The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171385 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7485 on: March 05, 2018, 09:12:18 PM »
Oh boy...

I've been that person who was in soo deep with a clearly manipulative person, once... :c

Sorry to say, but it indeed isn't easy to convince a friend that they're being manipulated by someone. I know, because I also wouldn't believe my friends when they told me that my oh-so-sweet girlfriend was actually being a huge c8nt to all of them. Only after about a year I found out that I had lost almost all of my friends because "my little sweatheart" (Wich I later found out was indeed a huge c8nt) forced me to spend all of my free time with her, and refused to let me see my friends, because she didn't like them...

However, if the situation of your friend is similair to what mine was, I don't think that you're entirely powerless.

Manipulation by definition is a negative thing. (Else it's called "influencing" IIRC) And, if your friend is indeed being manipulated he should deffinetly experience those things negatively.

What you could try is approaching your friend and trying to get to speak to him alone, carefully bringing those negative things to attention in your conversation, with the intent of maybe giving your friend a push in the right direction of considering for himself wether or not the downs of his "(girl)friend" are worth the ups.

It's really important to not come over as negative about this person manipulating your friend. Because, if your friend is really "deep into it", then it's likely that they're just going to choose the manipulator over you. Especially if you come over as "just another one of those a-holes trying to criticise their "(girl)friend"".

My advice is, try to get your friend to vent about how their manipulator has effected them in a negative way, and try to give them a little nudge of truth, saying something among the lines of "Oh, wow. That's not a very nice thing to do. Maybe you should talk to him/her about that?". Just little nudges towards the fact this person is bad for him.

Now I cannot stress this enough:

Let your friend think for him/herself! Do not try to shove it down their troath!

Like I said, if your friend is being manipulated, he likely thinks of his manipulator as a "friend" or someone benificial to them. Immediatly conflicting that belief will just result to your friend running back to his manipulator, who will obviously just keep your friend reeled in.

You might not solve the problem straight away, but it may accelerate the process of your friend finding out that this person is bad for them.

I really hope your friend gets outta this one! :/

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
« Reply #7486 on: March 06, 2018, 01:36:16 AM »
Hey, girl who's been stalking me. STOP!
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #7487 on: March 07, 2018, 05:04:59 PM »
No amount of friends or their love stops me feeling lonely.

I hate it.

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #7488 on: March 07, 2018, 05:17:21 PM »
Two essays to do...

One overdue one soon to be and I can't seem to get out of this PIT.
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #7489 on: March 08, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »
Some debit card and joint bank account goofs means we have to go to the friggen bank to sort out crap. Can't I keep my friggen money in a jar so I don't have to deal with this bullcrap?

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #7490 on: March 09, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
Me, yesterday:

"Gaah, I really should go to sleep now because I needda get up early for work..."

2100: *Goes to bed*

2200: "Meh, it takes a while"

2300: "I probably, deffinetly won't get eight hours worth of"

0000: "Anytime, now!"

0100: "I feel like it's late..."

0200: "Do I even want to know what time it is rn?"

0300: "I wonder if I should see a doctor for this..."

0400: "I'm soo gonna resent existing tomorrow..."

0545: *Alarm rings*

"I [redacted] hate me soo much rn..."

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #7491 on: March 09, 2018, 04:43:20 PM »
I generally don’t vent much, but today after a bit annoyance earlier over something that honestly isn’t really that important just gotta made me feel down which kinda pushed me into thinking  of other stuff. Plus I guess it can be healthly to vent a little and maybe get advice.   ^_^ 

