The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: self harm vs. promises  (Read 371 times)

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Work Until Your Idols Become Your Rivals
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
  • Height: about 5 feet
  • Weight: 106.9
  • Build: thin, female build
  • Currently: meh
self harm vs. promises
« on: January 25, 2016, 10:48:12 PM »
OK, so my friend got a new boyfriend a week ago. And at first, he was nice, but then he started getting on my nerves and on another friends nerves as well. My other friend told me this and made me promise not to say how we disliked her boyfriend. So he was ticking me off today during lunch and I snapped, I yelled at him (to no prevail). My friend and I got into an argument over why I yelled at her bf, during the argument I accidentally said I promised I wouldn't say the reason I did so. She caught that and is now forcing me to tell. I keep my secrets at heart, but now my friend is threatening to cut unless I tell the secret to her. Which is more important or how can I get around this?
  • Avatar by: lineart by Rits-Blitz
"we do have a lot in common.
The same earth, the same air, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
self harm vs. promises
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:37:59 PM »
That's not a true friend, and not worth your time... If she's cutting herself that's on her, your not hurting her. If she's acting like that and chooses a boy over you, I highly suggest you Move on and hang out with different people.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:44:03 PM by Zaida »

Offline Eesha

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Expect me to go dead silent soon. For some reason.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Goose (because Dax said I was one, so why not ?)
  • Currently: Back from the realm of the dead (again)
Re: self harm vs. promises
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:44:05 PM »
I must say that I agree with Zaida
That's all  :|
  • Avatar by: Google image (thank you)

^ Yeah, not really ^

"You and me are a lot alike, I enjoy blowing stuff up, you enjoy standing around with a thumb up your ***"
Emile, Halo : Reach

Furries are the kindest people I've ever met

Reminder for Ulvus : Don't forget to snuggle me a bunch :D

Offline Nazieri

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lemur/Elk/Fox
  • Coloring: Black, Turquoise, Lime/Shamrock green, blue violet and sand brown
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: slight muscle build
  • Currently: Calm
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 09:41:31 AM »
It's really hard to hear someone threatening to do something so personal not only to themselves, but to those around them, people who it would effect deeply. I can't say that she would or she wouldn't. I don't know her, I don't know what she's like or if she has or hasn't made threats like this in the past. With that being said, it's safe to say do as you feel you should. Do not give in, just because she's threatening you. This sounds more like a threat that has been made because she's losing control of a situation that she wanted to go her way. If you do not want to tell her, you do not have to tell her anything, she is not your boss.

If she does end up hurting herself, do not cave into that. Some people with control issues have the nerve to take it to the next level and sometimes it's just best to move away from a situation like that. It may be hard to cut ties with her but there's no sense in keeping someone so toxic as to threaten self harm in your life. Like the others said, she really doesn't seem like a friend at all.
I like cold spaghetti

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Work Until Your Idols Become Your Rivals
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
  • Height: about 5 feet
  • Weight: 106.9
  • Build: thin, female build
  • Currently: meh
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:52:26 PM »
Thx guys. She already said that, since I'm keeping the promise, she doesn't wanna be my friend anymore and that I'm ungrateful. Didn't say anything back to avoid a pointless fight. Thanks again!
  • Avatar by: lineart by Rits-Blitz
"we do have a lot in common.
The same earth, the same air, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline Yena the Wolf

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Is this a face of mercy to you? *cute eyes*
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Nicely desaturated red bangs, silver fur with black stripes on tail and legs. When in super mode, her fur turns golden, and the black bits turn turquoise.
  • Height: 5.8"
  • Weight: 90 pounds. She is very lightweight.
  • Build: Curvy, yet muscly. Anthro.
  • Currently: I'M THE SHURF OF THIS TOWN!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »
Ungrateful? Wow. Yeah. Just wow. She doesn't deserve your friendship. She's just low. Rude little snot..
  • Signature art by: None. XD
I come on this forum when I want. It's my forum profile. Nobody on here will stop me from venting, asking questions, etc.  And if y'all are gonna be jerks just because I'm trying to get my point across, leave me alone! Think before you type! Think on the other side of the conversation! How would you feel if you were getting yelled at because you are first world venting about your life, huh? I know y'all are trying to help, but- OH LAWDIE THAT'S A LOT OF WORDS.

Offline Deucey

• Vibrating Furby
  • The Wolf Rapper
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 120 lbs.
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Relaxed
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 08:12:18 AM »
People are crazy and we all have our own issues.
It's just whether or not we're willing to try and help others with their issues that bind friendships together. It's true.
She's threatening to cut herself because she's either being an idiot or she's unstable. I must say we're all idiots from time to time and some of us crack easier than others, causing us to make stupid decisions like cutting ourselves.
Either the case, it does not matter.
What matters is if you feel it's necessary to put effort towards repairing your relationship with your friend and her issues or not.

Imagine if you were her.
Let's say you got a boyfriend and she yelled at him. Just picture your own friend yelling at your beloved boyfriend and when you ask why, your friend tells you she promised not to tell you.
So now you're conflicted between someone you love and someone you admire as a friend wondering why they can't get along.
I'm sure you'd be pretty desperate to find out exactly why there is a problem between them, and I'm sure she is feeling that way now.
With no other option to convince you to fess up, she's playing her last card.

Will she cut herself? Probably not.
But the fact that she even told you she would, should give you a good idea of how desperate she is for answers.

The fact that she now knows you are keeping a secret is reason enough for you to tell her what is going on.
It's fine to keep secrets, but telling someone you're keeping one from them is torture.
Naturally she is trying to figure out what those secrets are and unfortunately she's probably assuming the worst.
Which again, is why she's so desperate.

So don't let a "secret opinion" be the reason you end ANY relationship with anyone, ever.
You've already spilled the beans, so it's time to confess. It's only right.

Maybe she's not being the best of friends by threatening you with self harm.
But perhaps YOU can be a better friend than her by telling her what's really going on.
And if she doesn't accept what you have to say about her boyfriend, then so be it.
At least you'd end the friendship knowing you did the best you could to help her out, as her friend.
"Whatever you are, be a good one."