The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Start  (Read 4517 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: A New Start
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »
Her breath was hard and ragged as Katka ran, boots pounding on the cobbled streets as she gave chase to the wolf. A brief glimpse of his flowing crimson robes as he darted through another archway, heading towards the Calibra square, she cursed at how fast the old man seemed able to run and barrelled through after him. The streets were deserted as she ran but all around the constant clang, clang, clang of the bells resounded off the walls from tall watchtowers that dotted the sloping roofs of the city. Turning the corner she finally caught sight of him again, still running towards the open square pooled in sunlight. Overhead a small airship soared low over the rooftops, daubed in the red and gold livery of the city guards it belched smoke as it roared past. With another curse Katka sprinted down the street after the wolf, dodging aside abandoned carts and crates of merchant wares. Every other breath soon became a curse to all the gods she knew at how the task could have gone so wildly wrong.

But even as she neared the grand northern archway, one of two gates that opened out onto Calibra square, there was a deafening crash to her left. One of the many doors onto the street burst open and two guards spilled out, clearly responding to the harsh bells as more of them jostled to exit after them. Without breaking stride Katka met the first of the young men with cold steel and an agonizing scream. Blood flecked the earthen wall behind him and the Fey drake plunged her blade into the second, even as he fumbled with his sword in its sheath. With a yell she kicked him from her falchion, bright red blood flowing up to its hilt as he stumbled back through the doorway into his comrades. From inside shouts of confusion and anger as Katka slammed the door shut with all her strength, overturning a nearby cart and jamming it against the furious slamming of gauntleted fists on the other side.

Breaking back into a run, with the smell of blood rank in her nostrils, she burst out into the square. Blinking in the bright sunlight that pooled around tall marble pillars and the wide cobbled space. As with the streets behind her it was empty, save for one. In the centre of the square a great statue proudly bore its sword to the sky, encased in the smooth white of marble forever. At the foot of the statue curving steps lead up to a large plinth, at the top of which the red-robed wolf stood waiting. The old man's chest rose and fell heavily as he stared down at Katka, behind him on the opposite side of the square the southern gates stood shut and locked fast. Despite this he smiled, a mad laugh escaping his muzzle as he panted for breath. "Ahah-haha.... You have me cornered now, assassin!"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:55:53 AM by Kitt / Katka »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 06:07:10 AM »
The cat now slowly turned his head about in time to see a fist flying through the air, which was then ducked and grabbed tightly. “Nope... no record breaking,” the cat thought to himself as he gave the arm a sharp pull with his own body weight to pull the man closer, and push him over the counter. The second assault was another fist which met absolutely nothing but the air. In fact, the man was to drunk to even come near the cat. Instead, he had spun himself completely around and fell to the ground.

The last man came forward, he was probably the most sober out of the four, and had actually managed to score a hit on the cat's jaw. Leo's body twisted with the motion, causing him to wince in pain before having to quickly slip between two of the males as they both tried to grab him and hold him down. He snatched up a chair, and swung it through the air, striking one in the back of the head and taking him into unconsciousness. The next drunk who came at him was met with a sharp jab with the legs of the chair. It was then swung over head and down to his knee cap, creating a sickening crunch to the air.

“If you are going to fight someone,” Leo grunted, now raising up the chair, uisng it as a shield for the next punch. Along with the hard sound of impacted wood, a sickening crunch tore into the air from the boar's fist. “do so sober.”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »
The General comes upon the scene of the men trapped on this side of the wall and snarls loudly. Sprinting faster, he leaps up onto the wall and climbs, hold his sword in his teeth. With one final push, he leaps back onto the ground, spotting his prey and the guard she had been chasing. Ferrar stands to his full height, giving a faint flick of his sword (now in hand) as he walks up to them. "You think you can terrorize my homeland, Fey Drake? I won't allow it." He growls loudly, his eyes flickering from brown to blood red.

