The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Adventures on the Unterzee (A Sunless Sea RP)  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
Re: Adventures on the Unterzee (A Sunless Sea RP)
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 09:14:49 PM »
Wayward looked down at the scrap of paper. Of course, his name wasn't actually Wayward, but he liked it. It suited him, and he suited it. Anyway, it was probably going to be easier to be known by that than anything else. Not that that even mattered.

Stretching his legs, he made his way towards the Admiralty Office, keen to see what may be about to arise.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:24 PM »
Geoff simply nodded. He liked the rats, as odd as they are. He had befriended a rat shortly after being evicted, but unfortunately the poor thing got itself killed. He'd rather not think about how it happened.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 10:07:16 PM »
The scruffy sheep dog frowned at the cart. "Admiralty give ya that I s'pose? Guess that means you have one of them licenses." He let out a long sigh. "I don't even want to see that thing. Just take that ship over there." He gestured to a ship that was rather dingy, it's hull looked like it was thrown together by an amateur who got lucky. "It's better than it looks. Deal with it."

Wayward entered the Admiralty Survey Office, the young, beautiful fox secretary stared up at him. "You want to zail right? Go to the docks. Look for two people, a wolf named Angder, and a bear named Geoffrey. You'll find em. Now go away."

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2015, 10:12:38 PM »
Wayward stopped for a moment, and then headed out of the office. Looking around, he saw the docks, and began to head in that general direction. But what was her problem? Seemed a bit rude, for a receptionist or whatever the hell her occupation there was.

Dissmissing his previous trail of thought, he began to search out the bear and wolf. Being a stranger to the area, he wandered aimlessly around the docks.
                  poetry isn't one of them

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2015, 10:15:14 PM »
Angder strode aboard the ship, Cheerfully. "Looks ok to me." He jumps on the deck, and the floorboards creaked alarmingly. Angder did not seem to notice. "Bring the cart aboard Geoffrey."
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2015, 10:28:26 PM »
Geoffrey pouted and struggled to keep the crooked-wheeled cart straight as he pushed it onto the ship. He leaned against it and sighed.

"S-so... now what?"

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »
The jury-rigged ship bobbed slowly on the waves, a rope keeping it from drifting aimlessly into the zee.  The false-stars up on The Roof seemed to shimmer then they started to move very slowly. Many zailors quickly cast their eyes down, captains of ships started to shout to their crew. "Eyes to the floor, boys! If there's an ill omen it's best we don't see it. We don't want to stir the wrath of the God's. If you're feeling lucky cast those eyes upwards and pray that Stone don't take offence." Most of the zailors cast their eyes down at the dock and the decks of their ships, anyone with sense fears the god's of the zee. Even those who don't believe are fearful of the tales they hear.

The false-stars aligned in such a way that they looked like...a hooded man, perhaps? A mysterious figure for certain, and, a zee bat.

It was at this moment, Wayward spotted Angder's and Geoffrey's ship. Geoffrey was the only bear around at the moment, coincidentally.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:21:49 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
The bear... The only bear, by luck. Wayward began to approach the ship, looking towards the bear. 
                  poetry isn't one of them

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
Geoffrey noticed the person heading his way staring right at him. Nervous, he sheepishly lowered his head somewhat as he waited to be questioned or scolded at.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2015, 07:07:02 PM »
Angder glances up at the stars. "odd." He looks back down at the stranger, he was looking at the bear, so for now Angder would keep his nose out of their business. Unless it turned nasty of course.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »
All of zailors finally returned to their business after a few minutes. A voice could be heard very close by, in fact it was so clear to Angder it was almost as if the voice was coming from behind him. "All these poor souls, so afraid of those little lights up in the sky. It's almost a pity isn't it? You seem to disregard them. Do you not believe in the signs and the Gods of the Zee? Are you foolish or have you just never zailed before, I wonder?"

A few of the zailors who had dared to look up whispered to their captains, told them what they saw. Some of the captains nodded and called out for their crew to get off the ships and head home. They didn't consider it wise to zail out tonight. Another seemed to beg to differ. "Men, I care not what these Gods say! I couldn't give half a damn! In fact, to prove how little they matter, we're heading to Whither and I'm gonna show you what sacrilege really looks like!" Some of his crew cheered, others looked afraid but did not dare disobey their captain.

The voice behind Angder spoke again. "He will be leading those men to their deaths."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
Angder turns around. "how do you know?"

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 08:37:35 AM »
Wayward approached the bear. His voice was low, but had a refined edge as he spoke.

"Are you... Geoffry? Planning to sail out soon? I was told to come to you. Apparently I am. To sail with you two or something akin to that."
                  poetry isn't one of them

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 11:30:36 AM »
"Oh!" Geoffrey sighed and grinned awkwardly at the stranger. "Y-Yeah. Welcome."

Having been let go of a little earlier, the cart was rolling gradually down the deck. It took a minute for Geoffrey to notice.
"Sh-sh--!"
He took a large couple steps toward the cart with a hand outstretched and pressed the tips of his fingers against the handle, halting it in place.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »
The voice came from a stranger who was dressed in all very neat and smart looking clothes, or at least, that's what they used to be. They were all torn and worn with age now. It appeared as if these clothes had been all this man had worn for the past year or so. This stranger was a very scruffy looking rabbit with ashen grey fur. It is hard to tell if the grey quality to this fellow's fur was natural, or if it had somehow came about by other means. "Because I have traveled the zee, I have seen what happens out at zee. I know the dangers of the zee." There was a pause. "I'd like to join you. Just don't be surprised if I someday ask for something in return. That is...assuming you live long enough to earn the trust required for such a thing."

The cart jerked to a stop, causing a few of the supplies to fall onto the deck of the ship, a few of them even smashed and were destroyed entirely, making them rather useless. Zailors that noticed this returned to their ships. "Seems they's the ones that got the curse. We seem to be in the clear boys."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:28:50 PM by Grovygrunge »