The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nuclear fallout survival roleplay  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
Nuclear fallout survival roleplay
« on: February 03, 2017, 08:02:10 PM »
You live in a small city in Ohio
Bombs have been going off, you know it's the apocalypse, so you gather all of your supplies and loved ones and head for the nearest safe house

However the safe house you are in is full of other people also looking to survive, all of you most work together to survive the fallout at all costs
P.S. I will be participating in this roleplay

Post Merge: February 03, 2017, 08:25:17 PM
Darwin rose from his feet, slightly dozed off and confused, however he had a good sleep regardless, he looked outside the window, expecting a sunny, peaceful day with his furry friends

What he saw was horrifying, there was radiation everywhere, mutated people brutally killing and beating up others, and lots of explosions going off in the distance, Darwin knew he couldn't stay in his home

He went to grab a gas mask from his basement, then he proceeded to go into his weapons closet, he grabbed a backpack and loaded it with assault rifles, handguns, and grenades, he also armed himself with a combat knife and a shotgun, he was ready for war

However due to skinny frame, it was extremely difficult to carry all the food and weapons, so he took out a couple weapons, which made it a little easier to carry

He then proceeded to put on a heavy bulletproof vest, the weight almost made him collapse, but he knew he would need the protection, he got all of these supplies from his father in case he was in serious danger

He also put on a helmet for head protection, he then exited the basement and head to the front door, just before opening, he secured his belongings and made sure he had everything he wanted, he knew this could possibly be his last day alive.

He slowly opened the front door "keep your head up, maintain a steady aim, stay alert..." Darwin was remembering the tips his father gave him in case of dire situations like this

The sky was a thick, musky, yellowish green, with tons of dead bodies

Tons of property was vandalized or destroyed, Darwin took a quick look around at the broken down, irradiated place to scan for hostiles, nothing, he was safe for now

There were also flipped cars and ruins of buildings everywhere, Darwin wanted to know what the hell was going on, he was only 19 and scared
He slowly clunked forward each step, getting tired every time he took another one, he then saw a subway entrance that he used to go to a lot, he went down the cracked and worn down staircase...

He saw the outline of a door, he went to go touch it, as he knew this subway, and he knew this was the safe house entrance. He pushed the door open, rushed inside and quickly slammed the steel door shut, locking it. He knew others would come here, so he braced himself, but before that he took off his insanely heavy equipment and gasped for air, happy that he made it, but now he knew that the journey to survive had just begun
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:25:17 PM by Darwin Hyderman, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Placebo
  • Coloring: Grey, white n flamey
  • Height: Smol
  • Weight: idk rude
  • Build: idk, I guess athletic?
  • Currently: waiting for next Christmas
Re: Nuclear fallout survival roleplay
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:28:56 PM »
Sailor knew that this would be coming eventually.

Through the small windup radio she had secretly kept in her room, she had listened to warnings every night. Her mother had forbidden such things, saying that it was bad for her mental health to be listening to the government lies and what on earth did they know anyway? An apocalypse certainly wasn't going to happen in this day and age, and it was her duty as a parent to persuade her daughter that such things were never to happen. But Sailor had been smart. The number of planes that had been flying overhead had dramatically increased in the last few days, and people weren't acting like themselves.

Now, she had woken up to the sound of someone breaking down the door downstairs and animalistic screaming coming up the stairs. Leaping out of her bed, she stumbled over to the window, and her breath caught in her throat, and a sick feeling came up in her stomach. Everything was a mess. Dead people, wrecked buildings, gas filled skies... She needed to get out.

She hadn't been allowed to prepare anything. Her mum had convinced herself that this would never happen, and had banned all talk of it. So now she had nothing, apart from her simple radio, which she grabbed. Could come in useful. Then all she could do was run out to the safe house. She had heard of it from friends and the local newspapers, but it was quite far away. She would have to run, and dodge everything in her path if she wanted to stay alive. The hanging from below became louder, and she concluded that she would need to leave now.

