The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why does no one care about animals anymore  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Re: Why does no one care about animals anymore
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 04:04:01 AM »
I always have felt that a human life is worthless, humans have never done anything good for the earth.  Whenever I tell people that, they give me awkaward stares.    >:3

No offense, but those awkward stares are justified. You only really think humans have never done anything good for the planet because you zoom in on the negatives and ignore the positives.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Darksky

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Artist: Gelidus
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Charcoal gray
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: Athletic, not too tall, kind of skinny, 15 year old body
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 04:27:25 AM »
What are the positives then?  Please give me some examples.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 05:12:51 AM »

First off, YOUR human. Are you saying you've never done anything good for the Earth?
Secondly, there's plenty of things "humans" have done.
Look at organizations trying to fight for good causes such as to protect animals and/or the environment, cure Cancer, stop domestic violence, etc.
Theirs good and bad in every aspect of everything.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »
Keep in mind that all you hear on the news is about bad people doing bad things, you close to never hear about all the good deeds done in this world. Right now, there are thousands of people planning, creating and/or making their loved one's best memory, one they will remember and cherish for the rest of their lives. There are mothers comforting their children and friends backing up one another. And yes, humans rescuing animals in need. Would you call them bad people too?

Would you call us bad people? Because if you like it or not - we are humans too, typing away on your keyboards.

I'm sorry to do a repost but there's no use typing it over again. XD

Offline Darksky

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 05:21:54 AM »
I'm saying  humans as a whole, it seems like everyone on this forum are good people.  I'm talking about how ever since we started building and cultivating animals,  grains, etc. the earth's overall health has declined.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 02:30:19 PM »
While that may be true to some extent, that's no reason to hate the entire human race.

Offline rsteele1113

• Boisterous Bear
  • Feel the Steele
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: grey/blue with dark blue spots
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Average/Slightly built
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »
I understand where you're coming from Darksky.  People are too self centered now days.  Maybe there was a time when there was a bit of selflessness left in people, but it has long since died.  For instance, look at my situation, I give and do and help everybody else that asks me to, using my time that COULD be used to make my own life better.  I bust my tail for people, but when I need some help, they turn their backs.  Just use me to do all the crappy work nobody else is willing to do, and most of the time, don't even say thank you for it.  People are simply too self centered to be considered anything remotely good.  Even the doctors that are supposedly "fighting cancer" do it for the money.  They don't care if that poor guy has a tumor in his head.  If they can fix it, they get a new Corvette, if they can't fix it, they still get a new Corvette and go on with life.  They don't care if he lives or dies.  I have never seen a doctor one who truly cares about a patient.  It's all for the money check at the end of the week.  It's like that in everything these days.  It's all about who has the fanciest touch phone or the biggest TV screen or the fattest wallet.  It no longer revolves around caring, honesty and integrity, it has all become materialism.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
I understand where you're coming from Darksky.  People are too self centered now days.  Maybe there was a time when there was a bit of selflessness left in people, but it has long since died.  For instance, look at my situation, I give and do and help everybody else that asks me to, using my time that COULD be used to make my own life better.  I bust my tail for people, but when I need some help, they turn their backs.  Just use me to do all the crappy work nobody else is willing to do, and most of the time, don't even say thank you for it.  People are simply too self centered to be considered anything remotely good.  Even the doctors that are supposedly "fighting cancer" do it for the money.  They don't care if that poor guy has a tumor in his head.  If they can fix it, they get a new Corvette, if they can't fix it, they still get a new Corvette and go on with life.  They don't care if he lives or dies.  I have never seen a doctor one who truly cares about a patient.  It's all for the money check at the end of the week.  It's like that in everything these days.  It's all about who has the fanciest touch phone or the biggest TV screen or the fattest wallet.  It no longer revolves around caring, honesty and integrity, it has all become materialism.

Right, because you know EVERYONE on this planet.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 07:21:04 PM »
i care about animals. in my opinion some humans are a truely discussing species. 
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Darksky

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »

I know exactly what you mean, my neighbor is a surgeon and he always laughs about how much stuff he can get for his kids.  My doctor is my cousin so I hope he cares about me.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 03:03:32 AM »
the resin why people don't care about any one else or any thing is because they only care about money. if we want change we have to slay greed, most people cant do this. as humans we are tormented by the inconstancy of everything obtainable. in other words people are never happy with what they have, if some if some one is has a billion dollars they want 2 billion if they have 2 houses they want 4, if they own the world they want to own 2 words.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline rsteele1113

• Boisterous Bear
  • Feel the Steele
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: grey/blue with dark blue spots
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Average/Slightly built
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 03:06:01 AM »
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks so, thank you Icy Wolf.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 03:14:42 AM »
your welcome, most doctors are only in it for the money the same thing with vets they dont care about animals.
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 03:18:10 AM »
*Sigh* I give up.  x_x

Sometimes I feel like I don't even belong at this forum. Surely I'm not the only one at this forum who's NOT misanthropic.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 04:06:09 AM »
>_>

There's already been at least four people posting in this thread saying they still care about humans just as much as animals. And likely more who have just not specifically said so.

I do? :P I see humans as animals, but more intelligent and with a far higher self-awareness and all that comes with - good and bad.

Ok, here I go... (Inhales)

I see that humans and animals are of equal worth, because in the end, we're all the same thing, just a bit diffrent looking. However, that being said, its difficult for me to like humans as much as I like animals. Just last night, I saw both sides of how humans are.

I volenteered with the Girl Scouts and they were kind, caring, and when I messed up, they didn't get mad, and they even helped me fix it. That made me feel really good. =D 

But last night, my mate almost got killed by some guy over a car accident that wasn't even his fault. The only reason he's alive right now is because his father carries a gun with him.

But back on topic, I think the argument could go either way; their are more vegan/vegetarians and just people who care about animals, but also more jackwads that could care less about them.

I both like and dislike humans and animals

the humans I don't like are the general bad guys that hurt other things fore selfish reasons or fore no reason at all

The only animals I can honestly say I hate is this one bird that keeps making poopoo on my car, in the same spot every week or so.  >:(

First off, YOUR human. Are you saying you've never done anything good for the Earth?
Secondly, there's plenty of things "humans" have done.
Look at organizations trying to fight for good causes such as to protect animals and/or the environment, cure Cancer, stop domestic violence, etc.
Theirs good and bad in every aspect of everything.

I hardly consider a couple people not sharing your views as you being "the only one at this forum who's NOT misanthropic". There's really no need to be so dramatic about it...

And anyway. All that is beside the point, causing stupid arguments, and getting off-topic. The original question was why people seem to be so rough on animals lately, not "am I the only one who likes humans?" So stay on topic without getting all frustrated and argumentative about it, or the thread's getting locked.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.