The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lost: Tropic Crash ((OPEN))  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
Re: Lost: Tropic Crash ((OPEN))
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
That's completely fine.

(Not to put a shameless plug or anything) But the history behind Al's name is more than just a shortened version of Alka. You could always check my story in the writing and literature board to learn more about him, but yeah, just thought to put a note here (AND TOTALY NOT GIVE MYSELF AN ADVERTISEMENT OR ANYTHING)  >.>

I'm going to have him change into the clothes from his reference, which will be a little less formal. A black fighters Gi.
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »
I hope it's ok I say this, I want to point something out to Lumix.
It was a bit hard to read when with certain words like 'Sie' and 'hir' and such, especially in the narrative form.
Were you trying to show they speak and think German? :)
If so, it makes sense if they speak or think with a German accent because of their background although I don't see much of that going on in her way of speaking or thinking only in the narrative/descriptive part of the posts. The narrative writing part was the part that was a bit hard for me to read. Not sure how others read it, but that's my experience. Once again: Hope it's ok ^^;
They're the gender neutral pronouns I use lol
[/URL]

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »
Just an FYI,  Ventus is near Raz... Ventus is playing as a character named Ratface

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 06:30:39 PM »
That's completely fine.

(Not to put a shameless plug or anything) But the history behind Al's name is more than just a shortened version of Alka. You could always check my story in the writing and literature board to learn more about him, but yeah, just thought to put a note here (AND TOTALY NOT GIVE MYSELF AN ADVERTISEMENT OR ANYTHING)  >.>

I'm going to have him change into the clothes from his reference, which will be a little less formal. A black fighters Gi.

I read your story posts in the Writing And Literature board ^^
I was still confused though, sorry :S And those clothes sound nice too :D

How can I know that if it's not mentioned anywhere? :P
I can't recall those being gender neutral pronouns, looking online to recall what forms there are, I don't see those both as options either.
As far as I'm aware of 'they/them' is more often used as a gender-neutral pronoun.
Regardless, it is still hard for me to read and therefore hard to partake in replying. Just pointing it out, no offence meant :)

Just an FYI,  Ventus is near Raz... Ventus is playing as a character named Ratface

Yup, why what happened? So many replies and I haven't been able to catch up yet.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »

Yup, why what happened? So many replies and I haven't been able to catch up yet.

whoops that was to me, forgot Ratface was standing there, I'll edit my post.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 06:42:39 PM »

How can I know that if it's not mentioned anywhere? :P
I can't recall those being gender neutral pronouns, looking online to recall what forms there are, I don't see those both as options either.
As far as I'm aware of 'they/them' is more often used as a gender-neutral pronoun.
Regardless, it is still hard for me to read and therefore hard to partake in replying. Just pointing it out, no offence meant :)
You could make an inference

Can't speak for everyone but that's what I use, if you want me to change it what would you prefer
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:35:25 PM by Rhudé »
[/URL]

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 06:50:44 PM »
Makes sense ^^
I personally would prefer they / them.

However, at the end of the day it's down to you. It is hard for me to read, but you like writing what you write, which I'm totally for. I think some confusion on my end could have been avoided if it was communicated beforehand, but in the end I'm not trying to be a scary fellow member or a scary moderator :)

I hope that answers your question? o3o

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 01:57:53 AM »
So, for those who haven't seen lost, or have forgotten; There's an underground bunker, so for that bunker, I'd like to add a second character of mine into there if possible.

Her name is Felicity, and she's able to compile herself with primitive versions of Nanobots.

This is what Felicity looks like: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/21822340/

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
Rhudé, what is the sex of your character?

I ask this because Al (my character) doesn't care much for any sort of gender deviation. So, he would call them based off of their biological sex, as opposed to any preferred gender pronouns.

It does cause trouble for him on occasion  :P
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »
Ehhhh female lol xwx (if you wanna call me he/him that's fine but let's say she's female biology ;) )

I know hir/sie sounds like bollocks but for me it's the best option so that's what I use, sorry for any confusion caused by it
[/URL]

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 02:01:48 PM »
I know hir/sie sounds like bollocks but for me it's the best option so that's what I use, sorry for any confusion caused by it

Well, I did give you an idea what is generally used as well as it being much easier to read, but it is your choice :P
So just to mention it clearly to avoid confusion and stuff: If I don't reply or respond to your posts, it's not because I don't want to. It's because I have a hard time reading and understanding your posts.
In other words: Apologies in advance if that happens, and I hope you don't take it personal or anything :S

Offline Espen

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hiya everyone! I'm Espen, or Espy for short!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Fennec Hybrid
  • Coloring: Light beige and lavender. Lavender, green, and light blue spots. Lavender hair and ear tips. Light green inside of ears.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 110lbs
  • Build: Slim and athletic
  • Currently: Dancing the night away
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
Hi everyone! I didn't realize this existed before I posted in the actual rp, so my apologies! If you'd like me to remove my post from there so it doesn't mess up the storyline I gladly will! Anyways I would love to join and was thinking of a way to do so since the story has already begun. So Fable, since I'm going to assume that you've seen Lost or at least enough of it to start an rp loosely based on it, I'd like to introduce Espen as the "Danielle Rousseau" of the rp. Would that be okay with you?

Anyways, as far as my character:
Name: Espen Bahari
Species: Lynx / Leopard Hybrid
Character Build: Slim but athletically built.
Character Looks: Light tan fur with dark brown spots. Dark / light orange hair, and lavender colored ear tips. Light blue eyes.
Clothing: Tattered beige vest with multiple pockets to keep supplies in, and olive green cargo shorts with a few holes in them from extensive wear.
Job Before Crash: Well, if Fable lets me do what I want with my character, this can come later.
Basic Personality: Cold, isolated and generally mistrusting. Easily spaces out while thinking through situations and what the best outcomes could be. Very loyal if allied to someone.

I'm really looking forward to this, Lost is one of my favorite shows and an rp of it sounds great! Lovely to see some familiar faces as well as meet some new ones! Cheers!

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »
I'm perfectly fine with that and thinks it could be an interesting addition but its not just my choice- so I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks of it =)
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »
I think it's a good idea, just don't kill my character with the traps XP
[/URL]

Offline Espen

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hiya everyone! I'm Espen, or Espy for short!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Fennec Hybrid
  • Coloring: Light beige and lavender. Lavender, green, and light blue spots. Lavender hair and ear tips. Light green inside of ears.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 110lbs
  • Build: Slim and athletic
  • Currently: Dancing the night away
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »
Don't worry I won't! I mean most likely  ;) 

So should I delete my post in the rp board and create a new one once everyone decides if I can join?