The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Classical Music!  (Read 3158 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Classical Music!
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
So what do you furs like? Do you like to get epic with Bach's iconic Symphony 5. in C minor? Do you like to build suspense with Hall of the Mountain King? Do you like to fly over Vietnam with Ride of the Valkyries or weep in the rain with moonlight Sonata? What's your favourite classical song and what do you tend to listen to?
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Kozy

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox :3
  • Coloring: Milk chocolate w/ darker tips, spring green eyes, lighter creamish bib and belly
  • Build: Chibi / slim quadrupedal
  • Currently: Shy / Lonely
Re: Classical Music!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »
I'm not too picky, I've listened to classical since I was tiny. I've been listening to symphonic poems and promethian pieces recently, they always take me to other places.

Offline ShilaSiku

• Boisterous Bear
  • Name means Fire and Ice
    • Awards
  • Species: Malamute
  • Coloring: Black & White
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Looking good ;)
  • Currently: F.U.N.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »
I always listen to classical solo piano when I am doing school work
In ancient times, the land lay covered in forests,  where, from ages long past, dwelt the spirits of
the gods. Back then, man and beast lived in harmony, but as time went by, most of the great
forests were destroyed. Those that remained were guarded by gigantic beasts who owed their
allegiances to the Great Forest Spirit. For those were the days of gods and of demons...

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 02:15:08 AM »
Allow me to introduce you guys to one of the greatest Russian romantic composers Sergei Rachmaninoff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJpJ8REjvqo

This is one of my favorite pieces and the piano is a standout instrument here. How it is used to begin the entire piece is just so powerful and moving. I feel that the piano tells a story the way it weaves in and out throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLwG3ioD4Y&list=FLLzP-SFcIGLRxOt911EHJdA&index=615
Apparently someone else thought so too  XD

• Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline ShilaSiku

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:14:29 AM »
that was amazing
In ancient times, the land lay covered in forests,  where, from ages long past, dwelt the spirits of
the gods. Back then, man and beast lived in harmony, but as time went by, most of the great
forests were destroyed. Those that remained were guarded by gigantic beasts who owed their
allegiances to the Great Forest Spirit. For those were the days of gods and of demons...

Offline Caesium Iodide

• Handsome Horse
  • COMMISSIONS OPEN!
    • Awards
  • Species: (Adult??) Werewolf!
  • Coloring: Blue, gray, yellow and black
  • Height: 6’8” I keep getting taller :/
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Rather curvy, fills everything well.
  • Currently: Perhaps wanting to relive time from high school.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 06:36:33 AM »
I like all kinds of classical music, I'm not picky with which composer I listen to. Classical is just easy listening to me and fits a calm mood better. I also listen to classical to fall asleep and when I work on schoolwork.
Find me on amino, Twitter and patreon:
@/Cryptik_Mystic
My commissions are open. I specialize in badges but that’s not my limit! Send me a DM anywhere if you have a question or interest.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 06:38:59 AM »
i play fox amoore mostly so i can do things
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline ShilaSiku

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »
I like all kinds of classical music, I'm not picky with which composer I listen to. Classical is just easy listening to me and fits a calm mood better. I also listen to classical to fall asleep and when I work on schoolwork.
Same here

Offline The Magic Otter

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • It's an otterly bizarre extravaganza!
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Brown and light brown (the image is just a placeholder)
  • Height: 5"6
  • Currently: Living an empty existance.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 01:25:59 AM »
Two of my favourite classical pieces are 'moonlight sonata' and 'the blue Danube'
  • Avatar by: Some image i found on google that i liked, when found i will give proper accreditation.
The immensity of boops I shall bestow are equal to the very atoms which exist in the universe! Thus, this shall be my gift to the world, a boop of many, a boop to end all boops!
*gives a boop.*

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 07:07:29 AM »
Im not really sure if this is in the same genre as classical but it is still a amazing piece of music to me....
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7MFXzOyqU
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline MaskaTheOtter

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Still, The last Naturologist in the world.
    • Awards
  • Species: River Otter
  • Coloring: Light Brown
  • Height: Anthro: 6' 2" Feral: 42"
  • Weight: Anthro: 170 lbs Feral: 25 lbs
  • Build: I am fit and strong, great swimmer
  • Currently: Swimming
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 07:56:47 AM »
I have always enjoyed Brahms' 4th Symphony In E Minor.
I am back. Please message me!

