The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Heathens" - Anti-Hero chill RP.  (Read 15041 times)

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
"Heathens" - Anti-Hero chill RP.
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:01:24 PM »
I've been listening to "Heathens" by Twenty One Pilots a lot recently, and it's gotten me thinking. I couldn't think of a better song to describe one of my OCs - Al. So, I've decided to build a non-canon chill-out RP. I'll elaborate on why 'non-canon' in just a sec.
-----------------
Setting/'Plot': Anti-Heroes. That sweet spot in between doing good and doing bad. Whatever the reason, they exist to both create and resolve havoc. For some, it's because they were never hugged as children. Others have had their hearts forcibly hardened before they even knew what 'innocence' meant. Though, even monsters need friends, and every so often they all get together to lament and laugh over their various sins, be it over a drink or a game of darts. And that's where are story is set. A small retreat for those neither above or beneath the law. Outcasts, Heathens or Anti-Heroes, whatever you call them, they all know this place. You've got to give the conscious a break on occasion, after all.

The actual place is small island with nothing but a single building on it. The building is a mix between a cafe, restaurant and pub, staffed by robots. It's got a large space, accommodating people of all shapes and sizes, with stalls, couches and even tables with single chairs on them. It has a few entertainment items in it; A TV, a dart board, a large box filled with card and board games as well as drawing/art supplies for those who come just to be creative in piece. There are also instruments free for people to play, so long as you actually can play.
----------
Rules
  • Everyone knows each other, and shares mutual respect for each other.. This is why it's non-canon.
  • No God-Modding (with the only exception being me [see rule 5 as to why]).
  • While you don't have to be jumping from one person to the next, be a little bit sociable if you've come here. After all, everyone here is your friend, and they're all heathens like you. (again, love the song).
  • While you don't explicitly 'have' to be an anti-hero, you'll stick out like a sore thumb if you aren't.
  • This is a place of violent, anti-social killers (and not-killers). As such, violence and fighting is cool, but just note that there will be a god-modding figure (played by me) who will break up fights if things get too heated. Try not to wreck the place or any of the facilities. Nothing is free and as such, not everything which gets destroyed can be bought back.
  • Feel free to express aspects of your OCs/fursonas that are still in trial phases. This is a non-canon RP, so what happens here, stays here (unless you choose otherwise.
  • I'm not always going to be around. As such, I'm going to make the whole "approving ref sheets" thing a light rule. Go ahead and start after you put your sheet in, and I'll get around to reading it and responding when I can.
-------------
Character Ref Sheets: (just pop 'em below and I'll give you a PM as to whether your approved or not)

Name (include nicknames in quotation marks; Name "Nickname" Name):

Species:

Character Appearance (images and reference sheets are accepted, but if this changes, make a note of it IC):

Personality:

OPTIONAL STUFF -

Why you're an anti-hero?:
Weapons:
Magic:
Other Abilities:
-------------------
Name: Al "Quick-Eye" El-Kina

Species: Monfolfgle (Monkey, wolf, eagle)

Character appearance: See "Reference of Al" in my signature

Personality: Calm, sarcastic, confident, experienced

Why you're an anti-hero?: He was genetically engineered to be a killer from birth. Had he continued on the path laid out for him by his family, he would've never done a righteous or just act in his life. However, after the destruction of both his only love interest and his family, a traumatised Al had his head set straight. But, old habits die hard, which is the reason why he's an anti-hero.

Weapons: See "Al's Weaponry" in my signature. That being said, he is trained to use many other weapons, including guns.

Magic: N/A

Other Abilities: Has an eye and neural implant which can increase his visual sensory input by 3x that of an above-average fur. He can overclock it to go higher if he wishes, but this can cause uncomfortable high amounts of heat generated, which both wear down his internal organs and the machinery.

------------------------

Al sat a bar stool, sipping a diet-coke. He was a regular at this place, and often used it as a get-away between missions and jobs of his. Considering how often his life becomes complicated by other circumstances, he'd need the stress relief. He downed the last of his glass, and placed a 5 on the counter, a robot waiter filling it back up. "Wonder when anyone else will get in."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:04:13 PM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
"Heathens" - Anti-Hero chill RP.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »
Name: Zaida or Z for short

Species: Monster

Character Appearance: A 5'4 monstress with short grey fur with almost black markings and little bit of  hot pink under her eyes (markings are symmetrical), wolf like ears and a short snout, light brown eyes and dark brown hair shaved in the back and sides and two black horns that curve back a bit. Although her nose may look like a canines it's actually just nostrils.

Personality: Quiet, calm, short-tempered, serious, bitchy, unsocial, untrusting, negative, manipulative if she wants to be, but besides all that she's actually kind hearted towards her close friends.

Why you're an anti-hero?: Zaida is an Anti-hero due to her reputation of cruel punishments, nasty warfare, and thirsty for revenge, in other words she doesn't play very nice if you're on her bad side... As well as her 'Nightmare form' she can freely turn into however a deep state of Anger, Sadness, and even fear (rarely fear) can trigger this form as well, like a defensive reaction. Not many people have seen this form but it's to die for~ Some rumors go around that she may be a Demi-God but know one knows.

