Author Topic: EVERYONE gets a fursuit (closed)  (Read 29151 times)

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
Re: EVERYONE gets a fursuit
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2011, 02:06:13 AM »
i defiantly think that there should be some sort of cap.
because some people might get. a rather inexpensive suit, that takes less time to donate for thus moving the line along quicker.
and then some people will ask for expensive suits. which will take A LOT longer to save for.
i also think people don't think people deserve to be picky. Since its other peoples money.

i think someone needs to take the lead. get in contact with as many  suit makers as possible. explain the situation to them. Promise them they'll still get money from it, but ask if they can just lower the price for this need.

so then instead of paying 3 grand for some suits. and 500 for another

you'll have a selection of cheaper suits. all within a decent range. if you get me?

$3.000 id say would be a acceptable price cap...cause honestly suits are expensive ANYHOW.
the whole point of this little pool system is because there so dang expensive..now, if someone is willing to buy there suits in PARTS..like i will be, say...the donation pool helps me buy the head, and the body..thats gonna run up to $2,400..and i myself will get the gloves feet and tail later or by myself. cause some people really dont WANT cartoony fursuits..like my fursona really isnt designed by a cartoony template. its gotta be the expensive kind else she would just look funny.

so $3000 is the price cap, but if you want something that costs more you have to get at the back of the fursuit line and go through it again if you want more fursuit parts. YOU CAN ENER MORE THAN ONCE, you just gonna wait your turn again  like everyone else.
but we will only help you get one suit..you can return for other PARTS of a suit but not to get a whole nother one. thats just not fair to the others

Post Merge: March 28, 2011, 02:14:38 AM
Is there a date when we can/should donate?
I want to (now that I can) but Banks closed for me today. I can tomorrow and as the week goes.

you can donate WHENEVER and however many times you want..and however much you like

(you ARE required to donate to your own fursuit pool)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:14:38 AM by KaprikaAZ, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline Locket

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Fear it. I need these roots to type.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fruit
  • Coloring: See image
  • Height: I grow about 5' in the spring/Summer
  • Weight: 50lbs what? Yea I'm a heavy lil plant.
  • Build: Weavy but slender. Buds here an there. l'D
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2011, 02:19:44 AM »
$3.000 id say would be a acceptable price cap...cause honestly suits are expensive ANYHOW.
the whole point of this little pool system is because there so dang expensive..now, if someone is willing to buy there suits in PARTS..like i will be, say...the donation pool helps me buy the head, and the body..thats gonna run up to $2,400..and i myself will get the gloves feet and tail later or by myself. cause some people really dont WANT cartoony fursuits..like my fursona really isnt designed by a cartoony template. its gotta be the expensive kind else she would just look funny.

so $3000 is the price cap, but if you want something that costs more you have to get at the back of the fursuit line and go through it again if you want more fursuit parts. YOU CAN ENER MORE THAN ONCE, you just gonna wait your turn again  like everyone else.
but we will only help you get one suit..you can return for other PARTS of a suit but not to get a whole nother one. thats just not fair to the others

Post Merge: March 28, 2011, 02:14:38 AM
Is there a date when we can/should donate?
I want to (now that I can) but Banks closed for me today. I can tomorrow and as the week goes.

you can donate WHENEVER and however many times you want..and however much you like

(you ARE required to donate to your own fursuit pool)

Born-Imperfect on Da can do realistic for $300. =) (just puting out there) I'm not sure who else tho...

and yea, I'd be adding to my own pool I just mean for others down the list. Sorry. ^-^'

Offline blutailedferret

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Rawr!
    • Awards
  • Weight: 190
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 02:48:53 AM »
I dont think it will work very well if we use $3,000 for one person when other need like $200 or so for something. I think you should organize it better by putting some cheaper things ahead of the more expensive. Do maybe 3 cheaper things under 300 and then maybe something over 500. I think it's wierd that one person get a fullsuit for $3,000 or so and someone just wants a head for less then $300.

Offline Locket

• Avid Aardvark
  • Fear it. I need these roots to type.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fruit
  • Coloring: See image
  • Height: I grow about 5' in the spring/Summer
  • Weight: 50lbs what? Yea I'm a heavy lil plant.
  • Build: Weavy but slender. Buds here an there. l'D
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2011, 03:23:59 AM »
I dont think it will work very well if we use $3,000 for one person when other need like $200 or so for something. I think you should organize it better by putting some cheaper things ahead of the more expensive. Do maybe 3 cheaper things under 300 and then maybe something over 500. I think it's wierd that one person get a fullsuit for $3,000 or so and someone just wants a head for less then $300.

Most fursuits I've seen people get are at least $2,000. You must be getting THE WORKS if it costs you $3,000. Or it's just a really big name builder.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 04:12:09 AM »
hmmm...i suppose this is a good point..i really dont want us spending half a year raising money for one person...

how about making the cap at....$1,500?

Shadow hide you..

Offline Xywolf

• Boisterous Bear
  • po pi pooo
    • FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Husky/Racoon
  • Coloring: grey black and white
  • Height: 6ft
  • Build: scrawny
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
well yeh.
thats why i said. someone need to ask around, and see if the suiters would be kind enough to join in this little thing :)
because they might cut $3000 down to $2000
you know?
3 is charming, 2 and lets get obscene

lets meet ambiguously,But But I lo lo Love you

Be Sure To Go Check My Art~[/center]

Offline blutailedferret

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Rawr!
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:35 AM »
I think a cap of $1500 is alot better. I know foxfairy of FA sells partials fo less then 300 and her stuff is pro. Here is a link

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/foxfairy/

Offline Gilligan

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: lion
  • Coloring: Rainbow
  • Height: 6'2
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
Yeah I think $1500 is a good place to have the cut off.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2011, 03:24:53 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm out of the running for this because I can't donate anything.
I'd still like to help out with non-money if I can, just can't afford to donate... Sorry. :(

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »
well hang on..there is no restrictions as to who makes the suits and where they get it..my restriction is at pricings...because if someone absolutely wants a nice lookin suit thats not cartoony, or wants to be sure they not getting a flimsy suit. thats there buisness.
BUT
this price gauge is where the limitation is at...BECAUSE those high end suit makers charge alot..and that means if someone wants to get a suit..they have to get just a peice of it.
like myself...im going to be working towards clockwork creature.com...and thats high end ill say that now.
BUT..my price is in the three thousands..so i cant get it..so instead im gonna use the fur fur all pool to just get a head. and who knows...mabey later on i can afford other parts myself. but im going to go back to the main thread post and let it be known the limitations are this

1) a purchase may not exceed $1,500
2) a purchase does not need to be a full suit. so if your purchase exceeds the money limit you have to get yours in parts.
3) you can re- enter the donation pool. but your going to be put at the end of the line for a suit
4) you may only use this donation pool to get ONE SUIT. you may come back for parts of a incomplete suit. but you may not get another whole suit entirely
5) re-entering the pool is limited to two times..after your second donation, you are no longer allowed to quest. though you may still donate
6) you are not required to donate set amounts, it can be as much as you like however often you like.
7) you are required to contribute for your own quest
8) you cannot never donate, then ask to be quested for. you have to have helped someone else get there suit. so you cant get your own then just leave, thats unfair to everyone else
9) if a suit exceeds the $1,500 rule. but your suit exceeds that cap for any reason, under special curcumstances it can be allowed. but we will only quest to that bar..anything over you must provide yourself. but will need to contact either me or wingedZepheyr first to disuss

for the time being these are the rules, and i may add others if the situation arrieses where more are needed..but please do comment and discuss with me more rules you think would be necissary. im open for suggestions

Post Merge: March 29, 2011, 03:57:13 PM
I'm sorry, I'm out of the running for this because I can't donate anything.
I'd still like to help out with non-money if I can, just can't afford to donate... Sorry. :(

im really sorry to hear that...but if this is the case we have to stop questing for you, the money currently raised will have to go towards another quest

being this the case. whome else is looking to quest?
please comment, and tell your price..because whomever's price is lowest will be next. you have 3 days to respond before the person is chosen
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:57:13 PM by KaprikaAZ, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Shadow hide you..

Offline Wolfinden

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Brown fur, black fluffy fur around neck, white tip on the ears
  • Height: Normal wolf size
  • Weight: normal wolf weight
  • Build: normal wolf body, just with a bit more muscles..
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »

being this the case. whome else is looking to quest?
please comment, and tell your price..because whomever's price is lowest will be next. you have 3 days to respond before the person is chosen

I've found a cheap maker, and I found a price..

http://www.furaffinity.net/drakonicknight  and for a partial suit is $550 .. I dunno if she have changed her prices, but thats what I found ^^.

Offline strawkat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/cat/wolf
  • Coloring: grey, pink, blue, and purple
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »
I just need fur right now which is the most expensive. I'm estimating $200s? I can afford everything else on my own for now.

Offline PhantomChicken

• Vibrating Furby
    • Screaming Chicken Studio
    • Awards
  • Species: Scaly
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
Great Idea!

First off, I'd like to put my name in the hat to be a contributing designer/maker. You can check out my work here: http://phantomchicken.deviantart.com/gallery/28795570

Secondly, you may want to look at Kickstarter.com as a way of funding suits for people. If you're only focusing on one person at a time, you would only have to worry about managing the "line" of people getting suits. Also, the people who choose to fund the projects only fund the suit when the target fund raising goal is met... meaning nobody has to give up money before they need to! It's a win-win in my book.

You can check out Kickstarter here: http://www.kickstarter.com/
Their FAQ section (which is helpful): http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq#paFund

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Offline blutailedferret

• Vibrating Furby
  • Rawr!
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2011, 01:07:18 AM »
I know foxfairy does amazing fursuits. She sells them extremly cheap too. For a partial it is $250 but they are so amaing. I thoink she shoul raise her prices but for now its 250 a partial and i think 150 a head.

Here is a link.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/foxfairy/

Offline Draekaar

• Avid Aardvark
    • Draekaar Illustration (my site)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black white blue
  • Height: varies.
  • Weight: varies with height, but heavier than others of similar size
  • Build: a bit chubby, but not overly so
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2011, 01:32:45 AM »
I'll offer my services to do fursuit making... i do tails handpaws and heads so far (as well as just ears), and will have an official site set up with prime examples within a month... I'll provide some examples off of photobucket (once i take some pics of existing stuff) and add to this reply then.  most of my prices are below $100 for tails/paws (closer to 50 - 80), unless you want something uncommonly complex or large.  I purchased paw pads and claws from monoyasha, and they are extremely worth the cost, but will be that much extra to make paws.  still under $100 for a set of paws with pads and claws, though.  Heads, can be anywhere from $200 - $400, 400 being the most extremely complex/detailed... like my head, for example, would be closer to $400 because of the frills and horns and eyes ;_;  something like a wolf? easily closer to $200.

i unfortunately can't offer any donations, because i've got no money, but I can offer work for relatively cheap.  bundle discounts, if you can get multiple parts at once :) whole partial suit from as low as $300 for basic characters.  :)

I need to get pics of my stuff up here!
~Kaa