The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Therian Physical Quirks  (Read 12869 times)

Offline Starfighter Suicune

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rawr!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Random Photo Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black&White
  • Height: Antroh: 1,56m - Feral: ~1,90m
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Therian Physical Quirks
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:39 AM »
I feel so normal now <3

- I also jump on my bed like a cat does
- I walk on my toes (maybe just because my parents say i stomp when i walk normal)
- I growl and show my teeth (but not at stranger)
- I like to walk on all fours. I don't do that often right now, but always have the urge to do it. That started with beeing a horse fan in my childhood. I always walked on all four, in different gaits. I jumped about obstacles with a height of around 60cm/23,6", maybe nore. My parents always told me to stop doing it and walk like a nomral human does. Haven't done  that for some time now. I don't know how good I'm at it now, got some weight  since then and I don't wanna hurt myself <_<
- When something in our house scares me with a weird noise or something like that, I move quiet, ducked and with my hands under my chest. Or I walk slow on all fours

I think there are some other little habits, like using me teeth instead of another tool, but the ones above are the main ones

Offline Novabrek

• Avid Aardvark
  • Why does this always happen to me!?!?! XD
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue,Black,Gray,White- Eyes : Silver blue
  • Height: 5 ft 8
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: medium frame
  • Currently: Emotion meter: [72%]
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 04:05:38 AM »
1. used to eat dog food and loved it.
2. used to bit if i got into a fight or cornered.
3. i use my mouth as another thing to hold objects.(still do it helps)
4. sometimes i walk on fours up stairs.
5. i curl up into a ball when i sleep.
6. i have alot of blankets and pillows to make my warm nest when i sleep.
7. when i smile i show my big k9s.
8. when i yan my mouth is open for extended times.
9. when i stretch it is forewords and not up. 

That is all i can think of right now but these are the ones i notice but there could be more.
He is my shadow my reflection and i am his we are one person , mind, heart, and spirit. We stand and fall as ONE.
FACE BOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003403716903&sk=wall
G-MAIL: [email protected]
U-TUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/Novabrek/featured
MY THEME SONG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K287p_jVzYI
FURSONA PROFILE: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=4353.msg835524#msg835524

Offline Leiton

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 04:29:48 AM »
1. used to eat dog food and loved it.
2. used to bit if i got into a fight or cornered.
3. i use my mouth as another thing to hold objects.(still do it helps)
4. sometimes i walk on fours up stairs.
5. i curl up into a ball when i sleep.
6. i have alot of blankets and pillows to make my warm nest when i sleep.
7. when i smile i show my big k9s.
8. when i yan my mouth is open for extended times.
9. when i stretch it is forewords and not up. 

That is all i can think of right now but these are the ones i notice but there could be more.

Lolz this pretty well describes what I do, though I don't consider myself a therian. Dog food is quite tasty ^_^
And I still bite  XD Why not? It's a useful tactic :P

Offline Spirit Hamaski

• Boisterous Bear
  • The Therian Kierrn / Married Wolf
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Spirit's Den
    • Awards
  • Species: Kierrn ~Werewolf~
  • Coloring: pure white
  • Height: 7'5"-8'5"
  • Weight: 350lbs
  • Build: Fitness figure
  • Currently: Quite busy with art and loving with her Mate
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 04:48:28 AM »

My Sona, Spirit The Kierrn (Beast Werewolf) and I have connect though our own Vivid Dream world of Spiritual for nearly 8-10 year. I can Feel any movement Spirit Give me to ability walk across without look down/Look forward as see some farther as I know what Object moving around at Distances away from. She/I been love to have Winds around my body/Furs of Her to brushing by freedom.

Spirit were first chosen me when I start drawing of Creature but she butted in to helped me to expanded my mind of creative in past years ago. But now She still with me for long time like as True personality of mine who am I to everyone. People of my real life friends...called me Spirit instead of real name as they knew I Acted not normal for few years to developed as I able seeking my own way out of area without asked people to gave me a way to got there. I gotten craved for Meats from Wilds that I been hunted for But Cooked them. Many thing She made me to do most that her habit of lifestyle around.