Kitane had followed the path the guards took, her ears perked forward. Now that no one was around, she dropped the illusion to reveal a pair of horns and a large set of wings at her back. She quickly takes flight and comes just above the rooftops, her eyes following the straggling line of guards. She glances up quickly, noting the rising sun as she soars overhead. She might only be able to see shadows in daylight, but she could still tell apart Ferrar's figure from everyone else's.
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 02:56:33 PM »
Sorin cursed out loud in his natural tongue something along the lines of Nyx be damned woman. He let his wings unfurl from underneath his cloak and with in moments he was just behind Kitane. Standing next to her he looked and looked around for a sign of where the General could be. Realizing he could hardly see more then shadows Sorin relaxed his body, closed his eyes, and listened intently. "You think you can terrorize my homeland, Fey Drake? I won't allow it!" Sorin could hear him, but to no avail he was easily drowned out by the flood of voices the other guards produced. In one final attempt to help out this fellow dragon he leaned over and whispered in Kitane's ears. "I'll distract them you just get whoever Ferrar is after out of here!" With that Sorin hopped of the building and landed in front of a group of six or seven guards. He quickly let out a jet of fire from his maw to draw the other city guard members to him. He knew Ferrar wouldn't come he was in a blood lust for this new dragon, but he knew the flame would draw the rest to him.

One of the guards took the first swing bringing down a long sword from a vertical position. Sorin brought up his arm blade and blocked it effortlessly, as he swung out effortlessly with his right leg tripping his first attacker who went stumbling into another. The next one attempted to pierce Sorin's chest. Sorin pressed his hands together and deconstructed the blade as it came in contact with his hand. The guard stood there dumbfounded as Sorin knocked him with his free hand causing the man to go unconscious. "This game is boring let's play something more entertaining." With that Sorin pressed his hand to the ground and suddenly the ground below the now thirty or so guards began to shift violently. "Now if you still wanna play you'll have to catch me." Sorin took off down a dark alley his new 'friends' following.
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:01 AM »
Step by step Katka slowly approached the broad sweeping plinth. She walked with a calm composure and sword hanging loosely at her side as the robed wolf watched her with a maniacal look in his eyes. "Foolish creature! You dare think you can kill me?"

The warm sunlight pooled around them, casting the fey's long shadow over the steps, a curious look in her golden eyes as she cocked her head to one side slightly. Her scarf fluttering in the slight summer breeze. "I killed your bodyguards... What makes you think you are any better than they?" Again she stepped slowly closer, thigh-high boots padding softly over the cobbles as her long feathered tail swished behind her, in time to those carefully slow steps.

"Ahaha! Those idiots?" With another desperate laugh the wolf clenched and unclenched his claws, bathed in the rising sun he took a final step back. "They were clearly paid more than their worth..." The dark red robes he wore brushed aside as he did so, slowly raising both hands. From underneath the robes sunlight glinted on a large medallion hung around his neck, a great teardrop of bright metal in the shape of a fiery comet, the symbol for the order of fire mages. The crazed glint in his eye grew as he threw out both hands as though to hurl a javellin, spittle flecking his maw he yelled  "Now... FACE YOUR DEMISE, DRAGON SCUM!"

The very air in the courtyard seemed to become heavy as a bright light flashed into life atop the plinth. In that brief moment Katka threw the long grey overcoat she wore aside, letting her great wings unfurl, their vibrant hues catching the sunlight. From the wolf's clawed hands a great roiling jet of flame burst forth, roaring and raging the blazing inferno engulfed the steps and much of the market square besides, a great wall of heat slamming into her in an instant. Clawing flames plunged to either side of her, but could not seem to touch the Fey drake. Gritting her teeth with eyes clenched shut Katka pushed against the great force of the inferno, boots slowly sliding back across the stone, the air in her lungs had become dry and hot. Roaring flames hissed and leapt all around as the cobbles underfoot slowly turned white hot and flowed like molten steel.

With a hiss as sudden as it started the fire extinguished, leaving the square blackened and charred, cobble stones pinging and creaking as they slowly cooled. A perfect circle remained around Katka's feet as she looked up into the wolf's eyes, seeing the sudden surprise and fear there. In the pale sunlight her wings glimmered iridescent and the slightest smile twitched at the corner of her lips. "I am no true dragon, mortal fool..." And with a blinding white flash of mana she brought her wings together, a great clap like thunder throwing the wolf mage from his feet, hurling him like a doll across the plinth and with a bone-shattering crunch into the base of the statue.

