The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "I hate kids."  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Yena the Wolf

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Is this a face of mercy to you? *cute eyes*
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Nicely desaturated red bangs, silver fur with black stripes on tail and legs. When in super mode, her fur turns golden, and the black bits turn turquoise.
  • Height: 5.8"
  • Weight: 90 pounds. She is very lightweight.
  • Build: Curvy, yet muscly. Anthro.
  • Currently: I'M THE SHURF OF THIS TOWN!
"I hate kids."
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
This one sentence. Drives. Me. Insane. "I hate kids." Wow. Hating kids is the worst thing to do, seeing as how they are targeted for bully, r*pe, abuse, and much more. Hating kids. Wow. Just wow. This is not a thing to be said. People that here kids, or worse, their parents, is not right. Some parents and/or kids are awesome. No. This is not something to be taken lightly.

I watched kids get bullied back a year or two sgo, and still do on TV and on YouTube. It hurts me to hear the sentence "I hate kids." You are heartless if you hate kids. Some are not very good/nice/or whatever, but still, heartless people hate kids. Even the cute ones. They are innocent. And then they are abused. Then they are scarred. Poor things.

If you hate kids, don't talk to me. Don't be my friend. I will hate you to the end if you hate kids. Just. No.
  • Signature art by: None. XD
I come on this forum when I want. It's my forum profile. Nobody on here will stop me from venting, asking questions, etc.  And if y'all are gonna be jerks just because I'm trying to get my point across, leave me alone! Think before you type! Think on the other side of the conversation! How would you feel if you were getting yelled at because you are first world venting about your life, huh? I know y'all are trying to help, but- OH LAWDIE THAT'S A LOT OF WORDS.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
Re: "I hate kids."
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 06:42:57 PM »
That's very nice of you to say, it definitely shows how good of a heart you have.
wired as right now

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Augmented Fox
  • Coloring: Red fox pattern, neon green hair, Augmented arms, augmented eyes
  • Height: A little taller than usual
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 08:04:07 PM »
I'm 21 and I decided to get into a relationship with my Fiancee who has two kids. I love kids ^^

IMO, if someone doesn't like kids, then they shouldn't have kids. But running around screaming about how much they hate kids isn't productive.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 08:09:45 PM »
Honestly, I think people who talk about how much they hate kids forget what it's like to be a kid. People who don't like kids, shouldn't have kids as Syn said. Honestly, I think it's ridiculous if someone is mean to a child because they don't like kids. Kids are people, too, and unlike adults cannot process things like adults can, so when a kid interacts with you, whether you like them or not, you better grit your feckin teeth and be nice to them because a rotten attitude from an adult or anything of the like is enough to impact people for life.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 12:01:33 AM »
I DETEST kids. They are noisy, high pitched, annoying, unpredictable, often argumentative, naive, at times cruel (and they can get away with it), and tend to annoy the living crud out of me. No, this is not some kids, in my experience, this is 99% of them.

No, that does not mean I am a horrible person around them, I get it, they are kids, they don't know better, they are still learning. I get all that. But I still choose to avoid them where I can. If that becomes impossible, I will do the best I can for the kid I will smile and be friendly, I will listen and talk to them. I won't be a complete asshat just because I am around children. I try to be pleasant around them, I just find it hard and stressful.

And your saying that this major discomfort I am happy to admit to feeling, makes me some kind of monster? o.O

TLDR: I hate kids, but that does not mean I am a dick to them.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:33:31 AM »
Personally, I had no choice but to learn to like kids. I'm the eldest child of four, had to stay at a day-care that I was far beyond the age-group for, had to help out at said day care, helped watch the neighbor kid when I moved to my Grandparents' house, and well, planned to become a parent one day when everything is all settled for me.

I learned to love kids in their carefree nature, even if many had a tendency to be selfish and very cruel indeed. But I revel in the ability to teach them and show them how awesome being nice can be - and how much further it can get them in life, as well. I never imposed my personal morals, but rather, gave them the groundwork so that they could grow up to be better people. I can only speak for my siblings in regards to success, but I've never had a little kid who disliked me (which can be a blessing and a curse in its own right lol). If I had hated kids during that time, I would have been miserable.

Now, you might be wondering... what do I do when someone says they hate kids? It's simple.

"Don't worry, I can imagine why. Kids can easily get annoying."

Because no matter how much you like kids, no matter how many siblings you have... kids are immature, selfish, stubborn and even cruel. It's a matter of education that changes kids for the better. If left to their own devices, no framework or anything, they would follow the path of least resistance. Think Lord of the Flies, to some degree.

