The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Galactic Society (Open/Lounge RP, but READ FIRST POST)  (Read 256870 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Galactic Society (Open/Lounge RP, but READ FIRST POST)
« Reply #4545 on: September 24, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
{{{ EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY }}}

Everyone in this RP is advised to refer to the first page of the RP. Available planets list has been moved to a google doc. Let me know if you are having trouble accessing it. Also, if anyone has further planets they want added, or do not see their planet listed in the doc, let me know via PM.

{{{ END ANNOUNCEMENT }}}

*** Peragus III Mining Facility Approach, Peragus III Asteroid Field ***

Praven frowned on hearing the numbers. There was a long pause before he replied, "No specific meaning to me, but I'd imagine it's a code for something. A door, perhaps? Or a turbolift? Got me."

*** Outpost Knightmare ***

"Not gonna object," Jacqueline said. "There's more than enough tech to go around, so go nuts." She downed a bite of pie.

*** Kaidon's Office, Sangheilios ***

"Indeed, I thought you might ask, so I had one selected," Thel responded, bringing up a holographic image. "This world... were calling it New Skrilex. It has all the environments our troops would need to train to operate in - desert, forest, jungle, you name it. And it's close to Sangheilios. This could also be where you train your next generation of Spartans, the V generation. If we train the Spartans and Centurions together, it should produce the bond between the two groups that is needed for them to operate."

*** Korriban ***

Fayam would find a group of Imperial troops standing between him and his ship, and the orange Arcanine on his six.

*** Imperium Bunker, Dragon'taan ***

"So it seems," Roc replied. "These hostiles... what do you know of them?"

*** Indari Manor, Dragon'taan ***

"You stay here with the kids - I'm gonna go see what just happened," Kyle said, finishing straightening out his uniform and heading out.

*** New Romulus ***

The officer guided Anna through the bowels of the hidden outpost. He stopped at one particular room, where a massive, green-glowing device sat. "And there it is - one wide-dispersal Thalaron bomb. We're still getting the triggers for it, but once we have it, transporters will beam that to the Romulan Republic's home base, and boom - end. Of. Rebels. There is only room in this galaxy for One Romulan Empire, after all."

*** Carnival Grounds, Earth ***

Amy and Jason both led Mary to the eatery and sat down at the bar counter. Amy ordered a cola, Jason a ginger ale.

*** Cairo, Earth ***

Crowley led Michen to a waiting transport, the turned to Michen. "Alright, this transport is bound for Dragon'taan. Your ticket has already been paid for by ONI; Remember, you're looking for a Jedi named Mathayus Indari, or Darth Faasnu. He answers to either one. If he's not at the Dragon'taan Jedi Temple, head for Indari Manor. It's east of the capitol city. Now, get on board before MJ12 sees you... and good luck."

*** Nephira, Kingdom of Ceol, Home of Hysteria ***

One of the Klingon Empire's premier captains in the KDF - Brigadier Kault - is on approach. Says he tracked an unidentified communication signal to this area. He may be able to ascertain where exactly those Torg ships went," Silrus said. "And we also received word that a Starfleet Vessel is on approach, representing the United Federation of Planets. Did you guys send out an open comm signal recently?"

*** Mongdrigo, Near the Cave ***

"Very well; call support if you need it - Ahsoka, you might want to come with me. I'm gonna see what's in this cave," Malgus said, starting for the cave entrance.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #4546 on: September 24, 2018, 11:37:08 PM »
**Sangheilios Orbit**

The Unseen avenger dropped out of slipspace in orbit of Sangheilios,  one of the Sangheili walking into the mess hall to inform the Shipmaster soon came to his side. "Right signal the planet." He said to him.... the ship soon sent a hail to the planet hoping that they could now reconnect with their bretheren.

"That's sufficent." The two replied.

*** Korriban ***

Faya, would also soon find the yellow Arcanine and a silver vixen heavily armored behind him.

"Nothing." Alex replied, looking around for a door that lead deeper into the bunker.

"Don't need to tell me twice." Amie replied already playing with Shiloh.

Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #4547 on: September 25, 2018, 12:09:31 AM »
*Mongdrigo, Near the Cave*

The cave was immaculate, absolutely no tiberium growth within it's confines. There were, however, large crystals protruding from the rocky walls. They would appear familiar to both Malgus and Ahsoka, as they used similar crystals in the construction of their lightsabers. Furthermore, the cave resonated with the Force. It was the only place like it on Mongdrigo. The Force-users would feel empowered, far beyond their normal limits, like a planet's worth of the Force was focused into this one area.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4548 on: September 25, 2018, 02:46:47 AM »
{{{ EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY }}}

The world of Odessen, home planet of the Eternal Alliance under Supreme Commander Luro 'Mantakar, is now available. Consult the Google Doc for details.

