The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame: The Shard  (Read 24715 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: Everflame: The Shard
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:23:12 AM »
"Every year there's more of them." The Queen sat back in her chair, her eyes closed and her ears twitching to the noise of boots, shoes and feet on the freshly brushed dirt.. "Two thousand?" she said. Her make-up artist, a swan who twitched and fluttered about the Queen's head, nodded in agreement.
"Life is good your majesty. Your people thrive." She plucked and preened at the Queen's brow then proceeded to extend her eyelashes
"For now. All the while, little contraptions are made in secret above our heads in treetops and clouds. The sky could--"
"Open your eyes please?" the swan said. The Queen did as she was told.
"The sky could fall on us if we're not careful," she said at last.
"Well that's why you're here and, Seeker protect us, that's why the high priestess is here." She picked up a wooden comb and brushed through the Queen's short hair. "Okay, I think you're ready," she said, and the Queen breathed deep.
"Go ask how long it'll be until I'm up," she said. The swan nodded and made a hurried shuffle to the door. She opened it and found the High Priestess ready to knock, dressed at her most elaborate with pieces of wood and bone clattering together.
"Oh, good morning High Priestess." She curtseyed and the Priestess replied with a smile.
"Seeker be with you, girl." The swan curtseyed again then slid past into the corridor. The High Priestess stepped in and closed the door behind her. "Nervous?"
"Not really, Kara. Wasn't it you who said that my softest whisper could inspire the stones themselves?" The Queen looked back with a wry grin. High Priestess Karabelle Kara rolled her eyes.
"So you're calling me that too?" she asked.
"Do you mind?" The Queen shifted to sit sideward on her seat and leaned on the back.
"No I prefer it... Tiz" she replied with a knowing smirk. The Queen drooped at the name.
"Right, I get you," she said. The Priestess smirked a little harder and her eyes glimmered in the smile, but it quickly fled. She watched the Queen, searching her face with a prying stare.
"You know the head of those... shard people are here," she said. She almost spat the words out.
"Yes I am aware of them," replied the Queen. "And I am aware of your opinion on them, but they are just as much part of our community as you or I," she said. The High Priestess folded her wings in front of her and huffed in frustration.
"They are not part of my community. They're blasphemers." There was a harsh scratch of distaste to her voice.
"Yes well religion is your duty, not mine. They are welcome here in my city."

The crowd flowed and swayed like blades of grass as they shuffled into the Grand Theatre. Its walls curled around in a great oval, with a stage at its head where the walls grew into a great sculpture of reaching antennae, representing those of the Goddess Seeker. Beyond that was the surface city, covered in new buildings and housing for the surface workers. Buildings were often nothing more than huts made of wood and dried dung. Often they had wooden windows and a courtyard at the front with beds made of slices of wood tied together.The entrance to the theatre faced away toward the waterways and roads out to the towns. In front of this entrance stood a statue of their founder, Tina Mabaton, in modest robes that clung to a generous and youthful figure. She looked down to the stone held in her hands. Through a gap in the stone, a red gem shone when the light was right. Young trees grew beside the statue and loomed over her. They would often shade the gem, but if one looked closely they would see it hidden in the rock.

Dim Lane shuffled through the crowd, occasionally being politely marshaled by volunteers to get to seats (which weren't much more than stone steps) without much pushing and shoving. He kept his eyes open, searching the crowd, and often hopped up to get a glimpse at any important figures. The white robes and tall stature he was looking for were hard to miss. He darted for them, keeping his eye trained on them as an volunteer approached them.

Aman S. Mongoste strode through the crowd. His large stature towered over the rest and his white robes shone in the morning light, while the dark diamond sat like a vortex of colour on his chest. The only thing taller than he was his assistant's staff that only just peaked past his ear tip.
"Enjoy yourself, Entaru," he said. "I'm expecting quite a lot from today; probably more than anyone else is." He gave a quick wink to Entaru, but then felt a small hand on his arm.
"Excuse me sir, town--
"Don't touch my robes." He snatched his sleeve away and locked a young wallaby boy with a stare.
"My apologies sir." The boy wrung his hands together and gave a nervous little grimace. "But town leaders are expected on the left most seats by stage, if you could just follow me sir." He turned slow and headed through the crowd, making sure not to step on any material.
"Good," said Aman and followed along while he checked his sleeve for stains or scuffs.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:43:19 AM »
Aria walked through the crowd with great reluctance, she had no real interest in going to the ceremony, she had other things to do besides sit and watch older to old people talk about the 'Seeker' and such. she basically wanted to go back to work and finish cataloging. she knew there was going to be loud cheers and such, her ears were flat on her head, to maybe block out the endless chatter that went on. her intelligent green eyes darted across the crowd, looking for a familiar face or two. she saw Dim in the distance, heading straight for a important figure, she rolled her eyes and thought of course....always after the important figures...poor guy is being mauled by volunteers she would get his attention if she only had the ability to speak or even make a sound. in any case she went the opposite direction, going to find a much high spot to sit on then sit on stone seats.

