The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your computer  (Read 94948 times)

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: Your computer
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 01:52:53 PM »
You have a nice computer thar o_o

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 11:17:57 AM »
I hooked my laptop up to the living room TV. Thought I'd share a couple of pics. :D

http://imgur.com/a/55Igr
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:26:33 PM by Kyriin »

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
I hooked my laptop up to the living room TV. Thought I'd share a couple of pics. :D

[link removed]

Wow, whats the resolution on that thing?  :|
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:20:51 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Quoted a rule violation »
-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
1920x1080

It's a bit fuzzy. Not too bad, though.

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
Finished hanging my triple 24" screens to the wall. Also added a cable duct and 5.1 surround  ^_^.

-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Damn that's exactly want to do! How'd you hang them?

Also, new phone, I guess I'll post a snap of the About page. My dad got it for me as a late birthday gift. "Desk chair is boring, here, have this iPhone!" He packed it in a stand-heater box, inside a printer box filled with bricks. I was like "Damn, I was happy about the printer!" when I saw the heater box. Then I opened the heater box and I was like O.O; xD Anyway:

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2011, 04:17:12 PM »
Little of an update:
Gotten some new parts and stuff :3

I can also add that after having renovated my room, I finally was able to fit in a 3rd monitor, as well as place the speakers so that I get amazing sound throughout my whole room!
Will get pics later if I have time.

Monster desktop: "ExtremeFox"
Case:          Fractal Design Define R2
PSU:            Corsair AX 850W
Memory:      2x Corsair 2x4 XMS3 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz = 16GB
CPU:            AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3.21GHz (OC @ 3.86GHz)
Mobo:          Asus Crosshair V Formula
HDD:           1x Western Digital Caviar Black (WD1002FAEX) 1TB 7200rpm (saving for an SSD)
GPU:           1x Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 FleX Edition
Displays:     1x LG Flatron IPS236 23" 1920x1080 5ms (8ms GtG) IPS-LED and 2x LG Flatron W2253TQ 21.5" 1920x1080 2ms TN-CCFL
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D2X
Keyboard:   Logitech G110
Mouse:        Mionix Naos 5000
Headset:     Sennheiser PC 360
Speakers:   Logitech home theatre set (unsure of model, gonna check when I get home)
Cooling:
  • CPU: Noctua NH-D14 Air Cooler + Artic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
  • GPU: Stock Sapphire cooler
  • Case fans:
    2x 120mm Fractal Design Silent Series front intake
    1x 120mm Fractal Design Silent Series bottom intake
    1x 120mm Fractal Design Silent Series side intake
    1x 120mm Fractal Design Silent Series back exhaust
    1x 140mm + 1x 120mm Fractal Design Silent Series top exhaust
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:28:31 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »
I have too many things in My Computer. xD

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 09:38:23 PM »
Hmm, could have sworn there was a thread like this a while back where I'd posted my info...
Anywho, computer hasn't changed since then, it's just getting a bit older, has more dust in places I really should clean out and it's got a few more little issues here and there. Let me wrestle some information on this thing:

Hostname: flames-laptop
CPU: 2x Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T3400  @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 3986MB available, 4GB total
Kernel: 2.6.38-firewind
GPU: Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (256MB)
Display resolution: 1366x768
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 16)
Network controller: RaLink RT2860
HDD: Western Digital ATA WDC WD3200BEVT-2 (320GB)
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
I managed to get a free computer the other day. It's nothing at all to be proud of, but hey, it was free and it works. I think. It seems to. I haven't got around to using it yet because the person who gave it to me had to take the hard drive with them to get stuff off it seeing nothing wanted to copy onto my external. It has no disk drive at the moment as I've had to disconnect it, keeps opening after you close it after like 5 seconds... here are its specs.

Don't judge me. ;_;

Manufacturer: Dell (eck)
Model: Dimension 4600i
BIOS: Pheonix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A08
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB (god help me)

And a picture of its current state for the hell of it!

And...
The small one on the left is about 13 years old, I suspect the motherboard is dead. Got a hold of it the other day as well, took the hard drive out and plugged it into my other desky to see what was on it. It was like a time capsule. :'D Booted it up, was amazing to see Windows 98 x3

Offline Deadly-Bagel

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2011, 06:59:09 PM »
Eeeew, Dell. I work in IT support and we supply all Dell PCs -.- They're a nightmare. Even their website is crap.

Mmm, love that tasty six core i7 there Lead. One of the new ones, no? If I ever get a desktop it shall be of similar epicness.

I'm betting you probably hold the most power in the desktop department. Luckily for me, I don't really have to compete with you as living with my fiancee's family in the UK, I don't exactly have room for a desktop, leaving me with this...

ASUS ROG G73 Gaming Notebook

*drooling*

Ahem. That video, although it nearly sufficiently conveys just how awesome my laptop is, doesn't give the stats seeing as there are different models. I have the Asus G73jw model, 1.73GHz i7 processor running up to 2.85GHz on 'twin turbo' mode with 8GB DDR3 RAM and 2x 750GB hard drives. May upgrade to SSD once they come down in price. Maybe.

Doesn't compete with your desktop but, well, it doesn't really need to. I can run Crysis and Crysis 2 on full graphic settings (though disabling that wretched vertical sync) as well as pretty much whatever else I like alongside it, and it still won't hit half power. Plus being a laptop, I can use it in bed, in an office, in a hotel, recently I've been hooking it up to the TV using an HDMI cable for some high def streaming. Only real downsides are the lack of upgradability and it's weight compared to most laptops. The massive 17.3" screen (considering most 'large' laptops are 15" screens, well, yeah) doesn't help with the size either. In fact rather than coming with a carry case, it came with a backpack. lulz. Also came with ROG headset and gaming mouse, never going back to cheap stuff again o.o

It's good to see so many Asus users here, when it comes to it they're the only real players in the market for high quality hardware. Not sure about Alienware, I didn't really get involved in the market until they'd been bought by Dell but now they're rubbish. Just google any of the new models (the M15x is my favourite) and laugh at all the failure.

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 03:43:32 AM »
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Dimension 3000
Memory: 512 mb RAM (Used to have 256 mb, but I upgraded it)
Processor: Celeron (R) CPU 2.40 Ghz

Other: It's 8 years old and it lags like hell.

Not proud of owning this piece of crap.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:07:12 AM by CrazyCat »
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 04:54:19 AM »
My new cooling system in my old desktop.

It's ghetto.

Offline johnny hurricane

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Currently: Internet!
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 03:39:50 AM »
I built my computer. 8 GB RAM, 2 TB hard drive, intel i7 2600k processor, AMD Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. I call it "The Jackintosh" because I stuck some apple stickers on the sides.

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 04:00:34 AM »
This is my Netbook.

• Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko