The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 19374 times)

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
  • Species: Uinicorn Pony
  • Coloring: Red body, Yellow mane/tail
  • Height: 5'
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: slim and muscular
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »
Yep the Jaggs is hooked on MLP: FIM. It started two days ago and I like Macid like Fluttershy followed closely by Applejack. :3

On a side note: I'm posting this on a school computer.
"Sail Tough or STAY home" Back of Ship 6 t-shirt

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
And so ends My Little Pony Season 1, with the best episode ever.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »
True that, finished the last episode last night on YouTube. Sadly we don't have the HUB authorized so i can't wach it on tv.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:41:57 AM by Jaggs »

Offline Random User

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Black 'n' Grey
  • Height: Five feet, six inches.
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Average
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
Lol, I love this show. My favourite pony is Twilight Sparkle.
Melt in the Sun! Melt in the Sun! Who wants to come with me to melt in the Sun?
Hide in the sky! Hide in the sky! Who wants to come with me and hide in the sky?

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »
Also, seeing Futtershy actually yell, and Rarity turn red faced in anger were both unexpected and funny. 

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
I watched a 10 hour marathon of ponies with a bunch of bronies on synchtube. It was amazing, jokes were flying every which way, people were singing along on mumble, none could stop the madness.
it was the best use of my time that i could think of.

Now to do my assignments.

they're due in tuesday.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:32:52 AM by Asia Kali Yusufzai »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 04:06:56 PM »
That sounds like it was a lot of fun Asia. I wish I had known about it!

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 07:31:02 AM »
go to EquestriaDaily.com for all My Little Pony community news. They post about everything, including comments from creators and animators on the show, new episodes, rumours, crappy hasbro merchandise, awesome fan made merchandise, community events, Pony Related Videos (parodies, music vids, readings, that kinda stuff), fanart and fanfiction (a lot of the art is generally pretty good and so is the fanfiction to some extent) and whatever else draws attention.

speaking of ED, in case people don't know, they recently ran a rather important set of stories. Lauren Faust (the brain behind Friendship is Magic) will have a more reserved role on the team for Season 2. She's now a consultant rather than an executive producer. That's not to say that the show will get worse. Most of the same team of animators and writers will be working on it. They've already started animating the first 7 episodes, including a return of fan favourite, Princess Luna. Also Ditzy "Derpy Hooves" Doo is now considered a proper canon character but will still be a background pony who you have to search for.

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 03:56:18 PM »
Yep, from the look of the reports Seson 2 is going to be a good one. With an expanded cast (how much expading they'er going to do is any ponys gess), and the fact that Faust is still a part of the show (kind of) is promising as well. Man I can't wait for seson 2!!!

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
  • Species: MH-53M Pave-Low IV helicopter
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 36 feet
  • Weight: 16 Tons
  • Build: Large and Bulky
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 03:17:17 AM »
Also Ditzy "Derpy Hooves" Doo is now considered a proper canon character but will still be a background pony who you have to search for.
"...Luna will be back especially Derpy (Who has now became an official Character here. I wouldn't be surprised if she has her own character sheet/model with preset expressions)."
Derpy is an "official" character, and "official" can be interpreted quite a few ways and it is not known how much actual involvement she has, also he said derpy, not ditzy (which was fan speculation as to derpy's canon name).

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 09:33:55 PM »
Also Ditzy "Derpy Hooves" Doo is now considered a proper canon character but will still be a background pony who you have to search for.
"...Luna will be back especially Derpy (Who has now became an official Character here. I wouldn't be surprised if she has her own character sheet/model with preset expressions)."
Derpy is an "official" character, and "official" can be interpreted quite a few ways and it is not known how much actual involvement she has,

This is taken from Equestria Daily:

Also a note from Allspark on Derpy Hooves

"Her role in season 2 (to my understanding) is the same as season 1. A kind of 'Where's Waldo' visual gag for the fans. Instead of being edited into the scenes in post production she's actually showing up in the storyboards. I don't know if she will get an official name or speaking lines, but the Derpy joke scenes are now being planned out ahead of time instead of just thrown in as we go. I'm certainly not in the decision making process, this is just what I'm seeing from my perspective.  "

also he said derpy, not ditzy (which was fan speculation as to derpy's canon name).
Well it's not entirely fan speculation. Lauren Faust was the one who suggested that Derpy could be Ditzy Doo
A later episode references a less-than-intelligent local pegasus named "Ditzy Doo" so maybe she can be her if we ever need to show her.
And as fun as calling her derpy is, it's not very nice so i prefer Ditzy Doo.

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 03:59:14 AM »
Actually, Ditzy Doo or a name to that effect was said by Rainbow in the Winter Wrap Up episode near the back half.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 11:38:11 PM »
Yeah that's the episode that lauren faust referred to. She said that Ditzy doo could possibly have been derpy, since she went north to get the birds instead of south.

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Silvery Grey, Burnt Orange, Mottled Black, Dirty Cream
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 123lbs.
  • Build: short and scrawny
  • Currently: Coding Drawing Browsing Working Sleeping
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »
I'm just starting to watch it now.

I avoided it for a long time due to all the 4chan hype... I figured they were only watching it for the lulz.  I come to find that most of these bronies are awesome people, which seems to be why they like the show so much.

But I actually started because the Funday Pawpet Show ( http://www.pawpet.tv ) finally covered it - Yappy wanted to know what all the hype was about so he wasn't lagging behind, and the cast was picking on him, then he proceeded to show some fan videos.

I figured I needed to check it out after I dreamt I was on ponychan.   :o

I'm only at the beginning of the second episode, though.

Having trouble deciding whether or not I like Rainbow Dash or Pinky Pie better.   :P

Offline Random User

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Black 'n' Grey
  • Height: Five feet, six inches.
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Average
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Rawr, I hate Tumblr, so I spammed it with pony pics. Hey, Tumblr wanted to be more like /b/, amirite?
Melt in the Sun! Melt in the Sun! Who wants to come with me to melt in the Sun?
Hide in the sky! Hide in the sky! Who wants to come with me and hide in the sky?