The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tired of a majority of the people around me  (Read 439 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Tired of a majority of the people around me
« on: January 31, 2016, 02:37:01 AM »
I don't know how else to say it. I'm tired of my parents, and my best friends. It's not like I've been particularly stressed out, which is usually the cause of me getting tired of my friends and family. It is true that my best friends are annoying. One friend can't stop ranting about how he can't get a gf, and how everyone else doesn't deserve them, and also how awesome he is, regardless of how many times we kind of prove him wrong... My other friend can't stop talking about games, and how amazing his computer is gong to be once he gets it.
 My parents are just pure annoying. My mother has her 'weird' problems. My father, is the type of person that doesn't care about if you're focused, and he just crams straight into someones train of thought. It's not to bad if he didn't do it often, and he does it because he wants to speak about something important. But he's the type that relays information he reads on the internet at the moment to a person.
 I'm not tired of other people though. Like teachers, minor friends (As in friends that aren't quite best friends but just friends.) I just feel like I need time to my self but I never get it. I hate to say it since I want to draw away from the introverted life style, but, I'm starting to enjoy being home, alone. Or just going out at night, alone. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get better control of how I act if I'm annoyed. But, sometimes I feel like I have completely different personality and it gets out of hand when I do.
 I don't know what to do, my parents don't like me spending time out alone for hours. And if I did, there's no where to go, and its cold.
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
Re: Tired of a majority of the people around me
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 03:00:05 AM »
As an introvert I can understand.
wired as right now

Offline Winnona

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Utahraptor.
  • Coloring: Brown with burgundy feathers. Pink and blue eyes.
  • Height: About 6 feet.
  • Build: Sturdy and curvy.
  • Currently: Loitering about.
Re: Tired of a majority of the people around me
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 07:41:05 PM »
I can understand the tiring of everything, since it happens to me occasionally. What I try to do is to find something outside my normal routine to do. Try to find something new to experience, for example:

-find a new TV show to watch

-go to Youtube and look up songs from a genre you never thought you'd like, or never heard of

-Try connecting more with your minor friends, if you can

-Go hang out in a library for a bit if there's one close enough; it's quiet and people likely won't bother you, unless they've met you elsewhere.

-Take up a new hobby, like writing or crafting. You could make some furry ears, or buy some beads and make a bracelet or necklace.

Or, if you want to try a more permenant solution, try talking to your friends and parents about how you feel about all this. Approach them when they're not busy, ask them if they have some time to talk, and tell them you want to have a serious conversation. Try to talk calmly, even if you're irritated, and try to phrase things less like accusations and more like, "When you do (whatever it is they're doing), I feel... (however you feel about it)".

Even if nothing changes, at least you've said something, and communication is the most valuable thing in any relationships. I know it sounds like a lot of self-help malarky, but I speak from experience, and, usually, it helps.
  • Avatar by: Myself. (That white thing's supposed to be a fur coat.)
"Ibis redibis nunquam per bella peribis." In other words, proper punctuation is important.

Click, please, if you have a moment?

Offline Stripey

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Short Stuff
    • Fur Affinity
    • FA!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec
  • Coloring: Stripey
  • Height: 4'
  • Weight: Out of it.