The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 24XX (OOC)  (Read 6643 times)

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
24XX (OOC)
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
Alright, it's been quite a while since I've RPed and I've been meaning to get back into it...so...what better way than to start a new RP myself and dive straight in?

It's the year 24XX, and the world has become a barren wasteland. Countless wars have reduced the population and natural resources to near destruction. The wars have ravaged the earth and much of our history has been lost to the sands of time: we are no longer even certain of the exact year, only the century. Mankind, alongside Anthros and advanced Androids, seeks to repair that which it has lost, almost totally dependant on technology to synthesise materials and food, for generating clean water and purifying the air of the few cities left standing in an empty world...
But even as the 3 races try to forget the past and build a new future, Anthros and Androids together find themselves oppressed, treated as second-class citizens and in dire cases sold off on the black market as slaves. The average human may not support such acts, but nobody speaks out against it either. Anthros are dying out and in danger of extinction, whilst the Androids find themselves increasingly paranoid of being captured and reprogrammed into mindless slaves, rather than the living beings they have become over the centuries of development.

And above it all, the shadowy ruler of this new world does nothing...the tyrant who stopped any outbreak or hint of further war...Emperor Draconis. Forever shrouded in mystery, few even know of his race, the average person never seeing anything more than his generals or the occasional broadcast of his voice. Is the oppression his fault?
Meanwhile, in underground hideouts and beyond the edges of the cities, a resistance starts to form...

Rules:
1. No killing other characters without permission
2. Keep it clean. Graphic details can help set the scene and emphasise the state of the world, but we don't want things to be too gruesome here. PG-13
3. No rushing ahead. If there's only 2 or 3 people posting between each other (out of several more people who are away), make sure you stop and give everyone else some time to join back in and keep up.
4. Common sense applies. Abide forum rules, use good spelling and grammar where you can (a few mistakes are fine, but sloppy writing can really detract from a RP sometimes)
5. You can play as more than one character, but I'd advise you to limit yourself to 3 at the most and preferably have one person be the main character. This is to help prevent confusion and keep the focus on developing the main character where possible.

Character info template
Name:
Race: (please note that the Androids are advanced enough that a good deal of them can eat, drink, sleep, reproduce, etc, although some are obviously more robotic in nature. Anthros can be any furry, scalie, avian, etc within reason. Humans are...humans <_<)
Description:
Bio:
(Optional) Weapons: (please try to keep it to the setting. It's the future, but its a pretty damaged one, so we're not going to see clean, awesome gadgets, but on the other hand ancient weapons like swords are going to be rare. A good rule of thumb is that if you've got some futuristic weapon, it's probably going to be a tad out of date and damaged: a second hand model from a recent war; whilst old-style weapons are mostly going to be remade, redesigned models using modern synthesised metals and generally kept as collectors items or relics from before the war)
(Optional) Abilities: (keep this within reason! Limit yourself to a few abilities and don't have them be too powerful. Faster healing, for example, is fine so long as we don't see someone who just got shot in the heart with a railgun completely healing after a few minutes.  Faster healing would mean that wounds would seal rather quick and the healing might take half as long)
(Optional) Other:

Well, here's my character:

Name: Flames (full name: HoKaze no Flames)
Race: Anthro - Fox, impure, likely has other species in his ancestry
Bio: Little is known about Flames. His records on the city databases trace his first six years of life and then mysteriously vanish...
Weapons: Holds a modified MK-II Plasma Blaster, a capable, if outdated, handgun from one of the last wars. Whilst weaker than the modern MK-III Plasma Blasters and the Enforcer Gauss Rifles used commonly by City Officials, it has the advantage of rarely needing to be recharged (or in the case of the Enforcer, reloaded). Appears to have a "charge shot" mod allowing for more powerful bursts of plasma that can overheat the gun or backfire on the wielder if overcharged.
Conceals an unknown-type melee weapon that resembles a katana compromised of energy shooting from the hilt. Does not match any known weapons...
Abilities: Body produces more adrenaline than usual when in a pinch, allowing increased reactions and strength for a short time, at the cost of slower healing and a weaker immune system than most.

