The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lost: Tropic Crash  (Read 10877 times)

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
Lost: Tropic Crash
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:15:46 PM »
It was a good flight, everything going as planned until the pilot flipped on the seat belt sign and the plane started to jolt around.
 Some people had to really struggle back to their seats without being jostled around, experienced fliers thought nothing of it as they experienced turbulence more than once, other people were full on panicking already.
The real panic set in when the back of the plane seemed to just vanish as it was ripped away. The plane fell into a head spin right towards the ground with no way to stop it. The force of the fall ripped away the nose of the plane as well leaving a hunk of plane free falling to the ground full of passengers.

Talon felt something cold on his arm. Wet. He turned his head barely able to open his eyes and watched as a small wave rose forward, splashed his arm and retreated back to the ocean. There were lines of red trailing from his arm back to the water. But all of this made no sense to his tired frazzled mind. A very realistic dream?
He moved his arm away from the next wave letting his claws drag through the sand. ‘sand…. It feels so real…..’ Pain shot up his arm after moving it. That pain seemed to reawaken him to his surroundings. It was at first faint but he thought he could hear screaming….?
As he pulled himself up off the sand everything became more and more clear. He did hear screaming! When he turned around his heart stopped and every part of his body felt cold. He watched breathless as people scrambled around the burning wreckage of twisted metal.

Sign-up then rp!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:47:01 PM by MrRazot »
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Lost: Tropic Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:04:24 AM »
Raz wasn't so lucky as the cage he was in was tightly compressing body, but he could still breath fine, however his cage landed not too far from Talon and it was slowly being pulled into the water.

Raz could see Talon very slightly but he only looked like a blob, just like everything else due to the blood from his brow going down on his eyes, but he could hear others so he started to cry very loudly, his cries echoing over the other screams.
His wings were being tightly compressed and both in turn had become dislocated but he couldn't feel them at all right now, mainly due to that his whole body hurt.

Raz's cage loosely outlined his body except for the actual cage door which was still intact, and the cage itself was made of a hard to cut alloy.

Quite a ways off a burnt suitcase was hanging from a tree inside the broken off first class section.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
"Ugh," Ratface said as he was slowly regaining consciousness. He was also recalling very slowly what had happened as his eyes were opening up to see a bright blue sky with smoke partly covering it. Steadily his hearing was returning as well.
"Argh, hmmpf," he was fighting to get to his feet and trying to block out all incoming noises, screams of people, agonsing torture to his ears.
He did not care to hear people suffer, the loud noises, everything else.
Then, from a distance, he heard a cry penetrating all other screams.
"What the hell?" He stood up and knacked his back and neck. Everything felt so stiff. The rat took a while to readjust his orientation and realisation finally hit him. He had crashed and was one of the survivors.

Seeing various bodies laying about and the plane in pieces, he could only think to himself how unlucky he was.
"Christ, why am I alive?" He mumbled.
He would have rather have died from the crash than to try to survive on an island awaiting rescue.
The contractor, he thought to himself with wide eyes.
Partially flailing, stumbling back on the ground, desperately trying to find his temporary 'boss'. It would all be for naught and in fact he could be in grave danger if this guy would have died in the plane crash.
Staggering around the bodies and unconscious people to find the contractor, he was slowly approaching the side of the water. Then he stood still, shocked.
"Sh...." He wanted to start cursing, but his voice was drowned out by the noise of a new wave the sea was bringing in onto shore, splashing over the thing that upset Ratface the most right now at this point in time in his life.
He found the dead body of his contractor, and he couldn't have been more annoyed or more upset at life. He needed this guy alive. Of course, they needed to be rescued in the first place, but being rescued and not having the guy with him... He would get into heaps of trouble.
It was not relieving at all to him he was still alive. He would have rather been dead.

Being the type of person he is, he also does not want to take his own life, no matter how dire the situation. Self-preservation is highest priority to him, and while he could have died due to the plane crashing, he didn't. Ratface knew he had to learn to face this fact. There was no other choice than to push on. He could never willingfully take his own life.

The white rat finally calmed down and took a look at his hands. The gloves were still on his hands.
"Good," he sighed. The only thing he had he knew he could keep under control in his life.
Although the gloves were slightly damaged and scruffed, they were still covering his finger tops and most of his hands.

Looking along the shoreline, he found the sound of the cries that have been bothering him up until this point. He wanted it to end.
Following the shoreline, he headed to a cage that was slowly being taken away by the sea.
I could leave the sea to take care of it... but that is going to take too long, he thought to himself.
He reached the cage and looked at it without yet touching it. He saw the small creature within it, a dragon.
"Well, well... Interesting critter you are," he said to the dragon struggling in the cage.
"Will you stop making such a noise if I help you out? You seem to be in pain, and the water creeping up on you is probably not the most comforting thought to you."
After a short pause to let the dragon think, Ratface slowly reached out to grab the cage. "Now don't bite or you're going back." He picked up the cage, walked away from the shoreline mroe closer to where Ratface found himself waking up prior, nearing a treeline going more in-land. He placed the cage down and opened it up, carefully and delicately trying to get the critter out without adding to his pain.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:28:39 AM by Ventus Fall »
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »

Raz looked around as he couldn't see who was talking to him, looking around frantically, but when he recognized a slice of help in the voice, he lowered his crying to a soft sobbing noise and let Ratface carry him I'm the cage.

The cage door seemed to have opened dispite how well the condition of it was in, but Raz was happy for this as he was pulled out; Both of his wings flopping around as he was lifted which caused him to start crying again as the ground against the joints that they belong to; so much sadness and pain could be heard in Raz's voice.

Around his neck was some sort of collar with a pendant on it that had a weird insignia on it, but despite what it is, it could be told that it wasn't something good.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »
Ratface cringed when the previously-caged creature was making these horrible noises again, but the rat could notice he was trying his best to not be as loud as he was before.
He took a look at the wings.
"Yeah, those seem dislocated..." He did not want to touch the wings, but had to. The last thing he wanted to do was help another living being, but he just wanted the creature to be quiet. Surviving on an island with others... and if he would dispose of this critter... he was not sure if he could do it without anyone noticing it. Saving the dragon was his only option here.
Besides, maybe the dragon will remember this. For now, though, Ratface just wanted to get the loud noises to stop.

The rat looked into the dragon's eyes. "Ok, I want you to listen closely. It's very important and I do not want to repeat myself." He waited a moment before continuing, "Your wings are dislocated, it's causing most of your pain right now. It's an easy fix but might startle you. It will hurt briefly."
He paused again, thinking whether or not to stress what he already said previously. He decided there would be no harm in mentioning it again: "And I really, really do not want you to bite or scratch me. If I wanted you dead or to suffer, I would have left you in that cage to be swallowed up by the water, understand?"

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »

Al's eyes opened as he lay on the sand. His head was spinning due to the nature of the crash and he was bleeding in a few places. Not a new sensation for him. The pain didn't bother him as much as the disorientating whip-lash and impact to his head, but he placed a palm to his left ear and attempted to stand.

Stumbling at first, he managed to get to his feet, surveying the wreckage and trying to ignore the people running around like headless chickens. My luggage... Need to salvage it... I don't see myself making a radio any time soon, but the blades will definitely come in handy. Al looked around the various bags, both on land and in water, trying to locate his own. He wanted to avoid the possibility that his sunk for now.

(Gonna leave this here for now.)
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
Ratface cringed when the previously-caged creature was making these horrible noises again, but the rat could notice he was trying his best to not be as loud as he was before.
He took a look at the wings.
"Yeah, those seem dislocated..." He did not want to touch the wings, but had to. The last thing he wanted to do was help another living being, but he just wanted the creature to be quiet. Surviving on an island with others... and if he would dispose of this critter... he was not sure if he could do it without anyone noticing it. Saving the dragon was his only option here.
Besides, maybe the dragon will remember this. For now, though, Ratface just wanted to get the loud noises to stop.

The rat looked into the dragon's eyes. "Ok, I want you to listen closely. It's very important and I do not want to repeat myself." He waited a moment before continuing, "Your wings are dislocated, it's causing most of your pain right now. It's an easy fix but might startle you. It will hurt briefly."
He paused again, thinking whether or not to stress what he already said previously. He decided there would be no harm in mentioning it again: "And I really, really do not want you to bite or scratch me. If I wanted you dead or to suffer, I would have left you in that cage to be swallowed up by the water, understand?"

Blood from his brow could be seen dripping into his eyes so his eyes were slightly red from rawness and we're slightly goopy with a pink goop from the eye's liquid merging into his tears.

Raz had tears running down his face when he was directed to look at Ratface, and he did listen but was crying still, but very softly.

