The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Life on Mars  (Read 5410 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Life on Mars
« on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
DI Drake woke up with his head pounding to the sound of his alarm clock frantically screeching. "Another day, another eight hours of dealing with that DCI of mine" he thought as he pulled on his jeans and leather bomber jacket. As he was leaving the emptiness of his Manchester flat, Drake swiped up his warrant card (which read Her Majesty's  Metropolitan Police Force hereby gives Drake the rank, rights, and office of Detective Inspector). Drake decided to walk today, the station was only about a mile away, and it was too pleasant a day to waste on being trapped in a car. He arrived at the station about twenty minutes later and took his place at his desk. He looked up to see DC Valentine stalk into the office, she was new, so Drake didn't know her well. Drake shot a look at his DCI's office, no doubt today would be another uninteresting day, that always put his boss in a bad mood. Suddenly the phone rang....
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: Life on Mars
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:57:21 PM »
max slowly walked into the station still rubbing his eyes when the phone rang. he heard someone answer it and just walked over to his desk greeting DC valentine on his way past. he sat down after a long yawn and started on some paper work for the night before, oblivious to anyone else being in the station.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 12:23:00 AM »
She smiled and gave a small nod to DI Max before she wet back to searching through her papers, looking for her card, when she found it she placed it in her shirt pocket and got up to get herself a hot drink, perking her ears to the sound of the phone ringing and being answered.
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:28:54 AM »
Drake put the phone to his ear, "DI Drake" he said in a wary voice, this was after all, the first call his station had received in more than two weeks. A-Division always fobbed off the big jobs to the Hyde station. "Manchester CID?" came a nervous voice from the phone, "this is PC Erikson, and I...I..." it sounded as if he was traumatized. "You what PC Erikson?" said Drake. Erikson continued, "I was on my last round of the evening when I took a look at the river and I found the body of a man floating in the canal, I think you need to come down and see for yourself" Drake sat back in amazement, and said into the phone, "okay we'll be there as soon as we can" . He signaled to DC Valentine and DI Max that there was a situation.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 12:44:01 AM »
max noticed drake signal him so he got up and grabbed his things. "so whats the case?" he asked DI drake as he walked over. his trench coat over his shoulder and keys in his hand.

(is this the day or night shift?)
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:45:50 AM »
(day shift)
Drake looked up at his fellow DI. "some bloke dead in the river, probably got drunk...let's take the DCI's car, I'm thinking he's not awake yet, probably slept in his office again." Drake turned towards DC Valentine, "Skree!" he said, "grab the Cortina keys and let's get out there!"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 12:49:07 AM »
"well at least its not another day or nothing but paperwork." max sighed pocketing his keys and grabbing his hat and notebook.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 12:52:58 AM »
Valentine brought the keys back to Drake and they all piled into the Cortina out front. "Crevan won't notice that it's gone..." Drake reassured the others....mostly himself. Drake drove the Cortina fast today, this was one of his few chances to be out on the streets. The Cortina pulled up to the roped-off area by the river. A blonde-haired PC, Erikson most likely, guided the group to the spot where a man's body lay. "Someone help me inspect his body" Drake said

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 01:02:58 AM »
"here you go constable, a chance for some good experience." max said patting DC Valentine's shoulder. "i'll go check around for anything suspicious."

(i think we should wait for one of the others to post before we continue to much further, but its just a suggestion.)

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 01:50:14 AM »
she out out the car and walked over to Drake, "I'll help with the body" she pulled on a pair of gloves before looking at the body. Cautiously went over to the body and crouched down, she began serach the pockets of the vitim for any form of ID, After a few minutes she found a wallet and stood up as she searched through, "well he wasnt mugged, he still has money and..." she paused as she opened up the parts for cards "he has no form of ID on him. How ever this happened the person or person involved obviously didnt want us to find out who this is". She inspected the John Doe more for any visable damage.
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 01:58:43 AM »
max walked around a bit vaguly hearing something about not-mugged and no ID. he slowly looked over an abandoned car he found behind a nearby boat shed. the looked normal apart from the bloody, broken drivers window, cracked windshield and the fact it had some how ended up half way out of the buildings back wall, about three meters from the edge of the water. "i think i found something!......something i cant explain!

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 02:13:18 AM »
Drake also pulled on his gloves and searched over the body. He inspected the entire body before he found a spot under the man's shirt on the back of the body. He turned to DC Valentine. "Well I think we found the cause of death.." he said and ripped the man's shirt off to reveal multiple deep lacerations in the man's back. Drake then heard DI Max call him from somewhere nearby and he leaped up to go inspect what had happened.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 03:07:54 AM »
She examined the wounds on the John does back, more carefully, before going back to the car and pulling out a small box and taking it back over to the body. She crouched down and set the box infront of her before opening it and taking out a pair of tweezers and pulling out some small pieces of twigs and glass and placing them on a tissue, she noticed the blood was still fairly liquidy so the time of death couldnt have been to long ago, she examined the skin around the skull after hearing what DI Max had said and she had noticed bruising and cuts, parting the gashes slighty with her fingers she peered inside to see if there was any glass, before letting out a scream.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 03:10:28 AM »
DI Drake ran over to Max to see what he had found. It was a huge, bloody glass vase. That must have been the murder weapon! Was it some kind of calling card though? Drake mulled over these questions when suddenly he heard DC Valentine scream

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:18 AM »
(ok, i don't mean to sound like i'm trying to annoy but......@skree, the body was in the water......the blood wouldn't be able to dry.      @drake, where did you get a vase? i found a car sticking into a wall......)
DI max ran back  around with DI drake to check on DC Valentine