(edit: Before I forget, feedback is appreciated. I won't start the actual RP until there's at least 2 people besides myself interested)

(edit 2: Just to clarify, this is strictly a sci-fi RP. That means we're in a futuristic setting, there's no magic and any abilities need some degree of explanation/justification, especially if they are particularly strong or notable. e.g. "Can summon fire from hands" is no good, but "Has hidden flamethrowers in hands with fuel within the main body" would be more than acceptable for an android...assuming they're a war android or have a good reason in their backstory to explain the hidden weapon. When in doubt about anything, use your common sense)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:11:14 PM by flames »
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: 24XX (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:07:05 PM »
Willl post after shower, just thought I throw this in, swords will never be rare because of there stealth ablity :P they shall never go out of style
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:55 PM »
Name: Chronin (Unit #0026)
Race: Andriod
Description: (Based on this model)
Bio: Unit #0026, self-designation 'Chronin', was not activated during the wars as the contractor no longer wanted androids in the form of anthros. He was put in cold storage, which was the only place that survived the bombing raid that came a week later. Luckily his container was insulated, making ice damage minimal.
Weapons: Energy claws
Abilities: He has the ability to create and manipulate fire through jets underneath his armor, but security codes keep him from using it to 'dangerous' levels. Prolonged use can also warp the body armor, and make it easier to inflict damage.
Other: The cold has affected his robotic mind to the point where he can only think normally when covered in his own fire. Otherwise, he can't come up with a plan, or even hear for some moments.

Yes, I like this rp, and I also decided to be a war android, a damaged one just for fairness standards.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:37:52 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
Thanks for the interest guys, I'll start the RP when we have a total of 3 people involved with completed character info. Hopefully this'll grow and gather some interest.

...Description: (Based on this model)...
...Yes, I like this rp, and I also decided to be a war android, a damaged one just for fairness standards.
Ah, Magma Dragon from MMX4? Should prove to be interesting. Speaking of fairness, I don't think this will be an issue as your character also has the issue of quite obviously being designed for war, which I'd imagine would attract unwanted attention and possibly present some difficulties when in one of the cities.

Will post after shower, just thought I throw this in, swords will never be rare because of there stealth ability :P they shall never go out of style
That's one long shower you're having there :P
I agree to some extent that those who are part of the resistance or have other reasons to carry weapons are likely to have melee weapons (although more likely something more modern and concealable), but considering that practically nobody makes such weapons anymore and they're not exactly common in the first place...
Melee weapons used by City Officials, Guards and the Emperor's Army tend to vary from collapsible truncheons and advanced "stun sticks" to (relatively rare) energy weapons. Remember that old-fashioned weapons, even if using futuristic alloys, aren't much good against armoured guards unless in very capable hands. ;)
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »
Wait, does this mean I nerfed him too much? :?
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »
Wait, does this mean I nerfed him too much? :?
Nah, just pointing out some weaknesses you might not have noticed in making the character and that most of the time people shouldn't have to nerf their characters. Being an old war model means that your character may attract people wanting to capture and reprogram him, but as a powerful (if a little old) war android he should be able to deal with most threats.
'course, I'm probably not the best to judge on how balanced everything is, seeing as I haven't RPed in a long, long time. Still, we won't know until the RP actually starts up and if there are balance issues, they should be easily fixable. Just gotta wait for some more interest to make sure that this thing actually goes somewhere.

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Grayish black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sarcastic . . .
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »
I'd love to join in, but I'll post my stuff after class.

Post Merge: August 23, 2011, 10:57:52 PM
You'll have to give me a little bit of a break considering I've actually never RPed before, but here is my character info

Name
: Boone
Race: Anthro, Black Fox
Description:
Bio: Used to work as a City Police Chief for a small budding town comprised mostly of Anthros, however Human raiders attacked the town to take it's inhabitants as slaves. Boone fought as well as he could during the attack but was eventually nearly killed by a grenade. The right side of his body suffered severe damage and he was presumed dead by the raiders. Luckily he was rescued by a mysterious man who used parts from an old android to rebuild his right arm, shoulder and a portion of his face (right eye and jaw). Since then he's been looking for revenge, not only on the raiders but on the heartless Emperor who allowed it to happen.
Weapons: Enforcer Guass rifle and a MK-III plasma blaster.
Abilities: Because of his "upgrades", he has improved vision (especially low light) and has quicker reaction time sometimes.
Other: None
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:57:52 PM by Tyler Zofox, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »
Alright, first post is up: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=17607.0

You'll have to give me a little bit of a break considering I've actually never RPed before, but here is my character info
No worries, I haven't RPed myself in what must be at least 2 years, so we're all going to be learning.

