The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Adventures on the Unterzee (A Sunless Sea RP)  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Adventures on the Unterzee (A Sunless Sea RP)
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:55:23 PM »
The urchins nodded and took the pieces of paper back and mentioned that you should head to the Admiralty as soon as possible, though they wouldn't blame you if you felt like loitering a little. The urchins then ran off towards The Admiralty Survey Office to collect their payment for delivering the message. They probably weren't working for much, maybe some bread, or a few echoes. That's about it. That doesn't affect you though, so maybe you should get going with what you're doing. After all, why would you want to stay in Fallen London, it is a dreary and to be honest fairly dull place at times. Sure, there's The University but that only really entertains scholars and zailors who want to sell an artifact they've found or share a myth for the scholars there to bicker over and over analyse, or the shops which sell mostly parts for ships, fuel and rations. It's like they actively promote becoming a zailor. There's also the aforementioned Admiralty Survey Office but if you find fun in such a place then honestly you must have a screw loose...or ten.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:56:10 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: Adventures on the Unterzee (A Sunless Sea RP)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 10:01:01 PM »
Angder follows the Urchin, the sooner he was on the Zea the better.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 10:39:44 PM »
As Angder followed the urchin he was approached by a badger with a gleaming bald head and one eye which had no no pupil. He was dressed in a long dark jacket. He leaned in close to Angder and gave him a warm yet oddly threatening smile. "Rumor has it youse lookin' to become a zailor. That right? If so I 'ave a...proposition for you. Are yo interested in what I 'ave to say to you, my good man?" He seemed like he was trying to have some sort of charm but it honestly seemed forced.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:47:52 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »
Angder grins. "Well, hurry up then? why would I not be!" Angder looks at the badger expectantly.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:59:57 PM »
Geoffrey also followed the urchin and Angder, but stayed some distance away in case the wolf was bothered by him. He hated making people uncomfortable.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 11:23:43 PM »
The badger grinned and produced a package from his jacket and pressed it into Angder's hands. "Well then, you need to take this package to..." He leaned in close and whispered into his ear when he noticed Geoff, not wanting him to hear. "Take this to Gaider's Mourn, to the east. You'll know it when you see it. Big upwards island." The badger walked away, glancing menacingly at Geoff as he did. "You didn't see nothin'"

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:27:41 PM »
Angder examines the package. "Sounds good to me..."

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 12:25:40 AM »
Geoffrey's ears lowered at the badger's menacing glare. "Uh, okay..."

He peered at Angder with curiosity for a moment, then awkwardly continued walking to the office. Whatever was going on was clearly shady and he wished to steer away from anything of that sort. It was none of his business.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:28:57 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 12:47:56 AM »
The package rattled a little but there's not much Angder can tell about it from that. It was obvious though that it probably wasn't that legal. Both Geoff and Angder were approaching the Admiralty Survey Office. It looked a lot more official than the buildings the two had seen so far. That wasn't all that surprising though. They're officials after all, and what is an official without an official looking building? Not a very good one. It seemed to be open. At least...they think it did. The only way to be sure was for one of them to check.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »
Angder places the box in his coat, and heads into the building.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »
Geoffrey moved out of the way and watched Angder head in, still wanting to keep his distance from the guy but for a somewhat different reason this time.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
Angder was met with the uninterested gaze of a young and, oddly, quite beautiful fox. She must have been quite wealthy, as common folk don't see a lot of people who look like her on a day to day basis. The rather stout British Bulldog who was talking to her glanced in your direction and swiftly headed for the door to his office which you caught merely a glimpse of as he enters it. It looked dull anyway, still...it's a place where he seemed to not want you to go at the moment. The young lady seemed like she must be his secretary or something to that effect. She kept her uninterested gaze on Angder for a few seconds. "What is your name?" She gestured to the pile of pieces of paper on her desk. "So I know which one of these was you."

Whilst Geoffrey stayed outside he saw young urchins run by him, play in the street, he then heard shouting from the other end of it. The shouting was accompanied by the sound of shoes clacking against a cobblestone pavement. A rather well dressed deer came into view, he glanced at Geoff a look of pure and sheer anger upon his face. "where did those little rodents go? Tell me this instant! You must have seen them!" He had big antlers...

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 02:05:41 PM »
Geoff was rather intimidated by the intensity of the deer's anger. "Uh, y-yeah, th-that way." He pointed toward where he saw them run.

The bear wasn't too comfortable with this side of town so far. Nearly everyone he met seemed either scummy or in a bitter mood. Then again, that description fit most of the city in general.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 09:30:21 PM »
"Angder." Angder states "I heard you needed szailors."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:38:44 PM by Angder »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 09:53:03 PM »
The secretary grabbed the piece of paper Angder signed earlier. She read over it and took all the information in. "So you want to get out there and explore? Well then if you seek something less...mundane. We want you to meet a contact in the port on Gaider's Mourn. Get some strategic information from them. You shall NOT read it. Understood? By the way, do you have a crew and a ship ready?"

The deer ran after the urchins, yelling behind him. "They went this way boys! We'll make sure the rats don't get away with interfering in our little...business." Several men run past Geoff after the deer and urchins. One smiling to Geoff as they do. "We'll make sure you get repayed for your help. Just keep an eye out for us next time you're in the area."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:55:36 PM by Grovygrunge »