My fiancée was told me that Spirit appeared out of nowhere by Aura of my body as Show my fiancée that my true form of me is Spirit not begin myself. So She trusted my fiancée even more than old exs.

If you want to get know about my Sona, Spirit/ and Myself..Make sure HIT 'Private Message' to me :)  I would glad to help/Answers
  • Signature art by: ME

~*~The caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf who keeps the caribou strong~*~
Spirit's FurAffinity
Spirit's DeviantArt

Offline Sne

• Boisterous Bear
  • I reject my humanity and substitute a fox!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Scarlet Mane's Diary
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic fox
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 28 cm
  • Weight: 4 kg
  • Build: feral
  • Currently: dead
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 09:10:49 PM »
And I still bite  XD Why not? It's a useful tactic :P
It's a good way to find yourself talking with a psychologist or a psychiatrist. I know first-handedly.

I do have several weird thoughts about anatomically difficult activities, but the experience mentioned above made me horribly self-aware and I don't practice them (fearing it will make someone notice), at least not when anyone can see me. Except one thing that's very hard to control - I tend to walk extremely silently even in heavy boots on gravel. I've been yelled at for sneaking a lot :$ even though I really try not to do this.

Offline Kittie

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm a daydreamer making dreams real
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Silver dapple also known as Chocolate
  • Height: 14hh or 4 feet 8 inches
  • Weight: It's rude to ask a lady how much she weighs LOL
  • Build: Pony like, a little stocky
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 03:00:32 AM »
I have found I have a bad tendency to bat at dangling objects or feel the strongest urge to chase after rapidly moving bits of string of other small moving things.
  • Avatar by: Art by Greyflower on DA, me and Blossom on EV
The one, the only... chocolate colored Pegasus!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
I've always had the "walk on all fours on stairs" quirk. I had to get used to not doing that when other people are there, especially at school or at my friend's house. I often do have the urge to bite people, and I hate having my nails clipped short. I feel sorta "defenseless" without my claws, honestly. XD That's really all I can think of right now.

I'm not therian, though I find the topic pretty interesting and wish I could have that sort of spiritual feeling and whatnot. Personally, I think most of these "quirks" are normal ancient human traits that are still with us from before we created the civilization we have today. It's just that most people have grown to ignore these urges and such, as they are viewed as socially improper in modern time. And I think the all-fours-on-stairs thing is just to keep balance better. :P

Offline alpha wolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • Unleash the wolf in you
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic timber wolf
  • Coloring: brown, white and blakc
  • Height: 5 ft 8 in
  • Weight: 165 lbs
  • Build: Bodybuilder
  • Currently: Hopefully with My dog
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 04:49:29 AM »
inin wrestling matches i will often feel as if i have claws.  I try to use them against my oppenent but of coarse nothing happens  >:(
I used to be completely feral.  However I have been becoming more werewolf like as years pass.

Offline Lokyar Brightmane

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf pup.
  • Coloring: Black, white and brown fur.
  • Height: 6 inches at the shoulder, half a foot or approximately 15 and a quarter centimeters.
  • Weight: 10 lbs
  • Build: Slightly chubby, but quick, especially when chasing a lost ball.
  • Currently: Joined Anonifoxeh's group as a servitor. :3
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 01:13:16 AM »
On the subject of arm wrestling, I am quite weak physically, but in the few seconds from the start to my loss, I feel... I dunno... It's kind of like a cloak? Hard to describe. It starts at my wrestling hand and I feel I have claws; I feel other alterations begin and spread but by then I've lost and the moment has passed.

Also I have excellent night vision; to the point where if there is the tiniest glimmer of light in the room, I can see colour. When my friends are blind, I think: "What the hell? You wimps it's only dusk... oh..." and realize it is actually night time. I still get confused over this at 18.

I have also had to fight the urge for years for the all fours on stairs, and now it is only lack of flexibility that stops me; going up or down with a handrail on either side I can still do it, and usually do before I can stop myself

Whenever I get into a fight; combat seems to be multiplied fourfold - the urge to drop to all fours, the urge to ignore tactics in favour of wild flailing, the urge to revoke technique - all need to be fought in someone of my physical strength. And that is before we take into account the enemy himself. Technique, tactics, speed, and agility are key for me, and the threat of losing it in even my karate sparring scares me for a RL fight; and indeed I have had the crap beaten out of me because of losing control at the wrong time.

