The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light  (Read 9883 times)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Good in Darkness and Evil in Light
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2007, 10:52:28 AM »
*feels jarring under her and gulp*
THEY'RE BACK!!!! get the villagers hidden, NOW!!!!
CRASH!!! BOOM!!!
*coughs, waving her tail in front of her and making it shimmer*
STATE YOUR BUSINESS
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2007, 02:45:13 PM »
Nyx stood strong beside Necro offering her magic, "I'll help in any way I can!"

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »
NOW!!!
*she roared, pulling her magic out and blasting a small hole into the ground below her, feeling it shake again*
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline NecroWolfExPaladin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Husky
  • Coloring: grey/white
  • Height: 5ft 6in
  • Build: average/slightly muscular
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2007, 10:52:01 PM »
    Hearing the call to hide the villagers Necro erected a barrier, much like the one the fortune teller had used, around the platform.  He rarely used camouflage type barriers, as a result his creation was distorted and left a definite impression that something was hiding whatever was under it.  "Nyx I'm not sure I can do much better than this.  I haven't tied off the spell, if you know how to make it better I'll pass the spell's weave to you."  Necro was still attempting to quiet the storm, and was succeeding to a limited extent.  The storm still raged on but it had stopped growing in size and strength.  "Who's back?  I can't see them.  Should I be on my guard?"  Necro half readied a Necromancy spell.  He knew if he was attacked while holding the weave to the shield and the weave that was currently being used to calm the storm he would most defiantly drop them, and the two spells in progress would fade away as if they were never there.  Not only that but anyone who had a talent for it could see the afterimage of his dropped spells and of those few some could duplicate it.  The shield and his attempt on the storm meant nothing to others, however, he wasn't too keen on leaving the secrets to necromancy floating in the air for two to five days.  Necro looked again at the huge unknown spell that filled the sky.  Was it him or was that spell feeding off the strength of the storm.  If it was, then shutting down the storm could end the flow of energy keeping the spell going.  "I think the storm might be powering the spell thats creating the darkness and the walls and whatever else keeps happening."
(~:{:'~(

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2007, 10:57:29 PM »
Its The Haunted, THEY'VE RETURNED! GET BACK!!
*roars again, shoving one away from her*
GET BACK YOU FOOLS! I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN!
*she was upset and she used part of her magic to quit the storms quickly, feeling the earth pulsing beneath her, she tapped into that energy and dispersed the walls quickly but left the darkness*
STAY BACK!!!
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2007, 11:33:27 PM »
Nyx took the weave from Necro, holding the barrier up and making it seem as if the others weren't there to the villagers.

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2007, 02:13:18 AM »
    Necro turned to look at Saphirblick "'The haunted'?  Who are they, how can I help?"  Now that the storm and the walls were gone there was no longer anything holding Necro back.  He could now use all his magical skills, and if these 'haunted' where as strong as their reputation with Saphirblick made them sound, then the best option was to use his strengths.  Necro reached out with his magic to find the bodies of the dead.  He made a point of avoiding the cemetery, he had no wish to defile the graves of others loved ones.  He pulled on the plants in the forest for their excess life threads, which he would need to animate the corpses.  The living dead rose up from places where they had lied, forgotten by time.  Ten, he had found ten, how many could he have summoned had he reached for the graves?  Twenty more, thirty?  He hoped it didn't come to that.  Ten were easy to maintain but if he went over twenty total his spell might start to kill the plants and creatures in the forest.  If only he could see these haunted, he could have use their life energies for the cost of the spell.  He knew reaching out blindly could very well end up killing his friends, and he wasn't about to lose what he had never had in the time after his banishment from the paladin order.  The ten undead were slowly walking toward the platform where everyone was.  They started attacking the haunted relentlessly from the back as Saphirblick did the same up frount.  Necro wanted to be sure everyone understood what was happening.  "The undead are mine.  I didn't spoil any graves, these were left where they fell.  If anything it might help them get a gravestone now."  Necro hoped this was enough to stop or at least slow down the haunted.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2007, 11:04:06 AM »
*snarls and pulls the darkness away, showing him the haunted*
GET BACK!!
*snarls, slapping him lightly with her tail*
LEAVE ME YOU GALOOTS!!
*slashes one with her talons, screaming*
{The Haunted were undead fursons, come back for reasons unknown and they were mastered at magic and darkness but not reg. combat. If she had've used her magic, they would've absorbed it.}
STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!
*snatches another one and bites him in half*
One bows to her and stays there. "I bring news, Miss Saphir."
OHH GOD!!!
*hurls the one from her mouth to the other side of the town*
Call them off, NOW!!
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »
"I can't believe I'm doing this..." I muttered as I flipped out a golden staff...
I muttered a few things under my breath...
An enormous light came out of the staff, shining brightly allowing me to see that I was standing behind the Paladin...

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2007, 03:47:49 AM »
    As soon as one of Necro's undead made contact with a haunted, Necro felt his magical powers being rapidly drained away.  This isn't good, at this rate I'll loose all my energy, then I won't be able to channel, and I'll be too weak to fight.  Necro ended his spell and all the undead corpses he made fell down.  Necro now understood the only way out was threw direct combat.  Though he had usually relied on magic, combat was also taught in the paladin training grounds.  Necro pulled out the sword on his back, the handle and sheath of it looked ordinary.  The blade of the sword glowed brightly as the power of light radiated from it.  Then Necro realized that his paladin sword also used magic, if indirectly, and put it back.  He could have summoned his dark magic staff which was propped against a wall in in his room in the inn, but it too had magic in it.  The sword was for times when magic failed him or he faced an enemy that relied on darkness.  Necro had never thought about a situation where all magic would be drained and used against him.  He made a mental note to look up how to add that ability to his undead assuming he survived this.  He was also going to need to purchase a weapon with no magical energies in it.  Necro was helpless now and he knew it, He could have tried fighting had to hand with the haunted but knew this was no way to stop undead.  "Can you see their master? ....... Do they HAVE a master.  If one was nearby defeating him may end or at least weaken them!"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:12:34 AM by NecroWolfExPaladin »

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 08:20:59 PM »
*flicks her tail calmly around one of them and snaps it in half, snarling*
GIVE IT TO ME!!!!
*claws another one to pieces, anger and depression plain on her face*
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2007, 03:23:29 AM »
(( shut up you know who you are * ))
"My turn!"
I appeared next to Necro and took out my non-enchanted katana...

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2007, 09:14:51 PM »
*growls loudly and bows under the strain of the fighting and keeping the storm under control*
just tell me..is she dead or alive..
*collapses into a black, peaceful nothing*
"She is alive. I wish you luck in fooling your 'friends' and hiding your past from them. They'll fins out when they're ready, no matter how much you wish it not." He growls, walking away. The Haunted turn simultaneosly and follow, a steady roar the only indication where they were as their bodies slowly became invisible.
Your Worst Nightmare