The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cyberpunk-themed RP  (Read 13784 times)

Offline Rocket

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Rock it for me
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune (Urocyon Versipellis)
  • Coloring: Rusty red, ash gray, soot black, and white (gray fox)
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 150 lb.
  • Build: average build; larger than average tails (3)
  • Currently: pensive
Cyberpunk-themed RP
« on: January 05, 2017, 06:36:56 AM »
So it's been a while and I've hardly posted anything, so I thought I'd start a fun RP and see where it goes! If anything, I can say I tried.

The concept is fairly simple. The setting is a (not too distant) future wherein cybernetic augmentations, life-like androids (or "anthroids," meaning anthropomorphic androids), and robots are commonplace. Characters are living in an urban mega-city, with impossibly tall buildings, bright, colorful displays on nearly every wall, and public service robots always active.

This is mainly intended to "test the waters" to see if anyone would be interested in a serious RP on the topic in the future. If you enjoy it, be sure to let me know ^_^

Note: your character does not need to be enhanced or robotic in any way for you to participate.

Terms for reference:
Cybernetic Augmentation: Any sort of technology implanted in or on a living creature to allow it to surpass it's existing capabilities.
-e.g. limb actuators, augmented optics, additional robotic limbs, etc.
Anthroid: A synthetic being designed to look like an existing living creature, esp. an anthropomorphic character
Robot: A machine not necessarily built with the intention to resemble a living creature; usually specialized in function

Edit: Here's a basic character description, since I neglected to give one initially.

Name: Kairos "Kai" Grey
Species: Bioengineered gray fox subspecies
Abilities: generation and manipulation of electrical current; interface remotely with technology
Reference Image: Here
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:21:06 PM by ❮Rocket❯ »
We'll see creation come undone,
These bones that bound us will be gone.
We'll stir our spirits 'til we're one,
then soft as shadows we'll become.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Cyberpunk-themed RP
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 07:29:18 AM »
((Just an FYI, although it isn't mandatory, have a simple character info sheet for people to fill out helps get a personality feel of the joining character.)

Name: Razuel
Appearance:  http://www.furaffinity.net/view/19880754/ much more beaten up than what's there, and he has a muzzle and leather mitts on.
Weapons: Sharp claws and sharp teeth.

-------------------

Raz had recently ran away from an abusive foster home and now laid beneath a soiled cardboard box, feeling sick and starving and dehydrated due to the fact of that he hasn't been able to get his muzzle or mitts off.

His tail laid slightly out from under the box over a white discarded ceiling tile.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Drake
  • Coloring: Teal
  • Height: 5'10
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 07:38:00 AM »
Name: Richard
Appearance: ragged long coat, clearly concealing something and dark trousers
Weapon: heavy yo-yo
----------
(felt like a redo sorry)

Richard notices the strange box and sees the tail hanging out, he squats down next to it, tapping It as if he was knocking a door

"Hellooo? Anybody home?"
rah!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »
Raz was just too weak to move, but his body did tense up, and his tail twitched slightly when he tensed.

When the box was tapped, Raz let out a wheezing squeak and his heart started to race and his raspy breathing became faster.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 03:19:58 PM »
"Hellooo" he said softly

He slowly lifted the box as not to agitate whoever was inside
rah!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 04:54:13 PM »
Raz had multiple bruises and had a thick leather muzzle and mitts, secured by tight belts; his ribcage could be seen on his underbelly and his body was skinny overall, much more than what it should be.

Raz didn't bother to move... everything hurt... and he wouldn't be able to anyway.

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 04:55:54 PM »
Richard looked over, fairly startled, but kept calm

"Hey there, come over here and I'll get that muzzle off of ya"
rah!

Offline Rocket

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Rock it for me
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune (Urocyon Versipellis)
  • Coloring: Rusty red, ash gray, soot black, and white (gray fox)
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 150 lb.
  • Build: average build; larger than average tails (3)
  • Currently: pensive
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 07:34:50 PM »
Walking down the street, wearing a thick, double breasted coat with his paws stuffed into the pockets, Kai's ears perked as he overheard voices in an alley down the block. This wasn't typical, considering such a place was a great place to get mugged--or worse--especially at this time of night.
He looked up one of the walls and noticed a street surveillance camera; he squinted and focused his attention on it. In a few moments, he saw through the lens of the camera, making out two dark figures in the low-resolution feed. He took note of the time stamp in the lower corner.
Hmmm... Ought to be getting home.
But his legs didn't comply, and soon he was standing just before the mouth of the alleyway, peeking inside curiously.
We'll see creation come undone,
These bones that bound us will be gone.
We'll stir our spirits 'til we're one,
then soft as shadows we'll become.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 07:44:41 PM »
Raz could feel the kindness in Richard's voice and his offer.   Raz very slowly got up, his skinny body in it's entirety shaking as he put weight on his body.   He eventually did stand up, but the pain he felt all over made him groan; pain was in his eyes too.

He slowly staggered towards Richard, tripping and falling forward into him as he made it to Richard.

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 08:29:26 PM »
Richard feels around the muzzle, trying to take it off. He eventually takes it off and casts it aside, Holding his paws out so that Raz could be carried

"It'll all be okay"
rah!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
Raz had fallen to the ground when he tripped , despite falling into Richard, he wasn't caught and fell to the ground, but when his muzzle was taken off he let out a sigh and went to feel it, but couldn't properly due to the mitts on his paws.

Raz managed to weakly stand up again, at least enough to roll into Richard's arms

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 08:50:51 PM »
When Raz fell into my arms I pulled his mitts off, soon after, I lift him off the ground, and hold him close to my chest

"Christ, what kind of sadist does this" I mutter to myself
rah!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 08:57:51 PM »
Raz was cold to the touch as much as an anthdroid or other robot would be, but everything about him was natural.

Tears started to fall from Raz's eyes as he was able to properly feel now and it was such a beautiful feeling to him.

Raz  turned to Richard and weakly hugged him as he was thankful; his tail loosely wrapped around Richard's arm.

Offline Teo

• cuddle cat
  • Yellow Yak
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »
Rick smiled and hugged him back, lightly as not to hurt him. He holds Raz close to his chest and inside his coat to keep him warm, he holds Raz with one hand as he digs one hand in his pocket.

Out of his pocket he brings a cereal bar, he holds it in front of Raz in hope that he'd eat it
rah!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 10:42:36 PM »
Raz made a low pleased groan as he was put up against Richard's warm body.

As Richard brought the cereal bar closer to Raz's face he sniffed the air and brought his maw to it and started to nibble at it; when he opened his maw, a foul smell came out and his teeth had gone a deep yellow from very low maitenance from when he was at his previous home.