{{{ END ANNOUNCEMENT }}}

*** Mongdrigo, Force Cave ***

Malgus and Ahsoka both took in the enormity of the cave, and it's heavy Force presence. "Incredible..." Ahsoka said.

"This place... it could be a perfect Forge to send initiates who complete their training," Malgus stated. He grabbed his comlink. "Zadok... get a line to my ship. Get my Force adepts down here. And after that, get in here. You'll want to see this." He approached one of the crystal formations, using the Force to loose a piece, holding it in his hand. It glowed with a red glow, but not the usual bright shade that typical Sith blades had. This was an Imperial Crimson. Malgus briefly attuned the crystal, then used the Force to telekinetically disassemble his lightsaber, remove the synthetic crystal in his lightsaber, replacing it with this new crystal. After re-assembling his weapon, he hit the activation, and the darker, Imperial Crimson color became the blade, and Malgus could feel his connection to the Force heighten. "Remarkable..." he muttered.

*** Sangheilios Orbit ***

The Unseen Avenger would be almost immediately hailed by one of Sangheilios' orbiting ships. "Unidentified craft, please identify yourself," commanded a Sangheili voice.

"Then it's settled, then. I will dispatch the ships and volunteers to New Skrilex, and we will set to work. I would advise sending your own personnel there as soon as you're able; the sooner we get the facilities set up, the sooner we can begin training our soldiers in earnest," Thel suggested.

Roc kept his weapon leveled, ready to fire at a moment's notice as he followed Alex.

"Be careful, dad," Drake told his father. Kyle smiled and winked.

"Aren't I always?" he rhetorically asked as he went out the door. Anna walked into the foyer from Kira's room, dressed in her disheveled uniform.

"I was afraid he'd say that..." she sighed. She paused, then cursed under her breath. "Drake, watch over your sister - Kyle, wait up!!!" and chased after Kyle.

The Scottish accent of the aged dragon of the family, Draco Indari, chuckled, "Where one goes, the other often follows." Jason looked up at the dragon. "Grandpa!!!" he greeted him.

Drake nodded his head sarcastically as he went and closed the door. "Nice timing, Grandad."

*** Odessen ***

Luro sat meditating in his chambers, deep inside the base of the Eternal Alliance. He had since upgraded his ship, now commanding - despite his reservations - a heavily-modified and up-scaled Wrath-class Dreadnought that sat in orbit. His XO - the former-Prince of the Eternal Empire, Arcann - saw to the day-to-day operations of the Eternal Alliance while Luro had some time off to recuperate. Even so, he sensed a disturbance in the Force; it was subtle. Luro almost didn't feel it. And he wondered if Arcann had felt it.

As it happened, he did, but Arcann was too busy to meditate on it. Being XO was a very demanding position, but Arcann gladly shouldered the burden for his Sangheili companion and superior officer; his way of atoning for his past crimes, and that of his family's. An older woman clad in ornate white armor walked onto the bridge. Senya. "There has been a disturbance in the Force," she said.

"I have felt it," Arcann admitted.

Before either of them could continue, a lone ship dropped out of Warp. The both of them could only sense one person aboard, amidst multiple oscillations of energy they assumed to be droids. The ship sent out an open hail:

"This is Captain Mesmerin Argent of the starship Argent Dawn... Requesting permission to resupply and refuel my ship here."

The emerald-colored anthro-dragon with the steel-gray eyes sat back in the captain's chair of his vessel. It was a little beat-up, but it was home. He waited for the response.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #4549 on: September 25, 2018, 04:24:19 AM »
*Mongdrigo, The Cave*
Suddenly, Malgus’s saber flared. Arcs of red lightning traced their way up the blade from the blazing energy discharge. The blade gave off a louder hum, indicating an extreme increase in power.

A mechanical groan sounded over the thrumming, as something moved. A large orange droid bearing the mark of the Techno Union unsteadily thudded towards the intruders. Ahsoka would recognize it as a crab droid.
The droid loosed a piddly burst of blaster fire, though the shots were extremely underpowered. The optic lights on the droid flickered, indicating some sort of power failure.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #4550 on: September 25, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
~ Earth, Cairo ~

Michen looked at Crowley, with a... strange look on his face. "Wait. A jedi? Have I landed in the Star Wars universe or something? What the heck is going on?" If the feral wouldn't know any better, they'd say the situation would get weirder each minute. Of course he DID know better, so they just said it in his head. Of course, everyone who knew Michen a little bit would be able to tell he did so by simply looking at him.

