The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Town Called Mercy (OOC)  (Read 2663 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
A Town Called Mercy (OOC)
« on: February 15, 2013, 01:03:32 AM »
Arizona, 1901. The great American Frontier in the West is for the most part tamed. The advent of phones, electricity, government, and automobiles have contributed to the end of the legacy of the Wild West. The once tough and independent frontier towns are now gone, save for towns like Mercy, Arizona.
Mercy is the last of a dying breed, full of independent men and women who are still chasing the idea of the Wild and untamed West. Mercy is located in the middle of the desert, far far away from any other signs of civilization. It is a place where men must be tough and be able to stand up for themselves. It is a place that is still watched over by a sheriff and a federal marshall.
It is also located near a rip in the space time continuum. Yes you heard me right. Mercy is located near a tear in the very fabric of the universe, and many great and terrible things can leak through to Mercy. Aliens, time travelers, monsters, you name it, they are a constant reality that the citizens of Mercy face every day.
So the question is, are you ready to defend Mercy against the unknown? I sure hope so.

Rules:
1. Obey posting order.
2. Be detailed in your posts.
3. Make sure you check the OOC thread a lot.
4. You must first fill out a character sheet:

Name:
Weapon of choice:
Special abilities:
Character bio:

Name: Alex Drake
Species: Foxaroo
Appearance: Tall, muscular, slender.
Weapon of choice: Remington Revolver
Special abilities: Can see the tear in space and time and can actually see through it sometimes.
Character bio: Born in 1878 to a Civil War veteran and his wife, Drake has lived in Mercy all his life. All he knows is the hard life in the Old West. Drake first served as the deputy to the sheriff of Mercy in 1899, until one year later when the sheriff was killed under mysterious circumstances. Now, whether the townspeople like it or not, Drake is the rightful sheriff of Mercy.

If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
Re: A Town Called Mercy (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:07:37 AM »
Deputy claimed. Shall add character stuffs tomorrow.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »
Hope you don't mind, but i'm going to recycle...

Name: Matthias
Species: Feline
Appearance: Wears all black and has a Rufus Raucous-style mask that covers most of his face except his eyes, which glow a very vivid shade of blue; is built lithely, but is stronger than he appears, and his tail is grey with dark grey stripes, thus he has the same fur color. Oh, and he has a demonic horse. That too.
Clothing: Black t-shirt and button-down shirt, black pants, knight-like black boots, red neckerchief, hooded black cloak, Rufus Raucous mask, black cowboy hat
Weapon of choice: Extremely mouthy self-aware violence-prone sword, Two long-ranged extremely accurate combination Colt .45 and Webley .455s, referred to as Redemption and Damnation, and a Bowie hunting knife made of some strange supernatural metal.
Special abilities: Can submit wrongdoers to eternal punishment, has the ability to transport between Earth and Hell, has power over fire.
Character bio: Although he claims to be from Rhode Island, the zen-like Matthias is in reality the youngest of the seven Keepers, beings who watch over the world to keep it from falling to destruction. As the keeper of Hell, Matthias is charged with punishing (But not killing) those who commit crimes, although sometimes it's tough since his sword Dragomir has a bit of a problem with the not killing part... and it's also really, really hard to aim fire on some days. Thankfully, his wise demonic horse Redtail has his back, and Matthias often looks to him for advice. But in a town like Mercy, even a Keeper can't handle everything by himself... he's not god, for heaven's sake! But he is willing to lend a hand to those in need, and will help however he can.

Although that still doesn't explain the strange man with the police box he saw yesterday....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:33:37 PM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 01:28:12 AM »
Was waiting to include him in a roleplay. Took me a while to get this because I did some research on some older 20th century weapons. I'm not much of a gun aficionado, so yeah. Anyways, here's your deputy, Drake. Not trying to take over your rp or anything, but I added in some stuff about his interactions with your character, if that's cool with you.

