The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A dent in confidence  (Read 376 times)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
A dent in confidence
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »
I had my RE exam today

I knew all the answers.... i knew exactly how to use them

As for my scribe...

she didn't know how to spell the answers and didn't have a clue how to use them

also it took her five minutes to figure out what i said

the fact she could be scribe in all my other exam's

i think its gonna end in tears :'(

....hence my parents have filed a complaint >:(

anyone else had the slow scribe problem?

Post Merge: May 17, 2012, 03:17:22 PM
ah i think i may have put this on the wrong board...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:17:22 PM by maggintons, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Fawkes

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Main colour orange-red, secondary colour white. Black feet and forepaws
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 125 pounds.
  • Build: Curvy. C-Cup.
Re: A dent in confidence
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
My brother has ADHD and dyslexia. His writing is almost illegible, and we didn't know whether or not he would every physically be able to read, and we sent him to super-expensive vision therapy. He's had horrible scribes before, who over-help him and treat him like he's stupid.

I don't really know what to tell you as for advice, but know you're not alone. He might only be nine, but I know that at the university I'm going to there are a lot of supports  ^_^
- Fawkes

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:01:23 AM »
My brother has ADHD and dyslexia. His writing is almost illegible, and we didn't know whether or not he would every physically be able to read, and we sent him to super-expensive vision therapy. He's had horrible scribes before, who over-help him and treat him like he's stupid.

I don't really know what to tell you as for advice, but know you're not alone. He might only be nine, but I know that at the university I'm going to there are a lot of supports  ^_^
yea well the problem for me is kinda over now they have got a better scribe so it should be good now.

this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 07:19:44 AM »
Well that's good to hear :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »
Not to be rude but may I ask what a scribe is?
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 11:35:12 AM »
A scribe is someone who is designated to you in an examination who writes stuff for you. So lets say you have some condition that makes it difficult for you to write, you can get a scribe who writes down what you tell him to write down.

My math tutor was a mathematics scribe once and it was funny, he said how much of an urge he had to correct something a student got wrong. XD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »
A scribe is someone who is designated to you in an examination who writes stuff for you. So lets say you have some condition that makes it difficult for you to write, you can get a scribe who writes down what you tell him to write down.

My math tutor was a mathematics scribe once and it was funny, he said how much of an urge he had to correct something a student got wrong. XD
mhm