The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Start  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
Re: A New Start
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »
A hiss escapes her teeth as the ointment touched the wound, but she remains still for Katka to treat it. A slight wince crosses her muzzle as the gauze is tied tightly. She nods to the fey in thanks, her tail swishing slightly. Her attention turns to Gurigan and Sorin, listening to the conversation. She had to wonder if the ship captain remembered her or not. It was probably the latter. Her ears flick slightly to Sorin's question and she nods, but knowing the question wasn't directed at her. She stands slowly, walking to the far edge of the dock where a rope ladder hung on the side of the Sphinx's Companion. Curling her talons into the warped wood, she unfolds her wings and takes flight, though rather painfully. Gripping her side gingerly, she flaps her wings a couple more times before landing on the ship's deck a little less harshly. It takes her a moment to stand properly, her wound throbbing a bit more than she thought. A misjudged landing often does that to a wound like this.
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2014, 12:13:57 AM »
Katka watched the conversation between Sorin and the lion captain with a curious air. Her tail flicked idly as, half-hidden behind the folds her her scarf, a grin teased the corner of her lips. She watched Sorin with that lustrous golden gaze, arms folded across her chest as she waited until the captain had turned back to his ship. "You seem to hold great sway over that man...  I would not have thought him to offer us passage after that." Slowly she unfolded her arms, watching as Kitane walked to the far end of the jetty beside the great hull of the airship. She met Sorin's gaze with a level stare and then sighed, her shoulders falling slightly as she bowed her head and closed her eyes. "I am fine... It is the dragoness you travel with for whom you should be more worried.  I am merely weary after that fight, such a deflection of powerful magic is draining, even for me... But I will recover quickly." With a smirk she pulled her scarf down a little to expose her muzzle and sharp moonlight teeth, glancing back up to Sorin before walking past him with an amused grin. One hand on her hip, feather-tipped tail swishing in time to her steps, she followed Kitane and glanced over her shoulder to him with that same grin. "Besides, I am no lady... That's simply 'Fey' to you..."

Walking down the length of the dock to where Kitane had jumped up aboard the ship Katka followed by more mundane means, slowly climbing the rope ladder, she clambered onto the deck with a grunt. She glanced across to the dragoness with a worried look behind her scarf and frowned slightly, glancing down the length of the airship deck with an appraising eye as the ships crew busied themselves with preparing for launch.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »
Sorin watched the Fey walk away a little awe struck at her body which looked particularly shapely in the light of the open docks. Sorin stared until she threw her head back to address him and he turned his attention else where to avoid her line of sight. He followed Kitane and Katka to the ship looking over every detail of it taking in the sight. Sorin had always wanted a ship of his own. To sail the skies, and travel the world. He smiled knowing he might actually get to finally live that dream with the help of these two.

"Hoist the anchor men we are off!" Gurigan shouted to his men after the hour had passed quickly. The ship lurched forward taking all three of the dragons off balance. With in moments the ship was high above the clouds. As they sped towards Shadowlyn, Sorin held out his hands letting the clouds run through his fingers. "Don't get to comfy you three. Up here storms could come at any moment. So be on the watch."

Sorin nodded to the captain, then turned to the girls. "So Kitane why are we headed to Shadowlyn anyway?"
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
She jots a quick note down on a piece of parchment after nodding to Gurigan and regaining her balance.

'If we get to Shadowlyn, we can find refuge there. Ferrar is probably underground, beneath Arcadia, getting his arm regenerated or some weird magic. I have several facts on him that could get him beheaded if they were revealed to the right people. It includes the previous General.'

Her ears flick slightly, a short, but vivid memory of General Neo and his daughter, Hikari. She shakes her head before looking at the clouds, leaning gently on the railing as she looks down. Below, she could see faint shadows, knowing what they were, but not acknowledging them until they absolutely became a threat.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 02:36:13 AM »
Katka watched Sorin down on the level of the docks with an amused air, leaning against the handrail of the airship, tail swishing lazily as she glanced across to Kitane. "That Dragon you travel with, he is a funny one... He has the greedy eyes of mortal youth and a strong fire in his heart to match." She eyed the dragoness carefully, her gaze slowly moving to the bandaged wound at her side, before returning to the view of the docks, washed in morning sunlight.

