The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: relationship probs and B.s  (Read 309 times)

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
relationship probs and B.s
« on: May 28, 2012, 04:58:40 AM »
Recently Ive been with this amazing girl, we really like each other and I want to go out with her. we kinda are and are not at the same time if tht makes sense. Im 15 and shes 17. her parents dont want us dating because of the age difference wich to me is not tht bad. its only like 2-3 years differences but if it was 4-5 yea I could see a a problom lol. I like her so much and we still like each other, Im trying to take her to the movies saturday so we can hangout but I just hope things go well. I really like her, I dont want this to end :,(  I dont know what to do, I like her alot. has anyone been in a smiliar situation or able to offer advice?
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: relationship probs and B.s
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 05:54:01 AM »
I've been in a very similar situation, but I didn't know if the girl liked me or not (turned out she did.)

Best part is just to make it as natural as you  can. Don't try to make it seem like a big deal of a date. Just a fun time out to hangout and such, and don't let yourself trip over your feet.

And really, I hardly hear about parents with age problems these days if it's just a couple years o.o

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »
Relax, be confident, breathe. That's the important thing, if it makes you feel better don't call it a date, just call it hanging out, with someone you really like!

As for the parents thing, well, you can still go out without them knowing and it is only a two years difference and technically (In Australia at least) it's completely legal (however you can't have... erm... "relations" until your a year older :P)
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
You know in South Africa, you can marry anyone as long as you're over 16?
Beyond the point perhaps?
We're friends with one couple where the wife is older than the husband by 10 years.
I fail to see how two is a problem.
Especially with 2O year old women marrying 80 year old men. Sure it's for the money, still a bigger age gap.

I say good for you, but don't let it get you down.
Just be friends for now :D

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
My grandfather is about 11 and a half years older than my grandmother...and they got married in '59 (a time where I would think that big age difference would be frowned upon).
If your parents have a problem with a two year age difference, then they have some serious issues. And honestly, they need to get over it. I might have been able to understand if the ages were switched and the girl was younger than you, but even that still wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe they're thinking of the legal side of things, but seriously, you're almost there anyway.
Shinzuu is four years older than I am and my parents never mentioned any issue with it when we started dating (I was 17, he was 21).
I would say keep hanging out with the girl and everything. Your parents will probably grow accustomed to it and forget their worries. Whatever they may be.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 09:00:37 PM »
I think they're also scared you'll get into things she'll drag you into such as drinking, drugs and such. I suggest that you try to show maturity in the relationship. Responsibility. What would happen if they met her in person? That usually helps to build an impression. If she clearly isn't that "dangerous type", that will probably calm them some.

Also, it's rather rare that 17 year old girls date 15 year old boys. Maybe they think she's a little strange for not going with guys her own age?

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »
I'd like to just throw in that my dad is 54 and his girlfriend is 31.

So, I really don't think that there is a problem with any age differences, two years is unbelievably small :P
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
There's a huge difference between couples at that age, and a teenage "fling" (as parents probably see it). Huge. If you're only 15, you're not even old enough to run your own life, by law. They don't trust you to always make the best decisions. If you're 50, nobody can tell you what to do.

Don't forget the "Half-age-plus-seven rule". 17 / 2 = 8 + 7 = 15. Or... 54 / 2 = 27 + 8 = 35. It's an unofficial rule though, so you don't have to pay it any attention. However, it's seen as the "norm".

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:29:51 AM »
Ok well my parents dont care anymore :) her parents still do. I was talking to a sorta friend sorta douche I want to beat to a pulp sometimes. He thinks Im weird for going out with "an emo girl who smokes pot and dose meth" 1st off douche she dose non of those things. 2nd she is not emo 3rd shut the **censor** up and stay out of it, but wait the stroy gets better he told almost the whole school about it. [removed]

Post Merge: June 01, 2012, 02:50:49 AM
Ok about the last post note tht I am usually a very peacefull person and tht recently Ive been dealing with allot
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:45:15 PM by Snurr, Reason: Please do not plan to hurt others. »
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »
Just make sure that he gets the first hit.
The more he beats you the better,
The more injured you get the more time of school you get.
Also go for the head.

However I do recommend you try deal with it peacefully first.

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
I pushed him against the wall and thought for a brief minuite "the year is almost over why get suspended" so I droped him and left. I need to relax ughh X(

Offline Fawkes

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Main colour orange-red, secondary colour white. Black feet and forepaws
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 125 pounds.
  • Build: Curvy. C-Cup.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 10:06:56 PM »
You seem like a nice enough guy, but I think what you should do is just get your parents and her parents, and the both of you all to sit down and talk it out. Make a plan. Be willing to compromise, like if they say "No going out past 9:00" then you'd better be home by 8:45. Going behind their backs is only going to make them mistrust you more. If you can stand up to them, tell them why you care about her and that you're willing to talk it out, then you'll look mature and assertive. Blow your gasket, and you can kiss her goodbye.

Always remember if their final answer is no, then it means no.

If their final answer is no, then just stay friends with her for as long as it takes for them to come around. Prove to them that you can do this without getting into her pants or loosing your cool.
- Fawkes