The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: !!Help!!  (Read 694 times)

Offline Zalk

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
!!Help!!
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:06:52 PM »
I kinda... um... Have a little trouble here.
So I have been wanting to make a fursuit (of a green MLG fox) But I have a problem!
My mom will not let me...
I don't have a phone. I have a little cash. I know how to make a fursuit. I am an artist. I have no idea how to convince my mother to get me one!
She tell's me, "I watched an episode of CSI (A crime show) That had those in it and they are creepy!"
And I still have 5 year's to stay here before I can legally move out[size=78%]![/size]
If anyone can tell me a way to convince her to let me make one, please comment[/size][size=78%]!!![/size]
[/size][size=78%]( And in case you  didn't know, I am NOT a pervert, fursuits just look really, really cool. )[/size]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:49:22 AM by Nick Sintari, Reason: Please do not make post titles in all capital letters. »

Offline Rainbowbulldog

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear
  • Coloring: Brown fur with darker arms and legs
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 220 lbs
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Thinking about food
Re: !!HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:32:28 PM »
Ugh from what I've heard about that csi episode it was completely full of fur bashing junk. The only thing I could think of is try to show her that furries aren't all creepy. I don't know if that helps :c
This would have been better if there was punch and pie

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 12:52:27 AM »
Sorry to say, but from the sound of it, you might be too young for a suit to begin with. There's no point in spending such a massive amount of money on something that won't fit after a few years.

I'd wait until you can get yourself situated and pay for it yourself. Your height and build would probably stay as they were at that point as well. There aren't many points where you'd be allowed to wear the thing at the moment either, so that would be another reason to wait.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:43:24 AM by HollowOfHaze »
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Zalk

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 04:46:02 AM »
Ugh from what I've heard about that csi episode it was completely full of fur bashing junk. The only thing I could think of is try to show her that furries aren't all creepy. I don't know if that helps :c
Thank you for the reply! I haven't really thought about that yet... So that sounds good...

Offline Deucey

• Vibrating Furby
  • The Wolf Rapper
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 120 lbs.
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Relaxed
Re: !!Help!!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 07:32:28 AM »
I understand your frustration.
If I was in the same situation I'd be pretty upset too.
It's not the fact that she won't buy you a fursuit but rather the reasoning behind it.
Just know I'm here to provide an insight for you as best I can.

As HollowOfHaze suggested, you might want to think about investing in a fursuit further down the road.
It's a sad truth to hear, especially while you are so excited to get a fursuit, but always ask those who've gone before you.
In other words, there are many reasons why people may suggest certain things to you and it's usually because they have learned from experience themselves. I'm sure you're aware that suits are expensive but at an early age they can be even more "costly" because you'd eventually grow out of one and have to pay for a new one all over again!

Ugh, I hate that fact, but it's true. So you're going to have to bite your tongue for now..
But I say you may be able to look into alternatives! I mean yeah, you can't afford a fursuit now but.. what about cheaper methods of expressing your furry side? I've got a nice white wolf tail that I occasionally walk around with. I hook it to my back belt loop and it sways around seamlessly! You wouldn't believe the amount of compliments I've received for wearing the thing around town, seriously!

How about ears even? they're adorable and I'm sure you can find some online. Google is your friend!

So all of that is entirely up to you but now I want to speak to you about the concern your Mother has for the Furry fandom.

She has every right to be worried. I  cannot condone what certain TV shows portray us as but you must keep in mind that it's a parent/guardian's duty to protect their kids. Sometimes a parent's reasoning behind their actions seems a bit unnecessary but through experience I've learned that they are trying their best. So try and not get upset at her for not understanding what you're into but give it time, she eventually will. I know it took me a couple years to convince my family that being a furry is not what they thought it was.
I did research, I showed them videos and even had to explain in my own words what being a "Furry" is all about.

So in conclusion, have some patience and look into alternative ways you can exercise your furry side.
And maybe show her some videos explaining what furrys are. Sometimes it takes a third party opinion to sway someone's outlook.

Cheers
"Whatever you are, be a good one."

Offline Zalk

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 07:03:39 PM »
Sorry to say, but from the sound of it, you might be too young for a suit to begin with. There's no point in spending such a massive amount of money on something that won't fit after a few years.

I'd wait until you can get yourself situated and pay for it yourself. Your height and build would probably stay as they were at that point as well. There aren't many points where you'd be allowed to wear the thing at the moment either, so that would be another reason to wait.

Yeah, you do have a good point there.  :/

Offline Stripey

• Avid Aardvark
  • Short Stuff
    • Fur Affinity
    • FA!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec
  • Coloring: Stripey
  • Height: 4'
  • Weight: Out of it.
  • Build: Small
Re: !!Help!!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 08:46:09 AM »
Get a Kigarumi, they're like you skinned your furry and slapped em on. You can get it baggy too and pass it off as PJs.
  • Signature art by: Coffesheizen