The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why does no one care about animals anymore  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Why does no one care about animals anymore
« on: February 04, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »
It seems like every where I go, when there's a topic about Animals, everyone in the topic seems to say stuff like "Animals are unimportant," and "Humans are more valuable than animals, who have no value." I also noticed a rise in animal cruelty and hunting. What's more, there seems to be more and more games, TV shows, etc with animals and animal lovers as badguys, and to make matters worse, animal hating people as the goodguys. Even Animal Planet these days rarely shows how facinating animals are in favor of how horrible they are. Have animals really become this worthless?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Why does no one care about animals anymore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
I honestly have no idea where you've got this from. For me it seems like the opposite is happening.

Offline rsteele1113

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Feel the Steele
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: grey/blue with dark blue spots
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Average/Slightly built
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
Not to me, and they never will.  In my eyes, animals will ALWAYS win over humans, because they have something we don't, and that's purity.  Their lives are more or less ran by survival of the fittest, not ran by little pieces of paper with numbers and presidents on them.  Animals are the best thing on this planet, all of them from avians to reptiles and everything in between.  I won't ever stop caring...

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »
I agree with both of you. There is an expansion of both beliefs. I lived in California where certainly Puncia's view was much more perfered. Now I'm in Oklahoma where there is a lot of hunting and BEEF license plates and such.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »
Odd, that's what it seemed like to me, anyway.

Not to me, and they never will.  In my eyes, animals will ALWAYS win over humans, because they have something we don't, and that's purity.  Their lives are more or less ran by survival of the fittest, not ran by little pieces of paper with numbers and presidents on them.  Animals are the best thing on this planet, all of them from avians to reptiles and everything in between.  I won't ever stop caring...

I'm sorry, but as much as I like animals, that's a pretty big stretch.

Offline rsteele1113

• Boisterous Bear
  • Feel the Steele
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
Well, that's just my opinion.  You're free to take it or leave it.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:08:54 PM »
Over the web and such, I see more and more PETA people and vegs and the lot. People that are pro animals and anything from "Eh, hunting for sports is kinda bad", all the way to "I refuse to drink milk even though not milking the cow is animal abuse".

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
That might account to why. To many insane animal lovers and not enough sane ones, Ergo, I see more and more people who say they hate anything that's not human.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
Not to me, and they never will.  In my eyes, animals will ALWAYS win over humans, because they have something we don't, and that's purity.  Their lives are more or less ran by survival of the fittest, not ran by little pieces of paper with numbers and presidents on them.  Animals are the best thing on this planet, all of them from avians to reptiles and everything in between.  I won't ever stop caring...
Couldn't have said it better myself..
I got the question once, that if I was in a house that was burning down and had just enough time to save either a dog puppy or a baby, which would I save?
I said that I was unsure, that I would try save both if I could, but if I only could take one, I would probably go for the puppy tbh! But it really would depend on the circumstances...
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 01:32:38 AM »
i agree with bunnycorn on one thing...that the humans capacity for cruelty is ENOURMOUS
i was watching the animalplanets rescue show..and i cried alot

there was a tiny puppy left to die with hudnreds of ticks in his ears sucking the life from him

a rottwiler with her 2 puppies (had 8 but the others died) left to die from starvation and dehydration in someones back yard with a dog that was dead and hanging from the fence by its leash.

another mommy dog with her litter of 10 and she was nothing but skin and bones...LITTERALY. they said she was like...a DAY away from death

and the final straw before i couldnt watch it anymore was a poor little dog with its legs all ductaped together..its mouth duct taped closed..put in a plastic bad and left on the side of the road to die in the heat.
i cannot even begin to even COMPREHEND how ANYONE could be so evil and cruel to ANYTHING. it made me hug my dog and be glad he never had to live like that. its truely sickening what some people do.

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 01:50:11 AM »
That's really bad. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that show. So many cruel humans.

the reason i watch it is so that i can know whats out there happening to those poor animals...and to see the filthy humans that do it get brought to justice

Shadow hide you..

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 01:57:03 AM »
Just for the record, I am in no way saying an animal has more value than a human. However...

i agree with bunnycorn on one thing...that the humans capacity for cruelty is ENOURMOUS

there was a tiny puppy left to die with hudnreds of ticks in his ears sucking the life from him

a rottwiler with her 2 puppies (had 8 but the others died) left to die from starvation and dehydration in someones back yard with a dog that was dead and hanging from the fence by its leash.

another mommy dog with her litter of 10 and she was nothing but skin and bones...LITTERALY. they said she was like...a DAY away from death

and the final straw before i couldnt watch it anymore was a poor little dog with its legs all ductaped together..its mouth duct taped closed..put in a plastic bad and left on the side of the road to die in the heat.
i cannot even begin to even COMPREHEND how ANYONE could be so evil and cruel to ANYTHING. it made me hug my dog and be glad he never had to live like that. its truely sickening what some people do.

What you said, that just makes me want to die. I knew there were some people who were cruel to animals, but the last thing would just be unforgivable to me.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 02:18:40 AM »
Just for the record, I am in no way saying an animal has more value than a human. However...

What you said, that just makes me want to die. I knew there were some people who were cruel to animals, but the last thing would just be unforgivable to me.

*nods*...and thats just one episode..the abuse and neglect is endless. so whenever i see a coin jar to help abused animals get medical help and new homes..i alwase donate as much as i can

Shadow hide you..

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 02:24:06 AM »
Me too, but then again, I donate to pretty much every charity I come across.

Offline rsteele1113

• Boisterous Bear
  • Feel the Steele
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 02:46:12 PM »

I am.  Humans are way less valuable than animals.  Think about it like money and inflation.  Once there is a crap load of money printed, its value is lower.  There are more humans than almost all animal species, therefore there is much more humans to spare than animals, making them less valuable.