Raz slowly and shakily nodded to Ratface in confirmation to what he was saying.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:12:36 PM by Razuel »

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:01:31 PM »
Talon still felt very stunned and he held his arm close to his chest in pain. Then he remembered he wasn't traveling alone. This brought on a wave of adrenaline. He needed to find Erin. She was traveling with him to help get his story published- that part didn't matter as much to Talon as it had a few hours ago.
Talon bolted across the sand calling out her name. His voice came out horse and raw. He called for her looking at every person he passed. When he didn't see her he looked to the burning wreckage. He had to try and find her. He ran into a part of the plane. There were many bodies there- some still strapped into their seats. He hiked up his sweat shirt over his nose to keep from breathing in the smoke as he walked carefully yet quickly down the isle to where his seat had been. There he found the doe Erin. She wasn't moving, strapped into her seat, with blood running down her face. Talon struggled to get her unhooked and pulled her into his arms. The pain that surged through his one arm and shoulder was horrific. But he just bit into his sweat shirt and carried her out of the plane hoping she was still alive.
-Edgar Allan Poe
-chicken run
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 08:20:18 PM »
Rhudé slowly opened hir eyes, hir head clotted from the smoke which surrounded the area. Remembering back to what happened, sie realised how lucky sie was to be alive. No one survives a plane crash, I can't believe I have... Sie felt around on the soft sand around hir, trying to get a sense of hir surroundings; to try and knock hir brain back into functioning. Sie slowly got up, vision still blurred by the impact. Slowly, the noises came back, filling hir ears with piercing shrieks and the sound of burning plane fuselage. I wonder if I'm the only one who survived, sie thought, and proceeded to look around for any other people who may have survived the tragedy.

The burning remains of the plane lay nearby the stunned coyote. Sie looked around the wreck to try and spot any further clues of any other survivors. Through hir blurred vision sie could see a person dragging out another person out of the wreckage. Quickly, sie made her way over there to try and offer assistance. "Do you know if there are any other survivors in there who can't get out?" sie asked anxiously.
[/URL]

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »
"I-I don't know" Talon panted out through the plane as the coyote helped carry Erin to a safe spot in the sand. "I saw many in the plane but I don't know if they're.... alive."
Talon returned his attention to Erin but he feared he was no longer with them. she was cold to the touch and he didn't see any life in her. the pain coursing through arm plus the loss of the only animal he knew here forced tears to his eyes but he shook them away. he looked back to the coyote "I-I'm going to try and get people away from the wreckage..."
-Edgar Allan Poe
-chicken run
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 09:06:21 PM »
"Got it," sie said. Quickly scanning the area, Rhude ran towards the plane and darted inside, looking for anyone who may have survived the wreck. There was nothing but dead bodies. The sight of the injuries on the deceased bodies stunned Rhude, but sie knew sie had to carry on. "Hello?? Anyone here?!" sie shouted again and again, with no response each time. The smoke was choking hir, eventually forcing her back out on to the beach. There was nothing but dismay. The golden brown, picturesque beach was littered with debris and bodies; patches of scarlet blood dotted the sand. Sie saw the hyena sie previously spoke to guiding people away to safety. Still stunned by the sight of so many dead bodies, sie half stumbled, half walked towards the group. As sie walked, sie realised that hir leg was bleeding significantly. The pain had become noticeable as the adrenaline began to secede from hir bloodstream.
[/URL]

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »
Ratface noticed the dragon listened, albeit it with difficulty. He didn't blame the critter for that though, seeing the shape he was in. He just really did not want to get bitten and wanted to make that clear. Seeing the dragon listened intently, Ratface was now finally sure it was safe for him to proceed.
But first he had to prepare himself for it, so he took his time to clean off the blood coming from the dragons brow with a dark purple handkerchief he still had in his breast pocket of his suit.
"It's making you seem as if you have pink eyes. Too girly a colour for a dragon such as yourself."
After cleaning the blood away, Ratface said: "Ok I don't have clean fresh water nearby to help rinse the blood that went into your eyes, but with the remainder of your tears it should flush out nicely."

Now ready, the rat took one of the wings. "Ok, here we go." He immediately snapped one back in place.
He never was one for counting down and lying about when he would do it. See... instead of counting down 3, 2, 1 and then doing it, people would often do 3 and maybe a 2 and then do it, catching a person by surprise. Ratface would skip this nonsense all together and just rather get the job done and over with.
Before there might be any form of struggle, Ratface immediately went for the other wing and snapped it back in place.
His fear of being bitten rose again and he was desperately trying to thing of a way to defend himself against bites and claw marks.

