The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A little unsure...  (Read 457 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
A little unsure...
« on: January 14, 2011, 03:38:16 AM »
I knew this girl from school, and she was pretty much my best, and possibly only friend I had at school. And then earlier this week, I was looking at a graduation picture of her, and then decided to go onto Facebook, find her, and tell her I haven't forgot about her. Just one thing. ...I kind of want to mention that I am a furry, and that Benny is sort of a fursona, but... I'm not sure what her opinion on furries are. And I'm worried that any conversation with the word "Furry" in it will lead her to believe I'm a furry and hate me for it. I'm not sure what to do.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: A little unsure...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 04:04:02 AM »
theres only one way to find out what her opinion about furs are. Just ask her. Sometimes you just gotta jump, if you know what I mean.  *cheers for Benny*

Offline Vamp

• Off-The-Wall Guy
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It's meh!
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black feathers, green eyes
  • Height: 5 feet 11 inches
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »
I would try bringing it up in a random conversation, not totally direct or anything, then like Macid said, see what her reaction is.

Pet's name: Sion
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
"I used to be a freak, now I'm a freak with a camera."

"If I had a dime for every time I made sense, I'd be broke"

My Steam  : Vamp Altum

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:07:09 AM »
For one thing, I wouldn't just be like "Hey! How's it going? Haven't talked to you in a while. I'm a furry, by the way." completely out of the blue. Contact her first, start talking again, and then bring it up later if it feels right.

(You didn't mention how long it's been since you last talked to her, but I assume it's been a while. It would seem weird to me if someone I knew a long while ago randomly messaged me and started talking about furries, whether we were best friends before or not.)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline MinxKitty

• Avid Aardvark
  • Playful Kitty .. *pounce*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitten
  • Height: 5"10
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: Happily in love :3
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »
Wait till you've got talking again and are close once more.. Then mention it.. If she's a true friend, it shouldn't bother her
Xox
Just a cute lil kitty completely in love, but lacking any true friends :3 x

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
I wasn't planning on telling her right away. And actually, I don't think I WANT to tell her. I was planning on going with the "What is your views on furries" approach and see where it goes. But if she says she dislikes furries, should I try playing along and saying "Yeah, furries are horrible" or should I try to explain to her what I really think of furries, and risk having her find out I'm one? I'm also kind of worried that the later I bring it up, the more likely she will suspect I'm a furry. I've heard this story way too many times: Furry befriends Anti-Fur, Furry creates good relations with Anti-Fur, Furry tells Anti-Fur he's a furry, Anti-Fur becomes butthurt and swears never to see or talk to Furry again just for being a furry.

Also, I went out to find her on Saturday, I think. I also talked to her on Wensday. I'm not sure if that's too soon or not.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:17:36 PM by Benny Bunnycorn »

Offline MinxKitty

• Avid Aardvark
  • Playful Kitty .. *pounce*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitten
  • Height: 5"10
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: Happily in love :3
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
Do you really want to hide from what you are for the rest of your life?? If she finds out and its not from you, I think she'll be more upset that you didn't feel you could be honest with her!! Don't go against who you are, I'm learning people should love us for who we really are, and if they don't, they're not worth our time
Xox
Just a cute lil kitty completely in love, but lacking any true friends :3 x

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »
We don't really have enough information here to give accurate advice, in my opinion.

It can all depend on how long you were friends before, how long it's been since you guys last spoke, how she reacted when she heard from you again, what kind of person she is (normally understanding or not), whether you guys have been catching up on a ton of stuff or just exchanging small talk, etc. etc.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
I haven't been able to talk to her in a few days. I'm starting to think she already figured out I'm a furry when I showed her a picture of Benny. ...Or she just hasn't been on, who knows.