The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warped (2nd Party)  (Read 33936 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: The Warped (2nd Party)
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 05:51:58 PM »
"Oh..." Constance said when Macid corrected her on where they were. When he continued to go on and say how she was close it made her feel a little better. She was happy to see the others caring, even more so when Max asked if they were going to be okay. "I'll be fine...Thank you." she said softly, though it sounded sincere enough. Before Hero fell asleep he came over to Constance to lay down beside her. She pet him a bit before folding the map back up and putting it in her bag. She had the gem in there too, picking it up when it fell earlier. After putting the map away she laid down using Hero as a pillow which he seemed to be fine with. She didn't have an apatite or she might have eaten some of the ham, the sight bothering her that much. The only thing she could remember eating was breakfast that morning in her own world. Unfortunately she was about to go on her lunch break when she went to Filadius' mansion. She didn't have too hard a time to fall asleep, but she slept lightly as she usually did. More often she would nap rather than sleep.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 03:28:49 AM »
When Max came by and asked if they would be all right, he thought for a minute, then smiled and answered. "Well considering I'm still alive after I was dumped into a completely different world with people I've never met, got kicked in the face, almost got beheaded, experienced pain like no other, blacked out from said pain, came across a pile of, well you know, I think I'll be all right" Macid didn't want to mention the bodies any more than he could to spare Constance's feelings. He feigned a chuckle to try and make the others believe he was so easy going about all this, but inside he was terrified. He had no idea what he was going to do in this world to survive once their rations ran out. He wanted to curl up in a ball and cry like he used to do back home, but fought back the urge. Hearing a rustling in a nearby tree, he turned quickly to see that it was just Mortis settling down for the night. He noticed that Constance was doing the same, using Hero for a pillow. He turned to Max, getting up slowly as he did, and made his way towards the fire. "I'm gonna stay up for a little bit more. I'm not as tired as I thought I would be after all this. You gonna stay up or go to bed?"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 11:23:46 AM »
"i'll stay up and keep watch. thanks to a little kwerk i've developed i can use a form of photosynthisis, i can't live of it and over exposire to a heat source i can...well...get a bit hyper...as you've seen. but as a plus if i stay close to the fire i should be able to stay up all night and be as fresh as ever for most of tomorrow." max said quietly so he wouldn't wake either constance or mortis while he walked over and sat down next to macid. he reached over to his bag and pulled out the meat. he quietly folded the slices loosly before putting a stick through both peices and using his tail to hold the stick over the fire. "so care to tell me a bit about yourself. what did you do back in our time?" he asked trying not to be to invasive. after a while he removed the ham from the heat when it was nice and warm, carefully removing the first slice from the stick he offered it to macid before taking the second for himself.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 11:43:46 PM »
The next morning, Hero perked up quickly, shooting up from laying down to full alert. He barked extremely loudly up at the tree just next to the one that Mortis was in. From within the tree a pair of large eyes could be seen, alongside the sound of a reptilian coo and growling. However, nothing more than the eyes can be seen, since it was so deep in the trees.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »
The chameleon slept soundly until Hero's barking woke her. She opened her eyes slowly, losing her balance for a moment since she had nearly forgotten she had slept in a tree during the night. She was able to recover quickly by grabbing a limb with her tail. However, before she had the chance to notice that there was something in the tree, she swung down using her tail landing shakily with her supplies beside the dog, attempting to calm him. Although she was functioning alright, the chameleon was still in a haze having just woken up and was oblivious to the noises aside from the dog.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 01:15:25 AM »
Constance woke up when her pillow left her, causing her to hit the ground. When Hero started barking she woke up more and looked at him. She heard a rustling after Mortis had jumped out of her tree, she didn't notice she had even went to sleep in a tree. Hazily she looked up at the tree she heard the noise from seeing a pair of eyes. She was scared into standing up quickly and scrambling for Lych which was on the ground where she slept. "Uhm...There is something in that tree." she said nervously. She pointed to the eyes in the tree, trying to stay calm.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 03:12:41 AM »
Macid kept his hands to himself, shaking his head when offered the ham slice. "I was assistant Librarian at the public library. I've been there for several years now." Memories floated up from when he was first introduced to the head librarian as a kitten. They soon turned to when he was taken in after his parents death. He rubbed his wrists as he stared into the fire. Suddenly he didn't feel so awake anymore. "I don't feel so awake anymore. *yawns* I think I'm gonna take a quick nap." With that, he slumped over next to the fire and dozed off quite quickly.

--------

After a night of restless sleep, due to nightmares about his parents, Macid was rudely awakened by Hero barking. He slowly worked his way to a sitting position, feeling better than last night. He rubbed his eyes and turned to see what the commotion was. "What's going on?" "Uhm...There is something in that tree." Macid looked up to see a pair of eyes looking down at him. He decided to remain silent and as still as possible, hoping that it was like a T-Rex and couldn't see him if it stood still.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 11:40:10 AM »
"i noticed it a sec ago. you should stop pointing and staring at it...it might be hungry." max joked getting up and walking past macid, he threw the stick to the side and walked over to the oversized knife handle sticking out of the ground with about a foot of the blade sticking out. he pulled ramsey free with a loud metal on metal scraping. "it looks loke the same set of eyes that i saw back when we found those bodys. it might have followed us" he kept his eyes on ramseys blade, watching the eyes in the reflection. he walked around the camp pulling one of his knifes out of some of the trees as he walked past adding them to their holsters with ramsey on his shoulder, still watching the eyes. "if your wondering, i put these up in case anything tried to sneak u on us. we should get going soon. mortis, constance, where's the next stop on the map?"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:39:40 AM by serpington »
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
The reptilian cooing continued and gave a little call, almost like a squeak, and a whole, dead buffalo fell out of the tree, quite bloodied, but very much whole. The giant blue eyes continued to stare at them and squeaked again, when a branch broke underneath the creature. It let out a little squeak and fell to the ground, its rump landing with a loud thud. When the dust cleared, the scales and body of a yellow baby dragon. It coughed as the dust cleared and even sneezed. After shaking it off, it looked at the group and smiled, giving another babyish, reptilian coo.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
Mortis's eyes about bulged out of her skull (even more so) when the buffalo fell from the tree. When the branch snapped, it finally hit her that whatever it was could be hostile, but the thought was quickly pushed out of her head as the creature accidentally revealed itself. She was still somewhat in a daze from sleeping, but she couldn't help but walk forward with her hand outstretched towards the animal. She wanted to pet it. If it was going to eat her, it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to her, she supposed. "Hey little guy." She cooed, closing the distance between them, being careful not to make sudden movements. She wasn't sure how dragons were in this world, but without thinking she was treating it like the black rat snakes she always found back home when she had to move them back into the woods. Being a reptile, she found it hard not to like other reptilians. Especially feral ones.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 04:48:07 PM »
Constance nearly jumped from her skin when the buffalo fell from the tree, so much so she went behind Macid. When a dragon fell from the tree she too was surprised at it. Then it sneezed. "Aww...It's so cute. It's just a baby." You could tell she was still a little frightened as she walked, considering she was pushing Macid along trapping him in her vice like grip around his shoulders. As she maneuvered around the buffalo a thought occurred. "What is a baby dragon doing out here? Alone...Without it's..." "Uhm...Wonder where it's parents are." she said looking around cautiously. The thought of someone being the owner of this thing had popped into her mind, but she figured no one would be able to control a dragon so she pushed the thought aside.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »
As the buffalo fell out of the tree, Macid yelped in surprise. When Constance ran behind him, he almost swallowed his tounge. Then when the dragon fell out, he just stood there. Out of the 3 things that just happened, he wasn't sure which one surprised him the most. He was snapped out of his stupor when he felt Constance pushing him from his shoulders. He tried to move away but her grip was like iron and wasn't letting him move any way but towards it. As he got closer, he got a better look at it. The scales were a yellowish color, like sunflowers, it's body looked quite young, like a baby. He remembered a book the old man had him read once about the anatomy of dragons and other facts. He thought it was just written for fun, so he didn't pay much attention to it. He was kicking himself on the inside for not remembering most of it. When Constance mentioned it's parents, his heart stopped for a second. "You mean, like, big dragons? That breath fire or lightning or something?" He looked around hastily, fearing that he might see a giant pair of wings coming to protect its young. A soft coo brought his eyes back to the dragon. It smiled up at him, as if it wanted to say play with me.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
max looked at the buffalo then at the small dragon, he wasn't as taken by it as the others and just looked as it blankly. "cute." he walked over and started to inspect the buffalo and found it was pritty much intact with almost no bite wounds, the body was still slightly warm meaning it either haddn't been dead for as long as it looked like it had or the baby could make a flame. "we shouldn't get to close to it, if it's parents decide to come looking for it then we quite possibly would end up like this buffalo....or worse." he walked over to the dragon and looked across to mortis, constance and macid before knealing down in front of the baby. he looked it in the eyes and half expected it to lunge at him.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
The dragon saw Mortis' outstretched hand and ran towards it, bowling over and running over Max. It raised its head to her hand and cooed at being stroked. After a little bit, it went back to the buffalo, picking it up and bringing the bloody corpse over to Constance, smiling and eying the map in her hand, particularly the small glimpse of the stone. Impatient, it nudged the buffalo towards her and eyed the stone again, but more intensely.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:46 AM »
Mortis enjoyed petting the dragon, it almost made her want to keep it, but again there was the question of the creature's parents. She half wondered how Hero was going to react to the reptile, but she shrugged it off. As quickly as the dragon had come to her, it made its way to Constance. Mortis chuckled at the dragon's behavior, she couldn't help it because of how boisterous it was. "Well, personally I think this dragon is a fair trade for Kiral's rotten attitude, but it seems to want to trade for that stone. As much as I'd love to give it to him, we still need it." She dropped her hands down to her hips, merely watching.