The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Exploration: Vatamos.  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Exploration: Vatamos.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 02:10:25 AM »
 Keeping his gun on one target was easy enough, but now there were potentially two. “An' I'm sick of his attitude, so that makes us even.” Syd replied to the lion, still side eying the bear. It would take a lot for the canine to simply drop the bone he was gnawing on, especially with how the bear treated the vixen. He'd been there before – men were wicked creatures. His gun remained on the ursidae, even when the lion revealed winked and showed his gun. “An' what're you the judge? I'm many things, but a fool I'm not.” He stepped down from his bar stool and gestured with his gun. “After you, lad.” There was no way he was taking chances, even with the lion's little display – after all, he'd also supplied the bear with the gun. With that, he would tail the back of the two outside, if only to get on with his night.

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 06:42:02 AM »
A young albino lion carefully wove between the obscene number of book stacks that stood between him and his target. The sheets of parchment he carried softly fluttered thanks to the sheer speed at which he moved, the only thing keeping them in one piece being the magic they had been imbued with many years ago. Personally he would have preferred they had been hardbound, making it far easier to ferry such a large volume about, but the various mages that made use of this library had strongly contested such an idea.

He rolled his eyes at that thought. To this day he still could not understand why they had decided it would be easier on everyone to make it harder on the librarians. Perhaps they had a sense of humor he simply could not appreciate, though he sincerely doubted that was the case. Scoffing, he finally rounded the last case and approached the synthetic seated at the table swiftly. With little ceremony or thought, he dumped the documents down beside the creature and used one of the books they were not looking at yet as a paper weight.

"Anything else?"

Arias glanced to the lion when he spoke, his claw stopping at the end of a sentence he had been reading. If the paper had not been given such protections when this place was first built, it was likely his talon would have pierced straight through it. "No." His eyelids drooped ever so slightly and his mouth pulled into a thin line, carefully considering the kid. "Thank you for your patience and effort in retrieving these for me."

Taken aback, the librarian blinked once before he understood what had been said. Bowing his head, he smiled ever so slightly. "You're, ah, quite welcome." Then he was off once more, back a little straighter and shoulders squared. Someone was quite pleased with themselves.

Turning his attention back to the documents at hand, Arias could not help the little grin that danced across his lips. That fellow likely thought Arias was showing him an inkling of gratitude and even kindness, something few mages that frequented this library would even think to do. The truth was far different from that perceived reality, but he was not one to say otherwise; especially if it happened to put him into their good graces. After all, he needed everything he could get after his proposals blew up in his face.

"They have chosen wealth over understanding," he murmured and resumed reading. Of course, he was never going to give them a chance to change their stance on alternative theories. He had every intent to leave Circle City behind and research the possibilities he had uncovered out in the field instead, resuming his exploration of the world and what had changed since he first circled the planet.
Shadow walked into the librairy. The talk black foxs eyes glowed red as he approched the synthetic. He laid a scroll on the table. He wore a long trailing black cloak and a skull mask. People in the valley called him the "high land reaper." he was The fanged kings right paw. "The king hopes that you use it well. And apologizes for the delay. He hopes he can call his debt settled." his voice was like sandpaper over broken glass. And a chill seemed to roll through the library.

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 06:53:17 AM »
"Vosur Aekira, and I've climbed and lived in high-altitude areas where even most dirigibles can't go, so you don't really die from the lack of air, you just pass out. You would die from the fall caused by passing out in the wrong place, so thanks for the warning." he spoke in correction while shaking Bolt's hand in return. "Also, I've had food for a week for the entire crew loaded on but if I don't find a good location at Dock Port within the first two days, we'll be heading to Circle City next. My business location and my equipment sold will more than easily cover for both trips if absolutely necessary."
"Good. Well the crew is just me and Nut. Well....there is shelia. One moment. OI!SHELIA COME INTRODUCE YOUR SELF YOU LAZY WOLF!" he paused for a moment. "OH BLOW IT OUT YOUR ARSE YEH SCALY OAF FOR I FIX YEH WITH A RIGHT WRENCH UP YAH ARSE!" came an angry reply. Bolt shrugged with a chuckle. "Best mechanic in the open skys and knows how to use a steam sword and a tesla shotgun to great effect. But. Oh whoa is me that sailor mouth shes got." He looked around the cabin. "Well best go get settled in.  Nut. Show him his bunk. Itll be the last one on the right. Im going to go check with sheila and get us under way." he said as Nut nodded and stood beckoning the wolf to follow. "Sheilas alright by the way. She may seem mean but shes a real nice fox i promise." she said softly. As she placed her hands on the walls and took him down the hall past the mess and showers and a few bunk rooms before stopping and feeling the label on the door. "Ah..here..here we are." she stuttered slightly.

Offline Eden-H

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Android
  • Coloring: White, black
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Uplifted
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 07:29:12 AM »
Swiftly scanning through the last few paragraphs, Arias set the document aside with a low snarl and retrieved one of the many pages the librarian had retrieved for him earlier. While he suspected these would only work to provide him with the same information he had gathered a dozen times over, it was better to exhaust every possible avenue of research by comparison to dallying with idle thoughts. Or idle mages for that matter, a number of whom never ceased to infuriate him when they espoused the same systems that had been put into place for years beyond measure. It made him wonder if they even desired to explore the wealth of open ground that lay before them, eagerly awaiting even a single curious mind.

Letting out an exhausted sigh, he was about ready to rest his face on the table or attempt to tear apart the magical parchments when a mysterious figure sidled up next to him. With a hand extended, they set a scroll he had never seen before near his ever-growing pile. Just as this action was taken, a chill that would have bitten to an organics bone rolled through; yet it was powerful enough to even make Arias briefly shudder. Turning his gaze away from the table, he eyed the new figure.

Atramentous was the only word he could think to describe the incredible darkness that seemed to compose his fur. Looking up, white, black-circuited eyes met glowing crimson that bore an indescribable depth. While most would have found this new man sinister to the degree of immediately fleeing in the opposite direction, Arias learned long ago to never turn down help; regardless of the rather unusual package it may come in. Chipped tongue flicking at the air, he carefully retrieved the scroll, but did not yet read its contents as the fox finally spoke.

"The king." Arias cocked his head ever so slightly. He had met a good number that proclaimed themselves the royalty of various lands, but he did not recall a single instance where he had performed an action worthy of procuring such a debt. Let alone from a figure who obviously wielded great power if they were able to employ a creature such as this. Then again, there was an entity he often heard mentioned in hushed whispers among the various mages that used the library. A man who had risen to power in another prominent city, one that he had looked into for a time in order to decide if he should visit their grounds next. A place that he actually intended to go to once he was finished here.

Considering what to do next, he finally decided on bowing his head in response. He was not one to openly give away how unaware of a situation he may be, especially one in which the Fanged King was a responsible party. Instead he rose from his seat, matching the fox in height and possibly surpassing him by a few inches. Now that he was standing, he retrieved the scroll from the table and carefully tucked it into one of the plates that composed his right thigh. While he had every intention to pour over the document in full detail, he felt uncomfortable doing so within the confines of Circle City--let alone before this fox of no name and disconcerting disposition.

"If he wishes to know of what I learn, will communication be maintained in a similar manner?" Arias' eyes narrowed somewhat. While he was fairly certain this comment in and of itself would not give away how completely out of water he felt, he also thought it was a question he was required to ask. If the Fanged King bore interest in what he was researching and possibly intended to utilize it, he required the answer to such a question. Doubly so if this fox was going to be the sole go-between.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 12:54:04 AM by Nemael »
  • Signature art by: GhostPaladin

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 09:00:25 AM »
"I am to accompany and help in anyway i can. His majesty has heard you are searching for The Vault of The Ancients. And he wishes to allow me to aid you. If any where to try and steal your research..." in a smooth motion that seemed beyond any speed even a powerful warrior would have been able to achive a silver arc slammed into the marble floor with a dull thud and the sound of cracking stone as a scythe blade had sunk half way into the floor. Cutting through the stone like butter. "Im here to show them it would be unwise." shadow then pointed at where the scroll had been placed. "The scroll contains a contract that contains how much the fanged king will pay for any research you find on the ancient vaults to. be shared woth no one but him. It also contains a few pieces to the puzzle only 3 mages in as many centuries have seen and been able to place." and woth that he simply stood at his side silently. As if he had never spoken at all.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »
"Good. Well the crew is just me and Nut. Well....there is shelia. One moment. OI!SHELIA COME INTRODUCE YOUR SELF YOU LAZY WOLF!" he paused for a moment. "OH BLOW IT OUT YOUR ARSE YEH SCALY OAF FOR I FIX YEH WITH A RIGHT WRENCH UP YAH ARSE!" came an angry reply. Bolt shrugged with a chuckle. "Best mechanic in the open skys and knows how to use a steam sword and a tesla shotgun to great effect. But. Oh whoa is me that sailor mouth shes got." He looked around the cabin. "Well best go get settled in.  Nut. Show him his bunk. Itll be the last one on the right. Im going to go check with sheila and get us under way." he said as Nut nodded and stood beckoning the wolf to follow. "Sheilas alright by the way. She may seem mean but shes a real nice fox i promise." she said softly. As she placed her hands on the walls and took him down the hall past the mess and showers and a few bunk rooms before stopping and feeling the label on the door. "Ah..here..here we are." she stuttered slightly.
Vosur watched this interaction between the captain and the mechanic, stifling a chuckle before he follows the lead of the dragoness. "Would be tempting to talk to her, but the etiquette of tool-tinkerer is to not interfere." he spoke his thoughts as he followed, stopping at the door. "How often have you been attacked en-route?  You made mention of requiring me to take part in the defense, but with the small amount of crew and lack of anti-air armaments, I judge you go by speed more than true defense. Or did your mechanic set up 'concealed armaments' in this ship's hull panels?" Vosur spoke as he looked back to Nut before opening the door and setting his gear inside the room other than the sword-and-sheath he wore on his belt.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »
The lion sighed and nodded. He turned to the bear and said in an exaggeratedly gentle tone "I'm right behind you, Mister," The bear was clearly confused, but he eventually saw that this would go nowhere if he didn't move. So he eyed the canine suspiciously before turning around. He stepped slowly towards the door. The lion turned around, too, smirked and then followed the bear, eyes still on the canine.

Once outside, Syd stood with his back to the door, ready to go back inside. He was clearly feeling impatient given the whole ordeal would have concluded had the lion not stuck his nose where it hadn't belonged. The bear had been annoying on his own, he didn't need any help. The colorful canine would have crossed his arms huffily, but instead, he settled on keeping his gun fixed on the bear's armed hand, half tempted to shoot the gun out of his hand and conclude this little meeting on his own terms. As a pirate and dancer, his trust was thin. He'd been drawn into games before.

“I'm gonna give you one chance to explain yerself before I finish this up on my own, go back inside, and settle for an ale,” Syd announced flatly, moreso to the lion than the bear. Aside from his gun being steadily pointed at him, he paid hardly any mind to the bear, engaging with the lion instead. After all, the feline had been the one to cause problems. “You stuck yer nose where it didn't belong and there was really no reason for that. Why give that tar stain a gun an' tell him to duel me if you're not interested in killin' me?” His gun waved briefly at the lion as he spoke before it wavered back to the bear again. “I don't like games, so you best come clean.”

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 07:59:29 PM »
Vosur watched this interaction between the captain and the mechanic, stifling a chuckle before he follows the lead of the dragoness. "Would be tempting to talk to her, but the etiquette of tool-tinkerer is to not interfere." he spoke his thoughts as he followed, stopping at the door. "How often have you been attacked en-route?  You made mention of requiring me to take part in the defense, but with the small amount of crew and lack of anti-air armaments, I judge you go by speed more than true defense. Or did your mechanic set up 'concealed armaments' in this ship's hull panels?" Vosur spoke as he looked back to Nut before opening the door and setting his gear inside the room other than the sword-and-sheath he wore on his belt.
"Sometimes once or twice if were lucky. More if w..were not.." she said looking at him. But he noticed she wasnt really looking at him. She was looking in his general direction. And the way she had to touch everything.."we dont have any heavy weapons no. I order to be classified as a frieghter class and have easier times hauling cargo we cant have any large cannons or auto turrets on the ship. But we do have an automated theft and boarding protection tesla grid. Once that runs down enough for them to get through we usally repel them easily enough. Have you done much air fighting?" she asked cocking her head to one side. Revealing a pair of wings tattoed on her neck. Dragons had extremely tough scales meaning the tattoo artist had to use diamond tipped needles to pierce the skin. That ment dragon tattoos were long and expensive. Those wings must mean somthing very significant.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 10:32:58 PM »
 Syd was taken by surprise when the lion shot. He hadn't expected it, and it was obvious from the way his green eyes grew wide. He covered his mouth with his free hand immediately, looking down at the dead body before him. He'd intended to teach the bear a lesson, but killing him had never crossed the canine's mind. When it came to all the threatening he'd been doing, admittedly, Syd was all bark and no bite – his display only meant to threaten and scare. The most he would have done is shot the gun from the bear's hand and sent him back inside to be shamed. He only killed when it was a matter of life and death.

He lowered his gun, looking back to the lion with disbelief. “Ye didn't 'ave to kill 'im!” he protested. Not that it mattered – it was a common occurrence in the city. It still didn't stop him from being appalled by it. “I'd 'ave handled it all on my own, mate. I didn't need yer help.” Now he was huffy and did cross his arms, side eying the lion. “This is a right mess,” he sighed, nudging the bear with foot and reholstering his weapon. He rubbed his face, a bit distraught, “He may have been rotten but that didn't warrant his death,” he muttered. “You do this sorta thing often, do you?” Syd placed his hands on his hips expectantly. “Because I ain't cleanin' this up.”

Offline Eden-H

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Android
  • Coloring: White, black
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Uplifted
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 01:55:05 AM »
For the first time within memory, Arias was genuinely startled when the fox moved with such speed that even his eyes just barely caught it. If this man had not been ominous enough on his own standing, the precision with which he moved and the fact he could cut through marble with such ease would have certainly proven it. Turning his attention to the unusually clean slice, he rolled his shoulders and chuckled quietly. "I appreciate the effort and trust the Fanged King is putting into this expedition." He looked back to the fox as a genuine grin crossed his features. "Regardless of your or his intent."

Reaching back down to his thigh and retrieving the scroll from inside the plate, he carefully unrolled the first page. With an eyebrow cocked, Arias quickly read through the information that had been written down, sometimes murmuring under breath as he paused on a few paragraphs. "...limited to the eyes of the Fanged King... for the good of the Highlands... bestowed upon you after great duress in recovering the required documents..." He bit the inside of his cheek. What he was reading and the fact that the king fully intended to pay him for his efforts if he succeeded in this endeavor was incredible. In the many years he had been researching and seeking the Vaults of the Ancients, most had proclaimed him either a madman or a faulty piece of technological shite. Hell, not a single person had put any stock into his theories and the possibilities he had come up with.

Barely refraining from keeping the excitement out of his voice, he rolled up what he had just finished reading and unraveled the portion that spoke of several pieces of the extensive puzzle that had been put together by mages before him. His eyes danced across the page and he pressed a hand to his mouth. Everything he concluded through his years of seeking was yet another vital segment added to the mystery. He was so incredibly close to having the answers he sought, yet so deliciously far. If only he had known!

"Spirits." Rolling the parchment back up and securing the document once more, he suddenly moved away from the table and swiftly walked out of the library. What he had requested from the librarian lay completely forgotten on the table for the next passerby to entertain themselves with. "I will need a few to aid me in this expedition, preferably fellow mages with an open mind."

About to say more, he took note of an extremely unusual figure who stood off to the side. Whether they had been listening in to the conversation he carried with the sable fox or were merely a curious passerby, they were certainly a rarity. Relatively diminutive horns combined with unusually sharp canines immediately told him that this man did not come from a simple lineage. What was a being such as this doing out here in Circle City? The mages here were not the friendliest sort, especially to those they deemed 'different'. Arias was lucky to even get through the gates to begin with. "...Would that be against the kings clauses?" He suddenly finished, simultaneously attempting to ignore the being who had distracted him.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:20:06 PM by Nemael »
  • Signature art by: GhostPaladin