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:04:16 AM »
Ten thousand years ago, up in space, General Caisen clung to her seat. The ship she was in screamed as it stretched and tore before being flung into the void of hyperspace, burning through beyond sound and light. Stars whirled and blurred, spewing colour and the sound of the universe roared. Every frequency increased, every sound from every star and planet shrieked past as the ship blasted among them. Across every molecule of the galaxy the ship sliced. The hull cracked, the air escaped, and the engines screamed their last spurt of energy. They dropped out of hyperspace and drifted for a moment until gravity took hold. A planet peered up and pulled them toward it, down into a field of white stems and purple flowers. They were dragged toward it, hurtling to the ground. It raced to meet them, the flowers waving until the ship slammed into the ground. Dirt tore and the glass screen snapped. The hull crushed and burst, spilling its innards across the meadow. Chunks of metal bounced and tore while the ship scraped into the dirt until it eventually stopped.

Little-Hands rode across the field on the back of her great feral lizard, Saviour. She wore a short red tunic and a her pocket was crammed with flowers. The large lizard strode through the flowers and its long tail stretched out behind it, swinging over the blooming heads. They approached the craft, weaving past the chunks of wreckage, eyes wide at it all. The girl looked around at everything, seeing them new and strange. The lizard kept its distance until the girl leaned forward and whispered into his ear. He looked around, then with a resigning sigh, crept forward. He nosed through the wreckage, past hull plating and pushed through the pierced metal body. The girl climbed forward to its head and peered through inside the ship, finding two unmoving humanoids with alien suits nestled in the cockpit. She clambered forward off Saviour's head and landed on what used to be the kitchen floor. Silver bags were spewed all over the floor and she picked a few up and stuffed them in her other pocket, and then headed toward the strange humanoids. She clambered onto the general's chair and peered into her helmet, finding a vixen, rather than some strange twisted alien. She reached under her tunic and pulled out a knife, then poked at the space suit, finding little joints to lift and twist. She soon had the helmet off and reached inside, feeling her way along the general's clothes. She patted pockets and bulges until she hit metal. She gripped hold and pulled it out; a strange L-shaped contraption. She stuffed it in her pocket and then went through the same process with the Serval. Once she got the second little trinket, along with the silver bags, she cut at the seat restraints, then dragged them, one at a time, back through the ship to the gaping hole where Saviour peered in.
"Schenas shterada Saka," she said, and the lizard picked them up and held them in his mouth. The girl climbed on top of the lizard and caught sight of someone shifting through the grass.
"Oy!" she yelled. "Away, away. Go!" She yelled, while the lizard growled. The sneaking intruder stood up, a kitten, and ran stumbling back through the grass toward a village close by. Little-Hands watched the child until it disappeared, then they turned and headed off across the fields back home.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:08:11 AM »
A panther sat in a circle drawn by his own hand, five pillars each tethering his body to the self-highlighted location. His breathing was the only sound in the room, steadily breathing in and out, in and out. The repetition keeping his thoughts quiet and his emotions non-existent. With every breath he counted five seconds. After exactly a thousand breaths, He rolled onto his back and planted his feet down as he started doing sit-ups. The dome, through his eyes, had started to flicker into darkness.

