The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nuclear fallout survival roleplay  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
Re: Nuclear fallout survival roleplay
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 07:50:20 PM »
Darwin started to talk a bit about himself during his conversation with Sailor.

"Did you know that my father was a military soldier? A strong one at that, he stood at 6'4 and weighed 240 pounds,he was a huge guy, now *chuckles* you would expect me to get his kind of body but no, I'm just a skinny indoor person, I'm no powerful leader like he was, he gave me all this equipment in case of emergencies if he ever died, and he did, of terminal cancer, it was sad but I had to move on, we all do at some point."

Darwin waited a moment for the group to soak in the truth, then he continued.

"My mother went missing about 2 years ago, her friends told me that she was mugged and kidnapped by someone, others say she died in a car crash, no one really knows, it's still a mystery to this day,and I'm still a bit worried about her Everytime I think about it, but I know she's a strong woman, and she can survive just about anything, so I can't fret too much, but as her son, I have to worry a little every now and then."

"I was going to be an astronaut when I moved to Ohio, but I had to be good at math, and I am NOT a math person, so I decided to back off of that job, and I'm still looking for one, but I love space, I really really love space, now I could talk for hours and hours of space facts and information but I didn't want to kill you guys of boredom *laughs lightly*".

"I have a twin brother, he lives in Norway right now, he's just visiting his friends and family there, he has a YouTube channel and he's pretty popular and most of his fans are Norwegian, so he decided to visit to greet and hang out with his fans."

"I'm just telling you guys some stuff about me to keep everyone calm."  The group understood and nodded.

"So I'm still looking for a job, my dad's dead, my mom's missing, my brother's in Norway and I'm kind of a space nerd, now you guys know who a bit more about me, who else would like to talk about themselves?" Darwin asked, he leaned back and crossed his arms, waiting to hear any replies or life stories of the people in the group.

He wanted to get to know his friends here, so he sat back and waited for reply.

Post Merge: February 05, 2017, 07:56:16 PM
(the next posts I would like Darwin to.get to know more about your fursonas, since they have nothing to do and it's getting boring in the safe house I suggest they get to know a bit more about who they are surviving with here, I'll let everyone go first and me last, take all the time you need to make a story, if you want us to do something else go right ahead, I just want to know a bit about everone in here.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:56:16 PM by Darwin Hyderman, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Placebo
  • Coloring: Grey, white n flamey
  • Height: Smol
  • Weight: idk rude
  • Build: idk, I guess athletic?
  • Currently: waiting for next Christmas
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 09:31:19 PM »
Sailor did as the old fox said, and headed into the decontamination room. Once inside, her head was instantly starting to clear; it was like a plague had just been purged out of her body. On her way out, she spotted the shelves of iodine and took a small bottle, as Blue had advised. Then, she slumped down in a corner, staring blankly at the floor.

It was then that Darwin started talking, both to the group and at her. I'm 15 dude, she thought to herself as she picked up on the subtle compliments, and she felt herself giggle along- her mind was a mess at the moment, so her emotions were running freely. It then struck her that, yes, they were in an apocolypse right now, and she, Sailor, was the only female in the room at the moment. If it remained that way, then it would be her responsibility to carry on their race. She was young, and would be able to mother children, if they survived so long. With a sickened swallow, she pushed that thought to the very depths of her mind. Thinking about what sort if attention she was likely to get wasn't going to put her in high spirits any time soon.

From outside of her mind, she picked up something about what everyone's life stories were, and listened in on Darwin's. At the end, she gave him the biggest smile she could muster (which was not very big at all), and commenced to start speaking.

"Well. My name is Sailor. I'm 15, going on 16 in 2 days time, and am frigging terrified of what's going to happen to us.

My family were killed this morning- or last night, I can't tell. My mum went mental in the days leading up to this. She said that a apocolypse would never happen, and she banned all talk of it in our house, so we were never prepared. My brother was 6 years old, and he's gone too. My dad left home ages ago, and we haven't heard from him since.

I wanted to be a vet, but that's clearly not an option any more. I was doing alright at school; getting good grades, was friends with a ton of weebs, and was generally quite happy. But yea. This happened. And now we're screwed, aren't we?

There's not much to me really. I used to draw stuff, and I like to read. That's about it." She finished off with a shrug, and looked up at everyone else. There honestly was more to be said, but she didn't feel comfortable with sharing it. She knew she would give up all her secrets eventually, but now was not the time.

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 09:51:42 PM »
Darwin listened to Sailors story, and he was honest about it.

"Well at least your straightforward and you get to the point, I'm sorry about your brother and your father, I'm sure they were both nice people."

Darwin put himself in sailors shoes, having her family killed just overnight, it was something he knew no one could handle, he thought as he snuffed back a tear in his eye.

