Author Topic: Against the Night OOC  (Read 19810 times)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
Re: Against the Night OOC
« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2015, 05:03:51 PM »
Yeah same here.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »
I agree with the others.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #302 on: December 18, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
For those who don't know what the displacer beast looks like....

It is a large magical creature. So about the size of a bear or horse
... yeeeeaaaah... just one of these hellish illusion spamming murder cats an really ruin a mid-game party's day real fast.

It is mentioned in his bio that these creatures lead Neshar to his curse. Most of them are friendly towards him, and in a way Neshar unconsciously reveres them. Plus i figured if anything... this will be a perfect resident evil reference for later.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:40:33 PM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #303 on: December 18, 2015, 08:59:56 PM »
Hello all! I understand that there have been some flighty members of this rp that have come and gone, but I'm a bit more disciplined than that. I consistently attended Pathfinder Society sessions for an ongoing campaign through the Emerald Spire, through the Eyes Of The Ten retirement games, and onward. This stretched out over months and I faithfully attended every single one on time.

That being said, here is a sheet updated with more details per Xavier's request:

Name: ??? (Likes to use the name Micah)
Species: Kitsune Feykin
Class (Or general combat style): Reanimated Medium/Amnesiac Psychic
Power Scale: 5 (Amnesiac status can cause fluctuations in either direction)

Description: This psychic is a snow white kitsune with two tails. He wears a gunmetal grey armored coat with a matching hooded cloak and closed leather greaves providing him with enough protection to withstand a fair bit of abuse. While his eyes are an alluring dark amber, the most notable feature he has is around his eyes. Thick, pale blue lines run across his skin and into the fur sprouting from that skin creating swirling patterns that vaguely resemble occult symbols. These markings aren't usually apparent until you get face to face with him under some light which requires his hood to be down. The lines and patterns continue down his cheeks, down the side of his neck and disappear beneath his collar, though there are similar markings on his hand paws goin up into his sleeves if one were to catch him with his gloves off.

History: The fox's memory goes back as far as a year, back to an evening when he woke up feeling hot all over and covered in wounds that were barely closed. He gathered himself, his backpack and the wooden staff that was lying several feet from him. There was some sort of ruins further up the hill, but the fox knew he had to leave. Heading down the hill he ran into a couple mercenaries who looked more than startled to see him. When they rushed him he thrust a paw out and dropped them to the ground with a surge of psychic power. It was then he noticed the markings on his hand paws, they glowed very faintly when he used his magic. The fox tried to meditate on the subject and even tried to get magical aid in recovering his memory. The mage, however, encountered a block. Upon pressing at this blockage both the mage and the fox were wracked with visions of aberrant horror and feelings of disorientation and twisted alien thought. It was concluded that something had happened that warped part of his mind, sealing off most of his memories and muddling about half of his psychic magic. Whenever he tried to push his magical potential beyond what he could remember and safely cast it was a gamble. Every day since then has been a quest for answers, and the key to the darkest corners of his mind.

Noteworthy gear (Any magical items or trinkets): Among his things were a pair of gunmetal grey goggles with blue lenses that augment his senses and allow him to observe auras with better clarity as well as partially shield him from gaze and vision based effects. There was also an amulet with a vibrant blue gem which seems to slightly expand his magical potential, but also restricts the upward and downward potential of his amnesiac powers. The staff he found can absorb a portion of his psychic powers to allow it to act as a magic and psychic weapon.

Abilities(Magic/weapon abilities): Being a hybrid of a medium and a psychic, the fox uses psychic spells and abilities as opposed to traditional arcane or divine magic. The spells do not use incantations or gestures, but instead use thought and emotion components. Psychic magic is embraced by a some, questioned by others, but rejected by many. His amnesia related blocks cause a good portion of his magical potential to be unpredictable. Trying to tap this fuzzy area can prove fruitless and in some cases disrupt his ability to cast spells. Most of the time it works, but in a few rare instances he'll accidentally reach some spell or power beyond his normal capability, but lose it once it's cast. This variance is usually mitigated by focusing through his amulet. His staff is marked with occult sigils that glow when he channels his power through it. When channeling through his staff and striking with it, bits of magic discharge and cause the nerves to light up in pain.

Noteworthy skills: The fox has pushed his mind and spirit beyond normal boundaries and even forcibly held on to his body when he was at the point of death on a few occasions. Other adventurers healed him, thinking he was only bleeding out when in truth he'd been walking the veils edge.

Flaws or Weaknesses: His magical potential is only halfway cemented in most cases. Over the past year he's remastered the basics, but his mid level magics aren't all there. Once he's reached the end of his known spells he must venture into the tempestuous realms of his fractured mind to pull out more spells.

