The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel California  (Read 29894 times)

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
Re: Hotel California
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 02:55:27 AM »
He strode down the hallway, apparently finished with Frank, took a seat in the lobby, and turned to Ann. "Why don't we give our new guests a little something special? Send them each a bottle of champagne after dinner. That pink stuff. I'm pretty sure we've got a few extra bottles lying around." He smiled, trying to remember when they had gotten so many new arrivals in one day.

Offline Aidanx213

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/puppy
  • Coloring: mostly white, one brown patch. Exceptionally small almsot so that you cannot tell my age whatysoever.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 02:58:12 AM »
"Theres hundreds int he cellar, ill wander down during dinner" hearing his thoguhts "its been about fifty years and even then it was four in one night..."
AIDAN is female, that is... AIDAN IS A SHE! thank you.

LETS EMPHISIZE THIS AGAIN.... A....I...D...A!!!!!!N.
There are two "A"s in my name, and NO "E"s

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 03:03:19 AM »
"No, have someone else do it. Who knows if we'll be getting any more guests tonight." He sighed as he stretched in the lobby chair. "How's your book? You're still reading that Stephen King, right?"

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 03:06:12 AM »
Nyx meandered down the hallways until she found her way to the lobby again. The manager and Ann were sitting behind the counter discussing something, Nyx unsure and uninterested in what. Curiously, she peered around the lobby admiring the paintings and such. She couldn't explain why, but there was some attraction about this place that made her feel like she could stay forever. A strange sense of belonging... Closing her eyes and clearing her mind, the cagon shifted her draconic wings uncomfortably and let out a sigh.

Courtyard... Courtyard... Where's the sign? The manager said there were signs I could follow... she thought.

Finally finding the sign she followed it until she found herself at a pool whose waters looked so crisp and clean that nobody could resist its services on such a hot day! Nyx flopped her towel onto one of the many pieces of pool furniture that surrounded the pool like an army before diving into the water. She surfaced with a smile only allowing her eyes and snout to poke out of the water like a crocodile. Hmmm... This is such a nice place... Wonder why it seems so empty... Nyx wondered as she enjoyed the water, There are other guests from my understanding... But where are they all? Spooky.

Offline Aidanx213

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/puppy
  • Coloring: mostly white, one brown patch. Exceptionally small almsot so that you cannot tell my age whatysoever.
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 03:15:40 AM »
"yeah, im only about half way through. Living here is creepy, this is  downright horrid..."
AIDAN is female, that is... AIDAN IS A SHE! thank you.

LETS EMPHISIZE THIS AGAIN.... A....I...D...A!!!!!!N.
There are two "A"s in my name, and NO "E"s

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 03:26:04 AM »
"You got that right..." He laughed. "I'm still waiting for a thank you for the inspiration for '1408' though." He looked down the hallway to where Nyx had been moments ago. "If you need me, I'll be in the Kitchen..."

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 03:55:42 AM »
He layed down for a nap.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline skytem

• Melodious Mouse
  • i took a step toward handeling my powers i think
    • Awards
  • Species: artic fox/shade
  • Coloring: white-black tipped ears-black paws-black tiped tail
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 130lb
  • Build: average/muscled
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 04:51:55 AM »
"ugh" sky sighed trying 2 get some sleep "there is something about this place its welcoming but not the same there is something different" he thought sky stands up and starts walking down stairs down into the lobby *examining the pictures*
~I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...only when you have let hate run over your body can you defeat anything~
he who is hated by all cant expect to live long

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.”

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 12:46:43 PM »
(sees pet and runs in, tackling her and crying)
AIDEN!!!!!! YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!1
(growls a little, blood-tears coming)
guys....
(red gem on the chain around my neck starts to pulse and darkness crowds my vision)
GUYS!!!
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 04:02:49 PM »
The bellhop, coming back inside, caught sight of the screaming furre and froze. "Um, are you alright, miss?"

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Eared Rabbit
  • Coloring: Blue (a natural blue)
  • Height: 5'3
  • Weight: 112 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 04:08:23 PM »
OOC:

*cough* Sammie, I think Aidan is Ann in this RP.

IC:

Nyxlie awoke suddenly to a quiet whispering in the air. She could only lay there for a moment as she tried to become fully alert, confused by her surroundings. Again she heard the quiet whispering and was unable to understand it.

"Hello?" Nyxlie called softly, "Is anyone there?" Now sitting up, Nyxlie put her hand on her gun and pulled it from her belt. "Hello?"

The bewildered rabbit got out of bed with both hands on her gun. Nyxlie glanced around, seeing nothing out of the ordinary though the fur on the back of her neck continued to stand on end. She went into the little living room and looked around... finding nothing.

"Hello? If this is some kind of prank, it isn't funny," she called, hearing the whispering again.

The lights suddenly died and Nyxlie was left in complete darkness. She could feel something wrapping slyly around her neck but when she reached up she could felt nothing with her hands. Fear now made it's domain in her chest and Nyxlie ran for the door as she felt the air continue to be choked from her. She even tried to scream for help but nothing would escape her fast cooling lips.

Nyxlie found the door in the god forsaken darkness and pulled on it.... nothing. It wouldn't budge! Nyxlie pulled harder, using the rest of her fading strength as her eyes now bulged from fright and lack of air. Still the bastard door would not budge and Nyxlie began to sink to the floor as consciousness began to leave her.

Just as she was about to let the abyss swallow her, the door slowly opened beside her and the pressure on her neck lifted. Nyxlie could only sit there, gasping for sweet air, trying to blink the spots from her eyes. Once unconsciousness no longer threatened to leave her, Nyxlie got up after picking up her gun and ran out the door, making sure to pull the door shut behind her. For a moment, Nyxlie could do nothing but lean on the opposite wall as she tried to let panic and fear pass from her cold body so she could think more clearly.

"What the hell was that?" she muttered in a hoarse whisper.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 05:37:59 PM by Nyxlie »

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »
As if on cue, he appeared at the end of the hallway, slowly coming toward where Nyxlie stood. He appeared concerned, but something in his eyes said otherwise. "Are you alright? I thought I heard someone screaming." He turned to the door to her room and pushed it opened, moving slowly into the darkness. A few moments later he returned with a light bulb in his hands. "I'm sorry about that. Looks like one of your lights blew. I'll send someone up to replace it right away." He smiled and headed back down the hallway, leaving a bottle of pink champagne in front of her door.

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Eared Rabbit
  • Coloring: Blue (a natural blue)
  • Height: 5'3
  • Weight: 112 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 04:40:14 PM »
Nyxlie watched the coyote leave as she was unable to really say anything. Once he had disappeared down the stairs, she looked at the champagne bottle. Without even thinking, Nyxlie grabbed it, tore it open and took several large gulps. Nyxlie was not usually a drinker but after the day she had, she felt she deserved a little reprieve.

With champagne in hand, Nyxlie marched off to find the dining room, refusing the really think about what had happened. So freakin hungry...

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 05:02:07 PM »
[[sorry-]]

(gets off and looks at the coyote)
Where can I get a room?
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 05:07:06 PM »
He grabbed a key from a hook on the wall and handed it to her. "Room twenty four, we'll be having dinner in a little while in the dining hall." He continued on his way back to the kitchen, passing the stunned bellhop on the way.