The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame: The Shard  (Read 24731 times)

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
Re: Everflame: The Shard
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 06:01:11 AM »
Entaru eyed the raven curiously and huffed, looking back to the two women who had commanded everyones attention.  "Hello...is there something you want?"  Entaru was straight to the point.  It was obvious this avian had picked him out for a reason, just what he didn't know.  Glaring up at the women his lips curled into a half hidden snarl, cursing Seeker in his mind for taking so much attention away from the Shard...a physical object that has proven time and time again to be powerful and benevolent, whilst Seeker flits from shadow to shadow avoiding those who worship her so.  It was disgraceful...

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
Saviour jerked his head as the previously unconscious bodies woke. He opened his mouth wide and dropped them in a heap on the stone floor of the cave. It was remarkably dry, as though the sea water hadn't breached the entrance in days. Little-Hands stood over them and checked General Caisen who was still very much unconscious. She clambered around them and stared into Leo's eyes.
"Hello." She had a thick accent, emphasizing the Ls right from the back of her throat as though she were vomiting.

"Sorry, yes, just a moment of your time," Dim Lane had wild gesturing hands while he talked, brimming with enthusiasm. "It's just that I am an archeologist, and there are some hints in some of my findings that there may be more than one God."
"Shh," The raven was prodded from behind by a disgruntled anteater, so he shuffled closer to Entaru and whispered. "I am aware that you feel the same, what with this shard business. I was just wondering if--"
"Shhhush!"

"Ladies and gentlemen." The High Priestess stepped forward with wings outstretched as she spoke. Her voice was strong, and echoed across the hushed theatre. "We welcome all who gather here today to pay gratitude to Seeker, our protector." Another cheer and applause rose up. "We have lived through and thrived within another year of hardships, and have enjoyed another year of merriment. Most of you have all been good, honest and upstanding people even though new cultures have sprung, new ideas and new differences. It is the Seeker's will that we do not fight difference, but that we may learn from each other."
To the right of the stage, a swan in torn and tattered clothes stumbled and swayed on, heading toward the centre. Murmurs and eyes of the crowd turned to her and watched her move. The Queen turned and her face fell to a perplexed frown. She walked to the swan, arms out, attempting to herd her away in silence while the High Priestess continued.
"I believe that the Seeker has allowed those of very significant difference to come to this theatre. It is not unknown that the Town of the Sh--"
"Nero is coming!" The swan squawked and pushed at the Queen, flapping and twisting past her, eyes wild, body unstable. "The shard will bring death!" She fell to the floor screaming and writhing. "The shadows are in the sky. Seeker will die at the hands of a demon. Run! Run for your lives." She was sprawled on the floor, a twisting mess. The Queen ran to her side and a figure draped in dark robes and hood drifted onto the stage. The red insignia that crawled down its back was clear. It was a Chosen. Murmurs grew, people spoke in alarmed tones.

Up in the seats on the left, beside wide eyed leaders mumbling to each other, Aman S. Mongoste leaned back with a smile. His body shuddered with the slightest chuckle.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
Talin didn't miss a beat as he read her gestures. "Well, it was hard not to since you took a path that I never even knew existed. Is there a sign for your name, or should you write it in the dirt?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 08:26:16 PM »
oh for seekers sake... she wrote her name. Aria Loray with her fingers in the dirt. before looking up at him, before she signed. I can hear you

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »
A smirk grew out of his emotionless face as he looked down at her name. "I know you can hear me, as you did what I asked." He signed back, though the restraints added a few seconds to his response. Why would I think you were unable to hear?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:42:16 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 08:55:45 PM »
why are you signing back, you can just talk? she ask, an very irritated look on her face before she signed and mouthed again because most people think I am deaf and stupid she stood up and bushed dirt off her butt and the back off her legs. before she let out a silent sigh and looked up at the hole. that sure was a long fall, I'm going to have to climb up it again before anyone notices but...

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »
"You're being thrown out of the clan." Yenshi spoke to Imshi's departing back, clenching his upper arm tight with one clawed hand. She paused but he could not see her face, could not guess her expression, though he knew what she thought "Its because of me. Because I'm not of the clan, and because by agreeing to be your sworn-servant it breaks tradition." At this Imshi turned round and her tear-filled eyes alighted on Yenchi, his own blue eyes meeting hers unwavering and quietly confident in what he said.

She shook her head lightly and gave a small huff of laughter and shook her wings with a flutter of feathers "No, it is not because of you. It is me that breaks the traditions. Me who made friends outside of the clan all those years ago and me who asked you to be my sworn-servant." Her laugh did not linger in her eyes or her voice as she walked to Yenchi, her hands clasping his shoulders like an older sister to a brother "This is not your fault. Only I am to blame, and it is my decision now."

With that she released him and shooed him away, again like an elder sibling to a youngster, almost patronizing "Go, Yenchi. I need time to think and it would be best if you remained away from the clan." She saw the hurt in his eyes as he turned and walked obediently back down the path to the river, his tail hanging limp and his ears flat. This only made the roiling anger and guilt in her grow and the tears in her eyes to brim again as she turned to the theater.

----------

Yenchi sat down at the river bank, dipping his feet into the running water. He sighed and simply watched the water run past and the various leaves it carried in its shimmering wake. While he appeared to be calm and still, his mind ran fast and dexterous, only a slight creasing of the forehead indicating so.