So what has been on my mind has to do with being transgender.  Im sorta in the really early stages and have a whole lot to work on. It’s not that Im questiong if I am, I had seventeen years to think of that and made up my mind recetly. Its just that I’m in a sorta tight spot right now and not sure what I should do. I really do want to start working on my voice more, start Htr, and later possibly Srs even.  But the issue I am having is firstly coming out to my mother, I am honestly scared to do and not sure why. I mean I’ve told her other stuff like sexuality which she seemed pretty open minded about but this, is just so much more drastic of a change and complicated so I have no clue how she would take it.  I mean so far only my boyfriend really knows my plan, which we was really supportive of me so I have that. ~ <3   also the second more major issue is where I take classes at, isn’t exactly filled with the most open minded individuals and I can certainly see that as a big risk that can cause me lots of hurt mentally if I do anything like Htr and get harassed as effects take place. I have about a year and half left there become I graduated from there so if I do start Htr while Im still there I may have to hide it I guess. Also I would need to figure out how I can even start hormones, I have been doing lots of research so I kinda have an idea. But still need to figure more out. Lots to plan on that part.  lol, I think it probably would have been better to just start my own thread, I have a lot I could talk about on this subject and wouldnt mind hearing from you wonderful people on any advice ^^    Probably rambled on enough for now.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:33:50 PM by ? »
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7492 on: March 09, 2018, 11:01:52 PM »
I really love myself some great communication.
If I talk about topic A, my dear friends, I don't talk about topic B.
So everything that's regarding topic B should not be seen as topic A.

I have the feeling this weekend is going to get so much better...  :D

What's this? An overload of sarcasm? Oh wel..

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #7493 on: March 10, 2018, 07:09:08 AM »
I tried to see if I could get myself to fall asleep, that didn't work too well.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #7494 on: March 10, 2018, 02:13:22 PM »
People spreading deliberate misinformation for any reason pisses me the **censor** off.

Someone in one of the discords I was in tried to use a fake screenshot to say that battlefront 2 had "win crates."

I HATE battlefront, I think it's a terrible game made by terrible people, I think micro-transactions in general are literally killing the game industry (They have certainly killed my enthusiasm for video games). I think battlefront 2 deserves to have all its copies buried in a desert and forgotten about. But BLEEPING HELL GUYS THERE IS ENOUGH IN THE GAME THAT'S BAD WITHOUT INVENTING NEW THINGS.

The worst part, even after I gave the original source of the image, even after I explained that there was a spelling mistake in the image, even after calling the person out on how obviously untrue it was. the rest of the discord still believed them.

We need to teach people not to believe everything they hear on the internet. We also need to teach people to check sources. It's is far to easy to convince people of things that aren't true, and way to hard to shake those beliefs afterwards if the original claim fits their worldview.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #7495 on: March 10, 2018, 06:19:18 PM »
My brother's constant antagonism and harassing behaviour is driving me insane. Everytime he sees me there's always some rude, patronising comment he's got to sling my way. He's always critisising and putting me down. The things he says about me to his girlfriend are absolutely vile.

I thought when my family gave my abusive father the boot I'd finally be able to relax. Turns out I'm wrong. I still hide in my room and I'm still paranoid and fearful all the time. My brother acts just like my dad. And he bullies and critiseses me for staying in my room. I tell him he's the reasons I hide in my room all the time, but as usual he just says it's because I'm a lazy layabout. He bothers me all the time, treats me like a child, puts me down in front of his friends to make him look good and is always trying to control me. He's no different from my dad as he insists he's trying to "save me".

I just can't seem to get away from people who want to hurt me.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #7496 on: March 10, 2018, 07:47:52 PM »
I think I am beginning to get an ear infection... my ear has been in pain on and off and I hear a crackling sound in it constantly. I don’t like it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #7497 on: March 13, 2018, 10:59:06 PM »
:/ feel like such crap today all because i didnt do my morning bike ride and its annoying thanks to rain pouring down where i am
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7498 on: March 13, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »
What's wrong with biking in the rain don't have a rain coat or something to cover yourself?

On a side note WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!?????
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #7499 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10:13 PM »
What's wrong with biking in the rain don't have a rain coat or something to cover yourself?

On a side note WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!?????

nope to darn cold and the only decent one is my brothers work one but he has it

and why what?
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D