Weapons: Enforcer Gauss rifle and a MK-III plasma blaster.
I'll take this moment to expand a bit on the weapons:

The "Enforcer" Gauss Rifle is a high-power gauss gun that use several coils of electromagnets to accelerate a large calibre magnetic round at high speeds. The weapon is capable of punching through most conventional modern armour and any shielding they may have, as well as significantly damaging vehicles. However, the weapon has a very slow rate of fire as the coils have to recharge and it must recalibrate itself for the next round of ammo that is loaded.
This weapon is commonly used by members of the Emperor's army as their primary weapon. It can also be calibrated to shoot several smaller rounds one after each other without reloading and with a greater rate of fire, at the cost of power, accuracy and a greater reload time.

The MK-III Plasma Blaster (usually just shortened to "MK-III") is the current incarnation of the classic handgun. The MK-III can fire small shots of superheated plasma in quick succession with a good degree of accuracy at almost any range. This standard-issue weapon is used by soldiers, city officials enforcing the law and even some rebels. Whilst shots lack the punch or velocity of the Enforcer, the weapon is easier to conceal, easier to use and less situational.
The design is intended to eliminate overheat issues of the previous model, but constant firing can wear out the charge faster. The Blaster can handle about 300 shots before it needs recharging or roughly 200 if fired near-constantly. If there is still some charge remaining the MK-III will slowly recharge over time when not in use but if completely drained or in a situation where time is of the essence, the power pack can be replaced like a regular clip of ammunition. The MK-III is enough to penetrate or burn most armours and does fair damage against energy shields. Enough concentrated fire can also be used against armoured and shielded vehicles to cause some damage, but true anti-vehicle support lies outside the MK-III's capabilities.

The MK-II Plasma Blaster (shortened to "MK-II") is the older model of the Plasma Blaster, used in countless previous wars as the standard handgun for just about everybody. It's constant use of the years has led to countless upgrades and mods being available in addition to making the weapon itself fairly easy to find for resistance members, compared to the MK-III. The MK-II is slightly less powerful than the MK-III with less power per shot, slightly slower firing speed and the tendency for shots to lose power over significant distances. The weapon also tends to overheat and become temporarily unusable if fired constantly for too long, unlike the MK-III, which simply loses charge faster.
However, the MK-II has a much faster recharge rate, can fire between 500 and 1000 shots without recharging (depending on the condition of the weapon and any upgrades it may have) and as such it is rare to see anybody reloading the power pack. The charge shot mod allows the MK-II to use up more charge than usual for a larger, more powerful shot that is more effective than the MK-III at disrupting shields and is able to deal more significant damage to vehicles. Charge shots take a few seconds to build up and require a cool-down period afterwards however, and overcharging a shot can result in overheating the blaster or the blast backfiring on the user. Countless other mods exist...

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »
Cool, that's actually perfect for what I expected the Enforcer to be, somewhat like a rail gun right? I was just gonna use it as an even more powerful single shot, long range type rifle and when we got into closer combat Boone would switch to the MK-III for some up close and personal fighting. That cool?

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
Cool, that's actually perfect for what I expected the Enforcer to be, somewhat like a rail gun right? I was just gonna use it as an even more powerful single shot, long range type rifle and when we got into closer combat Boone would switch to the MK-III for some up close and personal fighting. That cool?
Gauss Guns/coilguns and railguns are very similar but vary slightly on how they propel the projectile as well as practicality and power issues in real life. I think this sums it up:
Quote from: TheMerovingian
1) Coilguns are cheaper
1b) Coilgun projectiles can be recycled (well, if you don't lose them or impact them on a very hard surface at high velocities)
2) Coilguns are more silent
3) Coilguns may require less experience
4) Coilguns can be scaled down very easily (unfortunately scaling up, is much more difficult)
5) Coilguns will not wake up your neighbours everytime you fire.
6) Coilguns will not fall apart after one hundred shots
7) Coilguns doesn't spray toxic metal bits during firing (well, if they don't explode)

on the other side:
1)Railguns look cooler
2)Railguns have less complex theory
3)Railguns can be built more powerful simply adding caps and channel lenght
4)A Railgun blowing a hole in a wall can be built, a coilgun less likely

And yeah, that style of combat is likely what the soldiers of the Emperor's army as well as any other rebels likely use who have both weapon. I must admit that I wasn't expecting anyone to use the weapons I briefly mentioned in my own character info but I guess this means I had to think about the setting more, how the weapons worked, etc, so in the long run I'm glad you picked those as your weapons.

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »
So should I name it something else, since it's going to be more of a rail gun than the actual enforcer you described. And also, for practicality sake, since it's such a big weapon, Boone only ever carries it into combat, or in a case when traveling, so Mostly he'll just have the MK-III on him.

