The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel California  (Read 29895 times)

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
Hotel California
« on: July 24, 2007, 02:17:18 PM »
"Welcome to the hotel california...
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

If you haven't heard the song before, or if you just want to listen to it, click this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPWZDoFPXI

Setting:
Somewhere in the desert, in the middle of nowhere it seemed, there lies a hotel. Anyone who's stayed there would tell you the service is great. If they could, that is. Beneath the paradise of the hotel, the mirrored ceilings and pink champagne, the courtyard where it seemd there is always someone dancing, there lies something dark... something sinister...
Something that wants you to stay...

But how did you get there? Perhaps in a sports car, showing of to your special someone, or being showed off to, for that matter. Maybe on a motorcycle, looking for a nice, long stretch of road to just let loose on? Maybe you were just passing through, on a roadtrip with some friends, headed south of the border for a fiesta? Maybe you left a burrito in the glove compartment next to a .357 revolver your driver carries around for emergencies? I'll leave that up to you. Either way, your vehicle just happens to break down in front of the hotel.

Now I suppose you want to know the rules.
1.) No magic! There are some exceptions, of course, but this isn't exactly the kind of RP in which you would expect everyone to start with a healing spell and a fireball.
2.) This is an open RP. That being said, if you decide to join, MAKE AN ENTRANCE! Now, I don't mean kick the door in and blow everyone away with an AK-47. Just try not to throw everything off when you enter.
3.) If a player does something that wouldn't make sense in this RP (Like, I don't know, sprouts wings, gets a magic sword and starts killing anyone standing in their way), let me know, or just tell them to change their post. If they don't, they can expect to be written out of the script. Which brings me to...
4.) If you die, you die. No one can bring you back. (Or can they?) Not that I expect anyone to die...
5.) Other than that, go nuts. Take this RP in any direction you can. Make it fun. Try to figure out what dark force has taken control of the hotel. I'm not going to tell you, mostly because I don't know. It could be a player! And remember, if you do something that would make the example in rule #3 make sense, then it would be perfectly fine to post it.
6.) I almost forgot, you'll need to put down your name and a brief description.

Now, to the important part... The first post...
Name: Arke
Description: Though his appearence might not reflect it, he is the manager of the Hotel California. Oddly enough, this coyotes only jobs seems to be greeting the new arrivals on the porch, and providing music when it's needed.

On the steps leading to the hotel, there sat a scruffy looking coyote. He wore a faded pair of blue jeans and a plain black T-shirt. His eyes, a light shade of blue that seemed almost etherial, fell on the road ahead of him. It was quite some distance from the highway, but people still drove on it. And that was what he was waiting for.
In his hands was an acoustic guitar, and his fingers seemed to dance across the strings, producing a melody that, to him, seemed like a theme to the hotel behind him. And even though his mind was elsewhere, following the sound of an engine somewhere on the road, his fingers kept strumming the tune.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:33:11 PM by Dave »

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Hotel California
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:21:01 PM »
Name: Kailey
Description: (points to picture) luvs to listen to music, flicking tail in time to the rythm

Hey!!!
(i call walking up to the furry and flicking my tail to the  rythm)
ooh...thats nice...good strong rythm...is this the Hotel California?
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 03:56:37 PM »
Name: Nyx
Description: She is a Cat dragon hybrid. For her appearance, click here.

Nyx had been walking down the road for quite a while now. Her violet eyes followed the cracks in the weathered and worn highway she was walking beside. Today had been just lovely aside from the fact that her moped had broken down in the middle of nowhere and her wallet had been taken at the last convenience store she stopped at. She was lost. She was broke. And she had no clue as to where she was going... But all roads lead to civilization eventually, right? Well this was a great day to wear dark colors and pants, she thought to herself sarcastically. It hadn't been long when her acute hearing picked up on... Music...? in the direction in which she was heading. Getting down on all fours, she padded quickly until she spotted a silhouette of a building. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can try and convince the owner to let me stay for the night... I can't stay in the desert, that's for sure.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »
His faded blue eyes caught the approaching form, and the tune of his guitar seemed to transition, after a quick bridge, to a melody that was more or less a harpies song. The tune was upbeat, and he smiled, playing the part of the welcoming party again. He saw the furre that had approached him and nodded. "That it is. You need a room?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:53:59 PM by Dave »

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
Name: Jesse
desc. a blue panda with a guitar and two tails.

*pulls up*

Hi. Uh....I would like a room. Hey I see you play guitar. So do I. Do you have any self written meterial?

((do you realize that the song is accually about a mental insitution? [my dad told me that, and i can see how it can be one]))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 05:08:12 PM by pro_magnum »
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 05:16:21 PM »
(There are endless interpritations of Hotel California and it's true meanings. I just took it literally.)
He nodded and began playing the theme he had worked out for the Hotel. "I'm trying to put lyrics to it. Maybe something about the highway. If you want a room, just talk to Ann. She's the one behind the desk." He pushed open the front door, releasing a blast of cool air. Inside stood a woman dressed in a simple blue suit, with a smile so wide it looked painful.

"Welcome to the Hotel California."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »
Nyx stood to her hind legs and approached the group of furs. She was a little nervous... She hadn't really been a social butterfly or anything and usually couldn't handle conversation well... She didn't really have to speak, for the coyote instructed that if the wanted a room, they'd just need to talk to Ann. The cagon walked through the front door and up to the desk. "Uhh... Is there... Er-- What's your cheapest room?"