He pulled himself together and looked up.
"You said you were in school?"
Sailor nodded, she said she was in high school, Darwin acknowledged the fact that he was possibly too old for her, she did look like a freshman or at least beginning sophomore, Darwin just started college a month ago, he knew he was too old for Sailor.

"OK, gotcha"

Darwin looked at his shoes, covered in blood from the grenade freak earlier.

"Ugh" Darwin gagged at the sight of blood and flesh bits on his shoes, he took off his jacket and used it as a towel to wipe it off, he then proceeded to put it back on unzipped

Sailor had a look of disapproval that Darwin used his clothes to wipe blood off and just put it back on without thought, Darwin saw the look on her face and wondered why she was looking at him strangely, but then he quickly realized what he did and apologized, sailor accepted the apology but was still disgusted, understandably.

Darwin stood there with blood on his jacket and shirt, he had a blank expression on his face, he was thinking about the look on his father's face right before he died, it was sad and monotone, like a wise old man that knew he was going to die soon, but didn't care

He cleared his mind of the horrible thought and looked up at Blue.

"So Blue, what's going on with your life? I would like to know more about you." Darwin asked with a noticeable tone of sadness and depression in his voice.

The Blue fox looked up and thought for a moment, Darwin was waiting for a reply.

"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 02:37:21 AM »
Blue dipped his head sympathetically at the youngun's stories, and wiped the lenses of his specs clean with a tattered handkerchief which a stuffed back into his pocket.

"So you want to know about me, do you?" he sighed as he leaned back in an old squeaky rocking chair. "Not a whole lot to tell. Used to be a student at the local university. 'Brightest mind in seven states,' they told me. I remember days and days of intense research. Still doing research. The one thing I keep finding from all my years of researching is that this world is doomed to kill itself. And here we are. As for my loved ones... Every time I try to think of my family, I start crying. I don't know why," he admitted. "I don't know who or where they are. I can't even remember their faces anymore."

A tear fell from his cheek. He briskly wiped it away.

"I'm not even sad. Really. I'm just confused. I don't think I have Alzheimers or anything like that, like we old people tend to get. But there's huge chunks of my life missing. But... my research..." He tapped the side of his head. "...is still there. All of it."

He nodded at Darwin. "You wanted to know, now you do. That's all I got. Figure someone ought to know it sometime."
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 04:28:03 AM »
Darwin realized that kind of everyone in this town had a dark past, including his own.

He looked at blue who was in his rocking chair, he saw him snuff back a tear, he probably thought about his family again.

Darwin thought for a moment. "So, you were a smartie, nice, I'm pretty sure a lot of people came to you for advice, I'm sorry for your family."

Blue looked at Darwin with a face of exhaustion and carelessness, he knew that Darwin's words didn't reassure him at all, and Darwin quickly realized that too, and quietly apologized for the inconvienence.

Darwin sluggishly walked towards the upward rectangular window, it was sunset, they had time for one more story before somebody was going to scavenge for food and supplies.

The white fox scratched his ear, and looked at his grey palms, pooling with sweat, Darwin was getting tired just as fast as everyone else in the group, but he knew someone had to provide for them, and Darwin promised them that very order.

He looked at Ray, arms and legs crossed while leaning back on a wall across from Sailor and Blue, he was clearly waiting his turn, but didn't want to seem desperate so he waited for Darwin to talk.

Darwin started to speak, his voice noticable parched, "it's...." He stopped and took a quick drink of water, he sounded much better when he spoke now.

"It's near sunset now but we have time for another story, Ray, you look like you have a dark past, tell us everything."

The raccoon waited a moment but then stood up and brushed off his shoulders, he looked at Darwin who was eager to hear his life story, and was about to speak, but waited for everyone to get ready, as he knew they want to hear this.

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »
"Hah, yeah, I don't really feel like talking at the moment. And my life story really isn't that interesting," Sailor said with a shrug, in response to Darwin's comment. And after that, she kept silent. Even after hearing herself saying it, she couldn't accept that her family were really dead. Part of her thought that it was all fake, and she hadn't seen their bodies in the house. Instinct told her to go back and save them, but reality was that it was hopeless. She played with her fingers aimlessly as she listened in on Blue's story.

It reminded her of her grandpa. He forgot stuff to, but she had always been close to him. She sniffed sadly too, memories and sympathy flooding over her mind, and she looked up at him sadly. She felt sorry for him too- he had also lost his loved ones, and she knew how much that hurt. And she could tell that although he was tough and cranky on the outside, he was lovely on the inside. Knowing this made Sailor's idea if the future just that little bit brighter. Sharing a bunker with people like him wouldn't be as bad as she first imagined.