[Mechanically he's a blend of the Reanimated Medium and Amnesiac Psychic archetypes of the Medium and Psychic classes from Pathfinder RPG's Occult Adventures book. His spell list a slight blend of the two with some more offensive abilities as well. His kitsune powers vaguely follow the Magical Tails abilities with some added tricks from the 3rd party book Kitsune Compendium. The important mechanical aspects are listed below]

A Reanimated Medium has died and forcibly re-inhabited it's own body. As a Reanimated Medium this character gains the following abilities:

Channel Self: The fox possesses it's own body and as such channels it's own spirit and it's own potential legend. Instead of regulating influence from a spirit he relies on maintaining high influence over his own body. If his influence drops to 0 he will lapse into a coma as he looses control over his own body.
Spirit Surge: The fox can call up a surge of his own energy to help tip the favor in matters relating to his current legend by burning influence
Ease Passage: The fox's tight grip to it's body eases the passage back to the living should he require a raise dead
Lingering Spirit: The fox can stay rooted in it's own body for a short period after he dies by burning influence, during which time any healing magic will still affect him. Once that period is over, effects similar to Breath Of Life will still affect him for the time immediately following.
Spirit Warding: As the fox is a spirit possessing it's own body, he is resilient (not immune) to all manner of possession, death, and negative energy effects

As an Amnesiac Psychic he has access to a Psychic's spell list and Phrenic pool, but his two highest spell levels are clouded by his amnesia. When tapping an "amnesia spell slot" there is a 10% chance the attempt will fail and he will not be able to cast other spells for a brief period. 25% chance he will fail to remember a lost spell but still be able to cast known spells. 60% chance he will remember a spell and be able to cast it. 5% chance he will remember and cast a spell one level above the spell he's trying to remember, then lose that spell immediately after. The fox's discipline is Faith, his devotion going to Inari Okami

As a Feykin kitsune, his features in his human form and kitsune form are more slender, delicate, and full of an ethereal beauty. His abilities are more focused on enchatment, though he can still use foxfire
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:04:35 PM by Alex Fawxe Jace »

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
« Reply #304 on: December 19, 2015, 03:57:25 AM »
Is your post like a dual-possibility post Tangle, or is the last tidbit going to happen regardless of if he encounters enemies?

Also if anyone has any particular items or neat trinkets they want their characters to find in the upcoming foray, PM me and we'll work something out :p I would like for some dynamic skill or gear improvement over time, so we're not just playing static characters ^^

Also for anyone unfamiliar with it, Alex is using the Pathfinder table-top rules as a base for his character, which is why you see things like spell level in his description. It looks good to me. I would like to add that Kitsune tails essentially allow very minor illusion spells and pseudo-mind control a limited number of times a day.
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: December 19, 2015, 04:46:39 AM »
Well it's a pretty interesting character. But from what I read I'm a little worried about his mental control over others, npcs or players. Mainly because of that one segment where he mentioned having his soul controlling his body, plus being a psychic.

If we can come to a agreement on that I can totally let him in. He looks like a fun interesting character!

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: December 19, 2015, 05:29:08 AM »
Dual possibilities. Neither could happen or both could. Your choice. I also figured they may run into one of these creatures... given it was mentioned that powerful magics draw stronger creatures to it. Likely one of the creatures mentioned in the scroll. The displacer won't stick with them long (unless you want it too... I guess someone could try talking Neshar into convincing the thing to let someone ride on it's back... maybe the bully or drake?) . Being friendly is different from being helpful :P. It may come back like a big damned hero though to repay a debt.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:37:24 AM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: December 19, 2015, 05:31:22 AM »
Well it's a pretty interesting character. But from what I read I'm a little worried about his mental control over others, npcs or players. Mainly because of that one segment where he mentioned having his soul controlling his body, plus being a psychic.

If we can come to a agreement on that I can totally let him in. He looks like a fun interesting character!

The whole possessing his own body doesn't allow him to possess others. It's actually a more delicate form of living, as he his connection can weaken to a point that his body goes comatose. At this level, his enchantments will not be mind controlling, more attitude adjusting. Take a look at the psychic spell list if you can find it

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: December 19, 2015, 08:29:39 PM »
Ok so it would be like illusion magic in skyrim then at first. But still later you'll have mind control and personally I don't really like that idea personally. Not unless you don't really do it too often.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2015, 09:16:22 PM »
Let me put it this way. I have a character build for Pathafinder Society that is perfectly legal and completely broken. I could ruin entire modules with the abilities I have at my disposal, but I purposefully tweak the build and weaken it when necessary to keep the game fun.

I learned to play fair and share the spotlight back in middle school, before I even joined the fandom

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2015, 09:32:40 PM »
I've noticed Alex :P. It seems that you've turned a Psionic Character into the equivalent of a Wild Mage. Lets hope he doesn't change someone into a cat, or blow everyone up.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2015, 09:40:26 PM »
I understand. But I still don't personally like mind control (i have been saying that pretty much the whole time). It's just I don't like it. But I'm not the GM so this is all opinion. You don't need to explain everything to me.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: December 19, 2015, 09:43:13 PM »
I've noticed Alex :P. It seems that you've turned a Psionic Character into the equivalent of a Wild Mage. Lets hope he doesn't change someone into a cat, or blow everyone up.

It's entirely new magic. It casts like regular spells, not with power points, it's very interesting. No random chicken transformation though lol

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #313 on: December 19, 2015, 10:49:16 PM »
Is there room in this rp for one more?
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
  • Species: Jackal
  • Coloring: Dark Gray
  • Height: 1.8m/6ft
  • Build: Beef cake or average.
  • Currently: Inventory and General Merchandising Manager; still not getting paid enough
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2015, 02:04:25 AM »
Mind control?

Jesus didn't die for this.
~
Art by Horrorbuns. Character is mine.
Feel free to message me anytime, I'm not as much of a jerk as I seem.