The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 24XX (OOC)  (Read 6646 times)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: 24XX (OOC)
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »
Name:Michael Chapman
Race: Feline
Description: Check my profile
Bio: His entire family was evaporated by a strange beam, with the exception of his father, who was decapitated by a bulldozer that an evil jackal-like alien filled with scorpions. (Sands of Oblivion lol) He values life, so he only destroys pure evil. (He doesn't do it for revenge, though. He just knows that too much evil is a bad thing.)
Weapons: Returning dagger (It's like a boomerang: It always comes back.) (I have to put this in here... I love it.) (I attached a photo so you can have a rough idea of what it looks like.)
Abilities: Has a seemingly endless supply of throwing knives (usually picks up any pieces of metal he can find as he goes along and then shapes them into knives); is paraphenetic (Seems to be everywhere at once; is actually just quick-moving [However, does not have super-speed]); does not eat and drink like a normal anthro; instead, he photosynthesizes. (However, this process has caused his blood to turn green.) (He can photosynthesize due to a family trait that started when his father's father injected a plant serum into his bloodstream.)
Other:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:43:54 AM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
Bio: His entire family was killed by a group of demons, his father decapitated by a bulldozer. He values life, so he only destroys pure evil... such as demons. (He doesn't do it for revenge, though. He just knows that too much evil is a bad thing.)
Weapons: Enchanted returning dagger (I have to put this in here... I love it.)
Oh. Uh...where to start with this? Perhaps I didn't quite make this clear in my original post, but this is a strictly sci-fi RP. Whilst sci-fi and fantasy often do cross over, this is not the case for this RP, so no demons or enchantments, magic or anything of that sort.

Abilities: Has an endless supply of throwing knives; is paraphenetic; doesn't need to eat or drink.
...I've got no problem with the throwing knives, even if they are out of place, but having an "endless supply" wouldn't work in this setting and genre. The whole "not needing to eat or drink" thing needs explanation, especially as your character appears to be an Anthro. Some androids are designed so they don't eat but they still need to get their energy from somewhere.
As for "paraphenetic"...You're going to have to explain to me what that is. I ran a few searches on the internet and the results list is rather short with a few of the results being times you've used the word yourself on this forum and as part of a character sheet on animeforum.org late last month.

So in brief, I don't know whether its my fault for not making things clear about this RP, but this information needs quite a few changes. If you can change it to more closely fit in with the setting and make sure it's fairly balanced like everybody else's I'll be happy to welcome you to the RP.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »
Chrono if you wish could come "visit you" so you don't have to keep rping by your self, if not I have my only little internal story going on.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2011, 02:49:31 AM »
Bio: His entire family was killed by a group of demons, his father decapitated by a bulldozer. He values life, so he only destroys pure evil... such as demons. (He doesn't do it for revenge, though. He just knows that too much evil is a bad thing.)
Weapons: Enchanted returning dagger (I have to put this in here... I love it.)
Oh. Uh...where to start with this? Perhaps I didn't quite make this clear in my original post, but this is a strictly sci-fi RP. Whilst sci-fi and fantasy often do cross over, this is not the case for this RP, so no demons or enchantments, magic or anything of that sort.

Abilities: Has an endless supply of throwing knives; is paraphenetic; doesn't need to eat or drink.
...I've got no problem with the throwing knives, even if they are out of place, but having an "endless supply" wouldn't work in this setting and genre. The whole "not needing to eat or drink" thing needs explanation, especially as your character appears to be an Anthro. Some androids are designed so they don't eat but they still need to get their energy from somewhere.
As for "paraphenetic"...You're going to have to explain to me what that is. I ran a few searches on the internet and the results list is rather short with a few of the results being times you've used the word yourself on this forum and as part of a character sheet on animeforum.org late last month.

