The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Burden of Heroes (Closed)  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Drake
  • Coloring: Teal
  • Height: 5'10
Re: Burden of Heroes (Closed)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 03:24:26 PM »
Rick came out and observed the mass liberation of the slaves, feeling chuffed that these people were now free.

He waited for the guards to come out, the big, heavily armed ones, which had big, expensive weapons that would sell for a lot.

He saw one out of the corner of his eye, he couldn't make him out behind the armor, but he was obviously human.
rah!

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »
Sierra was called in to help deal with the slave issue as a slave liberation of this scale was pretty hard for the city guard to handle alone. However it was because of events like this that Sierra was going into early retirement. She hated the very idea of slavery and if she had a choice she would gladly ignore this rebellion entirely.

Ever since the war ended Sierra has had very little to do and has been called in to handle similar situations like this one that she would rather let the guards handle. She was a paladin, a knight of her holy order and beacon of hope to those in need. She was not a simple guard but the kingdom has lacked any other use for her order.

So as Sierra knocked out slaves left and right trying to get them under control without killing anyone she saw one on the was using magic to hold the door open.
"How far that wizard has fallen...Such a pity." Sierra thought to herself as she dodged through the falling rafters and past the elderly slave till she was face to face with Raz.
"You courage is admirable...i'm sorry I have to do this." She took the flat end of her longsword and bashed it against the side of Raz's head.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »
Raz was holding the passage open, and although most of the slaves had escaped, it was the elderly that were hit and fell unconscious.  This made Raz extremely annoyed,  but just as the last concious slave escaped, he was hit by the sword and before passing out not from the blade, but from his own physical exhaustion, he looked at Sierra and said something quietly, "Your mother would be disappointed.... but I for... give... you..."

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 03:34:37 PM »
   Carl was a bit scared by a giant metal something zoomed past him, and looking back he could tell that it was one of those high order knights he heard when he was little. To see one in person was quite a awe to him. Though being that this one attacked the spell slinger. That is quite a frightful presence to be had, though he looked around and noticed the knight wasn't a friendly bunch. Though realized he still had that pitch fork in his paws and held it while placing a foot down. "Hey , you young trouble maker! Is that how you treat a wise man!" He shouted while a odd feeling was crawling down his back as Bess watched but kept her distance.
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »
Rick, taking no notice of any of the escaping slaves decided to run the opposite way from the horde and towards the knights.

This way he could take two birds with one stone, hold them back while getting first grabs on any valuables.

He swung at one with a fist looking like a puffed pillow, aiming to smash his face into the floor. This was easy, it had become second nature to him
rah!

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 11:55:17 PM »
Sierra sighs as she did not take pleasure in this at all. It felt horribly wrong. She hears the man call to her and turns to him a serious look on her face.
"I have orders to quell these slaves before they escape." Sierra says looking down at the pitch fork. Such a weapon was not refined enough to do much more then simply scratch her armor and Sierra doubted he could get a lucky stab.
"Best put that away, wouldn't want someone getting hurt." She kneeled before Raz and put a glowing hand on him, healing him of his injuries and making him stable.
"You poor thing..." Sierra whispers. She felt horrible and the words this wise man said her stung...She needed to make this right.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 04:58:09 AM »
Raz seemed to pull through slightly, and had begun to get back up, his hand still resting on the wall, and when Sierra was distracted, Raz slowly got up and attempted to limp through the hole in the wall to leave, "Do something right and don't stay here... You know... I used to be one of the grand mages... until the city threw me out...", he said in  a raspy voice that was also quite tired.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 03:21:36 PM »
   Carl wasn't ok sure what he should be doing, but seeing that if he did something rash. It would most likely not end well for anyone for sure. So he loosen his grip on the pitchfork, and took a step back being that he is free. So there is not need to force himself into a bad position. And so moving back he was starting to lead Bess away and hoped the best for the mage. While feeling his skin crawl on his back, but it was better then getting between a rock and a had place...
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 11:34:28 PM »
Sierra watches the dragon go and looks rather conflicted as to what to do. On the one hand she has orders to quell the slaves, but on the other hand slaves are wrong and shouldn't even be allowed in her opinion. After a little bit of thinking she says.
"...screw it."
Sierra starts going around to the elderly slaves and giving them healing so they have the energy to get going. After that she starts to rush to whatever mechanism holds the door open and tries to jam it so that they stay open.
"I'm may get in serious trouble for this...but i'm not going to the be the kingdom's lap dog for the rest of my life." She says and starts encouraging the slaves to hurry up.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 03:24:19 AM »
Raz looked back at Sierra and walked back to the wall and forced the hole to stay open permanently, and then he wandered back into the woods with the rest of the slave to lead them to his home, but stopped just before the treeline, "Miss! Hurry! They'll be coming soon!!", Raz watched the hole, waiting for Sierra, but as he waited, he clutched his side as a purple tear appeared on his side, and this caused him to fall back into a bush, clutching his side, "Gah!", slaves stopped and looked back at him and Raz simply said, "GO!!"

To help disguise himself, Raz caused the illusion across his body again  in case he was spotted, but anthros would see him for who he is, but see the illusion too.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
  Carl was well on the move when he could see that there was one problem with him being somewhat free now.. he doesn't know what he is gonna do once this madness is all over. And was going to make it to the front the pack, but felt Bess bumping his leg. "What's wrong old girl, we need to move." But she squealed as Carl looked back to see the dragon. Who was his eyes wasn't looking too good and then lightly jogged over there to try to place his arm over Carl's shoulder. Being that he wasn't juts going to leave his savior behind without a final thanks.

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 08:36:06 PM »
Sierra is bringing up the rear of the slave rushing making sure no one lagged to far behind. It wasn't long till she noticed Raz and Carl, cursing to herself as they were going pretty slow.
"You there keep running, i can carry take care of this one." Sierra says to Carl as she puts away her long sword away and starts to help lift Raz up.

"Your going to be alright, i can't give you much now but i will try to heal you more as we go." Sierra says trying to get these two moving as fast as she could, as the guards were not to far away.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »
Raz looked up at Sierra, a smile on his face, but that disappeared as he clutched his side, "Sierra... that's your name... hah... right?... anyway, I fear that I'm going to pass out soon... my home... my tower... just keep forward and you'll get there... it's protected by a veil and two golems... they will let us pass...   when you get to my home, there's a blue...", Raz's pupils shrunk for a moment, "A blue... hhhhh...", Raz's body then went limp and he passed out from the magical sore that had developed on him.

In the distance, two of the most laziest guards came to the entrance of the forest and they looked at each other, "I won't tell if you don't...", the other nodded and they both went into the hole and into the Slave area and knocked each other out.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:11:30 PM by Razuel »

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »
  Carl let go being that the big strong knight has the mage and wasn't going to fight it. "Alright then,  whew... my old age is catching up I say.. I'm gonna keep moving though me and Bess will take it a bit easy." He said while moving back to his hog as they where trying to catch up with the rest of the slaves, though he could remember the times he was young. And it all seemed like yesterday when all this mess had happened. And with that memory and one last look at the castle and the place his has settled for home. A tear traveled down his face and didn't look back.

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 04:08:58 PM »
Rick, in the distance let off a quiet giggling as the ran towards where the slaves were holding a huge sack, which was clearly filled with stolen goods such as weapons, armor and barrels of ale, needless to say, to go here had been a good call, to steal from the Knights would earn him some good coin, and maybe one day he'd be respected as he was once before.

He put away his troubling thoughts and ended up outrunning many of the older, slower slaves.
rah!