The one pilot that is crazy enough to fly anything!

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »
I like most true classical (esp Mozart and Beethoven) but enjoy Baroque through Romantic.  I love piano pieces (being a pianist) but full symphonic work is where it's at for me.  To see live it's like watching magic being made, a sum greater than the whole of the individuals.  But I like weird twists on classical pieces too.

This performance of Summer from Vivaldi's Four Seasons on accordion... it should be funny but I find it spectacular.

Extreme Accordion Skills

Offline Kozy

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox :3
  • Coloring: Milk chocolate w/ darker tips, spring green eyes, lighter creamish bib and belly
  • Build: Chibi / slim quadrupedal
  • Currently: Shy / Lonely
Classical Music!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 06:33:27 PM »
I don't get Wolfgang Mozart, his music is very minimal and generic for the time, that's why he had so many compositions. Beethoven is great though. Of all the Mozarts I prefer Leopold Mozart, he came first anyway. It's the same for Vivaldi, of all the seasonal suites I find him syrupy and among the worst.

Romantic is my preference, romantic is all about counter-culture, scenes, incidence and drama. It's like a soundtrack but as with the symphonic poems, can be very magical and extraordinary at the same time. Modern classical like The Planets is interesting, too, it almost doesn't sound like anything before it.

I always find chamber music interesting to watch, or something very posh at a restaurant and such if you know what I mean.

For romantic I like my imagination to take me over. The symphonic poems are like animation in the mind, no wonder Disney and other greats referenced its works in say Fantasia, Sorcerer's Apprentice, etc. It's the foundation to the modern wonders in soundtracks and such, the evolution of spectacular music.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »
Well, I don't know if I can let that go without adding my two cents ;)

The Classical period (where we find W A Mozart) was in art, architecture and music a departure from the fluff and decoration of the Baroque period and in essence a retro celebration of Western tradition.  So simplicity was the ideal, not in the sense of easy but more like perfection.  Newtonian physics showed the order to the universe and that was the principle which underpinned the style.

So it's true to say Mozart represented the apex of his craft within that style.  He was minimal in the sense that any unnecessary notes, structure or decoration were gilding the lily of otherwise "perfect" music.  He was generic both in that he adhered to the style of the time but also that he is the gold standard by which other composers of the time are measured (even Haydn who came first). 

As to why he had so many compositions, whether his style is to one's taste or not, it is not because his music was just very basic and he churned it out like some hack.  He was simply a genius who had enormous creative drive.

He loved improvisation and dirty jokes and in modern times I think he would have been just as amazing as a giant of jazz.

The tragedy of his short life is that, unlike Beethoven, he didn't get to move with the times and write Romantic work.

So by all means, if he's not you're thing that's fine, but chances are what you really mean is you don't like the classical period and if you do like some other work from the same era chances are the lack of ability of the composer is what create the "imperfection" which is what appeals.  After all the counter-culture of Romanticism is basically a cry of "hey this perfection isn't as good as it's cracked up to be!".

A friend of mine who hates Mozart puts it this way: "I don't like neat music and Mozart was the neatest composer of all time" XD

Anyway here's one of Mozart's works where he uses his neatness for an entirely dirty result ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78HBp-Youk

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 03:31:26 PM »
I've always found "perfect" music to be deeply satisfying, while I am one for some imperfect tunes I do head more towards well structured and organized music, not a jazz fan for example.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";