So in brief, I don't know whether its my fault for not making things clear about this RP, but this information needs quite a few changes. If you can change it to more closely fit in with the setting and make sure it's fairly balanced like everybody else's I'll be happy to welcome you to the RP.
Ah, yes, Anime Forums...
As you could tell from the character sheet, I joined during the period of time that I believed that I had been banned from here. (I fell victim to the notorious fake ban... I only found out it was fake because of a friend of mine who had decided to join the forums.)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »
*Updated character info*
I see you've made a few changes. It's a lot better but I'm sorry to say it still feels a tad out of place and a few elements seem...odd.
...decapitated by a bulldozer that an evil jackal-like alien filled with scorpions...
Alright, I know I said it was sci-fi and all but this RP focuses on a futuristic but barren Earth. Aliens would probably have little reason to visit or even detect the planet and if they did, there'd be little we could do about it as transport technology has regressed massively and there's currently neither the knowledge nor resources to even send more satellites up into orbit, let alone deal with alien threats.
Not to say that aliens couldn't be involved later down the line but having to deal with them as well as the endless stream of issues simply surviving on Earth has...it's sort of derailing from the main focus.
Also, forgive me for saying this but that death is just...bizarre. o.O
Abilities: Has a seemingly endless supply of throwing knives (usually picks up any pieces of metal he can find as he goes along and then shapes them into knives); is paraphenetic (Seems to be everywhere at once; is actually just quick-moving [However, does not have super-speed]); does not eat and drink like a normal anthro; instead, he photosynthesizes. (However, this process has caused his blood to turn green.) (He can photosynthesize due to a family trait that started when his father's father injected a plant serum into his bloodstream.)
Okay, this is an improvement although I'd probably say that you might have a few too many abilities and that they're pretty unusual/powerful, especially compared to what everybody else in the RP has. Still, I suppose this could work. The near-endless supply of knives is balanced out by the fact that throwing knives won't really have much effect against anyone except those without any armour or thugs whose armour has plenty of gaps. Throwing knives wouldn't have any real effect on any guards with even half-way decent equipment and soldiers, war androids, etc probably wouldn't even notice them hitting.
The "paraphenetic" thing seems a bit overpowered...you say it's not super speed, but anyone who's fast enough to appear to be "everywhere at once" pretty much counts as super speed to me. Sure it may not mean you can run in a straight line at the speed of sound or anything like that but it seems like you'd be fast enough to be near impossible to hit in combat scenarios...
Finally, with the photosynthesis...this is acceptable. Considering how much of the world has been ravaged by nuclear weaponry, the great damage to the environment, pollution, etc, this means that the sun is usually hidden behind clouds, smog, etc. I'm going to assume that your character's photosynthesis is far more efficient than any mere plant's version (otherwise even under constant sunlight you probably wouldn't have the strength to move). In this setting photosynthesis would likely mean that you'd have the most strength in areas outside the cities where there is no nuclear fallout to blot out the sun and in smaller cities which have less pollution.

Sorry to be such a pain about this and have you keep changing things but as it currently stands your character stands out like a sore thumb and certain elements seem to be overpowered whilst others are underpowered for the setting.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline JinxTheRabbit

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hi
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Mostly black with various blue markings on his face and body.
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 140 pounds
  • Build: Just lean. No chiseled abs or huge muscles. Just lean.
  • Currently: breathing
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2011, 03:52:33 AM »
Name: Jinx
Race: Anthro, Rabbit with the TINIEST bit of coyote
Description:
Bio: Oscar was the only person Jinx ever trusted. Oscar was the only person Jinx ever knew truly. For Jinx had no memories of parents. Oscar was always like a father to him. He taught Jinx everything he knew about being a rogue. Lockpicking, stealth, and assassinations. By the time he was 6, Jinx had witnessed more murders then most do in a life time. He was taught not to be afraid of death.Until the night, Oscar and Jinx were attacked by humans that worked for draconis. Jinx was pinned down and forced to watch oscar get brutally beaten. After several pounds, Oscar looked up at Jinx, bruised and bloodied. and then a gun was pointed to his head. And with a pull and a click, Jinx's only friend was gone. And that sparked anger. Jinx killed all three humans that were there that night. He butchered them. He was only ten years old...And with that,  he knew it was time for him to fend on his own.  Now 11 years later, he is 21 and his heart has turned cold. he does not use the word mercy. He is a conman, a thief, and killer. He does what he needs to do to survive. He LIVES to survive. Now, death and murder are normal to him. He jokes about sick things no one would ever speak of, and life has just become a little crazy game he plays.
Weapons: He has knives hidden everywhere on his body. In his jacket, in his boots, and in his pants. He also carries around two small blasters.
Abilities: Lockpicking, stealth, and the strength to watch 1000 innocents brutely murdured without even flintching. He is numb to the thought of death.
Other: is a bit of a smoker. Plays guitar and carries one around.