Still, on the other hand, momentary lapses have conversely saved my bacon; a strike that I had no chance of blocking dodged because my other self took over, dropped me into a crouch and pounced, or I spot someone creeping up who thought themselves cloaked in darkness.

TL;DR Although not realizing it at the time, my secondary self seems to affect my state of mind in times of stress, and there may be something of an animal's keen eyesight in me. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

P.S. Yes I love writing about combat  ^_^

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2&quot;
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 05:36:53 AM »
It's funny you bring up martial arts, FeralWulf, because it reminds me of my own experiences.

I don't know if it happened consciously or subconsciously but at some point, my limited martial arts training started fusing with my animal side. I started moving more like a cat, and fighting based on instinct as opposed to strict observation. It's a weird mix. Formal training powered by animal instinct and ferocity. I tried practicing again a couple years ago, but left before long because I didn't trust myself to stick to the techniques we were being taught. My animal side wanted to test itself against a legitimate opponent and I knew if that happened, I would run the risk of really injuring my classmates. I felt that was a risk best left avoided.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 05:48:20 AM »

Whenever I get into a fight; combat seems to be multiplied fourfold - the urge to drop to all fours, the urge to ignore tactics in favour of wild flailing, the urge to revoke technique - all need to be fought in someone of my physical strength. And that is before we take into account the enemy himself. Technique, tactics, speed, and agility are key for me, and the threat of losing it in even my karate sparring scares me for a RL fight; and indeed I have had the crap beaten out of me because of losing control at the wrong time.

Still, on the other hand, momentary lapses have conversely saved my bacon; a strike that I had no chance of blocking dodged because my other self took over, dropped me into a crouch and pounced, or I spot someone creeping up who thought themselves cloaked in darkness.

You aren't the only one who loves some combat talk ^_^
I recently joined the fight club at my college dorm due to being interested in seeing if i was any good, since I've had absolutely no training, don't have that much upper-body strength, and altogether not much fighting material.
Turns out I have a knack for it :P I beat the dorm champion my first night  ^_^ Still immensely proud with myself over that  :3
There's just something about the adrenaline rush you get when you get into a fight. And though it's all just friendly submissions-only combat, it still just gives me that rush and urge to win. My heart-rate rises, my hands get kind of twitchy, and my vision gets crazy focused. I wear glasses, and my vision is not good at all without them. Well, I took them off to fight, but after the first fight and that first adrenaline rush, I could see better. I kept my eyes locked on him, and I could see everything about him crystal clear.
Just thought I'd throw in my two cents there  XP

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2&quot;
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 06:22:39 AM »

I recently joined the fight club at my college dorm due to being interested in seeing if i was any good, since I've had absolutely no training, don't have that much upper-body strength, and altogether not much fighting material.
Turns out I have a knack for it :P I beat the dorm champion my first night  ^_^ Still immensely proud with myself over that  :3
There's just something about the adrenaline rush you get when you get into a fight. And though it's all just friendly submissions-only combat, it still just gives me that rush and urge to win. My heart-rate rises, my hands get kind of twitchy, and my vision gets crazy focused. I wear glasses, and my vision is not good at all without them. Well, I took them off to fight, but after the first fight and that first adrenaline rush, I could see better. I kept my eyes locked on him, and I could see everything about him crystal clear.