---

-Name: Renu Nero Blake

-Species: Epanterian Tyrannotitan (a dinosaur, fusion of Epanterias and Tyrannotitan)

-Appearance: Tall and slender, more lean than muscular for the most part, but certainly toned. Body is black as a primary, with a grey and white belly pattern that flows down to the tip of his tail – patchy and tattered near the edges of the pattern – with thick, asymmetrical red stripes placed perpendicularly along his spine (starting from the back of the neck and ending near the tip of his tail and never crossing over the grey pattern). Has silky, black hair with longer bangs and moderate length on all other areas.  (think the stereotypical Goth male hairstyle). Ice blue eyes that seem to stare right through you, vicious claws on both his toes and fingers, with dull red spines along his back and down his tail, digitigrade with tetradactyl Theropodic feet ( heel raised up, four toes – three in the front and one supporting toe in the back).

-Weapon of choice: Two M1900 Colt Semi-Automatic Pistols and a Mondragon Service Rifle

-Special abilities: Keen eyesight and exponential agility.

-Character bio: Going by the name Ren, this curious rogue wandered into town one day and set himself up immediately three years prior. Having found a good friend in the Sheriff, and showing distinct aptitude as a gunfighter and his strong morals, he found himself appointed as a deputy rather quickly. He keeps his history to himself, something rather sordid and… unique to him. He knows his guns well, and is also a great sniper of sorts. He seems to know quite a bit about the spacial-temporal anomaly near Mercy, but discloses very little about it for good reason – and that reason is for you to discern on your own. You may accuse him, you may fear him, but he proves true to the good of the people in the end, and so the citizens of Mercy have given him no further trouble since his first arrival. He tends to be a strong, silent type but seems very different around Alex Drake and a select few townsfolk. His outlook on anything tends to be neutral and without biases, and tends to be a smartass. He’s an interesting figure in Mercy, one of curiosity and knowledge, as well as upstanding moral values and unbending willpower.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »
kay we need at least two more players

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
i'll join when i get a chance, this time tomorrow at the latest ^-^
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »
i'll join when i get a chance, this time tomorrow at the latest ^-^
alrighty, we'll be waiting on your character sheet then X3

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:01 AM »
how's this?

Name: jack nive

Species: 'human'

Appearance: tall and thin with a medium build, he has light green eyes and black hair. he normally wears a long trench coat with a thick neck section that hides half of his face when it's done up, he's always wearing gloves, the left black the right a dark red. he wears a wide brim hat with a pair of goggles around the top.

Weapon of choice: modified winchester and twin revolvers

Special abilities: personal gravitational fields and minor time distortion

Character bio: wandering from town to town jack never really settled down. driven from his home town after his father, the sheriff at the time, was murdered. ever since he's been classed as an outlaw and a bounty hunter, looking for the ones who killed his father at first but soon settling for anyone with a big bounty. he soon found himself in one of the few towns that his talents could still use, mercy.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 06:00:53 AM »
cool, we just need one more person and we're all set :3

posting order goes
1. me
2. cifero
3. sytex
4. serpington

but now that I see how many people there are, I'd be willing to start it up tomorrow if everyone's okay with that?

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:55 PM »
I'm cool to start whenever y'all are.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 12:18:02 AM »

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-plant
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Taking the Hero's Path
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 12:24:07 AM »
Name: His full name is some lengthy royal tittle, which chooses not disclose in low-level civilizations like planet Earth.  Instead he perfers to use his family name, Eli, because it sounds very convincing earth name.
Species: Alien (Specifically some kind of Dragon-Plant)
Appearance: Purple scales, His equivalent of "hair" is byed brown with a braided rat tail, Brown Eyes

Weapon of choice: SuperSonicScrewdriver (Sonic screwdriver w/ hightened capabilities), though his doesn't like actually having fight.
Special abilities: Basic dragon abilities (firebreathing, flight, tough scales, etc.), Minor psychic powers
Character bio:  Just a basic wanderer, going from place to place on a whim, not much else is known about him, not even the fact that he used the Mercy Rift to get here (it being one in a larger network of temprrol rifts).

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:00:08 AM »
okay that makes you fifth on the posting order.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 03:21:17 AM »
so you're up now ^-^

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 04:03:28 AM »
updated posting order:
1. me
2. cifero
3. sytex
4. serpington
5. Reality