The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171428 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #930 on: September 07, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
It's just that I'm so picky with his designs, and if he does something wrong, that usually means the design is ruined. He just revamped a Chesire Cat fakemon, and while it's nearly as chubby (Cute!) as the original, it's tail is smaller, it's hands are stubbier, it's feet are... pretty much the same as the first version. It's arms look a slight less powerful, and it's face is a slight less sinister IMO(The last one's debatable). My biggest problem is the smaller tail, it gives the design less density. Me, dense monsters are my favorite.

It doesn't help matters that this guy doesn't take criticism well. I have a feeling he's going to play the "You do better then," card or something like that. It's not a matter of who's better at drawing, it's just a few suggestions.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #931 on: September 07, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
It's just that I'm so picky with his designs, and if he does something wrong, that usually means the design is ruined. He just revamped a Chesire Cat fakemon, and while it's nearly as chubby (Cute!) as the original, it's tail is smaller, it's hands are stubbier, it's feet are... pretty much the same as the first version. It's arms look a slight less powerful, and it's face is a slight less sinister IMO(The last one's debatable). My biggest problem is the smaller tail, it gives the design less density. Me, dense monsters are my favorite.

It doesn't help matters that this guy doesn't take criticism well. I have a feeling he's going to play the "You do better then," card or something like that. It's not a matter of who's better at drawing, it's just a few suggestions.

If he's not making it for you, who are you to tell him how to design his creations, and why should it matter that the designs make you happy?

An artist does not create art for those who view it, they create for themselves. If they don't want critique on the technical aspects of their work, it is not your right to shove it upon them and say how rude they are for not appreciating uninvited criticism.

And on topic:

I'm almost done playing Protoype, but the last boss is freaking difficult. >8[

I wish I'd picked Easy mode going through the game, because I've died about a million times throughout the whole thing.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #932 on: September 07, 2011, 08:29:43 PM »
didnt get 8gb microsd card today...

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #933 on: September 07, 2011, 08:31:13 PM »
If he's not making it for you, who are you to tell him how to design his creations, and why should it matter that the designs make you happy?

An artist does not create art for those who view it, they create for themselves. If they don't want critique on the technical aspects of their work, it is not your right to shove it upon them and say how rude they are for not appreciating uninvited criticism.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's not it at all. I am not shoving my opinion down his throat or anything like that, and I don't start saying how rude he is for not taking criticism well. And again, I'm not comparing his art to mine, I mean he's completely out of my league. He's an amazing artist, and I'm still a novice. I just list things about a design I'd rather have seen.

That being said, I have a huge urge to say his latest revamp looks too much like Garchomp, but in fairness, this revamp actually pleases me much more than his old one this time around.

And on topic:

I was at work today, and sometimes I buy coffee at work. But they have only one flavor of coffee I really like: Colombian Fair Trade Select, and they were out of it. The other flavors they have are usually too strong. Today I had a French Latte flavor, out of curiosity, and that coffee was, in my opinion, unbearably strong.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
« Reply #934 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »
The IT people couldn't configure over half the laptops at school today as they "didn't have time." They had the entire day! What else do they do the rest of the time? Watch Youtube videos? Now I have to go and take my laptop into the IT dep. next week - what's wrong with tomorrow!?

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #935 on: September 07, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »
I'm really frustrated by this online english class.

I KNOW how to write. My other english course is a college one, for god's sake. The online school goes and asks me to rewrite/fix a sentence. I do just that. Then they tell me it's wrong. I try again. It's STILL wrong. Then, when they show me the right answer, the right answer is completely bogus...the right answers they show me are sentences that I would NEVER use on an essay! They're that horrible! I don't know why these people want to teach teens to write badly.
x

Offline SolemnSecularity

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
Just got my first college paper back, awww yeah.
« Reply #936 on: September 07, 2011, 11:24:51 PM »
Now let's just take a look at my grade and --  :/
Maybe if I check again, it'll just --  :(
Well, surely once more will fix that, right? Let's just look and --  :'(

Oh god I only made a B and am trying not to have some kind of breakdown.

Offline Fly Boy

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Founding Baconist
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Husky
  • Coloring: Typical Coloring for a Husky with extra black fur on the paws.
  • Height: '6"1
  • Weight: ~185 lb
  • Build: Built more for endurance, not speed
Re: Just got my first college paper back, awww yeah.
« Reply #937 on: September 08, 2011, 12:03:07 AM »
Don't worry, it's only one B! Everyone makes these grades every now and again. What I'm wondering is why you're almost breaking down over it. There will be other times that you can make an A. Just learn from your faults in that last paper and don't make the same mistakes again. You'll be fine  :)

FurAffinity:CLICK ME!
Deviant Art:CLICK ME!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #938 on: September 08, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »
Why am I so tired? I keep falling asleep.  -.-

Art stream:

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #939 on: September 08, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
I AM HUNGRY

And my parents are Nazis. Did I ever mention how annoyed I am that they treat me, an 18 year old, like a sixteen year old? I mean I know I've screwed up sometimes, and they feel they need to restrict me because that'll keep me focused and keep me out of trouble...but still. It's really frustrating that they debate my bedtime like I'm nine years old, and take a guard dog stance over me while I do my homework.

I guess it's my own fault for being so bad. *shrugs*

In other news, why do girls have to have that time of the month? Why can't it all just go away like magic?
x

Offline Echoes

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
« Reply #940 on: September 08, 2011, 09:35:46 PM »
The people upstairs can't keep their noise level down to a reasonable level at ALL. They keep stomping around playing annoying hip-hop so loud above my bedroom that I can't relax with some quiet. If I blast some EDM back their way (with my more powerful DJ equipment that is guaranteed to get the point across), they stop for a while but then just do it again later. You'd figure they would get the message that someone lives below them and they are being obnoxious, but no.

People who can't keep their noise levels down should live in HOUSES. Or properly soundproofed apartments. Not 2nd floor apartments where excessive noise is guaranteed to bleed through.

Offline Akula Filiko

• Eager Elephant
  • What're you looking at?
    • My deviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Blacktip Reef Shark
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: Kinda muscular
« Reply #941 on: September 09, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »
Whenever I see a picture of a hot scalie, I get sad knowing that he will never exist.  :'(

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #942 on: September 09, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
Does anyone know what happened with Tatter? He commissioned me for a lion suit and I haven't heard from him since March.

No idea.

Art stream:

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #943 on: September 10, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »
my parents keep angering me but I sound like a whiny teenager D:
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
« Reply #944 on: September 11, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »
no wifi at home that i can use, we hav a router but dad doesnt want to plug it in...

end up using other peoples wifi XD