Lol, that sounds like some awesome fun!  :D

Sadly, I wouldn't be able to participate because any time I even think about getting into a combat situation, my instincts take over and...yeah. Simply put, my fursona has a very strong fight-to-kill/incapacitate mentality when it comes to combat.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Novabrek

• Avid Aardvark
  • Why does this always happen to me!?!?! XD
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue,Black,Gray,White- Eyes : Silver blue
  • Height: 5 ft 8
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: medium frame
  • Currently: Emotion meter: [72%]
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 12:28:22 PM »

I get the same rush when i play paintball and also my glasses dont fit in my mask (without vision cut in half), when i play my vision gets a little better but my hearing gets turned up to the point that i could hear a pin drop a football field away. I never get hit when my other side wants to play, LOL Then there's my reflexes/speed get fast enough that getting hit with a paintball will be hard. ^_^
The last time i played it was VSing a trained marine that was fun.   XD
He is my shadow my reflection and i am his we are one person , mind, heart, and spirit. We stand and fall as ONE.
FACE BOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003403716903&sk=wall
G-MAIL: [email protected]
U-TUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/Novabrek/featured
MY THEME SONG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K287p_jVzYI
FURSONA PROFILE: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=4353.msg835524#msg835524

Offline Lokyar Brightmane

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf pup.
  • Coloring: Black, white and brown fur.
  • Height: 6 inches at the shoulder, half a foot or approximately 15 and a quarter centimeters.
  • Weight: 10 lbs
  • Build: Slightly chubby, but quick, especially when chasing a lost ball.
  • Currently: Joined Anonifoxeh's group as a servitor. :3
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »

I get the same rush when i play paintball and also my glasses dont fit in my mask (without vision cut in half), when i play my vision gets a little better but my hearing gets turned up to the point that i could hear a pin drop a football field away. I never get hit when my other side wants to play, LOL Then there's my reflexes/speed get fast enough that getting hit with a paintball will be hard. ^_^
The last time i played it was VSing a trained marine that was fun.   XD

Yeah I know what you mean. When I get into a ranged combat situation, and my other self joins in, if in the day my sight seems to shut down; I don't remember seeing anything, but I remember hearing the tiniest sounds. At night my night vision kicks in and again my hearing improves; not sure if I just don't notice it when up close but it is somewhat scary that it might depend on range, and the daytime sight thing is just strange.  :?
Paintball is fun for me during the day; people in full camo, laid down in the grass, entirely stationary - me wandering around in bright clothing; I shoot them first and then proceed to not get hit; near regardless of range. Afterwards they ask how I knew they were there; when I state that I heard them they mention the range and the lack of motion and the relentless dodging of paintballs, and I don't know how to reply, other than to reiterate that I heard them. XP

Haven't faced a marine, but I've only played paintball a couple times, and usually against people who claim they are good; indeed, some of them only have my paint on them, so... T_T

Even in indoor situations, I can dodge any thrown item if my other self joins in; even dodged a table by leaping it. B)

TL;DR again; if accompanied by my friendly other side, you are best off closing rather than trying a ranged fight; in close combat he is a hinderance at times while at ranged he is just pure win. :*

P.S. Because I can. Squee! ^_^

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Riku Aotsuki

• Boisterous Bear
  • Who...am I...?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard!
  • Coloring: Primarily a blue so pale it's almost white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 95lbs not including the weight of his fur.
  • Build: Very lean, but enough muscle so as not to look skeletal.
  • Currently: Listening to music!
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 03:31:04 AM »
I walk on my toes, I growl and show my teeth when I get aggravated, I roar when I'm enraged, and I purr when my head and neck are caressed especially around my ears. And that thing with the back of the neck happens to me too, cuz my mom did that a lot to me to keep me from moving. She found it fun, I didn't so much and good thing nobody would try that with me cuz I'd throw them into the ground quicker then they could gain grip in their weak fingers. I was very good and showing my teeth when I was young, so nobody would even consider bothering me. :/ Don't know if that counts.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with that funny little neck quirk. :)

I have the neck thing two, though I only know one person that does it right for it to happen. I also used to run up stairs on all fours, still do sometimes. I walk digitigrade often, I hiss when irritated, yip when surprised, which gets me looks at school, I meow sometimes, and purr when I'm truly content, though I've never noticed myself. Sometimes I growl, too. When I stretch or yawn, I do so like a cat. And if I'm outside at night, I tend to prowl.
Many children fear the darkness. The wisest know that this is foolishness; it is the shadows that should be feared.
~Riku Aotsuki
The you you think of as you is not you. The you that thinks of you as you is not you. Who then, desires to become enlightened?
~Jed McKenna