{Just a word to Darwin- As Blue has said before, you're doing quite a lot of godmodding. If you can, I would recommend limiting down the control of other characters; leave posts open to interpretation, and don't control other people's actions. Thanks! c:
Also, feel free to do whatever you want to Sailor; she'll get over her depression soon, and she's the only gal so far  XD }

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 01:21:57 AM »
(I told you guys I'm new to this, don't expect me to be very good at this, I'm trying my best, it just takes forever for you guys to respond and I'm impatient, I'll try harder not to control anyone, sorry)

Post Merge: February 07, 2017, 01:27:07 AM
"I'm sorry that your family is dead, but, what happened to your mom? How did she start to lose her sanity? Sorry if I sound nosy, I'm just curious." Darwin said with a patient look of wait on his face, he was extremely interested in everyones life stories, and started to ask personal questions to give Ray some time to think.

He looked in the mirror next to the iodine bottles, he remembered what he said earlier and quickly took one in case he dropped his gas mask and couldn't find it when scavenging, he hoped no one noticed and put the bottle in his pocket, then quickly checked himself in the mirror to make sure he looked decent, he took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves, revealing his skinny forearms, covered in white fur, however the palms were gray, and so were his fingertips.

After doing so, he swiftly turned around and crossed his arms, waiting for Sailor to reply, he wanted to know everything.

Post Merge: February 07, 2017, 01:35:46 AM
(sorry I'm rushing it, Ray you or Sailor can either go first, take your time, I started to realize what's going on.)

Post Merge: February 07, 2017, 03:09:51 AM
Darwin was looking out the window, the sunset was beautiful, a mix of red, orange, yellow and a bit of purple put in there, it was like a fast food restraint smoothie, but with beauty to it (kinda stupid I know but try to bare with it)

He was thinking about what happened to his mom, is she dead? Is she taking a new identity and starting a new life? Is she trying to survive in the wilderness as we speak? Is she being held hostage by some maniac? Darwin had so many questions, one day he would start a search for her, but now was obviously not the time, he and the group are still trying to survive.

He brushed off his pants and rubbed his eyes, he couldn't see straight, he was exhausted, but remained vigilant in case any attacks happened or if it was dusk yet, he seriously wanted to sleep, but knew that if he did, who would protect the civilians? He was the only one that was prepared for attack, of course blue had his shotgun but he was thinking and was in a vulnerable position, Darwin had to remain alert and awake, anything could go wrong in a time like this.

He was expecting another crazy to attempt to break down the door, but it was silent, extremely silent, the only noise in the room was Blues rocking chair and radio static from Sailors radio, no other noise was heard, but Darwin accepted it, a little peace and quiet was what everyone needed every once in a while.

Darwin was also hoping his brother was doing well in Norway, he cares deeply for his family and wished him a good trip.

The friend that Darwin called earlier in the day wasn't here, he responded and said that he would be here, but he said he was lost, as Darwin's friend lived far from him, and it took a while to get to any area that Darwin usually was in.

He had a worried look on his face, they needed another gaurdsmen in case Darwin fell asleep, he tried his best to keep his eyes open, but he can only stay awake for so long, he would fall sleep eventually just like the other three would.

He stopped to look at the ground and walls, it was dusty and covered in dirt and food/water stains, he under stod that Blue was living here for over half a century, but he would try to tidy it up a bit if he were the old fox, as he didn't like dirty places and was a clean man himself

Speaking of clean he took off his gloves and walked over to the sink, he slowly turned on the faucet and water then started to run, he writhed and turned his hands in the semi-cold water, and even splashed some.water in his face to help wake him up, the sink was dusty and covered in grime, so he tried his best to not touch it, getting an illness while in a nuclear fallout is the last thing you want to happen.

He washed off his gloves too and then put them back on when he was finished, they gripped his fingers much better now.

He turned around and stumbled away from the sink, he sluggishly turned around, just barely avoiding falling over from exhaustion to face Sailor, he was still waiting for a reply. Maybe she didn't want to talk about it, and Darwin would perfectly understand, but he was still curious about her mother's mental health, as Darwin was always a curious person.

He fixed his posture and stood up, attempting to look at least half awake, he patiently waited for Sailor to reply.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:09:51 AM by Darwin Hyderman, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 06:25:15 AM »
"You okay there, lad? You don't look took good," said Blue to young Darwin. "Lie down awhile. Try to relax a little. I know a lot is probably going through your head right now, but there will be plenty of time later to do whatever it is you're thinking of. But for now, you need rest. There are people out there counting on the fact that we're too exhausted to fight back. Let's prove them wrong, see? There are some blankets and cots in the other room, feel free to use whatever you need."

He gripped the armrest of his chair. He knew he wouldn't be able to stay awake all night either. Someone would have to watch the door. If he had to, he would sleep in front of it alone, but he wasn't sure he could count on himself alone to keep the children safe. His senses aren't what they used to be.

