The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Greatness of Iridescence [Signups Closed, OOC Thread]  (Read 3480 times)

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • "NEXT TIME YOU INVITE PAM."
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon, feathered wings
  • Coloring: Pastel pink and blue, with swirling patterns around the horns and tail.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 173 lbs.
  • Build: Chubby
Greatness of Iridescence [Signups Closed, OOC Thread]
« on: September 26, 2016, 09:57:20 PM »

Hi! I'm new to the furry community, but not new to roleplaying.

The GM rules explain just about everything, so here's a copy:
GM RULES

• Genre is "modern fantasy". The best way to describe it is a world with today's technology, but things like magic and alchemy exist. Magic is kept on the down-low, as it's generally regarded with suspicion at best and horror at worst. Real places exist, but with furries, of course.
  • I'm hoping for a general slice-of-life feel. Maybe some friendships will blossom, who knows?
  • I'm going to run multiple characters at once at some points. A list of characters will be available here for reference.
  • I'd prefer only a few people, with posting scheduled in a set order (e.g. me, person 1, person 2, me, etc.).
  • I don't have a set story planned out; I'm mostly trying to flesh out characters. Bear with me if things stagnate, I'll try my best!
  • Romance is allowed FOR ALL CHARACTERS... though they do have some secrets. All character are panromantic (they'll love anybody).
  • PM me if you have any questions.
  • All general forum and RP rules apply.
  • Have fun! Let's tell a nice story! <3
I don't want to give too much background, and the setting is pretty simple, but here's the premise:

The first recorded history we have is that the world was ruled by dragons. They held dominion over the lesser races with their powerful magic, demanding tribute and luxury. But just as all empires grow and rise, they must fall. Traces of the draconic empire are nonexistent. Dragons still live today among the other races. Magic left its mark on the world, giving its power to whoever had the determination to master it. It's as if the empire never happened.

But dragons have always been just a little bit more powerful, more ambitious. One has to wonder if they remember what it was like to be gods.

One has to wonder if they want their empire back.

For whatever reason, you're in the town of Chastellux. It's a nice place, even if it's a bit small. There's been rumors of strange magical activity in the town. I'm going to leave it up to you why you're here and what your objective is, but there is a story to it.

CHARACTER SHEET (graciously added by Magic Moka!):
Name:
Gender / Species:
Weight:
Build:
Profession:
Abilities (remember, not everyone is magic):
Physical Appearance:
Clothing:

Here's a character sheet for my primary character.
Name: Sucre Verre
Gender / Species: Feminine (she/they pronouns), Dragon
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 173 lbs
Build: Chubby
Profession: Alchemist and Herbalist
Abilities: Minor magical prowess, particularly skilled at brewing potions and crafting salves. Can fly, but doesn't have enough endurance for long-distance flights.
Physical Appearance: Sucre is primarily pastel pink and blue, in a pattern of large swirls across her body. She has broad, feathered wings and a thick, curly tail. Her body is primarily a soft hide-like texture as opposed to scales, but there are some scaly patches on her forearms and cheeks. She has short claws and soft pawpads on her hands and feet. Her 'horns' are more like curled, bendy appendages off of her head. Her muzzle is short and stout.
Clothing: Primarily sundresses, wide-brimmed fancy hats, formal clothing on occasion, and coats with many pockets. She also likes tying charms to her tail sometimes.

ROLEPLAYERS:
1. Magic Moka as Neko Thompson
2. Razuel as Razuel Dracon
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:11:19 PM by FinalPam »
  • Avatar by: shannondapper.tumblr.com (not me, i've got permission, we cool)
testimonials:
"i don't capitalize words to preserve my aesthetic" -me

"you can't put an ice cream sandwich in a blender and call it a milkshake, it doesn't work like that, nothing works like that" -me

"LOOK OUT ITS PAM" -monster factory, maybe not about me

"do you get to the cloud district very often? oh, what am i saying, of course you don't" -nazeem, aka nazmeme

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
Re: Greatness of Iridescence Signup [3 slots available]
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:38:07 PM »
Just a quick tip, when starting an rp it is generally always important to include a character sheet. I can make one since I plan on joining.

Name: Neko Thompson
Gender/species: Female Liondillo (lion/Armadillo hybrid)
Height: 6'2
Weight: 213 IBS
Build: Very well muscled and fairly bulky because of it.
Power: What doesn't kill her only makes her stronger, to the most literal definition of that phrase. When ever Neko gets hurt instead of breaking her, her body recuperates faster then what is normal and makes that part of the body even stronger. Currently she can take a lot of punishement as has the strength to lift a small car.
Profession: Neko is a personal trainer and a very popular one at that.
Physical appearance: Neko is a fairly strange hybrid as her body has both a mix of smooth scaly skin and soft goolden fur. She has long, straight, golden blonde hair that tends to cover her left eye. She has the capability to curl up into a ball like her armdillo kin as scales run down her back and up her tail, although its kind of hard when she has clothes on.
Clothing: She tends to wear clothes ment for working out as she does fitness training quite frequently. However in a more casual setting she prefers wearing long dresses and heeled shoes.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Pastel pink and blue, with swirling patterns around the horns and tail.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:45:03 PM »
Awesome, I'll get right on it. Thanks!
testimonials:

"you can't put an ice cream sandwich in a blender and call it a milkshake, it doesn't work like that, nothing works like that" -me

"do you get to the cloud district very often? oh, what am i saying, of course you don't" -nazeem, aka nazmeme

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 04:24:03 AM »
Name: Razuel Dracon
Gender / Species: Male / Feral Western Dragling
Height: 3'5''
Weight: 200
Build: At this point in his life, gangly and almost skeleton like.
Profession: None
Abilities (remember, not everyone is magic):
Physical Appearance: General Appearance and his What h roughly looks like younger, but in this context, he has lots of whip scars on his body.
Clothing: None (Besides a tattered leather muzzle and dirtied  leather mitts

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 10:19:28 AM »
Got you registered, Razuel.

If nobody else signs up before this afternoon when I get home, I'll go ahead with just two.

Post Merge: September 27, 2016, 07:44:31 PM
Alrighty, so the deadline for a 3rd person to sign up is 4:00 EST! After that, this will be closed and renovated into an OOC thread and the RP will start!

Post Merge: September 27, 2016, 11:28:08 PM
((Hey Raz, love the direction this is going so far. Let's wait for Magic Moka to show up. If she doesn't show up until tomorrow, I'll open the RP to a new participant. The story can't quite be moved along with just a kid, however cute he might be.  :) ))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:28:08 PM by FinalPam, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
testimonials:

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
Re: Greatness of Iridescence [OPEN, Two Slots Remaining]
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »
I am back finally! :D

Will post soon.

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
Re: Greatness of Iridescence [Signups Closed, OOC Thread]
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 08:04:15 AM »
Hey was wondering what is going on? I have been waiting for a response from FinalPalm before continuing.

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 12:35:16 PM »
Sorry I was so late! I was volunteering at a speech and debate tournament yesterday and it ran pretty late. Response will be posted ASAP!

Post Merge: October 02, 2016, 12:55:17 PM
My last reply (begins with Sucre closing the door) is a bit of a puzzle. Can Neko or Razuel figure out what's wrong? Hint: read your own past replies.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:55:17 PM by FinalPam, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
testimonials:

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »
Yeah I see the hints, but I am not sure that I mentioned neko is technically a pacifist. She will always fight to defend herself or others if there is no other choice...but she will try the peaceful route first normally.

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 03:25:34 PM »
The art of the pendant charm in my latest post is by Wayne England.
testimonials:

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »
So maybe we should discuss what nekos fortune is, unless you already had something planned based on the pm I sent.

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »
I have a plan, sort of. I actually have a real-life tarot deck, and was going to use draws from that (I might do multiple if one really doesn't fit). Trust me, things are about to get weird for her.

Post Merge: October 02, 2016, 06:12:18 PM
Made a slight change to the rules: everyone is romanceable now, including our lovely Sucre! But she definitely has secrets which might hinder a relationship. Let's see how things work out.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:12:18 PM by FinalPam, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
testimonials:

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 06:17:19 PM »
Oh cool, believe it not I have done this for Pathfinder game in order to create characters. Its a points system where based on your characters destiny cards, will determine where you allocate points to certain stats. It even helps create an epic story for your characters back story as well, giving more reason to why your character is built the way they are built then just you just picking and choosing or rolling random dice.

So in other words I like this idea, just tell what each card means in the actual rp.

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »
Absolutely! Speaking of Pathfinder, I love tabletop RPGs. I've played boatloads of Dungeons and Dragons, mostly 4th edition though I've pretty much figured out 5th. Assigning stats to tarot cards definitely sounds interesting! It reminds me a bit of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion's class choice, with choosing constellations to be born under.

Post Merge: October 02, 2016, 10:49:11 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to ask what timezones you two are in for convenience of replying. I'm in EST but I have school during the week; I can do very brief responses in the mornings (6AM-ish) and can reply pretty consistently through afternoons (after 3PM). My time frame is also limited on Wednesdays+Thursdays (leaving early on Wednesdays and getting home late on Thursdays).

Post Merge: October 03, 2016, 12:20:24 AM
Hey guys, this next part is mainly gonna be between you two.

I'll continue to read updates, but I won't post until you guys see Sucre again (or you bring her in, or maybe mention another character). I'm leaving some leeway, so feel free to bring in other characters (e.g, 'hey look who's that over there?' and then I roleplay the person over there). Though do make sure the characters are important to the plot!

Thanks for helping me tell a cool story!  :*
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:20:24 AM by FinalPam, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
testimonials:

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 05:19:56 PM »
OK so we can add characters?