People who hate kids are not evil monsters. People who hate kids are not heartless. People who hate kids are not someone to hate. I will attest to this in every regard:

Honestly, I think people who talk about how much they hate kids forget what it's like to be a kid. People who don't like kids, shouldn't have kids as Syn said. Honestly, I think it's ridiculous if someone is mean to a child because they don't like kids. Kids are people, too, and unlike adults cannot process things like adults can, so when a kid interacts with you, whether you like them or not, you better grit your feckin teeth and be nice to them because a rotten attitude from an adult or anything of the like is enough to impact people for life.

What you have to do, Yena, is separate people who do not like children from people who abuse and actively hurt children. They are not the same thing. Because making such a sweeping assumption about anyone who doesn't like kids is rather cruel in itself.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:35:55 AM by Nick Sintari »

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 01:18:16 AM »
I have to agree with the above statement about a separation of people who dislike kids and those who do them harm.

I work at a school. I deal with kids for half of the day. And I hate about 80% of them half of the time. Some are ignorant to their behavior, others do it on purpose. *But* I still provide whatever is needed for them.  And hell, there's quite a few ones that I enjoy.

But at the end of my work hours, I'm gonna "hate kids" for a few more, just saying.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 01:41:21 AM »
Not saying I hate kids but some can get annoying, can be disrespectful, spoiled to the point were I dislike them, However doesn't mean I become some bully but I try to ignore and or avoid them... unless they know how to act I have no problem besides usually children love me for some reason which I have no clue why...
doesn't really matter if people 'hate' kids, it's their opinion. But I think saying hate may be a strong word. Unless they are treating children rudely, physically or mentally harming them... then It understandable to get angry.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 03:58:15 AM »
For the record, I don't think people are bad if they dislike children. They can be downright taxing to be around at times, especially for some of the reasons mentioned above; they're loud, some are bratty, they're still learning, etc. I think people are bad if they don't like children and are snotty at said children for being children.

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »
I dont hate all kids. Just the ones that constantly look at their phones and put on chapstick
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
What you have to do, Yena, is separate people who do not like children from people who abuse and actively hurt children. They are not the same thing. Because making such a sweeping assumption about anyone who doesn't like kids is rather cruel in itself.

I was about to say a lot of these things, but you already said it better than I could.

I "hate" kids because they lack the compassion growing up can give. The most cruelty I've seen in people has always been from middle schoolers or younger. That doesn't mean I want to actively hurt them, but I sure do want to avoid them.

0h, also because they're not exactly fun to look at, but that's not too relevant to the topic.

Offline BulldogBrian

• Vibrating Furby
  • yvan eht nioj
    • Awards
  • Species: Doge
  • Coloring: Green/Brown
  • Height: 6'4
  • Weight: 200lbs
  • Build: Ripped
  • Currently: Gotta hit the gym. Lats are getting cooled off. Amped for the rave on 19th
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 02:31:20 AM »
Kids can be utter creeps and noone ever calls 'em on it. If I had a dime for every time I got one chance to eat out in a week and it was ruined because some snot-nosed five year old was wailing one table away from me because he didn't want to eat his peas and his parents wouldn't do more than shush him, I'd be a really pissed off millionare. Why should I have to choke down my dinner while some little non-contributor curls up his face to look as ugly as he can, turns pink and screams at the top of his lungs? People who haven't got a problem with kids are terribly unsympathetic with this, because they claim to be "just as bothered by the screaming as you are", but really, they're mildly inconvenienced compared to others. Some of us aren't just disgusted by the sound of children screaming, but it causes us pain, and we need to get away from it.

I don't hate kids. I hate a lot of kids. That doesn't make me bad, but it does make me a target of hatred for people who can't stand the thought of their bratty little pukes not getting away with every bit of terrible behaviour and other people not making excuses for them.
"Rapid Boom is Sonics Brother. She can sprint around the world 5 times a day, but has too feed her speed with the blood of her enemies. Her blade thirsts for war. For the sake of all Tyria Sonic and Mario put their diferences aside to gather the chaos emeralds..,"

Offline Yena the Wolf

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Is this a face of mercy to you? *cute eyes*
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Nicely desaturated red bangs, silver fur with black stripes on tail and legs. When in super mode, her fur turns golden, and the black bits turn turquoise.
  • Height: 5.8"
  • Weight: 90 pounds. She is very lightweight.
  • Build: Curvy, yet muscly. Anthro.
  • Currently: I'M THE SHURF OF THIS TOWN!
Re: \\\\\\\"I hate kids.\\\\\\\"
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »
I DETEST kids. They are noisy, high pitched, annoying, unpredictable, often argumentative, naive, at times cruel (and they can get away with it), and tend to annoy the living crud out of me. No, this is not some kids, in my experience, this is 99% of them.

No, that does not mean I am a horrible person around them, I get it, they are kids, they don't know better, they are still learning. I get all that. But I still choose to avoid them where I can. If that becomes impossible, I will do the best I can for the kid I will smile and be friendly, I will listen and talk to them. I won't be a complete asshat just because I am around children. I try to be pleasant around them, I just find it hard and stressful.