Wearily Katka climbed the steps and walked to the mage's body, crumpled and bloodied, his fur singed from the flare. In an offhand manner she hooked the chain of the comet medallion with her blade and raised it into the palm of her hand, snapping it from around the wolf's neck as she turned to face the new voice. She stared down at the figure of the general as he leaped  from the wall, medallion swinging from its chain in her one hand, bloodied sword in the other. For a moment she stood completely still and then cursed weakly under her breath "Oh frack..."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:52:00 AM by Kitt / Katka »

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 05:24:47 AM »
Ferrar watched the interesting spectacle, his eyebrow raising. "Interesting, young Fey." He says loudly, his ears perked forward. "Let's see what you can do against a true Dragon Slayer." He growls, his sword at the ready. Before he can make a move, an ice shard lands next to one of his hindpaws, causing him to look up. With a snarl, he flings fire into the air after the silver scaled dragon. "KITANE." He yells, raising his sword to the sky.

She dodges the fireball and counters with another ice spell, circling around and landing finally. She sheathes her swords before pulling her mask down, her tail lashing from side to side. Opening her mouth, she releases a burst of air at Ferrar. Having moved out of the way last second, the blast leaves a huge scar in the ground, following as far as the shrine. She hisses, looking around for him.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 08:23:20 PM »
Pressing his hands to the ground Sorin forced the cities pipes to burst flooding the streets with steam as he used his claws to quickly climb to the top of a building and spot Kitane in the middle of a fight with Ferrar. Making his way over as quickly as he could. Catching a view of Ferrar he dived head first at him and barreled into him. hitting the ground rolling he ran to the side of the fey drake who'd been mistakenly called a dragon. "Don't you worry miss we're here to rescue you." With a roar Sorin unleashed a flame breath at Ferrar distracting him in an attempt to give Kitane a free attack or two!

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 04:21:23 AM »

Ferrar counters the flame breath with an ice breath spell, freezing it upon contact. Another shout clips his right arm, tearing out a rather large chunk. He snarls and howls in pain, his attantion focused on Kitane now. Rushing at her, he uses his left hand to wield the sword, hitting the gears to start working. He swings the blade up, the audible sound of gears roaring to life and spinning faster with the wind current. A clang echoes through the area, Kitane's swords catching Ferrar's with a snap. The blades run the length of her arms, coming up to the center where her hand-holds are, and fanning out with floating pieces. Each piece is connected by a line of fire, the captured flame from her home island. This island no one dares to speak of, except the Sky Pirates and the Ferality diseased. She smirks and opens her mouth for another blast, but stops as the gates burst open. Before she has time to react, Ferrar pulls his blade free and slams it into her side, the gears cutting through the scales a bit. She roars, her shout released into the air before she shoves him back, opening her wings and taking flight once more. She sheathes her weapons, dropping a piece of paper with a note to Ferrar that reads this: 'I know what you have done, and I will make sure you are out of the government. I know what you truly are.'

She swoops low, picking up the Fey under her armpits, and taking high into the air, leaving a blood trail to fall and splatter the ground as she goes. Her gaze falls to the ground, spotting Sorin and nodding for him to come with her to the docks. Now it was time to leave. Shadowlyn was their only hope for a safe place.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 05:22:23 AM »

At Kitane's sudden aerial attack on the general the young Fey Drake started, feathered tail flicking in panic. With barely enough time to respond to the events she span to face the figure of Sorin, glinting steel tip of her sword singing through the air to within an inch of his neck as she growled. "Saving me? You're getting in the way is what you're doing... who says I needed saving?"   Katka wavered however and almost stumbled from the plinth, struggling to focus on the dragon before her.  Barely seeming able to stand she stepped back from Sorin and the duel with the general, the tips of her wings brushing the foot of the statue wearily, she threw out a hand behind her to steady herself.

With a sudden shout of panic the shadow of Kitane swooped over her as she was borne bodily into the air. For a moment she struggled in the dragonesses grip before falling limp as the city rooftops fell away below her.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:31:38 AM by Kitt / Katka »

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 06:35:14 AM »
Flying ahead of Kitane and the fey drake in her arms and landed in the docks which was in a relative panic. Only one man could help them now. Only one ship would sail with out the dock masters permission. "Gentlemen of the Dock!" Sorin said unleashing a breath of flame and demanding all of the dock workers' attention. "Bring me the captain of the Sphinx's Companion and hurry. I will not be kept waiting!" With another breath of flame the dock workers set out to meet Sorin's demands.

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 02:58:22 PM »

Shortly after, Kitane lands a bit roughly at the docks, grimacing slightly as she pulls up her mask. The wound at her side bleeds profusely, but she doesn't seem to care. She withdraws another piece of parchment, scribbling something down after setting the Fey on her feet. Her tail flicks slightly as she writes, wincing as a bolt of pain flares through her side. She soon finishes writing, handing the note to the girl, her eyes scanning back through Arcadia. It seemed as if this place were a ghost town, with only the dock workers and ship captains scattered about. She folds her wings tightly to her body, ears alert for any sign of danger.