P.S.: this is my first ever roleplay, so i'm gonna try realy hard :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:04:54 AM by JinxTheRabbit »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 04:20:15 AM »
Bio: His entire family was evaporated by a strange beam, with the exception of his father, who was decapitated by a bulldozer that an evil jackal-like alien filled with scorpions.

Which is more bizarre, the cause of death, or the assailant who brought it about?

I'd say your family was brought out to be executed in a line, and you only survived because your father was the first to act and had you hidden away.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:23:09 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011, 04:24:18 AM »
Why is everyone useing knifes, I wanted to but I thoguht we weren't allowed Oo...
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline JinxTheRabbit

• Vibrating Furby
  • Hi
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2011, 04:33:52 AM »
So do we just wait for our character sheet to be approved?

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Grayish black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Sarcastic . . .
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 05:09:40 AM »
Yeah, usually. Also, Chrono, were you referring to Flames and I in your last post?

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 05:20:35 AM »
Yeah, usually. Also, Chrono, were you referring to Flames and I in your last post?
Yes I was, and it doesn't even have to be explainable... it could just be a bluff.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline JinxTheRabbit

• Vibrating Furby
  • Hi
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2011, 05:21:51 AM »
kthx. Guess ill wait till tommorow XP

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
My apologies for the wait everyone, I see you've been busy whilst I've not been around. Probably a result of time zones meaning you guys are active when I'm staring at the ceiling trying to sleep XD

P.S.: this is my first ever roleplay, so i'm gonna try realy hard :D
That's a pretty good character sheet for your first try, pretty detailed bio. Hmm...I don't think I can see anything there that's out of place or inappropriate. A few more details on the blasters perhaps would be nice (either in this thread or touched upon in the actual RP) but its not necessary. I'm a bit confused as to why so many people are relying on knives, but with your character...I'd say it works with your character as they rely on stealth rather than direct fighting so you're more likely to be able to attack an armoured part of someone's body or catch them off-guard out of armour. The 2 blasters means you're not going to be helpless in a firefight, so...
Yeah, start posting when you're ready.

Why is everyone useing knifes, I wanted to but I thoguht we weren't allowed Oo...
I don't know why. If you're using knifes you're really making life difficult for yourself as even knifes made of the strongest alloys won't cause any real damage to shielding or most armour and even in the areas between the metal there's bound to be some kevlar-like protection there which will limit the damage you can do even at those weak spots. Knives are enough to deal with common thugs, innocent civilians, maybe a few underequipped resistance members, low-ranking guards and maybe assassination attempts indoors.
Knives, swords, spears, etc are all very rare meaning that anyone who has a good supply of them likely made most of them themselves or got very lucky. Whilst such weapons are allowed, please note that they're very limited in what good they can actually do and that using more setting-appropriate weapons is encouraged.

Please do try to fit into the setting where you can.

Which is more bizarre, the cause of death, or the assailant who brought it about?
Hm, don't think I could choose between the two. Both seem very...out of place.

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
Yeah, I've only got a knife and a staff because my character is severely underequiped, and doesn't know where to get better stuff yet, but she's working on meeting up with Boone, and Flames in a way that now might get her arrested/shot.

/creeper

XD
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline JinxTheRabbit

• Vibrating Furby
  • Hi
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 02:23:12 PM »
thx flames! i have a feeling this'll be real fun :D

Post Merge: September 05, 2011, 04:55:07 PM
Hey, sorry if my first post was a little confusing. I had to write it on my ipod. My laptop will be fixed soon :P. Ya for sum reason, when i changed the color of my writing, it wouldnt submit with that color. My ppsts will haz color soon :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:55:07 PM by JinxTheRabbit, Reason: Merged DoublePost »