And your saying that this major discomfort I am happy to admit to feeling, makes me some kind of monster? o.O

TLDR: I hate kids, but that does not mean I am a dick to them.

No! But I am saying, if you are a total butt to kids just because you hate them, never approach me. Especially if you hate a very shy, kind, good-hearted kid who never did anything to you.

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 06:27:09 PM
Kids can be utter creeps and noone ever calls 'em on it. If I had a dime for every time I got one chance to eat out in a week and it was ruined because some snot-nosed five year old was wailing one table away from me because he didn't want to eat his peas and his parents wouldn't do more than shush him, I'd be a really pissed off millionare. Why should I have to choke down my dinner while some little non-contributor curls up his face to look as ugly as he can, turns pink and screams at the top of his lungs? People who haven't got a problem with kids are terribly unsympathetic with this, because they claim to be "just as bothered by the screaming as you are", but really, they're mildly inconvenienced compared to others. Some of us aren't just disgusted by the sound of children screaming, but it causes us pain, and we need to get away from it.

I don't hate kids. I hate a lot of kids. That doesn't make me bad, but it does make me a target of hatred for people who can't stand the thought of their bratty little pukes not getting away with every bit of terrible behaviour and other people not making excuses for them.

Yea, I saw and or heard kids throwing fits in the store all the time, as well. It is really annoying. But some kids aren't bad. Others just make me super ticked. The mothers apparently don't care about their kids if they aren't gonna do crap but shush them. Jeez, at least give the brat a punishment!

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 06:34:37 PM
Personally, I had no choice but to learn to like kids. I'm the eldest child of four, had to stay at a day-care that I was far beyond the age-group for, had to help out at said day care, helped watch the neighbor kid when I moved to my Grandparents' house, and well, planned to become a parent one day when everything is all settled for me.

I learned to love kids in their carefree nature, even if many had a tendency to be selfish and very cruel indeed. But I revel in the ability to teach them and show them how awesome being nice can be - and how much further it can get them in life, as well. I never imposed my personal morals, but rather, gave them the groundwork so that they could grow up to be better people. I can only speak for my siblings in regards to success, but I've never had a little kid who disliked me (which can be a blessing and a curse in its own right lol). If I had hated kids during that time, I would have been miserable.

Now, you might be wondering... what do I do when someone says they hate kids? It's simple.

"Don't worry, I can imagine why. Kids can easily get annoying."

Because no matter how much you like kids, no matter how many siblings you have... kids are immature, selfish, stubborn and even cruel. It's a matter of education that changes kids for the better. If left to their own devices, no framework or anything, they would follow the path of least resistance. Think Lord of the Flies, to some degree.

People who hate kids are not evil monsters. People who hate kids are not heartless. People who hate kids are not someone to hate. I will attest to this in every regard:

Yeah, I know, and sometimes my sister can be very cruel and stubborn, which makes me very exasperated, but if you like hurting kids, that's wrong. That's why I say, if you hate kids don't approach me. If you like abusing kids, you will feel the wrath of me.

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 06:36:19 PM
That's very nice of you to say, it definitely shows how good of a heart you have.

Aww, really? That's sweet of you to say...! Even though kids are annoying sometimes, they shouldn't be hurt mentally, or physically.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:36:19 PM by Yena the Wolf, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Signature art by: None. XD
I come on this forum when I want. It's my forum profile. Nobody on here will stop me from venting, asking questions, etc.  And if y'all are gonna be jerks just because I'm trying to get my point across, leave me alone! Think before you type! Think on the other side of the conversation! How would you feel if you were getting yelled at because you are first world venting about your life, huh? I know y'all are trying to help, but- OH LAWDIE THAT'S A LOT OF WORDS.

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »
I get amazingly annoyed by children, so much so that they oftentimes give me a headache. Oh, isn't it so cute how little Johnny crapped his pants one person ahead of you in the grocery check-out line and is wailing so loudly that you can feel your sternum vibrating?

Cats don't do these things. I like cats.
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Gray and Red
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Average Muscled build
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 07:59:43 PM »
I agree that kids can be very annoying.  Although, I rarely blame the kids until a certain age because they only have their parents to learn from.  I don't completely agree with the tabula rasa (blank slate) philosophy because our genetics does play a part in our temperament and so forth, but all of that can still be tempered by learning the proper way to behave.  If a child is behaving in an improper manner, then it is the caregiver's responsibility to teach them that what they are doing is wrong and to show them the proper way to act.  In that way, I hate parents/caregivers more than the children on most occasions. 

In saying caregivers, I mean those that aren't parents but still can provide direction and support.  I would consider teachers an exception because even though they can provide good examples and can talk about the proper way to act, they are still limited by their school system and the whiny parents that say, "You don't get to parent my child." It does take a village to raise a child and any parent that doesn't realize that and allow other to help, then they are only hurting themselves and their children.