Her note reads this: 'We are not going to harm you, but help you if you let us, young drake. I've seen very few of your kind, but only on another island that we cannot discuss at this time. All of our lives depend on getting Ferrar out of the General seat, and I will explain what he's done, something which we must reveal to the people and head of Shadowlyn. It is your choice on whether or not you will come with us, and I will not force you.'

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »
Katka stumbled as they landed, leaning heavily on one of the many nearby crates. Her wings hung limp and their normally iridescent sheen seemed lacklustre even in the bright morning sunlight of the docks. She watched Kitane writing on a scrap of parchment with a weary look in her warm golden fey eyes, glancing to the heavy wound in the dragoness' side, she made no comment and accepted the parchment in silence. For a moment she read the note before looking back up, her bright gaze meeting Kitane's without a word.

Then, with a sigh, she said wearily "You spoke more with your actions today than you could ever have done with words... Yes, I shall come with you." With a grunt she pushed herself from the crate, wiping the slick red blood from her blade before sheathing it over her back. She glanced across to Sorin and then back to Kitane, giving a slight nod at the cut in her side as she pulled the silken scarf back around her muzzle. "That wound needs tending to... I could help if you allow me, it is the least I can do for you."

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 05:31:46 PM »
She looks at her wound, not having the chance to examine it since they'd fled. She looks to Katka and nods, flicking her ears slightly as she looks around the docks. The outline of Shadowlyn could be seen farther away as the sun began its ascent further into the sky. She sits on a closed, but empty crate, watching the dock workers prepare an airship, as well as look for the captain of said airship. A thought occurs to her, but she pushes it aside for now, instead wondering what they were all going to do next.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »
Slowly the Fey drake dropped her canvas knapsack from where it hung clipped to the wide belt at her back, her sheathed sword clattering to the cobbles with it. She glanced up at Kitane before rummaging through various pockets in the bag, pulling out gauze and cotton bandages as well as a dark green glass bottle, stoppered with a cork and a seal of red wax.

After a moments hesitation Katka stepped up beside Kitane as she sat on the crate, inspecting the wound before taking the bottle and pulling out the stopper. She paused and looked into the dragoness' eyes. "This will hurt. But it will stop the wound becoming infected..." At that she soaked a cotton rag in the ointment and wiped the cut clean, a loud hissing and wisp of vapour from the exposed flesh. After a moment she applied the gauze and bandaged her torso with deft movements, tying it securely and tight enough to elicit a sharp pain before she finally wiped her hands clean. "There, that will have to do under the circumstances." Packing up her bag again the fey gave a swish of her tail, sighing as she tucked back her long feathered antennae beside her hair and pulled up her hood.

With only her golden eyes visible behind her moonlight-grey scarf the fey drake stood slightly aside from the two dragons, her own gaze travelling over the docks. Several times she glanced back to Kitane, but spoke no more, one clawed hand in the pocket of her trenchcoat idly running a thumb over the smooth metal of the pendant from the wolfen fire mage.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:40:27 PM by Kitt / Katka »

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 06:54:42 AM »
As the workers of the dock quickly brought Sorin what he requested he smiled at the respect he was able to command. The captain he asked for, Captain Gurigan, was a golden fleeced lion fur who stood a clear foot over Sorin. His mane was dark night time black and he stood dressed head to toe in a dark blue captains uniform. The lion scowled as he laid eyes on Sorin and his two companions. "And what unholy reason have you called me down here for dragon!" He growled and snarled with each word.

Sorin knew he had no real hate for dragons, but was not one to be summoned lightly. Gurigan was second only to the Dock's Master and a fearsome fighter. "We seek a ship sir. We need to be to Shadowlyn now! Though we've not the money right now, but ferry us there and your secret stays safe." Gurigan scowled even more harshly if such an expression was possible. A few moments of silence and horror the Lion solemnly shook his head in a positive manner. Sorin let a sigh escape his lips.

"But be ready to leave with in the hour!" With that Gurigan left to prepare his ship.

Sorin turned to the young fey and Kitane. "Are you two ladies okay?" Sorin left the question open to both though he was more worried about the fey Kitane was supporting.