The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Start  (Read 4519 times)

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
A New Start
« on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
A figure moves through the dully-lit town, the sun having set only hours ago. Dressed in a cloak, she hides her features from anyone passing, having the hood of the cloak pulled over her head and her mask pulled up to the end of the scar on her muzzle. Her horns, however, jut out of the cloak like a sore thumb. However, she uses an illusion spell to keep them hidden from the view of the people here in Arcadius. Her ears flick to the sound of barking, some merchants aiming to sell their wares to the night owls in this town. It's a small town, not like the town of Arcadia, but more of a smaller branch. On this isle, the dogs/wolf species made their home, towns and tribes scattered about the densely forested isle. This was  huge difference from Kendian, the Isle of Cats. Half the island there is made of one large forest and the other half a desert area. The towns there flourished anynway, since Arcadius and Kendian were the main trading islands. Ralfin, the island of Reptiles and Amphibians, is made up of desert as well as huge fresh and salt water lakes. Elkimean and Elercrest are the Elves and Avians islands. Elkimean, the Elves (Anthro creatures only, but with more elven features), a less densely forested island than Arcadius, only has one town and is a lesser trading port. Elercrest, the Avians, is made up of forests, mountains, deserts, and a few lakes here and there. Having been there, Kitane was a bit more welcomed, but only let her wings show. If ther horns came out, then she would have been taken and possibly killed immediately. She shudders at the thought, walking through this small town to get to the town of Arcadia, located along the edge of the island. That was where the docks were for the airships. That was where she needed to go. Keeping herself cloaked, she continues there, the lights dimming behind her as she goes.
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
Re: A New Start
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
He'd watched her for some time. Where was she headed he'd wondered to himself. Sorin was like her, he could feel it. Eventually the docks seemed like the only likely option for her destination. There he could help her. Sorin was on of the best workers on the midnight shifts at the docks. Although most furs couldn't stand dragons, hell some down right ignored their existence Sorin's unique abilities had made him a valuable asset down at the docks. Feeling they'd met soon Sorin headed to The Kraken's Reef, the tavern that the Dock Master frequented. Sorin knew the fur he'd been watching would end up there somehow.
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:22:48 PM »
"Guards!  Guards!"  The shout rang out through the crowd, panic spreading as furs ran in every direction, people turning to look in the direction of the shout. A strange scene emerged in the rapidly emptying street, between rows of market stalls and high-walled buildings of the airship docks merchant district.

Five figures stood in the centre of attention. Furs of every type running to get out from between them, carts overturned in their hurry to escape into alleyways. An old wolf cloaked in robes of red and luxurious quality stood with his arms thrown out, the voice of the cry for help, two more wolves flanking him drew swords from sheaths hidden under their own cloaks. Across the street from them oddly a twin of the red-robed wolf clutched at thin air and gasped, a blade plunged savagely through his back and burst out through his chest. A pained look of surprise on his aged face. Behind him the owner of the blade looked up, her golden eyes just visible past the scarf around her muzzle showed equal surprise, both hands on the sword that was sunk up to the hilt in the wolf's back.

As though in slow motion the wolf collapsed to his knees and then with a shimmering flash shattered into a thousand fragments of crystalline light, as did the two twinned guards who stood beside him. A chill wind whipped at Katka's scarf as she stood in the middle of the deserted street, enchanted glass falling to the cobbles around her. She stared at the actual robed wolf and cursed under her breath.  "Frack... A mirror image..."

A look of incredulous anger flared in the eyes of the wolf, pointing in her direction with another shout as his two bodyguards advanced with swords drawn "Guards! Kill her!"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:15:03 PM by Kitt / Katka »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:29:05 AM »
The cat was leaning on a railing as he waited for the airships to prep, clearly choosing public transportation over the liability of getting lost and falling to his death in mid flight. “Are you daft,” Leo seemingly groaned to himself. A voice echoed in his head in response to his question, it's tone was that of something charismatic, but with alternate motives.

“Caring for your health is one of my main concerns, that's why I sent you shopping in the night.”

“And... that helps me how? Granted yes, I know what this is limited too.... but I don't think giving me a 'ROB ME'  shopping list that requires me to go to the backwater portions of town is a grand idea.”

