The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 19358 times)

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: MH-53M Pave-Low IV helicopter
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 36 feet
  • Weight: 16 Tons
  • Build: Large and Bulky
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »

How can this show NOT be on here? I'm very disappointed in you all, but don't click away just yet!

It's non-existence on the forums leads me to deduce a lack of knowledge on the subject. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the newest My Little Pony cartoon developed by Lauren Faust, wife of Craig McCracken, creator of the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which she also helped in. Me, being the manliest of men, thought there was no way My Little Pony could be as good as it's being cracked up to be, but it is actually quite good. The animation is very nice, the characters aren't one-dimensional, and there is actual conflict and danger. Watch the first two episodes (they are all on Youtube) and you get a money-back guarantee if you aren't hooked.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:46:48 PM »
I had my share of Cartoon Network anime inspired super edgy and simple Power Puff animation when I was a child. Sorry...  x_x :3

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:05:10 AM »
I can't stand this show and all of the people who hav suddenly become obsessed with it.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 04:34:10 AM »
I can't stand this show and all of the people who hav suddenly become obsessed with it.
Oh? I don't see what's so bad about it, I mean obviously not everyone is going like everything, but I don't see what would cause such vehemence.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 04:35:47 AM »
Sorry for being bipolar there, I tried watching it and it never really did anything for me.

I can understand why some people would like it, I guess.

I must admit
I can't explain
Through my brain

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 04:38:55 AM »
Sorry for being bipolar there, I tried watching it and it never really did anything for me.

I can understand why some people would like it, I guess.
I just don't want people to immediately dismiss a good show because "it's for girls". If you gave it a try I can't ask you for more.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
I'll give it a try.

I've known about it but never watched it.

4chan was all up on that show.
xD
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • To the moon
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »
Hang on, I just realized I never saw any of those characters in the picture.

I'll try finding the episodes, dd you say they were on youtube?

I must admit
I can't explain
Through my brain

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 09:01:11 PM »
Yes, they are all on Youtube. It is important to include the "Friendship is Magic" bit; there are several MLP shows.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • To the moon
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 09:14:58 PM »
Wow, I actually liked that, the humor was actually fun and the plot had me guessing for a bit.

I'll just go say goodbye to what's left of my masculinity.

I must admit
I can't explain
Through my brain

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
The show is currently on the HUB, and from what I've heard, it's pretty much everything I want Benny N' Friends to be: a cute but clever cartoon with charming likable characters. Also, Twilight Sparkle is the perfect name for making fun of a certain book saga about "vampires."

I don't think I'll ever form an honest opinion on the show. Probably because I wouldn't be caught dead watching it. That, and my dad already picks on me occasionally for being a furry. If I had the bandwidth, I'd try watching it online, but there's still the risk of my dad finding out and making fun of me.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 11:21:33 PM »
I just thought of this thread when I saw this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U
Seeing these bubble gum toys talk with such manly voices made me chuckle.

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 02:17:21 AM »
The show is currently on the HUB, and from what I've heard, it's pretty much everything I want Benny N' Friends to be: a cute but clever cartoon with charming likable characters. Also, Twilight Sparkle is the perfect name for making fun of a certain book saga about "vampires."

I don't think I'll ever form an honest opinion on the show. Probably because I wouldn't be caught dead watching it. That, and my dad already picks on me occasionally for being a furry. If I had the bandwidth, I'd try watching it online, but there's still the risk of my dad finding out and making fun of me.
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
-C.S. Lewis

When your dad asks why you watch a show about pink ponies and rainbows you tell him it takes a heck of a lot more than some ponies to make you turn girly.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
-C.S. Lewis

When your dad asks why you watch a show about pink ponies and rainbows you tell him it takes a heck of a lot more than some ponies to make you turn girly.

I suppose if dad catches me watching it, I could tell him "Because everyone I know, even GUYS like the show." I'm still not sure if I want to watch it, though. But again, it has the qualities of Benny & Friends, so I might give it a shot if I ever build up courage to watch it. ...When on the HUB does it come on?

...Then again, I might be able to talk my Mom into watching that show and silently watch it with her. My mom likes cute and ponies.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:50:45 PM by Benny Bunnycorn »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 03:19:17 AM »
I just watched the pilot of this show. its was good. Not enough to save cartoons of today, but redeeming a little bit. I like Flluttershy :$