The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171422 times)

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #825 on: July 26, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
I hate when I'm trying to give artistic advice to someone, but they ignore it completely and instead give me a sob story about how terrible and hard their life is.
I'm not a rude person, I like to help people, that's why I'm a teacher, but when I try to help someone it's frustrating when they see that help as me telling them that they should give up on art.
If you want to get into the art profession, you need a thick hide and you need to be able to take criticism. If you say things like "THANKS, MY LIFE WAS BAD ENOUGH, NOW THAT YOU'VE TOLD ME SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM I'M GOING TO GO KILL MYSELF" when you get a comment on how to improve, then you really need to grow up.
And I usually word my criticism in a very nice way, since I'm used to giving criticism to middle school kids, so if people are THAT sensitive when it comes to constructive criticism then they need to rethink their profession. You can't improve as an artist unless you get told how to improve. Just hearing "OMG THIS DRAWING IS GREAT" is nice, but it doesn't help you improve as an artist. If you want to just hear how amazing your art is, but freak out and threaten suicide when you are given advice on how to draw better, then your goal isn't to become a great artist, it's petty masturbation.
The work was traced from another drawing from a well-known artist, and people are paying them MONEY for it.
That's just wrong for both the artist and the client.
Disgraceful.

Edit: Also, people who think that their lives are SO HARD and think that they are the only artist in the world who has such a BAD LIFE need to do more research on a little artist named Vincent van Gogh.

I actually hate it when all someone says about my work is "OMG ITZ AWESOME!!!". Like, I can't put into words how much I hate it. Give me something I can actually work with. :P
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #826 on: July 26, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »
Just when I thought my health had improved yesterday, my health takes like, four steps backwards today.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #827 on: July 26, 2011, 09:58:47 PM »
It sucks when you feel like you and your brother really cannot get on. I can tolerate him but there's a small part of me that wishes I didn't have to.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #828 on: July 27, 2011, 12:18:52 AM »
Insomnia.
It sucks.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #829 on: July 27, 2011, 02:58:52 AM »
I hate when I'm trying to give artistic advice to someone, but they ignore it completely and instead give me a sob story about how terrible and hard their life is.
I'm not a rude person, I like to help people, that's why I'm a teacher, but when I try to help someone it's frustrating when they see that help as me telling them that they should give up on art.
If you want to get into the art profession, you need a thick hide and you need to be able to take criticism. If you say things like "THANKS, MY LIFE WAS BAD ENOUGH, NOW THAT YOU'VE TOLD ME SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM I'M GOING TO GO KILL MYSELF" when you get a comment on how to improve, then you really need to grow up.
And I usually word my criticism in a very nice way, since I'm used to giving criticism to middle school kids, so if people are THAT sensitive when it comes to constructive criticism then they need to rethink their profession. You can't improve as an artist unless you get told how to improve. Just hearing "OMG THIS DRAWING IS GREAT" is nice, but it doesn't help you improve as an artist. If you want to just hear how amazing your art is, but freak out and threaten suicide when you are given advice on how to draw better, then your goal isn't to become a great artist, it's petty masturbation.
The work was traced from another drawing from a well-known artist, and people are paying them MONEY for it.
That's just wrong for both the artist and the client.
Disgraceful.

Edit: Also, people who think that their lives are SO HARD and think that they are the only artist in the world who has such a BAD LIFE need to do more research on a little artist named Vincent van Gogh.
all i know about vincent van gogh is that he knew the Eleventh Doctor o.O
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
« Reply #830 on: July 27, 2011, 07:50:02 AM »
I actually hate it when all someone says about my work is "OMG ITZ AWESOME!!!". Like, I can't put into words how much I hate it. Give me something I can actually work with. :P
Yeah, I usually go to sites that I know can give proper critiques, DA isn't really good at those sort of things.
Plus I guess people are hesitant at giving critiques since they think it would hurt peoples feels, which I don't blame them after going through what I did with this person.
x_x

all i know about vincent van gogh is that he knew the Eleventh Doctor o.O
Oh that was a lovely episode. Didn't care much for the invisible monster (which I guess is better when you think of it as a metaphor for his insanity), but the rest was wonderful. The ending made me cry.
:$

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #831 on: July 27, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
I can take some criticism, but yesterday, but dad gave me the most vague, bogus, WTH? bit of criticism I ever heard: My drawings look too much like video game sprites.

Hello? Sprites can look like ANYTHING. I can take some criticism, but you shouldn't just pull stuff out of thin air.

Also, my sister is making me unload a truck full of [Please let me use this word] cause she took me camping. First off, I don't have any shoes I can use for the task. Second, what kind of award is it that I have to unload 2 truck fulls of [Can I has swear word please?] just so I can suffer from sunburn, eye irritation, insomnia caused by serious cramping, and some girl who would not stop [Pweeeeese?] me off. Yeah, some reward. The only highlight of that trip was seeing this baby squirrel and funnel cake from the flea market. Also I got strapless jeans (Which my sister made fun of cause she said they made me look girlish. I bought them cause I hate jeans and want something comfortable to wear in public.) and a South American bunny toy (Which my sister made fun of cause it cost five dollars. I bought it cause it was cute and I was feeling charitable.) And I have to shovel [Don't make me beg!] for something that felt like more of a punishment than a reward? And I have zero reasons why I should do this task for absolutely JACK!!! Right now, I'd rather sleep on a bed of broken glass that do this.

Also, I don't have any shoes. I can't use my public shoes, I can't use flip flops, and no other shoes in the house fit me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:29:58 PM by Benny Bunnycorn »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #832 on: July 28, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »
bears harassed me on my camping trip last night o.O

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #833 on: July 29, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »
When people go off because of the smallest crap. I mean, get a life, seriously.
"Ah! Its not a neko, its a neko-minni" whatevertheheckhesaid. Gawd.

And otakus. They make me ashamed to watch/draw anime. (Goes to hide in closet)

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #834 on: July 29, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »
I lost my debit card... The bank is closed... Hopefully, I remembered my card number and nothing has been stolen...
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #835 on: August 01, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »
Looking at future schools/universities/drumming diplomas/drama school and I can't stop worrying! Why is this all so hard and complicated!?

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #836 on: August 01, 2011, 06:58:30 PM »
I can't stop dancing  :$

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #837 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:03 AM »
Broke up with Zypher because it turns out she was cheating on me with two guys. I'm still really pissed at her, obviously.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #838 on: August 02, 2011, 12:52:58 AM »
I lost my copy of my loan and I'm moving out in 2 days... Great...
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #839 on: August 02, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »
I'm trying to tell people on this one forum that human overpopulation is, infact, happening, and that many people ignore it because they only care about the human race and believe animals were put on this planet to be killed, and other things only an animal hating skuzz-bag. But they expect me to provide PROOF. By now, it SHOULD be common knowledge that overpopulation is happening, but I need PROOF!?! Either they're dumb, or they hate animals and are trying to provide "proof" that it's NOT happening so there can be more and more humans on planet earth and less and less of everything else until eventually we're the last living things on the planet. And when that happens, I might do something so bad, I don't think I'm even allowed to mention it..

You know I'm not misanthropic, and I'm not saying ALL humans are evil or anything like that, but every year it gets harder and harder not to be misanthropic.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!