"If, um... if you are up for it, do you think you could help me guard the door tonight? We will just have to sleep by it. We'll hear if anyone tries to get in. Normally, I don't have to worry about it, but now-... well... it's hell outside. I just want to be sure it stays out there."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
Ray shook his head. "Far from it, friend. My past is pretty normal, just wanted to make others wary."

As Blue said something about watching the door. "I'll watch the door, old man," Ray said with a grin, "I don't normally sleep much, anyway."

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 01:49:08 PM »
"I'm alright, but really tired, I need to take a nap or I'll fall asleep in the middle of the night, just in case, here's some ammo for your shotgun."

Blue had plenty of ammo but hey, more was never a bad thing.

He went to go get a blanket and set an alarm for his phone a few hours from now and set it on the end table beside his cot.

"Ray, I thought you would have a darker past, you seem like the kind of guy that would, but anyway that's not the point, if blue falls asleep, can you wake him up or take his place?"

Darwin wanted to hear an answer from before going to asleep, he wanted to make sure these people had someone protecting them.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 04:25:37 PM »
Ray nodded. "I'll switch off with the old man, don't worry."

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »
Blue smiled as he scooped up the shells out of Darwin's hand and tucked them into his breast pocket. "I certainly do appreciate your eagerness to help out," He said to Ray and Darwin. "Both of you. Looks like we have an all-right team here. I think we're going to be just fine."

He yawned and went on. "But tomorrow is when the real struggle begins. Need to... stay alert for... survivors... scavenge... supplies... bandits... mutants...." Blue trailed of and spoke even fainter as his eyelids drifted down over his eyes and he fell into a sleep fit for an old man.

"Zzzzzzzzz....."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 06:56:03 PM »
"I think she kinda went the opposite of paranoid, y'know? Or maybe she was paranoid. But she went mental over this apocalypse business. The radio I brought with me is the 7th I've ever had to buy. The rest she trashed, saying that the government were 'filling my head up with lies' and that 'no daughter of mine will ever fall for their conspiracies'. And she was basically mad before everything happened. She had extreme OCD and always yelled at my brother and me. But hey. I guess that's over now. Time to move on." Sailor finished with a sniff, before giving Darwin another smile, slightly stronger this time, before watching everyone go off in their separate ways. She lay her head back against the wall, and looked up at the ceiling. She knew that she would be sad over the next few days, or even weeks- it was only natural. But then, she wouldn't be getting her old life back, and there was no way that she would be able to. She would have to move on, and fast. Sighing, she closed her eyes for a while, and tried to relax herself.

She couldn't. Getting up silently, she made her way over to where Ray and Blue were seated at the entrance, and stood awkwardly, before whispering, "I can't get to sleep. Is it okay if I stay here with you guys? Can I help in any way?" She rubbed one arm nervously, before brushing her messy hair out of her face.

{You're doing much better Darwin c: I think you've got the hang of it now cx
It's just that some other people don't take god modding lightly, so it's good just to get yourself used to it. But like I've said, I think you're there c;}

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »
Blue woke with a start, and his glasses flew off the end of his muzzle.

"Amen! What? Oh. Hi there, missy. Sorry. Must have dozed off. You said something about wanting to help out, am I right? Well, There is one thing that will need done eventually, and that's cleaning out the Pump Room. When the skies started raining ashes, I flipped the water intake over to my personal reservoir. Problem is, though, the pump needs turned on. I don't know when the pressure in the pipes will drop, but when that happens, we'll have no water unless the pump is turned on. the Pump Room piled high with boxes and shelves and old books."

"The pump actually runs off radiation. Clever design I made up myself. See, there's a collector up above, and it absorbs the energy required to make the pump function. Completely safe, too. The pump also has virtually no wasted energy. The perpetually circulated water flow in the pipes keeps the power on. That's what knowledge will do for ya, kiddo," he winked.

He was about to say something else, but the power suddenly shut off, leaving the whole bunker in pitch-blackness.

". . ." No one could see his expression at that moment, but if they could, it would look something like:  >.>

"Flashlights to your left, doll."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 09:34:48 PM »
Sailor would've said, "Great, I'll get to work," very cheerfully and glad that she could be of service, but the power suddenly went out, and she let out a small bleat of surprise and fear. After a few moments, she heard Blue telling her where the flashlights were, and she felt her way to where they were. Grabbing one, she faced it down at the floor before turning one on, in order to avoid blinding anyone. She did that to her brother once upon a time, and he didn't appreciate it in the slightest. Pointing it to the shelf where she got the torch from, she grabbed another one and held it out to Blue.
"I think you'll need this. Just in case." She said, smiling at him. Out of all the people here, she had warmed up to him the most. She was also adequately fascinated with how he had made a pump that ran off radiation. She loved science, and this interested her a lot. But questions would have to wait- she had a job to do.