The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel California  (Read 29899 times)

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
Re: Hotel California
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:15:37 AM »
IC: A young furre in a red bellhop outfit met sky by the front door of the hotel. "Certainly. Right this-" The bellhop was cut off by the sound of a plane going down not too far from the hotel. Watching the crash unfold, he stood wide-eyed, watching as the plane drew nearer and nearer. Once it had stopped, he ran to the crash site, telling Sky to speak with the woman at the front desk. He met the rabbit half-way between the hotel and the crash site. "Oh god, you're not hurt are you?"

In the courtyard, the coyote with the guitar smiled, laying down his guitar and moving to the front desk.

OOC: A biplane? Now THAT is why I left this up to you guys!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:18:29 AM by Dave »

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Eared Rabbit
  • Coloring: Blue (a natural blue)
  • Height: 5'3
  • Weight: 112 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 12:37:52 AM »
OOC: lol You said make an entrance so I figured I would.

IC:

Nyxlie looked up as she heard the furry who appeared to be a bellhop call out to her. It took her a moment to understand what he was asking.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine. Surprisingly. I can't say as much for my plane," Nyxlie replied sadly, glancing back. "Say, you wouldn't happen to have a phone in that hotel, would you?"

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 12:42:28 AM »
He nodded, stunned that anyone could have escaped a crash like that unharmed. "Uh, yeah, there's a phone at the front desk." He paused a few moments, trying to decide if he should ask his next question. "You... don't have any luggage, do you?"

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 12:47:58 AM »
Nyxlie shook her head, "No, I wasn't planning on staying anywhere over night."

She patted her belt on her hip that held a Walther P299 on a hostler and two telescopic batons, "I only have this, just out of habit of carrying it everywhere. If there's a problem of keeping it on me in the hotel, let me know now and I can let you put it safely away for me."

With that, Nyxlie started walking again towards the hotel.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 01:27:55 AM »
The bellhop shrugged. "Don't worry about it. The manager isn't too picky about what people bring in." Turning back to the crashed plane, he sighed. "I guess I'll just take care of this..." he muttered.

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 01:40:39 AM »
Nyxlie entered the front of the hotel and saw a scruffy looking coyote at the front desk. "Hello, I'm afraid I need to use your phone. If you didn't hear all the noise, I kind of... crashed behind this place," she said to him, noticing the guitar behind him.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 01:48:22 AM »
He smiled thinly, handing her the phone. "Well, thank goodness you weren't hurt. You weren't, were you? I'm pretty sure we have a doctor around here somewhere." He cast a glance to the belt she wore. "I hope you weren't planning on robbing us. We don't have much cash in the register." he chuckled.

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 01:54:27 AM »
Nyxlie tried to smile but failed, "No, I'm not hurt and no, I wasn't planning on robbing you." She picked up the phone and tried dialing out but got a message instead.

"You don't have long distance calling out here??" Nyxlie asked, shocked. We're in the middle of no where and no freakin long distance? Makes no sense whatsoever, she thought to herself. "How am I suppose to call someone to come get me?"

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 02:03:07 AM »
He took the receiver from her hand and listened to the message. Between curses, he mentioned one of the maintanence employees, Frank, and how he had told him to fix the phone lines. "Well, I guess you're stuck here for a little while then. Don't worry, we get a delivery truck that comes in from town every so often. He should be back in a few days. Till then, all I can give you is a room. On the house of course. Ann here," he said, motioning to a young woman behind him, "Will help you with that." With that, he stormed down the hallway, looking for Frank.

The woman behind the counter cleared her throat. "As with any room voucher, you have your choice of room. Would you like one bed or two?"

Offline Aidanx213

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/puppy
  • Coloring: mostly white, one brown patch. Exceptionally small almsot so that you cannot tell my age whatysoever.
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 02:18:01 AM »
((if arke doesnt mind....))((if you do ill edit=))

Name: Ann

Description: A dog, rather small and slitghly older than she looks for she looks like a puppy.

Sitting behind the counter for hours at a time got pretty boring, so inbetween people she reads "Desperation" by Stephen King and hums to the tunes the manager plays
AIDAN is female, that is... AIDAN IS A SHE! thank you.

LETS EMPHISIZE THIS AGAIN.... A....I...D...A!!!!!!N.
There are two "A"s in my name, and NO "E"s

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 02:25:30 AM »
(Don't worry, I don't mind at all. In fact, to anyone else who joins, feel free to take an NPC or two off my hands :) Just don't be too surprised if you end up as one of the bad guys  ;) )
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:28:32 AM by Dave »

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 02:27:30 AM »
"I'd like just one bed, please," Nyxlie said. "And I'm fairly hungry. Is there somewhere I can get something to eat in this place?"

She looked around noticing some of the old paintings on the walls, especially one of a older woman reading to small children on a dark background. Actually kind of spooky really, Nyxlie thought, a chill running up her spine. The hotel had a old smell to it as well, as if it had been around for not just years but decades, perhaps even a century or two.

Nyxlie tried to ignore the eerie quietness of the place and turned her attention back to Ann.

Offline Aidanx213

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/puppy
  • Coloring: mostly white, one brown patch. Exceptionally small almsot so that you cannot tell my age whatysoever.
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 02:29:55 AM »
turning to the board behind me i reach for room twenty three "perhpas there is a guest or two you will get along with on the second floor, there are three new ones there today" said as though the rooms were filling and never emptying. "dinner will be in the dining room in an hour. before then there is a refridgorator in your room."
AIDAN is female, that is... AIDAN IS A SHE! thank you.

LETS EMPHISIZE THIS AGAIN.... A....I...D...A!!!!!!N.
There are two "A"s in my name, and NO "E"s

Offline skytem

• Melodious Mouse
  • i took a step toward handeling my powers i think
    • Awards
  • Species: artic fox/shade
  • Coloring: white-black tipped ears-black paws-black tiped tail
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 130lb
  • Build: average/muscled
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 02:40:25 AM »
says ok sky gets his key and walks up to his room
~I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...only when you have let hate run over your body can you defeat anything~
he who is hated by all cant expect to live long

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.”

Offline Nyxlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 02:42:57 AM »
Nyxlie took the key, noticing it was just an old key with some interest, "Thank you. I think I'm just going to lie down till dinner."

Pushing her glossy white hair out of her face, Nyxlie nodded to Ann and headed up the stairs to her room.  Nyxlie pushed the key into the lock once she found 23 and opened the door. It was a nice little suit with a queen size bed and a small living room to the side. She ignored the bed for the moment and went straight to the refrigerator, pulling out a bottle of water and drinking half the bottle in a full gulps. Jeezes, I was thirsty.

Nyxlie put the bottle back in the fridge and laid on the bed. I'll just rest my eyes for a few moments, she thought, falling asleep before she could even think to set the alarm.