Also, A few questions on the actual RP, what exactly do you "want", if that's the right word, to happen, or how do you expect events to play out so I don't just ruin things?

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
Good thinking about practicality and as for naming, well it's up to you. Personally, ignoring inner workings, science and real life matters, for RP purposes I think Railguns and Gauss Guns are effectively the same thing. Still, if you want your own unique weapon then go for it.

As for the RP, I'm going to try and keep it as open as possible for the time being. It's been a long time since I last RPed and I don't want to put people off by being too controlling or trying to force a route. It's a free world and so long as you don't do anything overly out of character or massively super disruptive, anything goes.
For what I "want"...well again, I want this to be fairly open and everybody being free to take whatever path they take but in the long term (assuming this ever becomes popular enough and actually gets somewhere) I'd imagine that people would mostly be looking into the hidden villages and towns free from oppression, seeking to aid the resistance movement that is currently mostly rumours whispered about and maybe even expose the Emperor and turn the world on its head.

Still, let's wait and see how things go. That's just one possible path to take.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 12:10:48 AM »
Name: Meredith

Race: Android

Description: (If you ever played fallout out, think about the android the guys from the common wealth hire you to find) A slim female with tan skin and silk black hair. She commonly wears leather gloves that go bellow her elbow, and an all black Rinoa looking out fit (ff8)

Bio: Meredith remembers nothing prior to her waking up on a metal table, nude, with her colthing of choice folded on the floor. She woke up with the understanding of everything going on, her name, and some physical training but she doesn't know why she knows this. She gets by selling her services to diffrent factions, including the government. She mainly sticks to coveropts and retrieval missions, but she has been hired to do direct attacks.

Weapons: A modern version mp4, which she names addonexus, equipped with a silencer and a scope. While not as powerful as a MK-III or as fast as a MK-II Meredith finds it to be extremely accurate and efficient. Addonexus his a needle in its grip that punctures Meredith's hand, hooking up to her mainframe giving her an accuracy boost, not to mention that is how it gets its round. (can go into more detail if desired)

Abilities: Meredith can conduct electricity through her palms. Upon touch it can stun, disrupt robotic sensory, and tamper with shields. She is not immune to her own pulse, and she can only use it once or twice before needing to give it time to recharge (along with that arm.)

Other: She is very nimble and fast, though not strong and durable. Most would say she was human, except maybe a tad who know her.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 12:16:01 AM »
I forgot to mention earlier, but Boone wears an eyepatch over his bionic eye and the rest of his "improvements" are covered by clothing, so most people don't notice it. The only part that's visible is the portion of his reconstructed jaw.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »
Character information
Ah! My apologies, I must have completely missed your post in this thread. I can see nothing of fault here, so be sure to jump in at any time.

If anybody feels that the current pacing is too slow or there any other issues/questions, be sure to swing by here and say it. I want to make this RP enjoyable for all and preferably be something that keeps interest. Suggestions are improved and if anything I've said about the setting, weapons, etc seems out of place, odd or just plain unworkable to you, be sure to chip in (so long as you have you justifications)!

Weapons: A modern version mp4, which she names addonexus, equipped with a silencer and a scope. While not as powerful as a MK-III or as fast as a MK-II Meredith finds it to be extremely accurate and efficient. Addonexus his a needle in its grip that punctures Meredith's hand, hooking up to her mainframe giving her an accuracy boost, not to mention that is how it gets its round. (can go into more detail if desired)
This will more than suffice for the RP but for my own curiosity, I'd like to know a bit more, especially regarding the ammunition. The way I'm reading this is that the gun effectively still uses traditional bullets but these are fed from the android's own body via the needle? Or is power merely drawn from Meredith's own supply? The main reason traditional bullet weaponry aren't mentioned at all amongst common weapons in use is because most traditional-style guns generally can't give anything short of high calibre shots enough penetrating power to do any real damage against average armour and bullets are near-useless against shielding systems.
That being said, if we assume that the gun is highly efficient and that the ammunition is made of modern alloys that have higher durability (allowing them to be fired at higher speeds without weakening from the heat from the friction and also causing a stronger impact)...

Well, guns like that would certainly work but they'd like be expensive and custom-made. I'd say that considering the character's position they'd likely be using custom stuff anyway and with that electrical ability, the issue of bullets being ineffective against shields is solved. Maybe I'm being overly complex about all this but basically what I'm saying is that I think this will work.