The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rabid  (Read 29248 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Re: Rabid
« Reply #660 on: December 13, 2017, 05:35:13 AM »
"I won't," Tyler replied, turning to sit on the end of the bed. Pulling his shirt back on, he looked up at her and smiled. "Y'know something? The apocalypse look suits you. It's cute," He said, gesturing to her now longer hair.

The infected coyote turned around, it's face disfigured and bloody. It didn't growl as it slumped after Holly, as of its vocal chords had since decayed.

Blaine still fumbled with his pistol as the coyote grew closer.
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #661 on: December 13, 2017, 06:54:25 AM »
She moved towards it and stabbed at it's temple, her hand moving much faster than Blaine's pistol. A hand couldn't get stuck as easy.

Kai laughed, "I don't feel very cute," she said with a smile.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: December 13, 2017, 07:02:33 AM »
Breathing a heavy sigh, Blaine laid back in the bushes for a moment.

Once he regained his bearing, he stood up and brushed off the leaves and twigs that stuck into his jacket. "Thanks for that...so let's head through the alley." He said, pointing to the open fence gate leading to the small road.

"Oh shush.." Tyler replied, standing up and walking over to her. Brushing back a lock of hair over her ear, he kissed her cheek softly.

"You're the cutest thing I ever saw," He whispered, bumping her nose with his.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #663 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:51 AM »
Holly nodded, crouching next to the body to pull her knife back out of it's head.

Kai smiled wider. "Well, that power isn't gonna find itself..."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #664 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »
"Well then, let's go find it." Tyler replied, returning her smile as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

Letting her take the lead, he nuzzled her cheek and laughed at the feeling of butterflies in his stomach.

Blaine crept up to the gate, peeking around the side. At the end of the alley, a truck could be seen passing by. The back was full of masked survivors, more of Farrows' men.

"That's going to be a problem.." He whispered to himself as he readied his rifle.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: December 13, 2017, 08:49:13 AM »
"Yeeep" Holly whispered behind him. She readied her own rifle, no time for a knife here.

Kai went down the stairs towards an outlet to figure out where the power lines came from.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #666 on: December 18, 2017, 07:07:29 AM »
"If the power isn't browning out, the generator must be high-end. Especially considering we never heard it kick on." Tyler replied, standing a few feet away. He turned off the unnecessary electronics and lights, attempting to save up any energy left.

Blaine took point, lowering his bandana to light another cigarette. The alley was walled off with brick fences and garages, the sides covered in crude graffiti and warnings.

"Seems like these guys are a hell of a lot more organized then we thought. They're like a damn militia," Blaine said, occasionally looking over his shoulder.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: January 09, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »
Kai nodded, checking the general direction of where the power source was. It seemed to be towards outside. She followed it along slowly, taking soft steps. She followed it outside, she stopped at the door and opened it a slight bit, looking around outside cautiously.

Holly nodded, reading some of the warnings and watching trucks pass by. "Isolate any smaller vehicles or groups would be our best bet. This isn't exactly a video game, throwing a bottle ain't gonna cut it. Wait for them to be alone then take 'em out as quickly and quietly as possible..."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #668 on: January 10, 2018, 03:58:16 AM »
"Man, I really miss video games..." Blaine whispered to himself, reaching the end of the alley. Peering around the side of the wall, he noticed more than he expected.

The road led to an intersection, which ran across Main Street. But the road had been converted into a checkpoint of sorts, with blockades and walls made of sheet metal with wood. Occupying the checkpoint were, to Blaine's counting, at the least ten militiamen who were armed to the teeth.

"Yeeeah, we're not getting through that way. Too bad we don't have a big siren or something, could totally draw in the dead." Blaine said, keeping a hushed tone as he looked back at the fox.

"I got your six.." Tyler said as he decided to follow her, keeping a hand on the pistol in his waistband. Outside was eerily quiet, the silence only being occasionally broken up by the leaves rustling.

"You think they're okay? Those were some seriously bad dudes we ran into.." Tyler asked, looking around the yard. His ears occasionally twitched at the sounds of the leaves, mistaking it for footsteps against fallen leaves.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #669 on: January 10, 2018, 06:45:04 AM »
Holly  chuckled, "So do I man." she thought for a moment. "I like where you're going though. I got an idea." She grinned like a madwoman, her eyes flipping between the forest and the men, her ear occasionally twitching at sounds. "But we're gonna need a lot of the dead. A lot,"

Kai nodded, stepping out while she pulled her knife from a pocket and stepped out, following where the line would have gone. She wondered where it had been that others hadn't cut the power or gas. That would have been smarter. So where was it? Her ears twitched every once and a while, she was listening for tell tale sounds of living beings. Breathing, footfalls, possibly if close enough a heartbeat or a random twitching move. Nothing could stay completely still.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #670 on: January 20, 2018, 02:14:11 AM »
"So how do you expect to get a horde in here without getting chomped?" Blaine replied, still watching the guards down the road.

Tyler stayed behind the smaller fox, deciding to take his pistol out in case of anything. The silence fueled his paranoia, leading him to never stay still. His head was on a oscillating swivel.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #671 on: January 20, 2018, 02:26:43 AM »
Holly shrugged, "We could always run throug[size=78%]h the forest but that's not gonna help much... I can scream decently loud, but we don't know how many are in the vicinity."

[/size]

[/size][size=78%]Kai's head snapped to the side, she thought she heard something, but instead she spotted an insect scuttling through the grass. She had mistaken it with something larger rustling through the grass. "Hmm...' She was still walking, and had made it to the end of the power line. It was going straight into the ground, a small manhole beside it. She sighed, "So it was underneath us."[/size]
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: January 20, 2018, 02:40:19 AM »
"Well, allow me miss." Tyler said, handing her the pistol as he took a flashlight out, resembling a mag-lite. Pulling the manhole open, he held back retching as a foul smell came out.

"Jesus Christ! Agh!" Tyler coughed out, covering his nose with his shirt. Going back to the hole, he flashed the light in and revealed a dead body at the bottom.

"I got it!" Blaine quietly yelled, throwing his bag down. He unzipped the side pouch and dug through it before pulling out a handful of fireworks.

"Think this'll draw 'em in?" He asked, looking at Holly with a devious but hopeful look.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: January 20, 2018, 02:56:40 AM »
Holly returned the look, yet wondering where the hell those had came from. "Possibly..." She said, feeling for her lighter which was in her pocket. "We'll need to run the moment we set these off."

Kai looked down, twitching. The smell hit them both really hard, she pinched her nose, "Who the hell is that? The resident's former owners?"
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #674 on: January 20, 2018, 06:36:41 AM »
"I bought 'em for the fourth of July...before all this. Forgot about them." Blaine said, wrapping the bundle of fireworks in twine. "But yeah. We can toss it down the road and flank that emplacement." He added, standing up to face her.

"Probably. Must of opted out of...all this," Tyler said, gesturing to everything around. Peering back down the hole, he noticed the glint of what appeared to be a shotgun by the body. It was a grim, yet useful, find that cemented his theory.