"So, how are things treating you in seventh sector, Briggs?" He said aloud, with no soul to listen but himself.
"Pretty quiet, got some nice booze, met a few girls... but couldn't score." The dome was gone now, he was in a military base and was also tinkering with his plasma rifle.
"Let me guess, they were more interested in the girls on the base than in you." He cursed under his breath as he dropped the pen torch, his talons pushing it away as he rolled up his armored sleeves to get a better reach.
"You were right Chronin, most of the women here are homosexual, and the rest are already married or engaged." He finally picked up the pen and had resumed the touch-ups on the rifle.
"With any luck, the first woman you'll find that is interested in you, she'll want the payment up front before bending over." The wolf jabbed him in the waist while laughing at the comment.
"'Wise-cracks gets you a cracked rib', remember Sargent Yavik telling us that during Basic?" He smiled at the memory, but was still focused on his rifle.
"I believe that was the same day I broke two of his ribs during CQC sparring. I wish he was still around to give me those two wise-cracks." regret stabbed into his chest as the war flashed through his mind. Now he was on his back, his abdomen sore from the exercise, and a strong heat filling his body.

"By the Seeker, I'm already missing Tiz and its only been ten thousand breaths." He resumed his breathing exercise, waiting for the intense pain to dull before sitting upright again.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:10:33 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »
Aria walked along a nearby building, high enough to be above all the people and low enough for them to see her, she looked over the crowd and smiled, she saw that some people were looking at her oddly. Aria already knew she was an odd character, she thought and saw things differently then most people. the idea of women ruled world was just as bad as a men ruled world, equality was her belief, but she could never express her ideas, since no one would take her seriously. many have thought what a pitiful character she is, couldn't speak, could only stare and make gestures with her hands that made others feel awkward. though she was not a rebellious character as she would of been, many have enjoyed and even taken advantage of her silence.

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »
Entaru strode beside his lord, relatively dwarfed by him but not quite as much as those shuffling around them.  His robes flowed behind him as he walked, a snow white cowl covering his features.  Hearing his master address him, he nodded eagerly. "I will, sir!  This will be a momentous day for all." As the wallaby gripped his master's arm, he was tempted to crack the boy over the head with his staff.  Watching his master head for his seat, Entaru bows in a gesture of farewell.  "May the Shard be with you, sir!" Turning about he pushes his way through the crowd, using his staff to make openings between people by smacking their feet or pushing them aside.  Finally towards the front of the crowd, he watches and waits eagerly for the celebration to truly commence.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:14:39 AM by Entaru »

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 05:18:59 AM »
The serval within the suit, stirred slightly as he was being carried. Under his eyelids, his eyes would be darting to different directions as he fell into a cold sweat. His mouth moved as the feline mumbled, as if he was talking to someone he was currently seeing. Inside the feline's mind he was once again inside the Sphere, intact and untouched from the past real world events but void of life and activity. More specifically he was inside the facility he worked in, walking through the empty steel corridors that were stained in blood from the ceilings to the floor.

“What I would give, to live a normal life.” he mumbled as he move along, taking unsteady steps as he felt his entire body aching from the crash. In his ear was a small cellular device.

A voice rang from the device, into the male's ears, echoing loudly through his thoughts as his eyes darted to each puddle of blood. “Yes... but your fate wishes other wise...”

“A fate I did not ask for. Now I am being chased by an blood crazed colossal alien demon.” The cat snarled after spinning around to face a plane of glass/ His reflection was replaced by another entity who stared at him and mimicked his actions. The entity had jet black fur, and took a jackal like appearance.

“I am sorry, but you could have ended it all. You do have a gun... you know. It only takes the use of three muscles... give it a try,” the Jackal spoke through the device as it gave the feline a disturbing grin.
“Now... I need you to wake up, and see once more...” The creature spoke with a fading voice as everything seemed to grow brighter till it was almost blinding.

In the real world, the Serval's eyes cracked open as he gave a soft grunt when he was met a wave of invasive bright light.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Sunlight glimmered off the water of the river, between tall reeds and over the many boats that travelled slowly between this marshy jungle. Imshi sat at one end of the family's long reed fishing barge, her eyes following the darting movements of her little bird companion. Vin dived and swerved, an electric blue blur skimming the surface of the river, chasing down the buzzing insects that hung above the water. Imshi couldn't help but smile as she watched the bird in his carefree ways, her own feathered wings flicking and twitching in time, as though she wished to take flight and join him.

Her smile continued as she glanced over at the prow of the boat, and the lone figure who sat staring into the glistening water with a wistful look in his blue eyes. She studied him in the warm sunlight now, his usual hunting leathers gone and replaced with her own clan's traditional weaves. Imshi finally gave in and called softly to him "Yenchi... Yenchi!"