Weapons: Dual Pistols/swords (Can change between the two), Darkness, MMA, Teeth and Claws

Magic: Darkness Manipulation.

Other Abilities: Nothing.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:12:24 AM by Zaida »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: "Heathens" - Anti-Hero chill RP.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 07:31:12 AM »
Name: Matthew "Matt"/"Talon" Pierce.

Species: Hawk/Cougar chimera

Character Appearance: Pretty much like a deformed anthro gryphon

Personality: Just get to know him.

OPTIONAL STUFF -

Why you're an anti-hero?:
Matthew, simply a hawk at the time, was part of a clan of magic-wielding bounty hunters who track down malicious mages. He was an apparent force of good, even helped save a vagrant bear who nearly bled to death during an investigation. Turned out Matt was also deep in the same arcane crimes he fought against, wiping out rival cults while using the hunter clan's knowledge to protect his own. Meanwhile, he created powerful and horrific chimeric beasts from both people and feral... until he crossed the other leader of his cult and found himself as a subject. By luck, he managed to recover from the ordeal with a functional body and mind -- the poor cougar guy roped in wasn't so lucky -- but his reputation was forever destroyed. At least with the bounty hunters.
Now gone "freelance", Talon is praised among cults for his work in taboo arcane studies, from chimeric and demonic rituals to basic bending of light and the elements. He patronizes purely for banter and games and prefers to save his magic skills for productive means, but he can handle a clean brawl.

Weapons: A Dagger with a decorative handle and two pistols.
Magic: Basic elemental spells and "invisibility" (more translucent) for a limited period, all drain his stamina.
Other Abilities: He can call a lesser demon to his side. Think more "spirit" type demon than "RPG" type demon, if that makes sense. He normally saves him for reasons other than battle, so don't worry about that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:32:09 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 01:08:27 AM »
An individual stepped through the doors hidden in a black hooded robe. He stopped for a moment, eyes shifting around the joint less populated than he's used to.

"Mm, I'm a little early tonight, eh?" he joked, pulling his hood down to reveal the notable scarred face of Talon.

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 01:40:30 AM »
Al smirked, not turning to see Talon but recognising the voice and tone. "Thought I might get a head start. Place is awfully peaceful when the rest of you aren't around." He chugged the entire glass of coke before turning around on his stool. "Although, you're not exactly late either."
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 02:02:47 AM »
"Good," Talon replied. "Would've skipped out tonight if my clients weren't a bunch of dolts. Had me all ready to go but forgot about the cash."
He took off his robe, revealing plain black attire, and stretched out his wings. "No money, no buy. You know how it goes."

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 02:16:44 AM »
"I say it, 'no bills no kills', but yeah. I see what you mean. Really pisses me off when they do that." Al motioned to the seat beside him, waving a 5 in the air as to suggestion he'd buy Talon a drink.

Reference of Alka

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 02:28:18 AM »
He nodded in approval and sat down.
"Mm, yeah. Works out most of the time, though. They at least know enough what their dealing with. Then you get the green ones, the edgy teenagers fresh out of high school diving into the mystic grit to look cool and spite their parents." He shrugged. "Some can't squeeze enough of Daddy's change out. It happens."

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 02:32:19 AM »
Al cocked an eyebrow. "I try not to sell my services to children for that exact reason, you know." He placed the 5 on the table and looked at a nearby waiter-bot. "Get him one glass of whatever he wants."

Reference of Alka

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 02:39:40 AM »
"Just a coke, thanks," Talon replied, scratching his head.
"Well, they're of age, at least. Some are more equip for it than others. Besides, nearly every guy in the business dabbled in their youth. I give them the benefit of the doubt."

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 02:41:50 AM »
Al snickered. "By that logic, I should offer tutoring to 6 year olds." Al looked around getting a good look of the place. "You know, they really spruced up the place since the last time I visited. Which really says something considering how often I visit."

Reference of Alka

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 02:22:08 PM »

Name: Shoon "Midnight star" Vysenshtern

Species: Western Dragon

Character Appearance:
Body: Silver semi shiny scales, blue horns in  a small low arc over his head ending shortly after it, Wings with the same kind of blue but slightly lighter skin in them, Fingernails are the same blue as the horns, Bright light blue eyes.
Clothing: dark pants with high brown leather boots, dark blue trenchcoat.

Personality: Observant, calm, sharp.

Why you're an anti-hero?: He doesn't like the world he sees, he looks at the world with disgust and tries to make it better by killing the worst that he can find. He is willing to cause genocide for his beliefs for a world of smart people who know how to use life.
Weapons: Spear, this smg, this DMR.
Magic: Phase Shift.
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 03:22:21 AM »
Zaida entered the building quietly, and glanced around the restaurant with a light yawn. The monstress sniffed her nose before taking a seat at the counter, deciding on what to get.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 08:14:33 AM »
Talon turned to gaze around the place. "Puh, shows how observant I am. Didn't even notice."
When his eyes fell on Zaida as she walked in, he smiled and waved his hand coolly. " 'ey, Z."

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »
Al turned to look at Zaida. "The darkness godess herself. To what do we owe the pleasure?" He gave a sarcastic smile at Zaida as he said this.

Reference of Alka