Offline Damien/Katin Hysteria

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Katin: Grey fur, black hair, Purple eyes. Damien: White fur and hair, yellow eyes
  • Height: Both brothers are 5’8
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: Lean, and toned. Not bulding muscles but very healthy and strong.
  • Currently: Healthy and pretty good!
« Reply #4551 on: September 26, 2018, 06:13:28 AM »

“Wait, a United Federation? We’ve sent no open communications outward. The operation you found us in was the first tested flight past our atmosphere. We hadn’t planned on looking for communications until we had finished our first starfleet to set for long journeys.” Katin said with a bit of caution in his voice.

“Wait, if we didn’t send out any outbound communications then why are they here?” Damien asked as he walked over to a window to look up at the sky.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #4552 on: September 26, 2018, 10:21:15 AM »
*Korriban*
Fayam hissed. "Sheets." This was trouble. Shooting the soldiers would be madness. He hoped the tomb would collapse either way, but if anyone could identify him this would be over. He eyed the Arcanine. There was still a chance. He whispered to her: "Hey. We can't let them report this. We have to take them out together. You with me?"

*New Romulus*
Anna invisibly raised an eyebrow. So this was the bomb. She realised setting it off was the worst possible option. It would kill them and halt their plan, sure, but it'd kill her too despite her full armour. Maybe if she could get a trigger first somehow... Or she could just go with the option to kill everyone involved. The latter would be riskier, though. For clarity, she asked: "Just to give me an idea... How powerful is this thing? Comparable to nuclear weapons?"

Meanwhile, Koman asked Zealo, "What is that guy doing here?" "He's looking for a place for his crew, and our new ship fits that bill nicely. You can expect him to bring a large amount of our new crew. Speaking of crew, where's Johnny?" "Oh, Johnny? He went out of town to cruise in his cycle. He told me he'll 'see when he returns', a.k.a. he doesn't know. Anna hasn't been back yet from her mission?" "Nope. Missions are commonly not in the span of two hours, mind. Anyway, why'd you not get aquainted with Temer? He'll fill our ship, after all."

*Earth*
Mary went for a simple orange juice and looked at Amy and Jason. She asked, "I wonder. What actually brought you to become Jedi?"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4553 on: September 28, 2018, 04:13:42 PM »

"Brothers do you not remember us?" Kyva asked "This is the Unseen Avenger we have returned home!"

*Korriban*
"And what about us?" The Yellow Arcanine asked, motioning her head to her silver vixen friend.

"Agreed" Boht UNSC  repsentative and Kiri replied walking out of hte office as they prepare things.

**Dragon'taan, Imperium Bunker. "I'm stil; reading low levels of radiation in here." Alex noted "as if there are more nuclear devises here it's not your standard radiation."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4554 on: September 28, 2018, 07:28:30 PM »

"Sounds like they have more long-term plans," Roc commented. A soft clatter caused him to shift his aim to whatever was the source of the disturbance.

"The Unseen Avenger?" the Orbital Traffic Controller commented. There was a pause before she continued, "The Unseen Avenger was reported MIA over twenty years ago! Stand by..."

And, likewise, Thel started sending off orders from his computer. The project resources and ships began to mobilize.

*** Korriban ***

Rhea didn't immediately answer Fayam, but leapt into the Imperials' midst and began a vicious assault. Several of the Stormtroopers ran from her, straight for Fayam.

*** New Romulus ***

The Tal Shiar officer scoffed. "Worse. Thalaron Bombs like this can wipe out entire colonies like what the Republic has up topside, with none of the structural damage a Nuke would cause. Perfect for eliminating people to occupy their base." The officer frowned slightly. "Are you not familiar with Thalaron Radiation? It's quite infamous, you know. Banned in the Federation and the Klingon Empire."

*** Carnival Grounds, Earth ***

"You sure you want to hear that tale? It's a long story," Amy told Mary.

*** Cairo, Earth ***

"No time to explain, pal - get going," Crowley told Michen. He then turned and left, vanishing in the crowd.

"Last boarding call, UNSC Express to Dragon'taan; Last boarding call," came an announcement in the loudspeakers.

"I wish I knew," Silrus replied. "I'll wager things will become clearer when our friends from the KDF and Starfleet arrive."

As though on cue, the first ship to arrive was a Negh'Tev-class Heavy Battlecruiser. It sent out an open hail:

"This is Brigadier Kault of the IKV Wayward Prince - we received word that the House of Torg had been operating in this area. If anyone, local or allied, can hear me on this channel, please acknowledge this transmission."

*** The Cave, Mongdrigo ***

Malgus would simply reach out with the Force in an attempt to crush the droid into a ball of metal and wiring.

"What are those things doing here...?" Ahsoka mused.

*** Odessen Orbit ***

"Attention, Captain Argent - you have been cleared for docking. Starship crews will refuel your ship, and you may purchase your supplies at the Trade Sector down planetside. Welcome to Odessen," came the response Mesmerin was waiting for.

"Helm, move us to dock on the station," Mesmerin commanded his droid helmsman. The droid acknowledged, and the Argent Dawn began moving again.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #4555 on: September 28, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
~ Earth, Cairo ~

Michen rolled his eyes. Now that was useful! The badge he was carrying dropped during the conversation with Crowley, so he'd have to pick that up first. The feral lied down and used both front paws to get it back in his mouth as quick as he could. Surprisingly it only took a few seconds to do this. It's amazing what you can achieve when you're in panic mode, though it can sometimes also be a bother. As he had the badge again, he quickly stood up again and rushed on board of the shuttle.

Inside, Michen looked around. Okay, now what? The snow leopard had never been in outer space before! Well, you couldn't blame him for that. How was he supposed to take a seat? Jump on a chair and hope for the best? It all reminded him of something that was similar, yet different, very long ago. It looked the most like a train, except it didn't FEEL like a train. This situation felt... strange in it's entirety, and somewhat alarming as this thing was supposed to bring him to safety. How much time had he spent hibernating, again?

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #4556 on: September 29, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »
*Korriban*
Fayam quickly drew his gun and shot the troopers coming at him. In the mess, he souted, "I'll need you two as well. Make sure none of these troopers are left standing- and make sure nobody will ever lay their hands on whatever is in that tomb, if it's not already collapsed."

*New Romulus*
Anna said truthfully, "To be fair, this is my first encouter with Thalaron weaponry. Though, if I hear you speaking, Thalaron radiation is far worse than nuclear radiation. If any government officials find out about this, they're really gonna hate it, I'm sure." She tried working out a plan. If it really was that powerful, it might- rather, it was likely to- do collateral damage to the surrounding area if she detonated it in here.

Koman inspected Temer from top to bottom. Eventually, he mumbled, "Well, if Anna wants crew..." He sat down next to him and started a conversation. Zealo left to get a bite. "Was it you and your crew Zealo challenged at the shooting range?"

*Earth*
Mary shrugged. "I'm not in a hurry or something," she said as a hint.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #4557 on: September 30, 2018, 12:46:06 PM »
*The Cave, Mongdrigo*
A horrible metallic groan filled the cave, as Malgus easily crushed the crab droid.

Behind the wrecked droid sat a lone skeleton. It’s tattered garb and off-white color indicated that it had been there for quite some time. A data pad sat propped against a nearby rock, looking a little worse for wear. It showed no signs of power, but was not in any way broken.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4558 on: September 30, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »
*Korriban*
Fayam quickly drew his gun and shot the troopers coming at him. In the mess, he souted, "I'll need you two as well. Make sure none of these troopers are left standing- and make sure nobody will ever lay their hands on whatever is in that tomb, if it's not already collapsed."

*New Romulus*
Anna said truthfully, "To be fair, this is my first encouter with Thalaron weaponry. Though, if I hear you speaking, Thalaron radiation is far worse than nuclear radiation. If any government officials find out about this, they're really gonna hate it, I'm sure." She tried working out a plan. If it really was that powerful, it might- rather, it was likely to- do collateral damage to the surrounding area if she detonated it in here.

Koman inspected Temer from top to bottom. Eventually, he mumbled, "Well, if Anna wants crew..." He sat down next to him and started a conversation. Zealo left to get a bite. "Was it you and your crew Zealo challenged at the shooting range?"

*Earth*
Mary shrugged. "I'm not in a hurry or something," she said as a hint.

*Korriban*
"Yeah about that," the silver vixen, name Nari began "I was looking for sith relics specicially holocrons in there..." She pointed out shooting a trooper.

** Imperium Bunker, Dragon'taan ***
"Indeed." Alex replied also turning to the sound, it was just a unusually large rat, probably mutated by the radiation. "That's not good."

**Sangheilios, Unseen Avenger***

"Brothers we have returned, perhaps you can arrange a meeting with someone to catch us up on lost times?"

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
« Reply #4559 on: October 01, 2018, 01:46:39 AM »
*** Peragus III Mining Station ***

Weaver frowned, "I'm sure we'll figure it out. Hopefully anyway." He opened the door to his ship and stepped outside. Hopefully the power was still on, but just in case, he had a flashlight with him as well. He look around, searching for a way further into the facility.

*** Outpost Knightmare ***

"Correct me if I'm wrong," Dusk began, "but did you mention you had some kind of plan to find one of these Heralds?"