But what of her family? Flinging open her bedroom door, the first thing she could see was her younger brother lying on the floor, obviously dead. A sob caught in her throat, but she had no time to think about how he died. That would need to come later. Skidding down the stairs, the young sheep came across her mum flung over the kitchen counter, slaughtered with her head bashed in. Screwing her eyes shut, she made her way to the door, but was pushed back by a mutated dog who snapped out at her throat. Screaming, the 15 year old kicked him down viciously, then sprinted out into the open road, holding only a wind up radio and dressed in only pyjamas.

She covered one mouth with a hand as she ran on. The gas was licking at her lungs, burning them, and she started to cough violently. This caught the attention of the live people around her, and two started to chase her in hot persuit. Choking and panting, she tried to increase her pace, making her way round overturned cars and rubble. She almost had no idea where she was going at one point, but found herself on track again after a small diversion around what used to be the town hall.

Then she could see it. The safe house. With the energy left in her legs, she made the final stretch to it, before collapsing at the door, screaming and gasping at it.
"LET ME IN! PLEASE! THEY'RE GOING TO GET ME!" She sobbed, helplessly watching as her two predators approached swiftly. Sobbing, she continued to bang at it, pushing her mean body up against it in fear. She tried the handle, only to find it was locked.
I'm going to die, she repeated in her head, hyperventilating.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 05:56:03 AM »
An old blue fox, the age of 76, swung the heavy, rusted, metal door open to meet eyes with a hysterical young sheep-gal.

"Confoundit! I told you hooligans this isn't a safe house! This is mine! My property and you-!"

This was the last thing he expected. The last few months he'd had knocking on his door, it had been nothing but reporters trying to ask him about his secret bunker. "It's a SECRET bunker, dagnabbit! And it's private! Now get off the property before I call the police!" That's what he'd told them. And he read the papers online; they advertised that his place was a safe place to go incase of an emergency - his place! It was an outrage! He'd never agreed! And the cops only laughed when he reported it. What was the world coming to?!

A redundant question, to say the least. He knew precisely well what was going on. He prepared for it. That's why he had the bunker built fifty years ago and never came out. Others had called him crazy. Others had labeled him as a "conspiracy theorist." Crazy, no. But look whose theories turned out to be correct! Who's laughing now?!

The old fox scratched his head and fixed his glasses and nearly jumped out of his fur as he was brought back from his deep thoughts.

"Goodness, girly!" He gasped. "Come inside. Come on! In you come! In, in, in! Hurry now! Don't want to let any more radiation in, now do we?"

He held the door open for her. As much as he disliked visitors, he was obliged to help anyone in need. He'd made a promise to himself long ago: that no matter what happens, no matter how much the isolation of the bunker may change him, no matter who it is... if anyone needs aide when 'things go down,' he will provide. And he's determined to keep that promise until the day he dies. or if his name isn't "Blue the Fox."
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:05:49 AM »
Darwin proceeded to shoot the 2 madmen to Armageddon, rapidly blowing bits of flesh and face off their bodies, Darwin's was in shock of the gore, he had never killed a man.

He reloaded his assault rifle and immediately helped the woman up to her feet.*Hands the old fox and the sheep lady some food and weapons*
"OK guys, can anyone tell me what the hell is going on!?" Darwin said with a noticable tone of rage and fear in his voice, he asked if the 2 civilians were OK and they nodded.

The two looked concerned, obviously the sheep gal was more worried about what was going on than the old timer, Darwin decided to be generous and give the old man his gas mask and told him to keep an eye on the door in case any crazies try to break in. He told the lady politely to help him look around for other supplies or rations they might need. Darwin wanted these people to survive with him, and he knew that among the people that would enter, Darwin would have to supply for them.

He sighed about the thought, but he knew he had to if he wanted to keep these people alive, he was a good man with a kind heart.
"Do you guys have a radio?" The old fox slowly shook his head but the sheep lady raised hers in the air and happily said "I have one! You can use it!"

Darwin thanked her and set the radio on the table near him, it was dusty and worn out, but it was better than nothing, he attempted to tune it to a channel, while tuning he took of his gas mask, the 2 civilians stared at him, he wiped his face with his other hand, he was a winter fox living in a warm city, his kind weren't usual here

He eventually found a news station "finally" Darwin angrily muttered quietly.