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 02:51:57 AM »
"Sometimes once or twice if were lucky. More if w..were not.." she said looking at him. But he noticed she wasnt really looking at him. She was looking in his general direction. And the way she had to touch everything.."we dont have any heavy weapons no. I order to be classified as a frieghter class and have easier times hauling cargo we cant have any large cannons or auto turrets on the ship. But we do have an automated theft and boarding protection tesla grid. Once that runs down enough for them to get through we usally repel them easily enough. Have you done much air fighting?" she asked cocking her head to one side. Revealing a pair of wings tattoed on her neck. Dragons had extremely tough scales meaning the tattoo artist had to use diamond tipped needles to pierce the skin. That ment dragon tattoos were long and expensive. Those wings must mean somthing very significant.
"I've helped out with caravan shipments after my business was robbed one time, but not really ship-to-ship fighting." he spoke with a shrug, glancing at the tattoo but not really heeding much attention to it. "So that treaty hasn't kicked in yet if freighters aren't being allowed defense armaments other than a shock-grid. Wonder which one of the three cities is not allowing it..." he thought out-loud before shrugging again and turning around to fully face her. "We'll talk about this later, but in the meantime, I'm going to get something from the galley."

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 04:00:12 AM »
Marlock had in fact been listening and had actually been watching the two carefully. Before Arias had even started his conversation with the fox, Marlock had been skimming through several books all about various legends. The legends he was mostly interested in were objects and places of immense power. He when one such thing came up, he read it carefully and focused on every detail. Most other mages in circle city have written Marlock as a mad man, and they weren't that far off from the truth.

Marlock had suffered a severely traumatic experience a while back and while he won't share all the details, it clearly has mentally disturbed him. There are many rumors surrounding Marlock that he is a drug addict, that he makes deals with evil outsiders, and that he was the only person found alive in the destroyed town of Adriano. Marlock will not confirm or deny any of these rumors and instead offers people who ask such questions a sandwich. He is also very addicted to sandwiches and loves a varieties of things between two pieces of bread.

Once you Arias had started talking with the fox Marlock had taken interest. This vault thingy may have been the thing he was searching for all this time. When Arias said he needed another mage to come help with his project Marlock got up from his seat and came over.
"So i couldn't help but over hear you need another mage to help with research. I would be glad to offer my services as I am not just a mage but also an accomplished swordsman." Marlock said getting rather close to arias with a big grin on his face.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 08:12:18 AM »
Skyla watched from a perch. She was a rather beautiful fox if she did say so herself he red coat glowed with a silky sheen like she was liquid fire. And the whit tatoos that matched her fur and ice blue eyes perfectly. She slung her rail gun reciporcating piston rifle over her shoulder and slid down from her sniper nest.  She carried a parcel for the arnired one. The walking Armageddon of dpc they called him. Her master need her to give him this. They needed his help. She chewed her bottom lip as she almost lost whete he went in the hustle and bustle of the massive port city. She finally spotted him again "hey! Hey mr!" she called racing after him "hey!!!"

The armored binturong had nearly rounded the corner at the end of the small, bustling street by the time the fox caught up with him. It took her calling out a few times before he seemed to realize that anyone was speaking to him, his head turning around to get a look at the speaker, eyebrows set in a curious expression. When she came trotting up to him he just smirked, noticing just how attractive the fox was, but made no comment. "What do you need, Miss?" he questioned, his mannerisms and way of speaking far out of place in the lawless city. He looked down at the bag of coins in his paw and motioned for her to follow along, continuing on his way, but at a slower pace. It wasn't often that people called to him out of a crowd, but this certainly was not the first time, either. Turns out beating up thugs and thieves attracted attention. Who knew.

The sound of a gunshot rang out, not an unusual sound in these parts but this one was close enough that several people instinctively ducked and began looking around. Anthony just frowned to himself, though he didn't slow or later his course. In fact, the gunshot had come from up ahead. "One second." he said to the vixen as they walked through several people hurriedly moving in the opposite direction. They were not in a full panic, but some had paws over their mouths or were looking at the ground. None of them so much as glanced at the formed guardsman.

The crowd parted and both the binturong and the fox were left standing several dozen paces away from the scene in front of the tavern. The male just sighed quietly to himself and walked up to the two, the lion shamelessly rummaging the pockets of a bear who, based on the wound in his chest, was quite dead. The fox all but forgotten already, the 5'6" binturong looked from the feline over to the canine standing nearby.