“Oh please Leo, a good thousand of years you have lived, when a thieves life is born of gold and dies in dungeons. Surely, you had no problems with this. Enjoy your flight home. Tata~”

The cat frowned to the final response, and slowly shook his head. He took a moment to look over the airships in the docks, to see if they were ready to board yet, before turning his attention to the sky. Clouds of industrialized smoke filled the air. Disguising themselves, but fooling no one with it's contents of soot and pollution.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events This user has donated to the forum.
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 02:20:16 AM »
A silhouette of what appeared to be a reptile, was moving across the roof tops of many houses. The person running across the rooftops was wearing a hooded shirt that was light grey in the frontal chest and stomach area. It was also wearing a backpack and a pair of pale blue jeans. It didn't seemed to be wearing any kind of shoes though, likely because they would have been ripped in the front due to the reptile's talons on his feet. Ironically, the clawed feet seemed to make no noise as the reptile took each step, signalling the reptile was light on his or her feet. The hooded figure came to a stop when it came to a jump between someone's balcony and the building it was currently on. It stepped back a few feet before it ran forward towards the ledge. The reptile jumped, when it was close enough to grab the balcony's ledge, it did and grabbed onto the ledge of the balcony, before it pulled itself onto the surface balcony. It began walking up to the glass door that lead into a bedroom that was vacant of anyone else.

The Reptile reached for the door's handle before giving it a small tug, it didn't budge, but it did buckle slightly, meaning it was locked and that it was a pull. The reptile spoke just muttered just then, "Great..." His voice sounded young, and smooth, yet also deep, signalling it was young male. He let out a huff before taking his hood off for a second, reviling his brown scaled face with hazel eyes. This was the raptor known as Thamir, an eighteen year old night thief. He then said while digging into his pocket, "I can see why these come in handy every once and a while." He took out a single lock pick before crouching down and putting the hooked end of the pick into the door's lock.

Eventually, there was a click and the lock came undone. He smiled before opening the door and taking a step inside, intruding the house. "That was easier than I thought it would be..." He immediately put his hood back on before beginning to explore the house for its treasures.
Domo arigato...

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:23:18 AM »
It wasn't a long walk from the small town to Arcadia, but a quiet one to say the least. Even with her taloned feet, she moved quietly among the grass and trees, having her hood pulled down as she went. Nearing the main town, and re-applying the illusion to her horns, she pulls the hood back up, making sure that she was still obscured by prying eyes. Looking at the moon for a brief second, she walks into the town, curling her tail around her leg with a slight flick of her ears. She quickens her pace and almost enters into a sprint before being bumped into by several red-cloaked guards. She growls and starts to pull down her mask, getting it about to her slightly open maw halfway before pulling it back up quickly. Now wasn't the time to cause destruction because the guard thought she was a beggar. With a snort, she enters the nearest tavern, The Kraken's Reef, which was somewhat close to the docks. She moves over to the bar, sitting quickly after stretching her back and ordering ginger ale. It wasn't the time to be getting drunk. Not here, and certainly not now. Not with everything she had to do.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 03:54:18 AM »
With a light bored sigh, The feline pulled away from the railing after being told by one of the workers that the ship will not be ready for a while. His gaze continued to remain on the horizon sky. Through his many years of life, it had always been a line of beauty for him to draw upon, no matter the pollution of now compared to then. But regardless, he figured he might as well do something else with his time.

The cat's attention dropped from the sky to the road ahead of him, where he made way to a local "Dive" as he'd call it due to the shady people who enters it. But formally known as the Kracken's Reef.

Once he approached the door, he smoothed out the wrinkles from his waist coat, and enters through the doorway.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:48 AM »
Sorin looked up as a cat like fur entered the tavern looking rather upper class with his fancy waist coat. Ignoring the new costumer he turned back to the woman he'd been tailing. She seemed to appear as a beggar to most of the patrons though Sorin could have swore he saw horns. Another dragon! Could it be! He focused slowly on her again and started to pour her ginger ale. Sorin had made his fair share of friends and so he had no problems being where he'd be most useful.

