The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Meet the Staff - Anoni  (Read 8104 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Meet the Staff - Anoni
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 08:16:05 AM »
Do what I do! Spam them with math questions.

It is "Ask Me Anything" after all xD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »
At this point I should probably change it to "Ask Me Almost Anything" just to prevent this kind of brain-strain blasphemy.
Hello Anoni.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
Hello HollowOfHaze, hows life?

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 08:37:27 AM »
Fine so far. Taking a trip 3,000 miles over the Pacific to HI pretty soon. Learned some stuff. Was up at 3 in the morning to answer someone's AMA. Came first in Halo SWAT six times in a row. Went to a national science convention to meet the inventor of the segway, a member of the team that synthesized antihydrogen, and the founder of Foursquare.

Had my first skype message conversation with a person from Britain. Watched a video where a toucan laid a bottle of Guiness.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:31:01 AM by HollowOfHaze »
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Amna al-Dhi'b

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arabian Wolf
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: happy!
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2015, 06:58:20 PM »
hello! i just happened to notice your dream job!! i am currently studying to be a theoretical physicist (with more of a focus on dark matter/alt. universes), so i think its really cool! i hardly ever meet anyone who even knows what that is! ^!^
"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."
--Edgar Allen Poe

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2015, 05:23:27 AM »
hello! i just happened to notice your dream job!! i am currently studying to be a theoretical physicist (with more of a focus on dark matter/alt. universes), so i think its really cool! i hardly ever meet anyone who even knows what that is! ^!^

Cool! Yeah, things have evolved a long way though, my main interest is Quantum computing, but I recently did a course on General Relativity and loved every bit of it so who knows.

Either way, something to realize about being a physicist, that I have come to realize by talking to academics and the like, is that it's a very difficult and not a very stable job, in a way the physicists are the "Artists" of science, in that it's one of the hardest sciences to find any sort of job in. Most people who study physics, for example, go to finance because there's simply more jobs there. So my plan is to work in compsci for 2 years before pursuing my physics career, so that if, for whatever reason, I cannot find a job as a theoretical physicist, I will still have the experience and skills to make it in the world.

Also side note: They recently discovered neutrinos have mass, there is some investigation as to whether neutrinos could actually be the mysterious dark matter, it makes a lot of sense to me, considering dark matter is neutral and very invisible, just like neutrinos.

Offline Amna al-Dhi'b

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »
General relativity is awesome!! And so is quantum computing!

Thank you for letting me know! I am hoping for a job as a professor, and do my research on the side.

Really? I didn't hear about that! I never thought about neutrinos being dark matter. Also, my professor mentioned that time could be the fourth dimension. Have you heard of anything like that?
--Edgar Allen Poe

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2015, 01:05:03 AM »
General relativity is awesome!! And so is quantum computing!

Thank you for letting me know! I am hoping for a job as a professor, and do my research on the side.

Really? I didn't hear about that! I never thought about neutrinos being dark matter. Also, my professor mentioned that time could be the fourth dimension. Have you heard of anything like that?

Hmm? Well, yeah, time is the fourth dimension. A dimension is simply a coordinate, mathematically dimensions can be defined as the amount of vectors in a basis (minimal spanning set) of a vector space. SO yeah, time is DEFINITELY the fourth dimension, but it's like, just a coordinate, it's not a mystical thing or anything.

Offline Amna al-Dhi'b

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2015, 02:03:46 AM »
Oh, that makes sense now! Thank you!!
--Edgar Allen Poe

Offline Galefargion

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Muscular/athletic
  • Currently: Climbing towers and fighting helicopters
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 10:02:56 AM »
Its nice to learn of your interests Anoni. I also share an interest in theoretical physics. Learning about space and dimensions is very fascinating to me. I've watched alot of "through the wormhole with morgan freedman"
The Music of life, is silence

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2016, 06:20:53 AM »
It's always fun! But I think watching space documentaries and stuff, you scratch the surface of how awesome physics can be, if you want to see the true perfectness of physics, the mess and awe, you have to dig deeper!

Richard Feynman sums it up as so: "To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature. … If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in."

Offline Galefargion

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Muscular/athletic
  • Currently: Climbing towers and fighting helicopters
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2016, 06:28:25 AM »
Thats very true. Ive thought about taking formal classes for it, but ill have to get through my current courses first.
The Music of life, is silence

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2017, 07:15:00 AM »
So I decided to read this again, and I'm not sure if anyways asked this yet, so here we go!

You mentioned you might go to the Antarctic. Have you since then managed to take a trip there?
Also you hate pencils? ;_; How so? Anyhing bad happen?
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »
No I haven't managed that yet, but it's on my bucket list!

As for pencils I just hate that scratching sound they make, bleeeeeh x.x, it's like fingers on a chalk board for me, makes my blood run cold and makes me cringe, even thinking about it is making me cringe! I also dislike the general feel of a wooden pencil, but that's harder to explain!

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2017, 06:00:51 PM »
Well if you do, be sure to let me know and take pictures! ^^

Which continent have you not visited yet?
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter