The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Outta power and outta practice. Looking to sharpen my old RP skills.  (Read 2403 times)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Katayida walks into what looks like an old sparring arena. It reminded her of the training belt that the leaders of her old herd used to train their warriors in. She was a little rusty with her techniques, and decided to take a little bit of time to sharpen her skills. Usually only carrying her pocket knife, today was a bit different. Today she had her staff with her and wanted to give a whirl on some nearby poles.

She found a set of five pillars near the border of the training facility, and placed her hooves firmly on the ground. The base of her staff resting on the ground just in front of her, she closed her eyes tightly breathing in through her mouth and forcefully out through her nostrils before lowering her overall stance. Her right ear flicked back as she heard someone approaching.

OOC Warning: I have no power at my house so my Internet access is limited to my phone only, but I'm still very active anyhow! Would prefer an experienced RPer to sharpen and criticize after.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: Outta power and outta practice. Looking to sharpen my old RP skills.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »
Macid entered the arena, eying the horse and her staff. He could tell by her stance that she was by no means a master, but had the drive to learn. He stopped several feet away before talking. "Greetings. My name is Macid, the diamond lynx. I sense that you are trying to hone your skills as a fighter, are you not? Practicing against poles is fine for children, but for you I think a live opponent would be better." He discarded his robe, revealing very well toned abs and muscles. He wasn't a hulk, but you wouldn't want to tick him off. His claws extended from his paws, made of purple diamonds and as sharp as an eagle's talons. He bowed to the horse and stood in a defensive stance. "Whenever you are ready, you may begin."

I'll be happy to help you get back into roleplaying. Its common practice, though not necesarry to color code your speech, so its easier to see when reading.

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 03:23:30 AM »
Gelidus came in from the other direction, making just enough noise for the two to take notice. S/he found his/er way to a cold corner and sat down. S/he didn't even look up at the two, and they probably couldn't even tell s/he knew they were there. S/he kept her head down and simply stated: "I'll watch. No need for more than two in a spar. And this way I can correct your mistakes" S/he smiled and finally looked up at the two "Now lets see it."

OCC: I can pick a gender if you want. Sometimes i just prefer not to choose one though.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 04:05:29 AM »
She smirked and turned to face the diamond lynx. She bowed to him and spoke, "I am Katayida, it is an honor. Yes, I am looking to hone my skills. I have not worked with my staff in many moons, but I would love an opponent."

The mare rolled both of her shoulders back simultaneously, gripping her well worn, trusty staff in both hands. One hoof at a time, Kay, she thought to herself. Placing her left hoof out and slightly infront of her right, lowering herself down she makes her first move. Jesting forward and toward her opponent she uses her staff and swings it to the left and towards the lynx's left ankle.

OOC: Apparently my phone doesn't like color coding. I won't italisize my speech and it will have quotes around it for now until I can color code properly.

: Just use "ze" if you don't want to choose a gender. It's much easier for my brain to read.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:16:28 AM »
Macid jumped back, avoiding Katayida's swipe. "I'll try my best to be a worthy opponent." As quickly as she attacked him, he retaliated with a light jab to her face, not using his claws yet as he did not want to injure her.

One of the hardest parts of rp'ing is when fighting to find the balance between overpowered and underpowered. While it may be fun to dodge and block every blow, its not for everyone else. :P

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 04:48:30 AM »
She shook off the jab and smirked while gritting her teeth. "I was only testing you to see how high you can jump." The mare swooped her staff around and above her head, and then down with both hands, and a lot of force onto her opponents shoulders. She locked her elbows around her staff and her opponent almost appearing to hug him, but instead rendering his arms useless as they were now behind him, as her red oak staff has no give to it at all.

I know it, my old RP community, and I mean old, had a strict no powerplaying rule. So I generally only do moves that would be powerplays in real life, like this one, instead of powerplaying like shooting someones wing off, for example.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:54:43 AM »
Macid rose his hands to try and block the staff, but the strike was too heavy and connected with his shoulders causing him to groan in pain. In an instant, he was locked in her hold and could do nothing but squirm to try and free himself. "I've underestimated you. You're good."

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 02:22:12 PM »
Gelidus was still watching as the fight unfolded. Ze almost chuckled at the Lynx's mistake "Not quite fast enough Macid" Gelidus was a little more focused on the fight, as ze was a quite impressed with the horse's move. Ze would never say that out loud, though.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
My Father taught me well. He was the lead stallion of my old herd, and unfortunately was killed in a territory battle about 7 years ago. I started warrior training at the mere age of 5. She said to the lynx, releasing him from her grip, but not letting her guard down. "Can we do some jab/block sparring?" The mare asked inquisitively, hoppig back and forth on her hooves, with her 'dukes up.' It was something that she knew she was never very good at, and always ended up with a fat lip after training was over. "Your move first, no claws, no weapons." She sat aside her staff.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
Macid gasped for air as he was released. When he caught his breath, he got back into a fighting stance. "Sorry to hear about your father. CQC is my specialty and I assure you, your strength wont help you much here." He let lose a flurry of small jabs, not intended to hurt her, but to disorient her until he could throw a real punch.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 01:51:14 AM »
She managed to block a few of the small jabs he threw at her while she kept her hands in front of her face for peotection. Steping back from him and his tireless jabs she stomped at the ground, but there was little she could do except try to protect her face and watch his every move.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:16 AM »
Her stomp did nothing to slow Macid's jabs and he was happy that she was blocking them all. He felt it was time for a change up, however, and threw a solid low punch to her stomach. It was as fast as one of his jabs and much stronger.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »
"Ungh! I should have expected that coming." She said, and moved her right arm to hold her stomach, trying to catch her breath, and holding her left arm in front of her face. She then retaliated with both arms crossed in front of her and she charged at him, and dropped, quickly spinning around, with her left hand to her elbow on the ground to deliver a round-house style kick directed at his side. Her mighty hooves have helped her many times in the past, but this move has also gotten her into trouble a few times.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
Macid chuckled as Katayida reeled back from his blow. When she charged at him, he readied himself to deflect her blow but was caught off guard when she ducked and attempted to kick him. He jumped back into a back flip, his legs clipping with hers from not being fast enough and causing him to land on his stomach. He quickly got up and readied for the next attack. "Very good. Keeping your opponent guessing is an integral part of victory."

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »
She rallied her position to face Macid once again, and returned the chuckle. "That was impressive. I've never seen a move like that before." Kay lowered her overall stance to center herself over her hips and bent into her knees for a solid grounding before throwing out a series of quick jabs. They were not intended to hurt Macid, but rather to see how quickly she could move her arms, and control her actions while maintaining a balance of stamina. More importantly, to see if he would be able to block the hits she threw at him.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place