"It seems that a madmam had purposely detonated a nuclear explosion in a small city in Ohio, reporters have been saying to have seen mutilated and mutated figures ripping apart and killing other people while also stealing their belongings and destroying city property, however tons of other countries such as Europe, japan, and Canada have also been experiencing nuclear attacks, someone is clearly trying to kill mankind."

Darwin was shocked when he heard the news reporter speak.
"Thus wasn't just a nuke, this is worldwide nuclear war..." Darwin thought. He told the old fox to keep his eye on the door and the lady to keep looking for supplies, he knew this was going to be a long trip, and he wouldn't like it at all.
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »
Ray had woken up to the eerie quiet of the city, and awoke to find the world demolished. He immediately went into apocalypse mode; if he didn't die in the blast, he wasn't gonna die by any other yahoo out there. After collecting anything and everything he thought useful, Ray moved outside. His more-than-lean body made his visage slightly imposing. Now clad in chains, a large jacket, a gas-mask, tan cargo pants and combat boots, he looked more like a vicious killer than his normally peace-loving self. Ray let his mind go blank, and started out into the wastes. It sounded earlier like his neighbor, an older fox, had some visitors. Ray cared for the old fox, the young raccoon remembered spending days on his own porch, having a conversation with the old fox.  Keeping in mind his now-slightly fearsome visage, Ray moved quietly to the old fox's place. Ray knocked gently on the old fox's front door. "Mr. Blue? You still around?"

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Placebo
  • Coloring: Grey, white n flamey
  • Height: Smol
  • Weight: idk rude
  • Build: idk, I guess athletic?
  • Currently: waiting for next Christmas
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 11:08:04 AM »
"Thank you sir, t-thank you!" The young mess of a sheep cried as she stumbled into the house, before falling on her knees and commencing to cough her lungs up. This was the consequence of not having a gas mask or any protection whatsoever; she could've easily died out there, and she probably had taken in a large quantity of radiation on her ten minute spring here. It was obvious that they would barely be able to go outside, and if they did, they would have to use tons of protection.

She glanced up as someone rushed by and commenced to shoot the two people that had been chasing her- fliching, she kept her head down until the door had been closed and they were safe. And when they asked her for help collecting rations, she could only agree dumbly. She got up, her legs incredibly weak and her vision and head swimming, then followed them down into the house, and into what she guessed was a bunker.

When asked about a radio too, she held up the one she realised she was still clinging onto. The only item that she had brought with her, hopefully to be used in order to help them. No doubt that more people would come- even from where she was, she could hear someone knocking at the door above.

The stranger beside her had managed to get the radio turned on and fixed it to a appropriate channel. She listened in intently to the news, and bit on one of her hooved fingers, recalling what the world was like outside.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 03:56:34 PM »
"When you're through, feel free to come inside!" Blue yelled to the young fox, over the mayhem. "'Preciate the help, stranger!" He tipped his make-believe hat to him. Of course, he wouldn't be able to come in himself, but if he knocked, Blue would certainly let him inside - provided he left his arms inside the bunker against the wall with all the others. No one in the bunker would need weapons, but if attackers came, they would be ready to grab for the bunker-dwellers to defend themselves.

He pulled the old, heavy door closed and turned back to Sailor. "Go on and get yourself to Decontamination, missy," Blue said to Sailor. "It's the room with the bulletproof-double-door seal on it. If you don't get there soon, you'll sadly begin to feel the true effects of radiation. You won't turn into any sort of superhero, I'll tell you that much. And carry a bottle of iodine with you at all times. It will help with any more rads."

Now, he could hear a faint knocking at his door. He was cautious this time, thinking that maybe someone had followed Sailor  and wanted in to get to her. He grabbed his old pump-action shotty and slid the barrel up the crack of the door as he opened it.

His eyes widened in surprise when his old eyes met Ray.

"Goodness, boy, I was beginning to worry about you! Come inside, quickly now!" He held the door for Ray and scanned the area behind him with acute vigilance while he made his way inside.

Blue never came out much anymore, at least before the nuclear apocalypse and whatnot, but when he did come out, he had always passed by little Ray's house. The little guy always seemed to be able to spark up a conversation that Old Blue was hiding somewhere inside him. Needless to say, he liked Ray. And he was more than glad he was safe.

"Avert your eyes from the Decon Room until Ms. Sheep is finished, then go on and step in there yourself. Need to try and clean yourself up, boy. Those rads won't go away quickly otherwise. And don't forget your complimentary iodine," he chuckled, pointing to the shelf that housed hundreds of small bottles of the stuff.
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 04:03:51 PM »
Ray stepped inside and turned to face Blue, so that he could both avoid this 'Ms. Sheep' and talk with the old fox. He pulled his mask off, and sighed. "I didn't know you opened this place to the public." Ray shook his head again. "Anyway, I'm glad to see you too, Blue. So, what's the plan?"

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
"Ugh!"
Blue rubbed his wrinkled eyes in annoyance, then fixed his glasses.
"Don't believe what you read in the papers or hear on T.V. Those daggum reporters... I told them this place was private. I told them. But... I am willing to help out anyone who needs it," he finished apologetically.

Blue seemed taken aback at his last question.

"'The plan'? Sonny, the plan is to survive. I don't know about you, but I have no intention of leaving this place. Additionally, I have no intentions on retaliation. Someone like me can't take them on by myself, I'm 76 years old! Do you know who dropped these on us, Ray? Do you? We didn't bomb each other, Ray. No, countries aren't fighting each other. It's a sham! A false flag! WE dropped them on ourselves! Our own governments did! And they want to point the fingers at everyone else! They want to end the world while they sit safely in their secret underground complexes that go sprawling out for miles beneath the surface. And then, when everything is all over, they will come up out of their little foxholes, excuse the pun, and start all over again. It's like some sort of evil, twisted Noah's Ark thing! It's tragic, but true!"

He then went into a violent coughing fit before continuing. "But you don't have to believe me," he wheezed. "I know no one else does. I'm the 'Crazy Old Fox,' remember?" He put up his paw to lean against the door to his bunker while he caught his breath.
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
Ray placed a paw gently on Blue's shoulder, in an attempt to keep him from collapsing.
"Easy, old timer. We don't need to lose you yet. I'm not writing off anything, who knows in this day and age. All we know now is Hell's broken loose. We're gonna stick this out, someone's gonna come and we'll be safe. However, as for staying in this place, that's just not an option. You've got food in here for, what, a few dozen years for one old fox, right? Now you've got two more, unless you're lookin' to stick it out down here alone. I wouldn't blame ya, but you've got company right now. I'll be more than willing to scab around for you, I'd honestly rather it be me than the Ms. Sheep in decon."

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 04:53:42 PM »
Old Blue's muzzle curled up in a small smile. "Yeah, you're probably right about that. I have to admit, I was only expecting one or two visitors at the most. That's what I get for poor planning. Well... less-than-exemplary planning."

He cleared his throat. "I'm sure there will be plenty of places to scavenge from once the heat dies down. It's likely best to go at night, though. And as your elder, I can't permit you to go alone. I'm sure you're the 'baddest of the bad,' as you kids say, but I say 'teamwork or get the fuggout,'" he chuckled to himself. "Sorry. Always wanted to say that to someone. If you want to go out, you'll have to go with someone else. Teams of two or more That's the rule that I just made up. Maybe that fox fellow outside, if he's not too keen on taking the role of sentry all day and night. Or mayhaps there's someone inside that may be willing to go with you," he shrugged. "Your call - just don't go alone. Unless you're Jon Cena... which you clearly are not. Yes, I know who Jon Cena is... or was. Not too sure at this point."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »
Darwin finished listening to the reporter and walked over to the group of citizen's to tell them the news.

"Sorry to say it guys, but not only is this city suffering from nuclear fallout, the whole world is as well!"
"I want you guys to tell me your names"
Darwin asked them, the sheep girl replied with Sailor, the old fox replied with Blue, and he already knew the other ones name.
"Good, my name is Darwin, I'm a winter fox that came from Antarctica, and I will be providing for you three."