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 12:25:30 PM »
Al eventually spotted his luggage, but it was in the water. Not helpful, considering that the salt water would make the metal components rust faster and the plastic components smell worse. "No matter..." He said as he walked down into the water and dragged the bag back onto shore. Now that his luggage was secure, he could go off and set up camp for the night, as well as possibly locate a source of fresh water. Food wasn't of the highest priority at the moment.

The wolf opened the bag and looked through what he had. Clothes, papers, a knife and his katana. He equipped the knife and the katana onto his person, before closing the bag back up. Everything else could make valuable and easy fuel for fires. Especially the papers.

Alright Al... 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food. I know I can wait a little bit more for food, but water is going to be a problem for me. First priority is setting up a little camp from which I can explore outwards. Then, water. Food can come last.

He looked to the sky to attempt to get some sense of the time, based on the position of the sun.
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »
Ratface noticed the dragon listened, albeit it with difficulty. He didn't blame the critter for that though, seeing the shape he was in. He just really did not want to get bitten and wanted to make that clear. Seeing the dragon listened intently, Ratface was now finally sure it was safe for him to proceed.
But first he had to prepare himself for it, so he took his time to clean off the blood coming from the dragons brow with a dark purple handkerchief he still had in his breast pocket of his suit.
"It's making you seem as if you have pink eyes. Too girly a colour for a dragon such as yourself."
After cleaning the blood away, Ratface said: "Ok I don't have clean fresh water nearby to help rinse the blood that went into your eyes, but with the remainder of your tears it should flush out nicely."

Now ready, the rat took one of the wings. "Ok, here we go." He immediately snapped one back in place.
He never was one for counting down and lying about when he would do it. See... instead of counting down 3, 2, 1 and then doing it, people would often do 3 and maybe a 2 and then do it, catching a person by surprise. Ratface would skip this nonsense all together and just rather get the job done and over with.
Before there might be any form of struggle, Ratface immediately went for the other wing and snapped it back in place.
His fear of being bitten rose again and he was desperately trying to thing of a way to defend himself against bites and claw marks.
Raz closed his eyes when his brow was cleaned off.

Raz winced when his wing was grabbed as it slightly hit it's home joint, and as it was popped in, he let out a loud cry, and as the second was popped back in, he let out a deafening cry that seemed to pierce through all noise briefly, and then he lowered to a constant sobbing as the pain from popping them back in left a tiny lingering pain, but through it all, he didn't retaliate against Ratface.

Soon enough he started to blink rapidly as he was regaining some vision, enough to see clear outlines of bodies, but no bodily features.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
Ratface was very glad to take note of the fact that the dragon -while wincing and making a few slight spontaneous movements- had not taken it up upon him to bite the rat.
He sighed and whiped his forehead from sand and sweat. "Good."

Thinking for while, letting the dragon rest a bit, Ratface started to notice movement.
Other survivors.
During this thought he was trying to pinpoint who was moving where exactly. Being rather far from the wreckage in comparison to the others he was seeing moving around, and having minor nearsightedness, it took quite a while before he could see who was who.
That's... a hyena and a coyote... but doing what exactly so close to the plane?
Ratface looked further. He also saw a black-coloured character near the shore, possibly looking at some luggage they found. They looked rather smartly dressed.
Hmm, kind of dressed like me. Is probably also some hotshot. He grinned at the thought.
There were a few others moving about, a couple of survivors, be it well-alive or near death and clinging to the last bit of life left they have.
Most of these survivors might die soon. Feeling no regret at the thought, as it was just a factual statement he was making.

Leaning back, Ratface closed his eyes and did what could be called a quick rundown of meditating.
The otehr survivors could deal with their own problems, but what was his main concern?
After narrowing down what was most important, he realised it was water. And the little dragon needed water too for his wounds. Where would he start looking for water? It seemed like a pretty large one just from when he had regained consciousness and took a look around. The coastline went on for quite a while in both directions, and he feared that the treeline would merge into a full-blown forest if he would enter.
No, first rest. Regain bearings. Let the dragon rest for a moment. Maybe it can tag along. Its chances of survival might be just as slim staying here.
Suddenly a thought occured to him.
Medicine! Antibiotics! They might be some minor painkillers like aspirin or paracetemol in the luggage laying about.
As soon as the dragon would have had some rest, Ratface would go look.