"Ginger Ale aye? Must be a busy night if you are drinking so light." Sorin said the woman with a smile. "They call me Sorin, what do they call you?" Sorin watched as the patrons of the bar paid no mind to the beggar at the bar. He hoped she'd not do anything to crazy once he told her that he was a dragon. He could tell there was magic about this one and these patrons hated magic.

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 05:08:03 AM »
Her ears flick slightly at the barkeep, her head tilting slightly. Pulling a bit of parchment from under her cloak, she grabs a nearby quill and begins to write. Her name scrawled on the paper, and a small note: 'I'm Kitane, and there's many things about to happen tonight.' She taps a finger gingerly on the bar, pulling down her mask to take a quick drink and revealing a slight scar between her nostrils. She holds her breath as she drinks, for breathing out of her mouth could be quite dangerous. Her scales shimmer silver in the dim lighting, but she pulls the mask up quickly after setting the glass down. She writes another note on the paper. 'Thank you for the drink.' It reads. She gives a faint nod before starting to get up from the stool. Her white eyes seem to glow under the cloak, giving an eerie feel to her being.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 12:14:40 PM »
The guards advanced upon the young woman with swords drawn, glancing between each other and back to her, hooded and cloaked under a long overcoat of muted grey. Katka's eyes snapped from the robed wolf to his bodyguards as she breathed a resigned sigh from behind her scarf. "Fine... We do this the hard way." In two swift steps she met the first red-cloaked guard, as he started to try and circle her past a market stall of spices. She swung her falchion blade from a two-handed stance into her right hand and caught him deftly across the chest. The wolf crumpled with a yell of pain, blood spattering the cobbles as Katka jinked aside him and lunged for the second guard with a two-handed thrust.

His reactions were faster however and their swords met with a clash of steel on steel. With a roar he brought the pommel of his sword back round, sparks flying as it slid over Katka's blade, straight into her stomach with a blow that knocked the air from her lungs. Not content with simply throwing her off guard the wolf swung for a second blow, this time bringing a gauntleted fist straight into her muzzle with a sickening crunch. The young fey staggered as the guard tore her hood and scarf back, revealing her moonlight-scaled maw and two vibrant fey feathers that ran down to the nape of her neck alongside her plaited hair.

The taste of her own blood was sharp on her lips as Katka caught herself, planting two feet squarely down before she hit the ground. Approaching again with a twisted grin on his muzzle the guard's eyes glinted behind the visor of his helmet, swinging his sword lazily from side to side. With a sudden ferocity however the fey dragon-kin dropped and kicked, long feathered tail lashing out from under her cloak and catching the wolf across the legs. He fell with a roar, crashing down to the cobbles as Katka deftly swung her sword up over her head and brought the blade down into the guard's chest, pinning him to the street as blood stained the earth. Jaw clenched she looked up, golden Fey eyes meeting the gaze of the last robed wolf.

For a moment the aged wolf stared at her, then with a roar he uttered the last words she wanted to hear. "Dragon... DRAGON!"  He started to run, dodging left through an archway into another street, all the while shouting "Guards!  Sound the alarm!" With a swift glance over her shoulder Katka cursed and set chase, pulling her sword from the body of the fallen guard as she leaped to her feet. From somewhere behind her the sound of a bell started to ring, it's steady clanging tone ringing out across the merchant district as the sound of many hobnailed boots and guards shouting filled the cobbled streets.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:17:54 PM by Kitt / Katka »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 08:46:04 PM »
The tempered feline looked over his shoulder for a moment before closing the door to the tavern behind himself. Once he turned around, his pupiless had already caught the gaze of several drunken patrons. "Just my look," the cat thought to himself as he made way up to the bar, "Three seconds in and a bar fight is a brewin. Let's see... the record of peace is..... six minutes."

Quietly the lanky feline pulled a stool from the bar and moved to take a seat. As he was about to lower himself down the man next to him had kicked the chair out from under him causing the cat to fall to the ground with a loud yelp. "Starting... now," he noted to himself.

His hand scratched at his head after looking up to a sour looking boar. "Eh... that wasn't too nice, youngster,"The cat sighed, placing his hand on the chair to try and set it up straight. The chair was kicked again, this time propelling much further.

"I don't give a crap about your feelings boy," The boar roared, and in response the patron's laughed. Leo gave a light smile, and this time slowly placed his hand on the counter, and lifted himself off the ground with a displeased huff. "Oh, that's to bad because I feel that someone is trying to make a point. But... fine, I'll stay."

With that said, three other's had slowly slid out of their chairs and sauntered up to the lone feline, who was now leaning on the bar. The only recognition of the danger he was now facing was a small batter of a large ear.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »
The bells could be heard throughout Arcadia, forcing merchants and store owners to close up shop and those on the streets to return home quickly. Among the guards, walking at a brisk pace, was a jackal in heavy armor but without a helmet. A long red cape flowed out behind him as he walks, his ears perked and listening to the sound of the bells. "A dragon, eh?" He murmurs, his long tail swishing lazily over the dirt. "We haven't had one of those since Prince Ka'eth surfaced years ago." A smirk crosses his muzzle. "Now they think they can come back and gain control? I think not." He says, drawing his sword. It was made of celestial steel and a certain type of copper, gears sitting inside of it and sharpened to a point. There were places open on the blade where the gears rested, they whirred steadily with a press of a single button on the hilt. The General made his way down the street, now sprinting to catch up with the rest of his men.

In the tavern, Kitane froze when she heard the bells, her pupils turning to slits as she looks to the door. She flicks her gaze to the window, watching the guards all run past. Then the one she hadn't expected to see: General Ferrar. She snarls under her breath, her ears flattening under the cloak. He was the replacement for General Neo, and he had turned Shadowlyn and her islands into something miserable. She also knew that he had betrayed everyone in all the islands by committing a certain act. A crime that could get him killed. She stands abruptly, knocking the stool over as she pulls back her hood, revealing long, luscious purple hair and eyes that were as white as the moon's light. Her horns remained illusory still, the forest green mask covered her muzzle and went down to the base of her neck to make a scarf. Her ears were still pinned back with a gaze that seemed as though it could rip through a single person in one stare. She walks to the door, gripping the hilts of her swords and looking straight ahead. This wasn't something she expected to encounter, but it was worth it to save one of her kind.

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events This user has donated to the forum.
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 11:12:03 PM »
Thamir was finally done with the house after a few minutes. He left from were he entered before closing the door. He made sure to keep everything clean on the inside so the owner of the home wouldn't freak out and become suspicious. He walked to the ledge of the balcony before deciding to drop down into the sand. Once he landed, he began to walk back to his home with a backpack full of jewelry. Of course, he knew the guards were becoming more and more abundant, likely due to there being reports of people having their house's robbed of various valuable things. All he would have to do is be careful and not get caught by any guards. Otherwise he would be put in jail for years, or killed for how many people he stole from while they were unaware of his presence in their homes.
Domo arigato...

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 11:33:16 PM »
Helios heard the guards marching through the streets. Not too unusual for the city. But when he saw General Ferrar pass by his window he began to worry. "Dragon!" Someone yelled from outside. Sorin was worried now. Ferrar had a hatred of dragons that burned so deep that he and Sorin had crossed words and fists on several occasions. The woman, Kitane, made a move to her swords and the front door he knew trouble was coming. He followed close behind Kitane and quietly whispered in her ear. "I'm on your side. We've got to stay calm though we are vastly outnumbered." With that Sorin pressed his hand to his right arm and ran it up the length from his elbow to his fist a piece of steel that plated the area turning from a simple guard to a blade. What ever happened today, this was the last time Sorin would see Arcadia.

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 12:35:41 AM »
Her ear flicks to Sorin's words, nodding slightly as she pulls the door open. She looks back at the cat, slamming he tail into the ground to knock his attackers off their feet. She motions for him to follow her, sensing that he was somehow linked to this whole situation. With a soft snort, she steps outside and pulls off the cloak. Beneath it, she wears a blue 'x' shaped shirt and a simple pair of cargo shorts. Strapped at the waist sat her dual blades, made of celestial steel and a certain type of captured fire. She pauses, glancing around with a slight flick of her ears. She certainly sensed another dragon, and Ferrar was known to be a professional dragon slayer. She growls, starting after the guards with her eyes glowing dangerously.