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 05:24:52 PM »
Before Ann could speak, the coyote put a hand on the cagons shoulder. His guitar was lying on the steps outside. "Don't worry about that. You look like you've been through alot." He turned to Ann. "Give her the key to one twenty one." He smiled and turned back to the cagon. "I think you'll like it. It's a two bedroom, and the fridge should be stocked. If not, just dial my extension, and I'll get something sent up to you." He handed her a small scrap of paper, and returned to the front steps and his guitar.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 05:59:57 PM »
You don't know how right you are... she thought in the back of her mind.

"Thanks!" Nyx called out to the coyote, still somewhat mystified by his kindness. Ann sorted everything out and handed her the key to room 21, and out of sheer second nature, Nyx jammed it into the pocket of her pants along with the slip of paper the canine had given her. She wanted to explore this hotel... The lobby itself was beautiful. She had not seen such a fine place for a while...

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »
He caught the door and turned around, almost forgetting to add one thing. "Oh, I almost forgot. There's a pool in the courtyard. It's usually pretty refreshing right about now. Just follow the signs." He gave her one last smile before returning to his guitar, his eyes once again falling on the road. This time, the song he played was 'Jessica', by the Allman Brothers. He hadn't played it in a while, but he felt like playing something upbeat.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »
Nyx's admiring was interrupted by a, "Oh. I almost forgot, there's a pool in the courtyard." She snapped back to reality and looked back to the manager as he spoke. She nodded and smiled back as he disappeared back outside. The cagon decided that maybe she should go to her room first... Walking down one of the many hallways she eyed the numbers on the doors until she finally reached room 21. Carefully, she stuck the key in the door and unlocked it. Nyx opened the door slowly to reveal a nice suite; she stepped inside and closed the door... And then couldn't resist diving into one of the beds like a small child would. Quickly, she slipped her small knapsack off and changed into her bathing suit and a pair of athletic shorts, ready for a refreshing swim. Nyx was sure to lock her room before she headed to the pool.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:55 PM »
The coyote had decided to abandon his post by the entryway, and instead found an area in the courtyard. A small crowd, mostly maintenance employees, had gathered around as he played his music. He had moved on to some type of folk song, one with a rather haunting melody that contrasted the otherwise bright day.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 10:20:46 PM »
"Thanks man. Hey, maybe I could help you with that song sometime." He said as he walked into the hotel.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline skytem

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • i took a step toward handeling my powers i think
    • Awards
  • Species: artic fox/shade
  • Coloring: white-black tipped ears-black paws-black tiped tail
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 130lb
  • Build: average/muscled
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »
Description:a white fox a scar acroos the back of his neck dark black eyes black tips on ears and paws

name:sky

he wasdriving around lost trying 2 find his way back home but it was getting lateso the fox had decided that the next hotel he came 2 he would stay at. he had stoped at a hotel called "hotel california" the fox walked in looking around and asked "could some1 help me i need a room"
~I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...only when you have let hate run over your body can you defeat anything~
he who is hated by all cant expect to live long

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.”

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Eared Rabbit
  • Coloring: Blue (a natural blue)
  • Height: 5'3
  • Weight: 112 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:01 PM »
Name: Nyxlie
Description: Chocolate lop eared rabbit.

Nyxlie flew over the desert, humming quietly to herself, God, I love the smell of this air. Nyxlie felt on top of the world. She always loved flying the old biplane, having decided to take it for a longer ride than usual today.

Nyxlie's time of bliss was suddenly interrupted by the engine choking and a jerk of the entire plane, "What the..."

Looking at her meters, pressure in the engine was dropping and smoke could be seen coming from the engine. Pulling on the stick, Nyxlie tried desperately to keep the plane straight. She was approaching the ground far faster than she would have liked. Sweat matted to Nyxlie's fine fur as she fought the plane's position, breathing hard as she pushed down the panic that rose in her throat.

Just keep her straight, Nyxlie, just keep her straight, she kept chanting in her head.

Just before the plane met the ground, Nyxlie felt as if time had slowed down. She became deaf to the roar of the passing air and any other sound. She blinked slowly, watching as the ground met the plane with bone crushing force. The biplane's wheels smashed into the ground, flying completely off. With that, Nyxlie awoke from her shock, grabbing the sides of the pit and held on for dear life.

The old biplane slid and twisted several hundred feet but never once did it flip. Parts from the bottom of the plane were left as the ground tore it off.  Nyxlie watched in an almost horrible fascination as the bottom of the left wing came loose and fell to the ground with a thud.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the plane slowed to a stop. Nyxlie could only sit there as her heart tried to explode from her chest, hardly believing she felt no injuries upon herself. Shaking her head, Nyxlie slowly got out of the plane, unable to control the trembling of her entire body. Nyxlie knelt and put her head between her knees as she flung her aviator's goggles away from her, trying to catch her breath.

After another eternity, Nyxlie slowly stood back up, brushing sand from her baggy black pants and white hoody and rubbing grit out of her midnight gray eyes. Realizing that sweat was pouring from her body, Nyxlie opted to take off the hoody, wearing a black mini tank underneath. She made sure to check her entire body, in case of some injury she had not noticed. Feeling from her long ears, down her front and back and even her short tail, Nyxlie could find nothing.  Miraculously, she could only find sand and sweat.

Nyxlie gathered the courage to look at her beloved plane and couldn't keep the gasp from her mouth as she looked upon it. The entire underside was almost completely gone, leaving an almost naked and mutilated frame. And if that were not bad enough, there was also the damage to the left wing. What happened? I don't understand? She was in perfect condition this morning.

Turning away from the death of her life's love, Nyxlie realize that she had stopped.... several yards behind a rather large and old looking hotel. "How is that for convenience," Nyxlie muttered bitterly to herself.

Taking one last look at her beloved old biplane, Nyxlie turned and walked dejectedly towards the hotel.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:41:44 PM by Nyxlie »