Yenchi looked up at the second call of his name and glanced back down the length of the boat. He too smiled as they met eyes, the smile widening as she stood and walked between the many other fisherwomen and servants to sit beside him. He smirked and let one hand trail back into the water, feeling it ripple through his fingers. "Halloa Tessie."

Still smiling Imshi Teresa leaned against the side of the boat and watched the feline curiously. Nobody else would have dared to you use the shortened version of her clan name, it was considered childish at best by the women of Teresa, and yet here this boy said it and she smirked and said joyfully "Halloa yourself!" She shifted where she sat and mimicked Yenchi's position, letting her fingertips break the shimmering surface of the river. A small shiver ran down Yenchi's back as she pressed close beside him and as he glanced sidelong at Imshi he couldn't help but feel hurt that she did not look back at him with the same yearning in her eyes.

At the back of the reed barge Imshi's mother steered the tiller, sharing a little look with her husband. They both watched the two, sitting at the prow and smiling, carefree and young.

Both shared the little glance again and a faint frown creased the vixen's forehead as the procession of boats broke free of the reeds. It was as though a curtain had been lifting, bringing the boats and those who sat in them out from a world of greens into the bright and unfiltered sunshine. The boats slid out into open water that gave the first view of Tina city.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:04 PM »
Dim Lane slipped through the crowd, heading to the left side, ducking his head into the mass of bodies. One of the bodies was in his way. A big one. He looked up and saw a Gorilla staring him down.
"Sorry sir, this area is for Town Leaders only." The guard was like a statue. Dim peered around him and found the Shard Leader, some way ahead. He tapped the ground his foot and looked around.
"Right right, well I am a Town..." Over in the crowd, the 7ft staff stuck out against the white robes like an ant in a bag of rice. "No I'm not," He said with a smile and slipped back into the crowd, leaving a grumbling guard behind him.
He hopped and scuttled through the crowd, hopping now and then, keeping his eye on the target, getting closer with each look. He dove into the lower area where the crowd stood up against the stage, and he squeezed himself in, popping up beside Entaru. "Hi!" he said, prodding the fox on the shoulder.

A small, brightly coloured frog stepped on stage with her long robes that flowed behind her in bright green. She stood at the centre and looked out across the stage, her arms out calling for quiet. The volunteers helped, shushing and rushing people to their seats. Soon the raucous rumble of a thousand conversations calmed to the slightest murmur.
"Good morning my friends, Seeker be with you all." Her voice was high but reached loud across the Theatre and even beyond. The murmur of the crowd settling to mere whispers. "Welcome to our Gratitude of the Seeker. There will be food, games and entertainment to come, but first I implore you to applaud our speakers today. Head Priestess Karabelle Kara, and Queen Tizzarath Nather." She put her hands together in applause and the crowd followed suit. Cheers erupted as the two women emerged onto the stage. The Priestess bloomed in the most extravagant plants and animals with colours that burned like the sun, while against her, the modest and small mouse hybrid stood and oozed confidence. She looked out the crowd, raised her hand in the slightest wave and the people gave a second wave of cheers.

Little-Hands rode Saviour through the field, and the two unconscious bodies flopped in the lizard's mouth, their suits open and the new air pushed into their lungs. The smell of the sea seeped through and the sound of waves on rocks crashed through their heads. The lizard stepped to the beach and clambered onto the rocks, darkened by water, heading to a cave that led deep into the rock until daylight failed to reach.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
Another grunt escaped the serval's maw as his eyes shut once more, to protect themselves from the sunlight. He felt himself getting closer to falling asleep once more, being reassured by the soothing scent of the sea and sounds. However he forced himself to stay awake when he felt something wasn't right. He felt his body being moved, bouncing around limply as if he was a rag doll  in the grasp of a child. He cracked his eyes open once more to witness something frightening, the lack of the light from before.

His eyes opened fully now as he tried to study his new situation. He quickly realized he was missing his helmet when he felt a slight breeze run through his fur when he lifted his head slowly. “H-hello?” he called out as he attempted to move about in the lizard's maw. His hand would slide to the side to feel what was next to him.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
The line of Teresa clan fisherwomen and servants entered the theatre to silently sit at the very back of the crowds. Imshi and Yenchi followed along at the back, straining to hear the beginnings of the speech as everyone fell silent.

