The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gelidus's art  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
Re: Gelidus's art
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:09 PM »
@icy:
It's on the first post.

These look good, Gelidus. Great as always! :thumbsup:

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »
Its also in my sig :P

Thanks daemon :)
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »
For those of you who have seen my drawings: Would you consider it good enough for a commission? Regardless of what you guys say I will NOT be opening commissions anytime soon because I don't feel that I'm talented enough. I just want an honest opinion of whether you guys would pay a very small fee for it (like $3). I am VERY strong, so honest criticism would be great. I don't want to hear that my art is great when thats not your true opinion.

Also an update (sort of). As you can see I haven't posted drawings in a while. This is because I don't have a scanner available. When I don't have one you can expect a mass upload of all the drawings I've made since the one already posted. This will probly be in August or so.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 07:36:06 AM »
I just want to preface my answer by saying that you always *can* open commissions at any time, no matter your skill. The only thing that determines whether you get commissions or not is how well you're known and finding someone who will pay for an artwork from you. Try not to make "opening commissions" into that big of a deal, because it's a rough start. You may not have offers in the beginning no matter how good you are, depending on what kind of an audience you have. Or you could have people falling all over you to get one. Always hopefully the latter, but you know... Things don't always happen the way we'd like them to. :P

Now if you want an honest opinion based on your question, I personally think it would benefit you more to work on your skills more and gallery in general before opening commissions. One very important thing to think about when opening commissions is that you'll need examples of your work to show people the kind of thing they'd be paying for. The greater amount and variety of subject matter you can show, the better. Right now, your DA gallery mostly consists of drawings of just your fursona, with maybe two or three other characters thrown into the batch. None with backgrounds, and from a quick glance over, your drawings have only ever consisted of 2-3 colors. That's all well and good for working on personal stuff, or if a commissioner happens to have a blue and orange canine fursona, but from looking at your gallery, how would someone know how well you can draw horses? Felines? Wings? Backgrounds? Younger characters? Different body types? Multiple characters? Characters with a lot of colorful markings? Would you know how to tackle a commission for a watermelon-themed kangaroo-walrus?

Commissioners can sometimes come up with really crazy ideas. And although you may know the answer to those questions, the only thing commissioners have to go on is your previous work. Build up your gallery so that commissioners will know what to expect when they ask you for something. A fantastic way to solve that problem is to take requests, lots of them (and actually finish them! because they do no good otherwise). By experimenting with other people's characters, you'll gain more skills drawing different species, as well as your artistic skills in general. If you feel you're lacking in some area, you can even ask people to only request drawings of certain species.

Long answer is long, but I hope I helped.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »
Thank you WingedZephyr, This was exactly the answer I hoping looking for. I appreciate the long-winded, well thought out answer. One thing that I knew I needed to figure out is backgrounds. I've always been afraid to start because they take such a long time to do. Guess I have to tackle it sometime or another though.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling we need.
Love is only a feeling.

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 04:17:07 AM »
Here is a quick sketch I did of my updated fursona:
http://jj8472.deviantart.com/#/d3klyof

Here is a request for WZ:
http://jj8472.deviantart.com/#/d3j0c2n

and here is a request for Macid:
http://jj8472.deviantart.com/#/d3j5dj5

and here is a request for MinxKitty, my pet. She's not on here very much but we email all the time:
http://jj8472.deviantart.com/#/d3irxon

and finally me requesting to draw Drake lol:
http://jj8472.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3irwzr

Sorry they are poor quality, my camera is kinda junk. It's nice to be back in the saddle again :D
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling we need.
Love is only a feeling.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 05:32:30 AM »
i like WZ request, so dose your furson have wings now?
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 06:13:43 AM »
yesh. tis a wolf/falcon hybrid. and I decided I didn't want a gender either. I've always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to be avian but I like canines better. Lately I've just gotten into my avian side, so I finally decided make it part of my fursona.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling we need.
Love is only a feeling.