The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bad person?  (Read 594 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Bad person?
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:56:27 AM »
Lately I've been feeling like I'm just... a bad person in general. By the term "bad person" I mean morally bad and just unlikeable in general. I've definitely done some things in my life that would call my morals into question (I won't say), but I've done my best to move past them and try to get my life back together.
I thought I had succeeded at getting my life back on track until today when my dad thought I had messed up my life again and remarked that "haven't I done enough already". He thinks I've made a mess of things and I guess I have...
Because of these "bad things" that I've done in my past my family treats me like I'm a bad person and my parents think I have no morals or intelligence and they treat me as such. Whenever I want to make a life decision on my own they tell me that since I'm a "bad person" they need to make my choices for me and they never value my opinions or thoughts for anything.
I have no idea who I am anymore...
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline LyrilaFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Community Hobo DJ
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Manncowmoo
    • Awards
  • Species: Elemi Fulf
  • Coloring: Depends on form
  • Height: about 6'0" when Anthro [3'6" - Feral]
  • Weight: about 150lbs Anthro [100lbs- Feral]
  • Build: pretty curved body structure, not really fat
  • Currently: stuff :D
Re: Bad person?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:05:36 AM »
your not a 'bad' bad person,
that happens to me, and i'm about to snap and attack my parents :) i have declared myself medically insane
  • Avatar by: Avatar by WingedZephyr
  • Signature art by: Siggy by Me [Manncowmoo]

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:14:53 AM »
Welcome to my world. Every day, I do something to naff people off. I always feel like a badguy. I'm lazy, I have anger issues(Which I try not to show online), and I hate being told to shut up/quiet down/or any variant. But even then, I always try to be the best Simaritan I can be online, at work, and out in public. I'm always opening doors for people, asking for help, and other things. I also love animals too. Sometimes I feel like the badguy, but sometimes I feel like the goodguy, too.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:20:03 AM »
Well, my definition of a bad person is someone who intentionally causes harm to other, innocent people, and does not care that he/she has done so.

Now admittedly, I don't know what things you have done to make you call yourself a bad person. But given how you behave on these forums, I don't believe you are a bad person. You're perfectly likable as far as I'm concerned.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:21:09 AM »
*sigh* I always try to be the good guy but then I get called the bad guy..

Offline LyrilaFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • Community Hobo DJ
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Manncowmoo
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 02:28:43 AM »
try to disregard what people call you, it's how you envision yourself

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 02:56:24 AM »
Always look at the good things in life. Sweep all the small problems under the rug. Being human, having your health, that's the most important things. And remember, there's always something in life to look forward to.

And let me reassure you that you are not a bad person. You are a good person.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 03:02:24 AM »
*sigh* I always try to be the good guy but then I get called the bad guy..

Sounds to me like the only reason you're getting called a bad person is that your morals don't perfectly line up with those of the people who are calling you a bad person. I know that I'm a genuinely good person. But there are people out there who would call me bad or evil over things that are simply personal choices.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 03:19:54 AM »
Lately I've been feeling like I'm just... a bad person in general. By the term "bad person" I mean morally bad and just unlikeable in general. I've definitely done some things in my life that would call my morals into question (I won't say), but I've done my best to move past them and try to get my life back together.
I thought I had succeeded at getting my life back on track until today when my dad thought I had messed up my life again and remarked that "haven't I done enough already". He thinks I've made a mess of things and I guess I have...
Because of these "bad things" that I've done in my past my family treats me like I'm a bad person and my parents think I have no morals or intelligence and they treat me as such. Whenever I want to make a life decision on my own they tell me that since I'm a "bad person" they need to make my choices for me and they never value my opinions or thoughts for anything.
I have no idea who I am anymore...

Moral compass? Don't let it bother you too much. People have their own views,opinions and biases. I mean I'm a pretty mean person in general and pretty anti social. If you made me do a questionnaire with lets say A person who is defined with a "normal( as in most common)" morality and me I would probably make decisions that others may not appreciate. I have done things I regret doing but it's always important to move on although it never hurts to draw a thought or lesson out of it.  As for the "bad things" from the parents I can relate to you. I always get rants from my rents about how My grades are decreasing ( A beginning of year currently either a b- or c+) and how I manage to screw things up I try not to let it upset me too much. Confront your parents about the "decision making" thing,but make sure you are being firm but respectful ( or try your best to be at the least), and challenge their authority. Hopefully they realize you are just as capable of making "good" decisions as anyone else. Don't ever let peoples opinions mold you as the only person that should be changing you is yourself (if it's even necessary).

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 03:23:19 AM »
words only have power over you if you let them have it. Everyone makes mistakes Drake, to err is human as they say. Do you know why I think you're a good person? Because you want to change. You want to move away from the bad things you did and do good things. Bad people don't want to change. You do, and therefore are a good person. Your dad is free to believe what he wants, but remember, his words have power over you only if you let them. One more thing Id like you to think about. Would you rather do a good deed and be called bad, or do a bad deed and be called good?

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 03:37:33 AM »
thanks guys, I guess wanting to change is a good thing ^_^ I always try to be the nicest person I can be...

Offline LyrilaFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • Community Hobo DJ
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Manncowmoo
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 04:06:56 AM »
thats good tohear, now please, put this 'bad person' nonsence behind you

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 12:33:34 AM »
Macid speaks the truth, if you truly and deeply feel remorse for anything wrong you may have done in the past then that shows you're willing enough to change.
In the end, words are just words and what really matters is if you truly believe that you changed for the better.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »
Well great, today my mom told me since I'm a "bad person" that she's going to start randomly drug testing me. I think it may be a bluff but if it's not then I'm soon to be kicked out..

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
best of luck man. Maybe its for the better they found out. You can explain why you started and why you still do/ did it. Hopefully they understand but it will take quite some time to convince them but you will feel better not having to hide about it anymore. if youre really feeling brave come out about it. It may be a tough choice to make but its up to you. you have 3 options which i know you can geuss. im not going to tell you to stop but only to hope you are safe.
 I've been in this situation and it's not fun. mine found out the hard way it took a long time for everyone to be less awkward. Theyre still kinda upset about it but i feel so much lighter letting it off my chest.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:48:01 AM by Demarr »