As the last of the clan entered the theatre Imshi felt someone behind her grab her wrist and, with remarkable strength, pull her round face to face. Her mother stood staring down at her and Imshi quailed under the intense stare.

“You don’t know what you have done child.” She hissed through gritted teeth, her bright green eyes flashing in the sunlight. Imshi made to pull away causing her mother to increase her grip until the young vixen gave a mild yelp of pain. “I have cared well for you girl. Always my best for you, but this is too far. Blessed by seeker or not, you cannot announce that weak cat as your mate!”

Imshi finally tore her hand out of that strong grip, surprising the older vixen at her sudden ferocity as she hissed back “Mate? You think I chose him as a mate?” A few paces away Yenchi’s ashen-grey cheeks flushed pink as Imshi glared at her mother and said “I asked him to be my sworn-servant. You may have mated with the first blasted Eagle you saw but that does not mean I will do the same-”

The slap resounded between the low walled houses and echoed off the entrance to the theatre. Imshi’s mother raised her hand to slap the girl again, her eyes ablaze with fury “How dare you speak to your elder like that!” The second slap connected with Imshi’s cheek, Yenchi watching on the sidelines helplessly “I care for you!” A third, equally hard slap “WE cared for you!”

Her mother was shouting now as she slapped the girl for a fourth and last time, sending her sprawling in the dirt. For one moment it seemed the woman would strike her again then she sighed a deep and pained sigh. She walked past Yenchi without looking directly at him, whispering over her shoulder to the sobbing form of her daughter “The clan has made its decision. Now you must make yours.”

----------

Ivana Teresa Hlásova sat down beside the village healer at the back of the theatre. The aged woman glanced sidelong at Ivana as tears rolled silently down her cheeks and said “You have told her.” It was not a question, and Ivana made no answer, instead wiping the tears from her eyes and massaging the palm of her hand with an anxious look in her eyes.

----------

Yenchi knelt gingerly beside Imshi, watching as sobs wracked her curves and choked her breaths. He made to stroke her cheek where the skin glared angry and red beneath the soft white fur. She slapped his hand away “Leave me Yenchi.”

He chewed his lip and made to stroke her cheek again, murmuring “Tessie, I’m just-”

She slapped his hand away again, this time looking up at him with her amber eyes rimmed and red and swimming with tears “Don’t call me that! Get away from me!” When he made no move to enter the theatre Imshi raised her hand to strike him. It trembled there for a moment, Yenchi wincing but otherwise not shirking away from the blow that would surely come.

With a trembling sigh Imshi dropped the hand back to her side and pushed herself ungainly to her feet, not meeting Yenchi’s questioning eyes as she muttered “I’m sorry Yenchi. You can’t understand...”
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:43:19 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 04:25:18 AM »
Aria had remembered something she had to do at the sight and dashed back, it was quite a trip but that didn't bother her. as she finally made it, she thanked herself for the stamina and dexterity that she had built up over the years, she began to search what she was looking for. after a while of searching, she found a new hole hand been dug, she raised an eyebrow as she. went over to investigate, she stepped lightly around the wet soil, not wanting to ruin anything, as she stepped around, something gave in and she fell through a tunnel. sliding, rolling and such. she saw a dead end, expecting it to be soil, she braced herself, but the wall broke and she fell and rolled through. making quite a racket as she was covered with dirt and clay. spiting out some dirt, her wild green eyes looked around. it was a prison... she slowly stood, glad that nothing was broken, but she knew she would be sore and bruised for a while. in her head she cursed herself, she sensed a presence...not sure of what to think, she turned around...

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 04:39:05 AM »
Talin stopped his breathing halfway, and turned to the newcomer that happened to find his prison.

"Young one, your presence startled me... please don't do that again." He resumed his breathing, trying to supress his emotions and only partially focus on the 'intruder'. The light from the open hole showed his thick purple coat, along with the vine-like tattoos that had seemed to have no specific pattern nor direction. His outfit showed that he had not left the prison in awhile. His pants were tattered at the ankle, with the cloth around his forearms looking just as tattered.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 04:43:52 AM »
Oh great a talker... she thought to herself. she looked at him curiously though, then frowned, then with her hands she signed and mouthed 'I'm sorry, that I startled you...' she assumed that he wouldn't get it. she hoped he wouldn't ask what was wrong with her.