The three civilians faces suddenly brightened up a little bit, even Blues.

Darwin handed Ray a handgun and some food. "Look Ray, these people are obviously terrified of what's going on but we have to make them calm and make them feel like their safe, now I'm no soldier, you now I'm a scrawny guy, but my dad was, and he told me to keep yourself and everyone in the area calm and safe during dire situations like this, and right now, I'm trying to keep that rule in order, I have Blue keeping his eye on the door, and I have sailor gathering supplies, I'm the leader of this group so far, I'm giving you people food and blowing anyones heads off if if they try anything, you can't trust anyone out here, but I want you to load this handgun and eat some food, we have to survive out here."

Ray simply nodded and took the food, he knew exactly what Darwin was talking about.

Darwin walked over to sailor and blue, they stood a head shorter than his surprisingly tall frame.

"Everything's going to be ok, no need to worry about anything, I called my friend to be here just a minute to help guard the place. We should be okay, if anyone needs anything, and I mean anything *winks at Sailor* then just come to your pal Darwin."

Darwin charmingly walked away to go do his own business, he looked around, Sailor was giggling at how Darwin winked at her, and blue was lost deep in thought of his family and what he thinks might happen during this strive to survive, Ray was eating and enjoying his food, still trying to figure out how to use the type of handgun Darwin gave him.

Darwin was happy everyone was doing well, he needed calmness in here.

But then he heard distant screaming Blue yelled at Darwin to get over here, as he heard the screaming as well, he screamed for everyone to get back and he aimed his assault rifle at the door, the 3 civilians scurried back behind him for their own safety.

Soon after that a large slam followed the door, Darwin quickly looked up and saw a heavily disfigured face, most likely by radiation.

"LET ME IN YOU SON OF A BITCH!" He yelled at Darwin.

"Why? Your just another irradiated outcast that's gone insane and will only betray us sooner or later if we allowed you in here, I only accept people who don't look like ghouls" Darwin calmly said to the man.

He pulled out a grenade, and Darwin quickly shot him in the head, blood splattering over his head and face, he didn't want these people to die.

He turned around and wiped the blood off his face. "I'm sorry you had to see that." Said the Artic fox. "Blue you can take a break from door sentry, Ray that's your job now.

Ray sighed but knew he had to do it "ok" he muttered and slowly walked to the door.

Sailor thanked Darwin for killing the madman, Darwin gave her a reassuring "I had to, it's my job to keep everyone safe" kind of vibe and walked to go eat something.

He turned back to see Blue and Ray, he took a quick glance at their expressions on their face while conversating with Sailor. Ray was tired and worried, but he was still watching the door regardless, he knew what had to be done. Blue was just sitting there, eating a sandwich, his face was slightly concerned but mostly blank and expressionless.

He continued to talk to Sailor, as he was lonely and needed a mate, and he hoped to get that out of her, she was young and pretty, exactly what Darwin was looking for, she was at least a whole foot shorter than him, but Darwin could accept that, he was a tall guy, so they kept on talking about what theories could be true about this whole nuclear detontonation, Sailor also loved to change subjects, she talked about pets and how mean people can be, Darwin followed along and tried to keep up by responding in the most genuine way to her questions as possible, while keeping a smile on his face.

Everyone was happy, and he was talking to a pretty lady, he gave Sailor compliments, such as "I like your hair" or "your eyes really bring out your personality" and it seemed to work somewhat, but Darwin kept trying to charm her

At least no one is dead yet, Darwin thought.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »
(I like that we're telling a story here, Darwin, but what I don't like is when people put words into my mouth, thoughts in my head, or actions in my character. A little bit is fine, but you're making too many things happen at once without giving anyone else a chance to respond. Sorry, but there's just too much power playing for me to handle...)
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »
Sorry, I'll give you a bit more time, forgot to tell you that I'm new to this lol, I'll try my best to dial it back a bit

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »
(It's okay, I don't want to give up just yet lol. But if I might make a suggestion: anything not-story, put in parentheses to avoid confusion.)
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?