As the ship lurched into motion the fey drake fell heavily against the rail, grabbing hold as she steadied herself. Wearily she leaned against the carved wood and brass side of the deck, watching Sorin play with the first wisps of scudding white cloud. As the captain tramped past she couldn't help but smile slightly and met his gaze as he turned to them.

"It has been a long time since I was aboard a ship such as this...  I flew myself all the way to the isle of Arcadius the first time actually." A faint smile twitched at the corner of her lips as she looked away, turning to the rail of the ship again and unfolding her wings. She glanced over her shoulder, the wind whipping at the tasselled end of her moonlight scarf, watching as Kitane scribbled down another message. "Of course, I was a much younger Fey back then.  I am not in such good shape that I could make the flight again easily!" She chuckled slightly sheepishly under her breath, but then sighed. Her vibrant wings glinted bright hues of purple and red and gold, bathing as Katka did in the warm sunlight, her arms folded as she leaned heavily with her elbows against the deck handrail, watching clouds slide by below the ship.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:52:06 AM by Kitt / Katka »

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 02:27:46 PM »
Sorin watched Katka enamored by her wings. Her beauty was undeniable. Her scales were a soft and vibrant turquoise. Her wings were massive, something Sorin had wished he had himself. Shaking himself back to reality Sorin watched the clouds from the back of the ship. Though he was excited to leave Arcadiu, he was also sad to leave his home, but who knew perhaps these two would be the friends he'd always wanted.

"Pay attention you three! We will be in Shadowlyn in an hour!"

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
She gives a slight nod to Katka's words, flicking her ears as she looks out at the deck. Her attention turns back to the shadows beneath the clouds, one of them had gotten slightly more noticeable. How she hated the Sky-Pirates. Such a hate that could burn through centuries of wars and skirmishes. There was a part of Shadowlyn that had died, the trees and grass all blacker than the night. It was because a human Sky-Pirate had set foot on the sacred land. No one dared go near, but wouldn't let it get any farther. Instead, they called upon the archer and bounty hunter: Mizukei. She'd managed to snipe the being back off the island, without touching the corruption that it had made. No one was allowed near there. If any had managed to travel there, then they would surely become one of the Corrupt. She snarls softly and turns away from the railing, her tail swishing rather agitatedly. Her attention snaps up to when Gurigan spoke, then moved back to watch the clouds as they floated past.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2014, 02:15:39 AM »
Katka looked up as Gurigan marched past again, nodding at his statment. Her eyes met Sorin's for a brief moment before she glanced away again, giving a flutter of her wings as she pulled them close to her back, then slowly turned from the railing with a flick of her feather-tipped tail.

The young fey gave a slight sigh as she walked over to a long wooden chest that stood bolted down to the deck, making use of it as a bench as she sat down heavily. She stretched wearily and leaned back against the railing as she looked up to Sorin. "So... How do two dragons such as yourselves come to be travelling together?"  She pushed the tails of her jacket aside and shifted to try and get comfortable, glancing between both of them, watching as Kitane stared into the clouded distance. "And come to mention it... what even are your names?"

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 07:23:40 PM »
Kitane's wings flare out from her back as she looks back below the railing, and without thinking she starts using sign language. 'I'm Kitane, and I met him at the tavern before the commotion started.' Her gaze watches the shadows swirling below, her ears perked slightly. Folding her wings again, her tail twitches as it brushes over the deck. 'I need to go speak with Gurigan.' She signs quickly, moving away from the railing and moving to the captain's quarters. She steps gingerly across the deck, but quickly, her wound throbbing slightly.