"What'd he do?" he asked casually, as if it was nothing new, and truly, in DPC, this was nothing new.
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »
Skyla watched from a perch. She was a rather beautiful fox if she did say so herself he red coat glowed with a silky sheen like she was liquid fire. And the whit tatoos that matched her fur and ice blue eyes perfectly. She slung her rail gun reciporcating piston rifle over her shoulder and slid down from her sniper nest.  She carried a parcel for the arnired one. The walking Armageddon of dpc they called him. Her master need her to give him this. They needed his help. She chewed her bottom lip as she almost lost whete he went in the hustle and bustle of the massive port city. She finally spotted him again "hey! Hey mr!" she called racing after him "hey!!!"

The armored binturong had nearly rounded the corner at the end of the small, bustling street by the time the fox caught up with him. It took her calling out a few times before he seemed to realize that anyone was speaking to him, his head turning around to get a look at the speaker, eyebrows set in a curious expression. When she came trotting up to him he just smirked, noticing just how attractive the fox was, but made no comment. "What do you need, Miss?" he questioned, his mannerisms and way of speaking far out of place in the lawless city. He looked down at the bag of coins in his paw and motioned for her to follow along, continuing on his way, but at a slower pace. It wasn't often that people called to him out of a crowd, but this certainly was not the first time, either. Turns out beating up thugs and thieves attracted attention. Who knew.

The sound of a gunshot rang out, not an unusual sound in these parts but this one was close enough that several people instinctively ducked and began looking around. Anthony just frowned to himself, though he didn't slow or later his course. In fact, the gunshot had come from up ahead. "One second." he said to the vixen as they walked through several people hurriedly moving in the opposite direction. They were not in a full panic, but some had paws over their mouths or were looking at the ground. None of them so much as glanced at the formed guardsman.

The crowd parted and both the binturong and the fox were left standing several dozen paces away from the scene in front of the tavern. The male just sighed quietly to himself and walked up to the two, the lion shamelessly rummaging the pockets of a bear who, based on the wound in his chest, was quite dead. The fox all but forgotten already, the 5'6" binturong looked from the feline over to the canine standing nearby.

"What'd he do?" he asked casually, as if it was nothing new, and truly, in DPC, this was nothing new.
"Thats the bear of the sky waves..howd they manage him.." skyla wondered aloud as she sized up the 2. Skyla was a crow sniper.  Trained by tge fanged kings royal air brigade to defend airships from the crows nest of ships with her rail gun sniper. She could size up danger they seemed dangerious but not evil... I wonder.. She thought to herself..if this expedition could use a ship..

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
"I've helped out with caravan shipments after my business was robbed one time, but not really ship-to-ship fighting." he spoke with a shrug, glancing at the tattoo but not really heeding much attention to it. "So that treaty hasn't kicked in yet if freighters aren't being allowed defense armaments other than a shock-grid. Wonder which one of the three cities is not allowing it..." he thought out-loud before shrugging again and turning around to fully face her. "We'll talk about this later, but in the meantime, I'm going to get something from the galley."
"Ill help." she said cheerfully before bumping into him on her way to the door. "Oh! Sorry!" she said quickly before proceeding to the door and opening it. "Sheila is proably in the galley. She likes a sandwich before we lift off." she led him to the galley before they heard a shout. "You scaley theif! That was my favorite bread!" came the shout "Ill get you flr this Bolt you fat feed bag! You hear me! Therell be a mutiny! Swear on me mums old bones!" a blue fox sat at the table fuming as they entered. No not blue. Her fur had a slight tone of orange to it in a pleasant way. She was dying her fur. The sleek fox was very pretty in a cute way she wore the usual navy cargo pants of a ship engineer and and a white tank top smeared with grease and oil. The tabk top was auite low cut and skimpy due to how hot it could get in an engine room but it showed she was..lacking..in the way of cleavage. And each ear sported 4 piercings a piece and she had plenty of tattoos. Her hair was cut short in an impish style and her ears were cut to look pointed. topping off the look were her eyes that were a sky blue. A massive wrench and an engineers rig sat next to her with a couple of engine parts she had been tinkering with. The engineers rig looked alot like an exo skeleton and made it easy to pick up large engine parts, weild large tools and protected them from being crushed if said large parts fell on them.  "Nut! He stole-" she began when he saw her enter. Then stopped when she saw who followed her in. She made eye contact with him and her cheeks turned a deep shade of pink "Your favorite bread. We heard." Nut said with a friendly smile. "Im sorry. Ill buy you more when we get to DCP." "N..No its f-fine." Shela said as she straighted her hair. "Who..whose he?" she asked