A small flash of blue broke his concentration and it was with a jerk of the head that he looked up into the bright eyes of Vin. The bird hovered for a moment before alighting on Yenchi's outstretched hand.

There followed a moment of silence in which the bird chirped his cheery song a few times, after which Yenchi grinned and shrugged his shoulders knowingly, stroking the little bird's vibrant wing as he said "Fine, show me where then." At this the bird fluttered up into the air and flitted away back up the path and then to the right. Yenchi sighed and stood, following the bird.

----------

Imshi edged through the crowd, muttering quiet apologies as she slid between the pressing bodies. Her eyes stayed on her clan, to the point where she did not notice the happenings on the main stage, instead she walked to get as many people between her and the clan as possible. She finally stopped and let her thoughts return to her mother's last words but instead found herself looking to the stage and watched the spectacle unfold with growing curiosity.

----------

Yenchi knelt down beside the hole in the earth, ignoring the bird that darted around his head chirping wildly. He looked up at Vin with a quizzical look, turned back to hole and sheepishly shouted into its depth "Halloa! Anyone down there?" His voice echoed down into the darkness. Yenchi looked back up at the bird and frowned "If someone did fall down here they would have replied, no?" The bird cocked his head and fluttered to the edge of the hole, bright eye glinting in the sunlight.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 09:47:17 PM »
"One, I wanted to show that I understood sign language. Two, I just like acting silly. Usually most people go through that door to enter this chamber." He pointed to the wooden door with a barred window at eye level. "I might have to tell Tiz that were was another tunnel coming into here. Then again, I could help you get through that hole if you just cut the ropes."

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »
The feline winced as he found himself unprepared as he hit the ground, flopping in the air and back to the ground. His hands would slide across the ground, to feel out where he was.. After feeling what felt like cloth through the gloves of his suit, his hand trailed more over the unknown mass, until he could feel what felt like a head, and quickly identified it as the general after noticing the fox like shape. He groaned once again and rolled onto his back to look up to the woman blindly. When he heard her voice, it took a moment for her response to register under her heavy accent. With the lack of light he hadn't realized that the woman was standing right over him as he started to sit up, and possibly bumping into her as he replied in a groggy tone “...such an accent... where am I?”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »
Aria looked at the ropes then back at the Panther guy. he was really tall and Physically intimidating. she frowned, then signed I can climb thank you very much... and aren't you suppose to be locked up for a reason? then her eyes narrowed, shadowing her green eyes I don't even know your name...  I hope he is not some sort of... mad man or something  she hated it most when others viewed her as weak and helpless. most people are appalled when they finally realized how much of an spunky attitude she can have. 

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »
Talin laughed, trying to not startle himself with the realization that he has yet to cause another manic episode with his own emotions. "I'm locked up because I was too valuable to be killed. Talin Kor'vial, one of the Seeker's Chosen, at your service." He made a small bow, the rope at his neck only allowing that much. "I understand that you can climb, but do you really think that the way you came in is even climbable? I offer to open the door of the more stable pathway."

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 10:20:56 PM »
Siyan was sitting in a less crowded area during the whole epidemic on the main stage. Meredith wasn't paying much attention, she was picking flowers and looking at the water. As the whispers flooded through the crowd Siyan's face grew pale he was always one to worry to much.
   "Meredith.... Meredith!" his voiced was filled with panic, the only time the child was out of his site is when she was at school. He stood up looking around for the small arctic fox, his eyes going from head to head. 'Where could she be? I knew I shouldn't of brought her. I knew this was a bad idea. I swear if any one has even looked at her-' his mind was racing jumping to the worst conclusion. He began to force him self deep within the large crowd pushing everyone out of his way.

Meredith looked at the yellow flower by the river bed, the petals wrestling gently in the wind. Her deep green eyes gazed over the soft moving river bed. The sound of her name made her ears perk up.
  "Siyan?" She turned around not seeing him anywhere. While most children may of been fearful with being alone Meredith just wondered were she thought Siyan may be. Unable to find him immediately she recalled what she was taught in school, she was to look for a respectable looking adult and stay by them. "Hello sir I lost my big brother may I stand by you while I await his arrive?" her small high pitch voice demanding attention. Her eyes battered between the man she was talking to and a bird that was fluttering near a hole.  
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »
a chosen...? she cocked her head curiously forgive me, I do not understand...chosen? is it related to the seeker?

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 10:30:16 PM »
His smirk turned into a friendly smile. "Yes it is, and I know it's not a well-discussed topic. Chosen are those who have part of the Seeker within themselves, they have the power over life and death... within limits. In definition, the Chosen are those whom the Seeker chose to share some of her power."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »
Yenchi glanced down at the young girl, blinking for a moment and looking over at Vin. The bird chirped loudly and then flew down the hole in a flash of blue. "Hey!" Yenchi shouted after the bird as it disappeared, then turned back to the girl and cocked his head to one side. He knelt down beside her and looked into her eyes with a small smile "I'm sure you can wait with me. What does your brother look like?"

----------

Vin fluttered out of the hole Aria had fallen through, chirruping his melodious call and swooping around her head. The bird did this three times, circling the two of them and then landed on the ground a few feet away, a strangely proud look in his little eyes. As though this still wasn't enough the bird chirped again and hopped closer to Aria, head flicking this way and that to watch her and Talin.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"