Below the clouds and beneath the ship, a snarl erupts, one of a feral beast. A one-eyed Ferality-stricken captain commands his crew to go higher, above these clouds. One of his crew had spotted an airship, and he recognized it as his brother's ship. "So Gurigan still lives, eh?" The rather large lion grinned. It was a cynical grin, yet one that of a soul out for blood. His ship ascends slowly, but it would reach Gurigan's before they made it to their destination.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »
"I am Sorin Gold-Scale." Sorin said with a low sweeping bow. Again he couldn't help, but stare at Katka. He would have stared for sometime longer if it hadn't been for a loud roar. Looking around Sorin saw Gurigan's face turn sour and his ears pin back. Sighing he followed Gurigan line of sight until he saw another ship and frowned. That ship would catch them long before they got to Shadowlyn. "Guess today will stay exciting."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 11:34:13 PM »
Katka stared as Kitane signed with a series of rapid and deft movements of her clawed hands, the fey drake watching with a look of hard-fought concentration as she leaned forward slightly where she sat. Suddenly Kitane walked away towards the rear of the ship, leaving Katka with a slightly bemused look, watching the dragonesses tail swish over the planking of the deck as she walked away.

She turned to Sorin and raised an eyebrow, a grin teasing the corner of her lips as he bowed almost low enough for his horns to scrape the deck. "A pleasure to meet you Sorin, I'm sure..." With a languid flick of her bright feather-tipped tail she pushed herself to her feet, watching Sorin with one hand on her thick hips, the other adjusting her scarf wich covered much of her muzzle as it hung around her neck. With that same bemused look she pulled her scarf down far enough to uncover her muzzle. "I'm sorry, but I didn't really catch everything your friend said... She said her name is Kitane? Unfortunately I'm not an expert in..." She mimed with her hands the sign language Kitane used, ending a little lamely as she followed Sorin's gaze towards the shadowy silhouette of a pursuing airship.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014, 03:20:39 AM »
"Yes, Kitane she's interesting to say the least, though we've only just met." Pointing to the large boat headed towards them Sorin smiled. "Something tells me that's going to cause trouble. Hope you've come prepared." Sorin could feel his body shake in anticipation, he was ready for a fight.

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 05:24:06 AM »
Turning, her ears flatten as the rival ship begins to come closer, a soft growl emitting from her throat. She slams her tail against the deck, cracking the boards as she draws her swords. Her wound throbs at the quick motion, but she ignores it and moves back to the railing, ready to fight.

Gurigan's ship was coming clearer into view, the captian of the Crimson Archer grinning as he stands on the railing of the ship. His one eye gleams with bloodlust as he holds his sword at the ready. "Be prepared men, there seem to be new recruits on this ship." He grinned, following the glinting of swords and frantic movement. It wouldn't take too much longer before they could get to a safe distance to board.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 01:20:25 AM »
Katka stood beside Sorin, watching the airship approach as it burst through the cloud layer to meet them. Slowly she pushed her scarf back up to cover her muzzle and glanced across to Sorin with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, I was under the impression you two were companions..." She trailed off into silence as the ship grew nearer, wind whipping over the deck as Gurigan pushed his airship to the limit, yet despite this the gap slowly closed between the two ships slowly minute by minute. Katka gave a wearied sigh and reached over her back, drawing her falchion blade with a rasp of steel, her tail swishing with a slight limp weariness to it as well. She took in a deep breath and gave the sword a deft swing with her wrist before glancing to Sorin again with a grin. "I'm always prepared..."

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »
The captain of the Crimson Archer grins, a sarcastic laugh bursting from him. "Set the planks and attack!" He says, thrusting his sword forward. "Kill them all!" He grins, standing on the edge of his ship.

Kitane's ears flick and she moves her arm upward, sending a volley of projectiles off one of her blades. The movement causes pain to flare in her side, but she barely pays it any mind. A few of the projectiles hit their mark, hitting two of the enemy pirates before coming back to her blade. It was better for her to stay at a distance, rather than get up close and fight due to her injury.